Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #286
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

Here is your shameless bump to page one

I loved your dining report - and I am so glad I finally glanced down at your signature and found your TR. And I knew I liked you. But - your smut du jour - well that sealed the deal! Love me some SEP and Lisa Kleypas. Love, love, love my smutty books!

Let's see -- what else (I was distracted by the smut!)

1. Congrats on the DVC. We are going at Thanksgiving, too - we'll have to do a DIS meet!

2. You so need to do an adult trip! I am going with two girlfriends in TWENTY days - and I cannot wait! I just can't imagine being there without anyone asking anything of me!

3. Yes. You need to spend more time in the WS. I am really lucky that it's a favorite for my girls. Mostly because they like to eat...and we HAVE to eat around the world. There are many times we've left Epcot and not used all our fastpasses in future world because we were too busy in the WS to make out way back there in time.
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Old 08-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #287
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
Here is your shameless bump to page one

I loved your dining report - and I am so glad I finally glanced down at your signature and found your TR. And I knew I liked you. But - your smut du jour - well that sealed the deal! Love me some SEP and Lisa Kleypas. Love, love, love my smutty books!

Let's see -- what else (I was distracted by the smut!)

1. Congrats on the DVC. We are going at Thanksgiving, too - we'll have to do a DIS meet!

2. You so need to do an adult trip! I am going with two girlfriends in TWENTY days - and I cannot wait! I just can't imagine being there without anyone asking anything of me!

3. Yes. You need to spend more time in the WS. I am really lucky that it's a favorite for my girls. Mostly because they like to eat...and we HAVE to eat around the world. There are many times we've left Epcot and not used all our fastpasses in future world because we were too busy in the WS to make out way back there in time.
Oh girl ..... I love me some smut. But seriously, these are good writers and they have good characters with good stories. I also love Sandra Brown and Nora Roberts. But right now I'm reading The Help by Kathryn Stockwell and it is sooo good !! I read a book a week. I used to read more ... about two or three a week, but I have kids and a job and a husband, so I stay busy and get interrupted a lot.

I really feel like reading a few chapters before I go to sleep helps me "empty my head". I kinda get "monkey brain" sometimes. You know ... where you just can't turn off your brain to get some sleep ?? So reading helps me get calmed down and just turning off the daily thoughts so I can sleep. Oh, and I just finished The Confession by John Grisham. I love me some books, now. Do you have a Kindle or a Nook ?? I've been wondering if I might like one of those. But I just love the FEEL of a real book and a book mark. I dunno. Oh, and I love me some classics, too. Jane Austen especially, Bronte and Alexander Dumas. There are more, but I am a total bookworm. I could talk about it all day. I'll read anything ....

DVC - VERY exciting for us. And I would soo love a dismeet. Let us know your plans and we can meet up for a drink or something !! I have always wanted to go the "The Cave" (aka, tequila bar in Mexico pavilion) and have some margaritas.

Adults only. I would sooo love it. Some day, this will happen. Because ...we DO have DVC. Like for the next 50 years or so. But right now, the kids are a great age for travel and Disney. They are so good and fun. I wish I could stop time, because this is a very content and happy time for me. I feel so lucky !!

More time in the World Showcase. This will happen. We have Food and Wine coming up and in November we are staying at the Boardwalk, so within walking distance to just stroll over and take in the WS.

Thanks so much for reading and taking the time to say hello. I hope to meet you in November !!

Susan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #288
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Oh girl ..... I love me some smut. But seriously, these are good writers and they have good characters with good stories. I also love Sandra Brown and Nora Roberts. But right now I'm reading The Help by Kathryn Stockwell and it is sooo good !! I read a book a week. I used to read more ... about two or three a week, but I have kids and a job and a husband, so I stay busy and get interrupted a lot.

I really feel like reading a few chapters before I go to sleep helps me "empty my head". I kinda get "monkey brain" sometimes. You know ... where you just can't turn off your brain to get some sleep ?? So reading helps me get calmed down and just turning off the daily thoughts so I can sleep. Oh, and I just finished The Confession by John Grisham. I love me some books, now. Do you have a Kindle or a Nook ?? I've been wondering if I might like one of those. But I just love the FEEL of a real book and a book mark. I dunno. Oh, and I love me some classics, too. Jane Austen especially, Bronte and Alexander Dumas. There are more, but I am a total bookworm. I could talk about it all day. I'll read anything ....

DVC - VERY exciting for us. And I would soo love a dismeet. Let us know your plans and we can meet up for a drink or something !! I have always wanted to go the "The Cave" (aka, tequila bar in Mexico pavilion) and have some margaritas.

Adults only. I would sooo love it. Some day, this will happen. Because ...we DO have DVC. Like for the next 50 years or so. But right now, the kids are a great age for travel and Disney. They are so good and fun. I wish I could stop time, because this is a very content and happy time for me. I feel so lucky !!

More time in the World Showcase. This will happen. We have Food and Wine coming up and in November we are staying at the Boardwalk, so within walking distance to just stroll over and take in the WS.

Thanks so much for reading and taking the time to say hello. I hope to meet you in November !!

Susan
I could talk books all day too! Are you on Goodreads?? I love my smut - and balance that out with young adult books (they are so good. I just finished a great one - pee in your pants funny - "Beauty Queens" by Libba Bray - it's fabulous!) - general fiction - and I am in two book clubs. I probably read 3 or 4 books a week. How are you liking "the Help?" It's a great book. I am going with a bunch of mom friends to see it Wednesday morning while the kiddos are at school. I'll be bringing my homeschooler with me - I think we'll call it an American History field trip

For Thanksgiving - I haven't made reservations yet - but I am hoping to use my travel agent discount and stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's just me and my two girls going - we'll leave my husband home this time. We are just going Thursday the 17th - through Tuesday the 22nd - so we can be back home for the holiday. I already have my plans and my adrs - just not a place to stay yet. Do you know your plans?? We'll have to see where we match up!

I know what you mean about the kids being good ages - I think mine are too at 10 and 13. They still love it - but I bought an annual pass over the summer - and I really am so excited to go with friends!
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Old 08-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #289
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

I was just looking at your tickers - and it's like we are following you ! We went over the summer right after you left. And we'll be at the food and wine festival - right after you. And you don't have a ticker for Thanksgiving! Are you going for the whole week??

Old 08-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #290
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat in GA View Post
I could talk books all day too! Are you on Goodreads?? I love my smut - and balance that out with young adult books (they are so good. I just finished a great one - pee in your pants funny - "Beauty Queens" by Libba Bray - it's fabulous!) - general fiction - and I am in two book clubs. I probably read 3 or 4 books a week. How are you liking "the Help?" It's a great book. I am going with a bunch of mom friends to see it Wednesday morning while the kiddos are at school. I'll be bringing my homeschooler with me - I think we'll call it an American History field trip

For Thanksgiving - I haven't made reservations yet - but I am hoping to use my travel agent discount and stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's just me and my two girls going - we'll leave my husband home this time. We are just going Thursday the 17th - through Tuesday the 22nd - so we can be back home for the holiday. I already have my plans and my adrs - just not a place to stay yet. Do you know your plans?? We'll have to see where we match up!

I know what you mean about the kids being good ages - I think mine are too at 10 and 13. They still love it - but I bought an annual pass over the summer - and I really am so excited to go with friends!
I am not far into the The Help, but what I have read so far is good. I want to get it read before I go see the movie. I will look into "Beauty Queens". we all want to laugh until we pee I wish I could read more. Definitely will when the kids get older. Let me know how you like the movie.

Oh Man !! We are coming in on the 22nd .... late. So it looks like we will miss each other for Thanksgiving. Darn. You haven't booked a place yet ?? Wow, that's brave. I had a hard time just adding a day in Sept. Maybe that week won't be as busy as the week after that, We have an annual pass, too. We renew at the end of September. And our dryer was acting up this AM. I told it that it better not break down because that would be cutting into my Disney budget !!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #291
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

ok gotta stop again, I am loving your TR! I even went over alot of the details with DH the other night. I just finished page 10 and read your BB report. I hate to admit it but being a WDW addict in 9 years and well over 15 trips I've never been to one of the water parks. We always have the intention to go but...... so next trip we planned on going. again. Well after reading your report I am defiantely going to BB, even with the long lines I am sold on it and am stopping reading long enough to flip over to my offical park plan and pick our BB day.

Thanks for your report, it's making my wait for my trip seem a little less long and I love all the pictures.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:53 PM   #292
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member

Quote:
We are back from our beach trip. We had a good time and the weather was completely amazing. Low 80's with a strong cool breeze. I couldn't believe how lucky we got with the weather.

But the whole time we were saying .... this isn't Disney. Do any of y'all do that ?? Compare your other trips to Disney trips and have it fall short ?? Anyway, I will get an update up sometime today.
We do that pretty much anywhere we go that isn't Disney. And I was at MB the same time you were. Small world, we were down for the 2nd time this year this time (even though I HATE the beach) on a mission trip with our church, we took 29 people with us.

ETA: just noticed we will also be at WDW the same time arriving on the same day according to our tickers..........cue the creepy TOT twilight zone music now.

Last edited by PIRATEGIRL007; 08-08-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #293
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATEGIRL007 View Post
ok gotta stop again, I am loving your TR! I even went over alot of the details with DH the other night. I just finished page 10 and read your BB report. I hate to admit it but being a WDW addict in 9 years and well over 15 trips I've never been to one of the water parks. We always have the intention to go but...... so next trip we planned on going. again. Well after reading your report I am defiantely going to BB, even with the long lines I am sold on it and am stopping reading long enough to flip over to my offical park plan and pick our BB day.

Thanks for your report, it's making my wait for my trip seem a little less long and I love all the pictures.
I am so glad you are enjoying my TR. The Disney water parks are AMAZING !! Typhoon Lagoon is my favorite one, but the kids like Blizzard Beach better. And if you go after school starts, the crowds at the parks are much better. You can always go to a park at night and see the parades and fireworks, but we are always too tired.

Quote:
We do that pretty much anywhere we go that isn't Disney. And I was at MB the same time you were. Small world, we were down for the 2nd time this year this time (even though I HATE the beach) on a mission trip with our church, we took 29 people with us.

ETA: just noticed we will also be at WDW the same time arriving on the same day according to our tickers..........cue the creepy TOT twilight zone music now.
Woah !! That IS creepy !! That July weekend at MB, the weather was wonderful. It has been over 100 heat index just about every day this summer and it is really wearing on me. Look for me in September. I will have a lime green Mickey Head attached to my lanyard. Say hello if you see me !! what day are you doing MNSSHP ?? We are going the 27th.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #294
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

All caught up on your TR, and sad to see it is over. Thanks for bringing us along with you! We will be heading down for T'giving time - staying at OKW.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #295
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
All caught up on your TR, and sad to see it is over. Thanks for bringing us along with you! We will be heading down for T'giving time - staying at OKW.
YAY !! Thanks for reading !! I just love OKW !! We are staying at Boardwalk for Thanksgiving and I am very excited about being within walking distance to Epcot !!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #296
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member

So i just finished telling DH about the rest of your TR on our post lunch walk and said I'd really like to do the tour this year based on your review and he says sure. Then we started discussing dates for our next year trips and I said I want a 1 bedroom b/c our kids are getting older and said jokingly we can just buy into DVC like you did. And then I sigh and say no maybe next year (2012-13) we will. And instead of an immediate No he says hmm we can see we might actually be able to swing that since we are going to be done with a large monthly payment we were making to something else right before the trip. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 08-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #297
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So i just finished telling DH about the rest of your TR on our post lunch walk and said I'd really like to do the tour this year based on your review and he says sure. Then we started discussing dates for our next year trips and I said I want a 1 bedroom b/c our kids are getting older and said jokingly we can just buy into DVC like you did. And then I sigh and say no maybe next year (2012-13) we will. And instead of an immediate No he says hmm we can see we might actually be able to swing that since we are going to be done with a large monthly payment we were making to something else right before the trip. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Oh girl .... that is so exciting !! Our DH's will surprise us sometimes. I agree that one bedroom units are much more spacious and make things much more comfortable. Keep me posted. I have my fingers crossed for you !!!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #298
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Do you have a Kindle or a Nook ?? I've been wondering if I might like one of those. But I just love the FEEL of a real book and a book mark.
I got a Nook Color for Christmas, and I really like it. If I had purchased a reader for myself, I would have gotten a Kindle. I haven't tested this yet, but my feeling is that the Nook Color is not going to be "reading in the sun" friendly. My SIL has the original Nook and she can read in the sun no problem. Also Kindle has a better selection of books.

I thought I'd miss that real book feeling, and sometimes I do, but overall, I really haven't. Plus I can go on the internet with my Nook, and the ex found a chip you can put in that allows you to access the Android Market place. It turns your Nook into a tablet-lite. It is pretty cool.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #299
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I got a Nook Color for Christmas, and I really like it. If I had purchased a reader for myself, I would have gotten a Kindle. I haven't tested this yet, but my feeling is that the Nook Color is not going to be "reading in the sun" friendly. My SIL has the original Nook and she can read in the sun no problem. Also Kindle has a better selection of books.

I thought I'd miss that real book feeling, and sometimes I do, but overall, I really haven't. Plus I can go on the internet with my Nook, and the ex found a chip you can put in that allows you to access the Android Market place. It turns your Nook into a tablet-lite. It is pretty cool.
OK .... now I want one ......

Oh and we had to get our AC fixed .....that is cutting into my Disney budget. This summer is NEVER going to end !!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: