Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #31
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Two - Part Two

After RnR, we headed back towards Star Tours so the kids could do Jedi Academy.

This was the Jedi Master and she was really funny and great with the kids.

DD and DS learning the ways of the Jedi

Out comes Darth Vader and the Storm Troopers

There is gesturing and threats, but we weren’t worried. We had the goodness of the Jedi on our side. DS was first to fight him.

Then it was DD’s turn

No one volunteered to join the Dark Side and everyone got a diploma for graduating from the Jedi Academy.

Some of the people in the crowd weren’t sure how the show worked and thought that they might just get picked like they used to do it. When they asked, they found out that now you have to get in early and sign up for each session. By this time, which was about 10:30 AM, they were taking kids for the 2:45 PM showing and some were disappointed. But thanks to the DIS, I knew we had to jump on this early. And I was really glad that I did.

Afterwards, DD wanted to go to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.
Photos along the way

Where ya goin’ honey ??

The playground

DD likes to trade pins ….. A LOT. She wants to trade with every CM she sees. Sometimes it becomes inconvenient, but we try to be patient.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-01-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #32
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Two - Part Three

More playground photos.

Afterwards, we went towards TSM to use our fast passes. We were a little hungry, so we decided to use some of our snack credits. DD and DH each got a Mickey Ice Cream Bar

She’s a MESS !!

DS got a frozen Coke

And I got a Frozen Raspberry Lemonade

These were YUMMY and so refreshing on a hot day. Now it was time to ride Toy Story Mania

Glennbo123 fast pass shot

It was fun as always. It felt like my arm was going fall off though, LOL.
We still had some time before our Lunch ADR, so we did the Backlot Tour.

On the way out, we spotted Mike and Sulley, so we stopped for autographs and photos.

Who knew DH liked the characters so much ?? LOL. He shows up in a lot of the character photos. I was happy to see him so into it.

After that, we headed over to the Animation Studios. This was one of the main things on my “To Do” list this time. We watched the movie and went into the character area. DD and Pooh

We got in line for the Incredibles, but I had just discovered that the drawing class was starting right then and that was something I really wanted to do. So we made it just as they were trying to choose which character to draw. Pluto won the vote. I really liked this and now I am never going to miss it. The kids got a little frustrated, but overall we really enjoyed it.

DH and his drawing.

And here is mine

My family was so surprised by this and I’m not sure why. DS was like” Dang Mom, that is awesome”. Even DH was nonplussed over it. It was pretty funny. I was surprised myself that they had no clue that I could draw well. It IS what I do for my job (I work for a Landscape Architect) and I often bring work home, but I guess they never really paid attention. Most of what I do is computer generated, but sometimes I get to bust out the drawing chops and some colored pencils and some markers and actually get paid for it. Best job ever !! And I love the people I work with, so I am very blessed.
DH and DD got back in line for the Incredibles and right when their turn was next, it was time for their break and they said that Mrs. Incredible wasn’t coming back and that is who DD really wanted to see, so they bailed and we went to lunch.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-01-2011 at 02:49 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #33
jamiesmom07
Mouseketeer

GREAT JOB on Pluto!!! I'm subbing as I can't wait to hear where your ADR is.
Lovin your trip report so far.
Nov.25-Dec.3 2011 - POFQ
April 2010 - POR
April 2003 - All Star Movies
Old 06-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #34
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesmom07 View Post
GREAT JOB on Pluto!!! I'm subbing as I can't wait to hear where your ADR is.
Lovin your trip report so far.
Thanks !! We had some really great ADR's this trip. We discussed at dinner tonight which were our favorites. We loved the dining plan and hope to try it again soon !!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #35
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Two - Part Four

We had 1:30 ADR’s for Sci-Fi Dine-In. I was very excited about eating here. And I wish I could say that I got some awesome photos, but it was too dark and I didn’t want to be rude and use flash, so here are the best photos I could get.

Yes ... I know .... lame.

We checked in and actually had to wait about 15 min. before we got seated. Jessie was our server and she was very cute and sweet and gave us very good service. It was very dark and hard to see the menu. Thankfully, I had researched it on Allears.net before we came, so I had a pretty good idea about what we should order. DH said we couldn’t see the menu at all.

DD ordered the kids macaroni and she didn’t like it at all. She said it wasn’t cheesy enough. She ate all of her fries though.

DS ordered a burger and some onion rings and he loved it.

DH and I split a Rueben and fries it was very good, I thought. They even split it up for us and gave us each a pickle.

We all had cokes or diet cokes to drink.

For dessert, DD got the ice cream sundae which she loved. DS got a chocolate milkshake which he loved as well, but he was too full to finish it. He couldn’t finish his burger either, so it was good thing that DH and I split something so we each took a couple of bites of his burger and It was VERY good.

DH and I ordered the cheesecake which turned out the be more of a red velvet cake with a thick cheesecake icing. It was OK. There wasn’t any taste in the red velvet part, but the cheesecake part was good. It just wasn’t what I was expecting when I order cheesecake.

Overall, we loved this restaurant and would definitely go back. The old 50’s movie clips and drive in movie decor were really fun.

DD wanted to ride the Great Movie Ride so we hopped on it. For once we got the cowboy scene and I was really excited until I saw which actress was the Cowboy. She was really lame and we couldn’t understand a word she said, so it was a disappointment. Our main tour guide actress was very good though and we could hear her well. It was almost three by this time so we decided to head back and get a swim in and then rest a little before dinner.

Some photos on the tram on our way back to the car.

DS and his silly Dale hat. (Chip has a dark nose, like a chocolate chip, that’s how we remember it)

DD and her baby Dalmation and Bolt that she bought with her money.

DH and DD

We headed back to the resort to swim. The kids were very excited about trying out the water slide, so we suited up and hit the pool. I didn’t take the camera, so no photos. The pool was very busy, but we were able to find an empty lounger to put our towels and the kids got in line for the water slide. They LOVED the water slide and so did everyone else. It was a hot sunny day and the water felt good after being in the park all day.

On a side note, I wore a pedometer and it said that I walked 6858 steps which equates to 3.3 miles.

The CM’s started a beach ball game. They had this huge beach ball and we had to keep it in the air. She said that the current record was about 60 hits to keep it in the air. After several tries, the crowd really got into it and we were able to keep it in the air for over 100 hits. It was fun. They also started a ballon game. Everyone had a partner and they tossed a water balloon back and forth until only one team was left. Those that participated had a lot of fun. We just enjoyed watching. At about 4:30 PM, DH quickly drove me back to the villa so I could take a shower. He then went back to watch the kids and let them slide and swim for a little while longer.
I enjoyed a quiet shower and I wrote in my journal with Stacey on in the background. After about an hour, DH came back with the kids. We rested for a while and we got them all cleaned up for dinner.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #36
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your TR!! OKW looks so relaxiing - I think we need to break away from BWV and try another resort next trip. We have rented points the last 3 trips and have learned this saves SO much $$ (I even calculated our last trip saved us over $600 even when Disney was offering free DDP plus we got a boardwalk view). I don't think we will ever go to WDW w/o renting points (unless we could get a huge discount of at least 40% and free DDP and stay at Coronado Springs or another Mod resort). We got so spoiled at BWV!

I have only been to TSM once back in Feb 2008 and on the next 2 trips, I couldn't find it! I end up heading back to Animation Courtyard area and turn towards the left but end up at a dead end! On a map it looks easy to find but when I get there, I get all turned around!

Your kids are so adorable with their hats - makes me wish I were a kid again

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #37
jamiesmom07
Mouseketeer

So glad to hear you had a great lunch at Sci Fi, we have an adr there in November, new for us. Can't wait!
Nov.25-Dec.3 2011 - POFQ
April 2010 - POR
April 2003 - All Star Movies
Old 06-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #38
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Really enjoying your TR!! OKW looks so relaxiing - I think we need to break away from BWV and try another resort next trip. We have rented points the last 3 trips and have learned this saves SO much $$ (I even calculated our last trip saved us over $600 even when Disney was offering free DDP plus we got a boardwalk view). I don't think we will ever go to WDW w/o renting points (unless we could get a huge discount of at least 40% and free DDP and stay at Coronado Springs or another Mod resort). We got so spoiled at BWV!

I have only been to TSM once back in Feb 2008 and on the next 2 trips, I couldn't find it! I end up heading back to Animation Courtyard area and turn towards the left but end up at a dead end! On a map it looks easy to find but when I get there, I get all turned around!

Your kids are so adorable with their hats - makes me wish I were a kid again
OKW was very relaxing and quiet. BUT ... we had a car. I would say that if you don't have a car and your villa is a good ways away from the Main pool and the food places, you will have to take the bus back and forth because it is really spread out. So, something to think about. We loved it, though.

I would LOVE to stay at Boardwalk or any of the Epcot resorts !!! Maybe .... someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesmom07 View Post
So glad to hear you had a great lunch at Sci Fi, we have an adr there in November, new for us. Can't wait!
Bring a little flashlight with you so you can read the menu. It was very dark in there. Seriously, my research of the menu on Allears.net saved us as we couldn't see it very well at all. We had some awesome ADR's. More food photos coming !!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #39
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Two - Part Five

Our dinner ADR was at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge at 7:20 PM. I was very excited about this ADR because this is just the kind of food that DH likes.

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge on my birthday trip back in January and it is an amazing resort. We loved staying there.

Security gate

Approaching the Lodge

The other side as we are approaching from the parking lot

Inside – pictures don’t really do it justice – especially my bad photography.

I checked us in at the podium.

They gave me a buzzer and told me it would work anywhere in the lobby.

I took a couple more photos

And got some pins from their pin kiosk

DD wanted this one.

Last edited by jecskc; 06-29-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #40
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Two - Part Five (con't)

Just then, our buzzer went off. We went to the podium. This restaurant is very loud, but we were seated in a quieter section. Next to us there was a table of ladies that were staying at Wilderness on DVC points, so we asked them a bunch of questions about DVC. They were so nice and we really enjoyed our talk with them. DH really got into the discussion about DVC which got me really excited.
Our server’s name was Bob, but his nickname was Geppetto. You can see why

He was very sassy and fun.

I had another Magical Star Cocktail to start

DH had another margarita

It was huge and DH had a little trouble finishing it. But he did.

DD got a Chocolate shake

And DS just got a coke.

DD wanted chicken nuggets, but they weren’t on the menu. Geppetto heard us discussing this and he told us he could get her some nuggets if that is what she wanted. This made me very happy. DH, DS and I decided on the skillet. Smoked Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork, Oven-roasted Chicken, Beef Brisket, Mashed Potatoes, Cowboy Beans, and Corn on the Cob Mixed Greens Salad with Apple Vinaigrette, Coleslaw, and Fresh-baked Cornbread
First they brought out cornbread

It was as yummy as everyone says it is.

And then some salad

Very good.

And then the skillet

DH was in heaven. He loves this kind of food.…. It was all good.
We ate as much as we could, but the three of us barely put a dent in that skillet.

And since we were on the dining plan we still had dessert coming.

DD had her chocolate shake so she was good. DH was stuffed so he ordered something light

No Sugar Added Seasonal Berry Dome

He loves berries and he really enjoyed this.

DS ordered the chocolate cake

We all had a bite. It was VERY good. He was too full to finish it though.

Me ?? I’m a chocolate girl. Since DS had already ordered the Chocolate cake, I ordered the S’mores Cheesecake

This was the best dessert of the whole trip. Or at least a solid tie with the one I had at California Grill. DD tried a bite and went crazy over it. Even though we were all stuffed, there wasn’t a bite of that cheesecake left. Super yummy !!

We all enjoyed this restaurant immensely and will definitely be back !!

A couple more photos

Rubbing Humphrey’s nose for good luck.

We had planned to go out to the dock and maybe catch the Electrical Water Parade and maybe Wishes as well, but DH was practically in a food coma and the radar looked really bad. So we hurried to the car to get ahead of the storm. Then back to resort where DH succumbed to his food coma and went right to sleep snoring VERY loudly. I read a book. I had finished my other one on the way down so the new Smut du jour was

My back was killing me so I took a painkiller and after a while it worked it sweet magic and I put in my ear plugs and went to sleep. I was so thankful for those ear plugs. DH’s snoring has gotten so bad. Especially in his food induced coma. At home, when he gets too loud, I make him sleep in the guest room. Since we didn’t have that option at OKW, I was very glad to have my ear plugs with me.

Last edited by jecskc; 06-29-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #41
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Three - Part One - Sunday, June 19, Father's Day

This was an Epcot Day. Since Epcot is such a big park, we always get so tired on an Epcot day. So this trip, we decided to do Future World one day and World Showcase another day so we wouldn’t be so tired.
So we got up, had breakfast at our villa, packed up the back pack and headed to the park. We made rope drop again !! YAY !!

DH headed to Soarin’ to get FP’s while the kids and I checked out the gift shop to get something for DH. DS got him this:

DD got him this:

She thought this was a pen that you could write with. But as you can see, it is a wine stopper. We have used it quite a bit and we love it. We sent these to the front of the park so we could pick them up at the end of our day.

After that, the kids and I went to the pin station to get this beauty

You can see that Mickey has a tie ... pretty cute.

After that, we hung around this area until DH got back with Soarin’ FP’s

You see how empty the park was ??? Rope drop people !! Do it !! Even if you are a few minutes late, you can still get a bunch done when you get there early.

When DH got back with Soarin’ FP’s he proclaimed that the whole experience was just crazy.

Next up was Test Track …..baby !!!

It was basically a walk-on. 10 minutes tops. See ?? It pays to get there at rope drop !!

Next up was Mission Space – GREEN. Orange is not for me. Umno. The stomach does not like spinny rides. Wait was about another 10 min or so. The kids played in the playground right outside the ride and DS sent some e-mails home.

After that, it was time for us to get another FP. FP’s for Test Track again.
Then we were ready for Soarin’

This is my FAVORITE ride at Disney. I love everything about it. The sights, the smells and the music. I always insist on front row. This time we asked for front row seats and this CM was telling us we had to wait when I could see that there were five spots available. I was like “ummmm …OK, we will wait”. He makes us wait while he loads all of the other rows. There are still only two people in the front row. I kinda raise my eyebrows and him and he sighs and says … step into row one. I so didn’t get his attitude. From then on, he was known at the Soarin’ Nazi. Once we got seated, he snapped at me to put DD’s strap through her legs when she was clearly higher than the red mark. I muttered that he was the Soarin’ Nazi and I know that he heard me. It was funny. Cheer up, dude, you work at Disney in the best ride EVER !!

The ride was awesome as always.

You know those Glade plug-ins ?? I think Disney should sell those with all of the Soarin’ smells. Seriously, they would make millions. I’m just sayin’ …..….

Last edited by jecskc; 07-07-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #42
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Three - Part Two

Up next, Living with the Land

Loved it … as usual. Several hidden Mickey’s on this ride. I’ll get pics of those next time !!

Time for lunch. We ate at Sunshine Seasons. Well, most of us anyway.
DH and I split the Rotisserie Chicken, rice and bean salad

DS got some Chicken Legs, mashed potatoes and bean salad

DD refused to eat here since she is so picky and I didn’t want to waste a credit on something I KNEW she wouldn’t eat.

DS got a cinnamon bun for dessert

I got DH and I Strawberry Shortcake for dessert.

This meal was just OK. It filled us up and tasted pretty good, but didn’t blow us away. But not bad either. Just a regular lunch. Next time we will try something in World Showcase for lunch, I think.

I took DD over to the Electric Umbrella to get something she would eat.

It was packed !! And it took FOREVER !! But we finally got her fed and went back towards the Land. I had noticed that a couple of pairs of her shoes were too small for her on this trip so we stopped on the way back to the Land and got her some new Crocs

She liked them, but they gave her blisters and in the end she had to wear socks with them so she could get through the days ahead.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-01-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:41 PM   #43
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

I am loving this TR! You crack me up!

Can't wait for more!

P.S. I would sooo sign a petition for Soarin' plug-ins! Brilliant.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 06-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #44
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
I am loving this TR! You crack me up!

Can't wait for more!

P.S. I would sooo sign a petition for Soarin' plug-ins! Brilliant.
I love your TR's too !!! Thanks for stopping by !! I'm surprised that Disney hasn't thought of the air freshener idea already. It seems strange that they would pass up an opportunity to make a bunch of money.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #45
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Three - Part Three

Next up, some pin trading

And the Nemo ride

We talked DD out of seeing Turtle Talk so we could get finished and get back to swim.

We Headed to Figment

Tronorail !!!

Next up was Club cool. The kids love this place.

Our drinking team has a Disney problem .....

DD likes the watermelon one the best. I think it comes from China.

I wanted this shirt !!

Then it was time to use our FP’s for Test Track.

After that, Spaceship Earth.

Tronorail !!! (kind alike … squirrel …LOL)

We got some Photopass Pictures (which I will insert when they come in the mail. I DID pre-pay for it saving $50).

We picked up DH’s Father’s Day gifts and the kids HAD to show him right then. He loved them both.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-01-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: