Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
ginadv
Mouseketeer

Does Space Mountain have a single-rider line? (And other related questions!)

We're headed to MK on Sunday, July 3rd for an early CP ADR. I am going to high tail it to the Rapunzel line asap and DH will deliver the girls to me at a more child-friendly pace. DH will then head to get Splash FPs and meet us in Tomorrowland for Buzz after (hopefully!) the Rapunzel meet.

That's the background. So here are my questions. Initially I'd planned on DH getting Space FPs first thing in the morning, but none of my girls want to ride it. They'd much rather ride Splash and I'd rather get those FPs as early in the day as possible.

If DH gets the Splash FPs, can he then go straight to Space and ride single-rider so that he can be done around the time we're finished with Rapunzel and meet us at Buzz?

Otherwise, if he gets Space FPs right at RD, approximately what time will our FP window open for our next FPs? Could it be as early as 10 am? And if so, if we get Splash FPs at 10 am, how likely is it that the return time will be by noon?

Sorry to be so long-winded!

TIA for the help!

July 4th week 2011 Fort Wilderness Cabins, President's week 2012 trip at the Cabins, August 24-30, 2012 Free Dining for our first Pop visit!
August 22-30, 2013 Thank Goodness for Free Dining!

ginadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

No single rider at space. Only TT, EE and RNR

If you get your Space Mtn FP first thing at RD, your return will be around 9:45, giving you a good chance of having a splash return time before noon

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #3
whacked
DIS Veteran

do keep your ears open...

While in line for many of the rides, cast members will often ask for parties of one or two as you get close to the loading area. This can save a few minutes.

Just get to the parks early!

whacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
whacked
DIS Veteran

Do keep your ears open...

@#$% double post.

I will also add that if you are in the park in the am during EMH, SM is open and splash is not. If Splash is not open the FP machines will be covered and you probably can't get to Adventure Land anyway.

Just get to the parks early!

whacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
ginadv
Mouseketeer

And how long will the SB line at Space be if he goes to Splash at RD and then heads right back to Space? Ballpark, I mean.

July 4th week 2011 Fort Wilderness Cabins, President's week 2012 trip at the Cabins, August 24-30, 2012 Free Dining for our first Pop visit!

Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
If Splash is not open the FP machines will be covered and you probably can't get to Adventure Land anyway.
Which is just as well... because Splash Mtn. is not in Adventureland.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #7
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Keep in mind that Splash Mtn. (and Big Thunder) do not usually need FP in the mornings.

They are quite often (nearly always) "walk-ons" for the first 1-3 hours after MK opens.

We have often just ridden them over-and-over without more than a few minutes wait in-between.

It can often be the case that they won't open the FP machines for Splash and/or Big Thunder until these attractions get busier as the day progresses.

Space Mtn., on the other hand, usually begins the day relatively busy...
and picks up even more rider-load as the day goes on.
A FP or two for Space Mtn. can come in handy, even earlier in the day.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:27 AM   #8
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Keep in mind that Splash Mtn. (and Big Thunder) do not usually need FP in the mornings.They are quite often (nearly always) "walk-ons" for the first 1-3 hours after MK opens.Space Mtn., on the other hand, usually begins the day relatively busy...
and picks up even more rider-load as the day goes on.
A FP or two for Space Mtn. can come in handy, even earlier in the day.
Good to know! We usually do the Dumbo dash and fantasyland whirl at RD, but was considering running out to get a FP somewhere first. Sounds like Space Mtn. would be the better place to go first... Dh can endure the teacups this year while I FP run!
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:48 AM   #9
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginadv View Post
We're headed to MK on Sunday, July 3rd for an early CP ADR. I am going to high tail it to the Rapunzel line asap and DH will deliver the girls to me at a more child-friendly pace. DH will then head to get Splash FPs and meet us in Tomorrowland for Buzz after (hopefully!) the Rapunzel meet.
You might want to brace yourself for a little confrontation by other parents who made their children come with them to wait in line. Hopefully everyone there will be cool with the late-child delivery, but there have been posts here on the dis about nasty comments/situations where others consider this line cutting.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #10
ginadv
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tips! So I guess we'll get the Space FPs first and then hopefully be able to get the Splash FPs by 9:45.

Not going to worry about the Rapunzel thing. It's my understanding that the CMs ask you how many in your group when they go through the line. My kids will get there only a few minutes after I do; I'm just not going to drag them at my pace in order to get there for that first m&g. I think many do it this way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: