Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #136
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Your comments about bathing suit attire reminded me of my old lifeguarding days - I saw lots of interesting ensembles!

I am looking forward to going back to Blizzard Beach once the kids are stronger swimmers, another year or two mostly likely.

Congrats on your DVC purchase!!!!!
Last year when we were at Typhoon Lagoon, a lady from India (red dot on her forehead) had on a camisole and tap pants for her swim suit. DH and I were dumbfounded. And some of the South Americans and Europeans think it is OK if their little girl goes without a top. Different cultures provide different bathing attire for sure. But mostly my comments were about Americans.

Both parks have areas for smaller kids, but I understand that you would want them to be stronger swimmers. We first took DD when when was six and I was stressing a bit sometimes when the slides emptied into deeper water. Lifeguards are everywhere.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #137
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite607 View Post
Oh Lord, please do not get me started on Speedos!! We did not do Disney this year, but instead we did Seaworld, Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens and Aquatica. I saw a few guys in Speedos at Aquatica and My DD10 was appalled! And the sagging pants...... I dont get that fashion trend at all.

And yes, bathing suits! Just because something is made in your size does not mean you should wear it. I had a nice age and weight appopriate suit with a skirt, LOL! But I saw some larger women in bikinis, belly flab and all!! I guess they are way more confident in their body than I am.

Oh and the stairs at those water parks.......I think I was able to do all but one slide with DH and DD. By the afternoon, my legs were worn out and I was not climbing up on anything else that day! LOL!
Word. Speedos are icky.

I don't get the saggy pants either. I saw this dude walking down the street the other day. He was talking on his cell with one had and keeping his pants up with the other. Seriously, do they realize how stupid they look ??

I used to rock a bikini, but now I am aware that a "momma" bathing suit with a skirt is necessary. And I feel more comfortable in it.

Yes. The stairs. They will get you for sure. I paced myself this time, so I wasn't too sore after this day.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #138
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Those stairs up to Teamboat Springs are a killer! When we went to BB last fall, the ski lift was constantly down, so we had to take the stairs. That's when you find out just how out of shape you really are!

I'm not much of water park fan, but we still have 4 options left from our NE tickets from our first trip in 2006 so we go. DD likes BB, I prefer TL as there are more things there I like to do. If they would let me play in the Ski Patrol area, then BB would be my favorite. I really want to ride that zip line thingy.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #139
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Those stairs up to Teamboat Springs are a killer! When we went to BB last fall, the ski lift was constantly down, so we had to take the stairs. That's when you find out just how out of shape you really are!

I'm not much of water park fan, but we still have 4 options left from our NE tickets from our first trip in 2006 so we go. DD likes BB, I prefer TL as there are more things there I like to do. If they would let me play in the Ski Patrol area, then BB would be my favorite. I really want to ride that zip line thingy.
I wanna say that I like Typhoon Lagoon Better, but then I waiver back to Blizzard Beach. Both of them have their pros and cons. I am not a huge water park fan either, but the kids like them, so we go. Water parks will take it out of you that is for sure. I was pretty tired after that day. And I needed a good bit of chemical help to get my back to stop barking at me so I could go to sleep.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #140
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Seriously LOL about your list of things at the water parks, I couldn't agree more - speedos, ill fitting suits, everything!

Sometimes it just seems things don't go your way, lines, slow cast members, etc., but you just have to make the best of it and it seems you did! I love the PP pictures you have - I haven't ever really taken advantage of this service, but the pictures are really wonderful!

I thought since you shared a picture of you cute (and naughty) dog, I would share..Newman, very good, most of the time!

Did you get your paper work in???? Just checkin!

Have a great weekend!
Erin
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Old 07-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #141
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Seriously LOL about your list of things at the water parks, I couldn't agree more - speedos, ill fitting suits, everything!

Sometimes it just seems things don't go your way, lines, slow cast members, etc., but you just have to make the best of it and it seems you did! I love the PP pictures you have - I haven't ever really taken advantage of this service, but the pictures are really wonderful!

I thought since you shared a picture of you cute (and naughty) dog, I would share..Newman, very good, most of the time!

Did you get your paper work in???? Just checkin!

Have a great weekend!
Erin
You should try Photopass. And if you do, make sure you take advantage of the pre-pay which saves you $50.

Awww. Look how cute he is !! I can see him being a more laid back and less mischievous version of our bad dog. Seriously, I just fished a colored pencil out of her mouth. Well, all of the little tiny pieces of it. Thanks for sharing !!

I DID get my paperwork in and I've called back about five times to make sure she got it, but ... no answer. So I hope everything is in order.

I hope you have a good weekend, too !!

Susan
Old 07-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #142
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day Six - Part Three

After our day at Blizzard Beach, it was back to the resort to clean up and get ready for dinner.

This was a really pretty view and I tried to capture it ….. but failed miserably.

Once we got into our villa, I couldn’t get to my painkillers fast enough. Oof !! We all took a shower and DD went for a “swim” in the tub. She saw herself in the faucet and proclaimed “My hair is GREEN !!!” And it was a little bit. I am sure all of the blondes out there know that this can happen if you swim too much. When I was on swim team one year I had green hair for months afterward. I think the chemicals are better these days and they have better products to get the green out. I shampooed it an extra time and it looked better once it was dry. We relaxed a while, watched tennis and I rotated my laundry crop.

We had 5:15 reservations for

At this dinner, we would use the last of our table service credits.

We sat down and I immediately ordered a Celtic Cocktail

Where upon it mixed nicely with my Vicodin. Ah yes. I did decline a refill when he asked me if I wanted one. I did want to be able to walk back to the car.

DH got the beer flight

Here he is double fisting it.

The kids got cokes.

Our waiter, Joe, was super nice and talkative. He brought us some soda bread.

This bread was just strange. It had a sweet taste and it was really thick and heavy. I wasn’t sure what to think of it. We didn’t eat much of it.

We thought we only had 3 TS credits left, so DH and I were going to split something. So we ordered the calamari for an appetizer.

They fried everything on their menu in a tempura type of batter. Which is OK. But not my favorite. The calamari was good and the dip they had for it was good, too. The fried veggies ?? Not so much. Just not my thing. I mean, I love veggies. Just not fried veggies.

So when we were ready to order our entrees, Joe came back and let us know that we actually had four TS credits left . So I quickly ordered the Salmon.

But if I had known that we had four credits, I would not have ordered that appetizer.

DH got the Short Ribs

And another beer.

I really enjoyed my dish and DH enjoyed his as well. Good food.

DS ordered a burger and onions rings.

He said it was good and he ate all of his onion rings. But ate about 2/3 of the burger.

And DD ordered the chicken strips and fries.

Not a crumb left. She loved it.

These windows were very pretty. It is hard to see in this picture, but it had
XOXOX in it.

Then the band and the dancers came out.

They were really fun to watch.

For dessert, DS and I ordered the Dunbrody’s Kiss

It was really good, but I couldn’t eat it all. Neither could DS. So we got them to go.

DD ordered two scoops of chocolate ice cream, with chocolate syrup on the side.

She ate two bites and that was it. I think she was full and not that it tasted bad at all.

DH got the Dundon’s Delight

Which he really enjoyed.

We would definitely eat here again. The food was really good and the dancers were really cool. And the service was excellent.

After dinner we went over to World of Disney to get some new lanyards. Our 99 cent ones just weren’t cutting it. I needed one that was a bit longer. DH wanted one, too.

Here’s mine

Here’s DH’s

And some pins that DD talked me into.

You see how hazy and blurry the pictures are ?? LOL. I think that was how I was seeing everything that night after the pain meds I took. But they worked and that is all that mattered.

Last edited by jecskc; 07-08-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #144
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Not like fried veggies?!? I love me some fried veggies. There's a restaurant here that makes these amazing asparagus fries that would absolutely change your mind about fried veggies.

Anyway. Glad you liked Raglan Road. We haven't tried it yet. Irish, like German food, is a bit on the heavy side to me. However that salmon looked delish and light. Might have to give this place a try. DD would love the dancers.

I really like that lanyard your DH got. (Yours is lovely as well.) My current one is giving me fits. It is time to put the non-tradeable pins on it for display, and get another for wearing about the parks. BTW..did you pick up the passholder 40th pin set?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We definitely need to HDDR. Maybe we can do it in October with you guys the night you get in. I would love to do that !!!!
So some "devistating" news today. I found out today that Taylor Swift has rescheduled the shows she cancelled in ATL for OCT 1st and 2nd!!! Oh the humanity!! I just KNEW that would happen. Our tickets would be for the Oct. 2nd show, and you know what Oct. 1st is. When I told DD she said, "I guess we'll be selling the tickets, huh?" She said it so matter-of-factly without a hint of disappointment that I think she actually would prefer to miss the concert to to go to Disney. I just can't imagine missing the 40th celebration. Sigh...much to figure out now.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #145
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Not like fried veggies?!? I love me some fried veggies. There's a restaurant here that makes these amazing asparagus fries that would absolutely change your mind about fried veggies.

Anyway. Glad you liked Raglan Road. We haven't tried it yet. Irish, like German food, is a bit on the heavy side to me. However that salmon looked delish and light. Might have to give this place a try. DD would love the dancers.

I really like that lanyard your DH got. (Yours is lovely as well.) My current one is giving me fits. It is time to put the non-tradeable pins on it for display, and get another for wearing about the parks. BTW..did you pick up the passholder 40th pin set?

So some "devistating" news today. I found out today that Taylor Swift has rescheduled the shows she cancelled in ATL for OCT 1st and 2nd!!! Oh the humanity!! I just KNEW that would happen. Our tickets would be for the Oct. 2nd show, and you know what Oct. 1st is. When I told DD she said, "I guess we'll be selling the tickets, huh?" She said it so matter-of-factly without a hint of disappointment that I think she actually would prefer to miss the concert to to go to Disney. I just can't imagine missing the 40th celebration. Sigh...much to figure out now.
I've had zucchini fries, now !! I love those !! But the fried veggies at Raglan Road were green beans, carrots and broccoli. Which were just weird fried.

We loved Raglan Road. The food is kinda heavy, I guess. The Salmon was very good. Flavored very well and maybe not as heavy as DH's short ribs.
The dancers were cool and so fun to watch.

I got the 40th pin, but not the set. I figured that I still had time .... I could get it on the September/October trip.

I saw that Taylor Swift was cancelled on your facebook status. Bummer that it was rescheduled for Oct 2 !! Too bad she got sick.

It is kinda funny that your DD just naturally assumed that there was no way you were cancelling or even postponing your trip to see the concert. I plan to be right with you at Magic Kingdom that day. Gonna be a great day !! See ?? Even I don't think you will keep the tickets
Old 07-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #146
janecat
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

We are heading to OKW in 18 days!!! Thanks for your pictures of the resort! I absolutely cannot wait to get to Disney. This is the first time staying on site for our family, so I have been wondering what to expect, but your pictures have set my mind at ease. Thanks again!

Last edited by janecat; 07-08-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: wrong date
Old 07-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #147
mimiecp
I already have ears.

YAY on the DVC! I'm so happy for you and your family. I also checked out Dave's Rental site and am thinking about that for our next trip after September.

I enjoyed the pics of Raglan Road. I had an ADR there for Sept, but read it was loud and my mom was concerned about that. Was is loud when the dancers come out?

Um, I am going to REALLY show how little I know about Disney...what is happening on Oct 1? I know about the 40th anniversary, but is there something special happening on the 1st? Please don't kick me off the trip report for not knowing...
Had a magical trip with my kids and parents
Old 07-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #148
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janecat View Post
We are heading to OKW in 18 days!!! Thanks for your pictures of the resort! I absolutely cannot wait to get to Disney. This is the first time staying on site for our family, so I have been wondering what to expect, but your pictures have set my mind at ease. Thanks again!
You are absolutely going to LOVE it !! It is a fantastic resort and it has everything that you will need for optimum Disney fun !! We just LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it !! I just know that you will have a wonderful trip !! We have stayed off site and on site. And I will say that you can't beat the economy that off site provides, but the magic and feeling that you get from staying on-site is addicting !!

Let me know your details. How long are you staying ?? Do you have the dining plan ?? Do you have a Studio ?? One Bedroom ?? Kids ?? I wanna hear all about it. And PLEASE, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask !!!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #149
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiecp View Post
YAY on the DVC! I'm so happy for you and your family. I also checked out Dave's Rental site and am thinking about that for our next trip after September.

I enjoyed the pics of Raglan Road. I had an ADR there for Sept, but read it was loud and my mom was concerned about that. Was is loud when the dancers come out?

Um, I am going to REALLY show how little I know about Disney...what is happening on Oct 1? I know about the 40th anniversary, but is there something special happening on the 1st? Please don't kick me off the trip report for not knowing...
Hey Erin !!

We are Sooo excited about DVC !! You need to rent points. It is the best way to stay deluxe for sure!!

We loved Raglan Road and It was not too loud at all. BUT, we went EARLY. Our ADR was for 5:15 and we were done with dinner about 7:00 PM. So I can't really say how loud it might be later on in the evening. We really liked it !! And even though my pictures completely stunk, the dancers were so cool.

Disney World opened for the first time October 1, 1971. All that was there at the time was the Magic Kingdom. So, the 40th Anniversary of the park opening is this coming October 1st. And my family and one my VERY dearest and bestest friends from Middle and High school will be there at the same time with her daughter, so we plan to spend some time together at MAgic Kingdom that day. Oh, and it is completely her fault that I am addicted to Disney now But I love it, since it is a special thing that we can share

You need to get on Netflix and watch some of the Disney documentaries. So much fun Disney stuff out there to watch and read while we are waiting for our next trip.

What are your dates for your September trip ??

Susan

Last edited by jecskc; 07-08-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #150
mimiecp
I already have ears.

We would definitely be eating early too, so it sounds like Raglan Road would be okay.

Thanks for the heads up that Oct. 1 is the exact anniversary. I think it's great that you have a lifelong friend to share it with! I am still very close to several of my best friends growing up and I cherish their friendship so much. Unfortunately, I am the only one of us who loves Disney, but we have started an annual trip to New Orleans (without kids), which could sort of be described as a Disney for adults.

We are going September 24 until October 1. My parents are going September 23 until September 30 because of their flights. We were going to head home on the 1st, but now I am thinking of staying another day just to be in the Magic Kingdom. We're driving so we could do it...even if we stayed off site Saturday night.

I've been watching some of the Disney programs on Netflix. I love Netflix through the Wii. I think I'll go and watch another one now. Have a great night!
Had a magical trip with my kids and parents

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: