Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #121
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Hey Joni! I finally made it over and I'm all caught up with your updates. I LOVE the TR so far - it is so much fun to read and I feel like I'm right there with you!

I love stopping at Cracker Barrel on the way to Florida. When I would go on vacation with my grandparents (and even now when we drive down with them) we always stop there.

Ok, what kind of restaurant doesn't serve sodas? Being a non-orange juice drinker, I would have had a really hard time! I can't do without my diet coke!

I'm interested to hear what was making you sad - I hope it's nothing too bad!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #122
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Great morning at Harry Potter..minus the Diet Coke! I was right on your celebrities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brother was working that day and said they came through Forbidden Journey a few times and were in the break room talking with the other team members..talk about a day being on cloud nine!!!

Your breakfast looked yummy!
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #123
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Yeah! Another Joni trip report! I can't belive I missed the fact that you had a trip planned for this summer while reading your last report. As always you report is making me LOL

The pack mule story cracked me up. When we stayed at the BWV in March my parents picked my daugher up the Wednesday before we arrived on Friday when she was released from her college lacrosse spring break travel trip in West Palm. They took her to their house in Naples for two days, and then brought her to us in Orlando where they all stayed with us for the first two days of our trip. My dad is cheap about tipping and did not want to pay a bellhop to take all their crap in the car to our room. Once they opened the trunk, and I saw all the junk, I said I would tip the bellhop as I was not a pack mule! I ended up tipping their bellhop as well as our ME person.

I am also loving all the HP references. Yes, I am a HP nerd too. Can't wait to hear what you thought of RP. We are staying there in December to get FOL and early entry before we move over to VWL.

Can't wait to hear more and gald your eye is better.

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Old 07-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #124
feyrerm
Earning My Ears

Loving the TR. Cant wait for the next update!

PTR for August 2011 stay at PORS
Old 07-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #125
amazingact21
Upendi

Coming over from your PTR! I love your updates so far! I think it's very cool that you were able to catch the twins filming a commercial.
I know it's still far off, but I can't wait to see how John reacted to AKL!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 07-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #126
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I just found your trip report today and am loving it! I can't wait to hear more!

I also can't believe that you got to see Fred and George! That is so cool!
Old 07-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #127
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Life Update!

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading along on my TR! I'm so sorry I haven't posted an update lately! John and I have been very busy. We are currently in the process of buying a house () and getting ready for John to deploy (). I hope I haven't lost any of my readers! I promise I will be back tomorrow to reply to everyone's comments and post the next update. You're gonna want to read this one, because there's a little bit of a surprise coming up!

Just to tide you over until I post more random and crazy trip pictures, here's our new house!

Okay, see y'all tomorrow with a great update, I promise!

Old 07-10-2011, 01:00 AM   #128
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Girl, you are hilarious! I don't read many TRs and usually just lurk, but this I'm subbing to.

I'm from GA, and live in the coouuntryy! When I was younger I had an accent so thick I practically needed a translator. Not sure what happened to it. I just sort of lost it over time. It pops out real quick when I'm around someone else with an accent though.

While I live in GA now, I grew up in SC..Columbia to be exact. I saw the Cracker Barrel photo and knew which one ya'll visited. LOL! And the Palmetto trees..loved the photos. Don't see them around here.

For us the halfway point is in GA. Seems wrong to be halfway to WDW and still be in your home state. I totally get what you are saying about hitting the FL border though. You just want to be there, and like you it is still 3 hrs. ahead of us. Of course at that point I feel like I'm making progress because I'm no longer in GA. For all the folks that responded about traveling from MS and AL. I really feel for ya'll. My sister lived in Ocala for a short while. One time we travelled with our kids from her house to visit our mom who lives in SW Miss. Holy cow! I thought we'd never get out of FL.

I was practically rolling in the floor at your description of Butterbeer. That was hilarious. Elton John singing you a song he wrote about the first time you had Butterbeer. LOL!!! I'm one of the few people in the universe who isn't in to Harry Potter at all. I do like reading people's reports of the WWoHP though. It seems like a neat place to visit just from a themeing perspective. Maybe I'll get around to visiting it one day.

Well I'm in for the long haul. Can't wait to read more!
Old 07-10-2011, 03:44 AM   #129
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Your new house is so pretty!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 07-10-2011, 08:23 AM   #130
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

I'm still here. Love your new house! (: Very pretty.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #131
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I'm still here!

Love the new house - what a great buy!

That's sad about John having to leave again - enjoy spending some quality time with him before he goes.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:40 AM   #132
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Oh I am def sticking around for this one

Old 07-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #133
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Joni, the new house is beautiful! I know it's not trip related, but I hope you will post some more pictures of it! I love home pictures! Congrats to you and John! I'm so sorry he'll he deploying soon, but at least you've got a new project to occupy your mind and your time while he's away.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #134
heathsf
DIS Veteran

You are so entertaining! I'm in and can't wait for more!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #135
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Your new house is beautiful!!! Can't wait for the next update!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: