Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #76
stephielela
DIS Veteran

The hotel looks beautiful! I had to laugh when you sped past the security checkpoint. Totally something I would do!

I wonder why you are feeling depressed? Could it be that you are betraying Mickey and cheating with Harry Potter?

Ooooh celebrities?! Can't wait to find out who!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #77
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh my god, minibars are just terrible aren't they? I can't believe they charge so much for things. It's crazy.

The hotel looks very pretty. i've seen lots of pictures of it, but haven't actually be there before.

Your DH sounds just like my dad. He always wanted to take the route to have us lug everything rather than just paying someone to help us out. You definitely feel like a pack mule.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #78
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Really enjoying your report. Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #79
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I'm here!! I didn't know you started a new one but Kristen told me! I finally had time to catch up!

I really want that burger... it looks delicious! haha YUM

I'm excited for you guys to get back to Disney! YAY I love reading about your adventures
Old 06-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #80
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

WOW! The resort is beautiful!!!

I've never really gotten into the whole Universal thing, because I just can't be in Orlando and not be in Disney, but that resort is starting to change my mind! It's gorgeous!

Love the room! The modern decor is really pretty.

Oh the mini bar...love the pic! You guys are too cute!

SEVEN DOLLARS?!?!? For WATER?? I mean, I know it's Fiji water, but still! I can buy two cases for almost that much at Wegmans!!!

I love the silent married conversation...I can totally picture that.

for saving 5 bucks!

That pool looks SO FUN! OMG it's so tropical and gorgeous! If I ever am talked into going to Universal for more than just a day, RPR is where I want to stay.

HAHAHA "Ma'am, excuse me Ma'am!!" LOL. I would TOTALLY do the exact same thing, that is so funny! Good thing you weren't actually a thief!

MMMMM...Margaritaville! I love the atmosphere there, so tropical and fun! I seem to be noticing that a lot in this update. LOL.

Woah, that pickle IS huge! YUMMM.

What a great first day! I can't wait to hear about the next one!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 06-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #81
sbprincess
Mouseketeer

Wow, I cannot believe I missed your start by a few days and I'm already stuck down on page 6!

Ya know, I totally didn't understand how "southern" people in NC were until I moved here. I am from Georgia originally so I know what country looks like. I just didn't know it extended up to NC too. And I totally know what you mean about the connotation of "redneck". It means very different things to different people.

Loving everything so far! Not sure if you remember, but you recommended to me to read the Harry Potter series instead of just watching the movies (in your December TR). I am so glad I took your advice! I've been reading the series and watching the movies only in between. I am on book 5, Order of the Pheonix and I like the books so much more (but they're also neat to see, of course). All through the movies I sit and commentate on how "this was different in the book" or "they explained that so much better in the book". Luckily, my DH doesn't care and even appreciates when I can make something clearer than it was in the movie. I can't wait to go to IOA in October now to see the land. So, I'm glad your including your Universal section in your TR.

You are hilarious, by the way! Love your writing style.

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View * July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
Old 06-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #82
cocofifi
Mouseketeer

I'm going to crawl out from under my lurking rock for this one. Lovin' this trip report so far!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #83
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

You are very funny! And we absolutely spent an evening of one of our trip's watching "The Middle" and "Modern Family."
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 06-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #84
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Hi! I lurked on your past TR/PTR, they are so funny and I love reading them. So definitely count me in on this one!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #85
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone, this is the other Joni lol. Joni will be back soon with an update. She has a very serious eye infection & had to go to the dr today for allergy shots.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #86
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Oh no! I hope she gets better soon!

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 06-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #87
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Oh no! I hope she gets better soon!
She told me today that she had to go to the dr & get allergy shots. She thought she has poison ivy in her eyes.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #88
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Ew That really sucks... I really hope she gets better soon.

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 06-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #89
PrincessCharlie
Mouseketeer

Hi, love your report I always like hearing about things outside Disney especially HP since we'll be there in sept.

We're the same with tipping, in England tipping is just not something you do that much unless your in a restaurant or a fancy hotel. We could'nt understand why the shuttle driver expected a tip when it was included in our package holiday He ended up being so miserable and chucking our bags on the pavement he didn't get a tip. Plus I never know how much, I don't want to insult the person by giving too little, or end up going over the top.

Get well soon, can't wait for the next installment!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #90
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

Joni told me today that she is feeling better, but still not 100% to do the next installment. She hopes to be here soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: