Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #226
crystalcalvillo
Disney lovers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy's fan View Post
Here is some internet info for cayman islands:

Where can I find wifi or internet access on island?

Many accommodations provide wifi or internet access.

Airports

Internet Cafes/Coffee Shops

Azzurro Coffee Shop
Café Del Sol Internet Coffee House
Carib Bean Cafe
Full of Beans Cafe
Dunkin' Donuts

Post Offices
Bodden Town Post Office
East End Post Office
Hell Post Office
North Side Post Office
Savannah Post Office
Seven Mile Beach Post Office

Libraries
East End Library
George Town Library

The George Town Library is supposed to be a good location

Here are a few for Cozumel:

free WiFi -Starbucks at Punta Langosta Mall & Palmeras restaurant at the main plaza in fron of downtown pier

Palma Dorada located at A. R. Salas #44, between the Malecon and 5th Av. Internet rates are US$1 per hour. Open daily from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. Phone: (987) 872-0330.

RX Internet Cafe, Calle 7 sur No. 14 between the Malecon (R.E. Melgar) and 5th Av. Internet rates are 10 cents per minute, with no minimum. Open daily from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm. Phone: (987) 23179
Looks like I will definatley be able to see my baby from Cozumel! wohoo!
thank you so much!!
crystalcalvillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #227
jill808702
Earning My Ears

The girls only trip

Hi All, My name is Jill & my daughter & I are very excited, we booked our cruise yesterday! My daughter's Bday is 10/27 & will be turning 7. We are excited about spending Halloween on board & look forward to being in Cozumel on Nov. 1 for the Day of the Dead. This is our 2nd Disney cruise & we are working on our Fish Extender. We are new to this and was wondering if anyone had any hints, tips, or must do's to have this be sucsesful. I would hate for my daughter to receive nothing, so I'm packing some things, just incase. Any info is appreciated
jill808702 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #228
miyta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jill808702 View Post
Hi All, My name is Jill & my daughter & I are very excited, we booked our cruise yesterday! My daughter's Bday is 10/27 & will be turning 7. We are excited about spending Halloween on board & look forward to being in Cozumel on Nov. 1 for the Day of the Dead. This is our 2nd Disney cruise & we are working on our Fish Extender. We are new to this and was wondering if anyone had any hints, tips, or must do's to have this be sucsesful. I would hate for my daughter to receive nothing, so I'm packing some things, just incase. Any info is appreciated
welcome!!! how exciting to have birthday on 1st day of cruise. I will have FE items for you, will leave it to our chief Joye to determine FE group placement possibility . I have twin 5 yo and 9yo
miyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #229
jill808702
Earning My Ears

You're so sweet, thank you. I'm browsing Pintrest as we speak to find gift ideas
Old 10-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #230
joyebean
Mouseketeer

Jill, please send me details on ages of each person, favorite character and stateroom number if you know it, and I'll add you.

Oh, please email me at price.joye@gmail.com.

09/02 - Polynesian / Disney Wonder 4-day
03/03 - Wilderness Lodge Villas / Disney Wonder 3-day
09/05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge / Disney Wonder 4-day
joyebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #231
rodher
Earning My Ears

FE gifts ready, we made some extras for the if possibles.....
rodher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #232
jill808702
Earning My Ears

Thank you

Thank you Joye, I appreciate your time. I've sent you an email.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #233
jill808702
Earning My Ears

FE gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodher View Post
FE gifts ready, we made some extras for the if possibles.....
Hi, this is our 2nd cruise but will be our 1st time doing FE gifts, do you mind me asking what type of gifts you or anyone else is doing. Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 10-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #234
geauxvacation1
Earning My Ears

How many days do we put stuff in each persons holder?
geauxvacation1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #235
rodher
Earning My Ears

You can give anything you want, from disney related little gifts, candies or toys,to more elaborate hand made gifts, regional souvenirs, postcards or letters, You can give one gift for each stateroom or one per person, one per cruise or one daily. It is up to you.... The idea is to have fun giving to others....
rodher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #236
miyta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi, this is our 2nd cruise but will be our 1st time doing FE gifts, do you mind me asking what type of gifts you or anyone else is doing. Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you
I tried finding the pic I took of our FE gifts last cruise but cannot locate it.
Highlighter, candies, magnets. Toys for the kids- pirate treasure chest, plastic bucket and shovel. blow up ball, bubbles, coloring books- some homemade of disney and cruise related and stapled together and others store bought. Handmade lanyards. Crochet items, plastic sunglasses for the kids
candies were random- from probably 10 different countries- we were on the transatlantic- new zealand, canada, italy, france, etc- was fun trying the different items
that is just a few items
Old 10-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #237
miyta
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyta View Post
I tried finding the pic I took of our FE gifts last cruise but cannot locate it.
Highlighter, candies, magnets. Toys for the kids- pirate treasure chest, plastic bucket and shovel. blow up ball, bubbles, coloring books- some homemade of disney and cruise related and stapled together and others store bought. Handmade lanyards. Crochet items, plastic sunglasses for the kids
candies were random- from probably 10 different countries- we were on the transatlantic- new zealand, canada, italy, france, etc- was fun trying the different items
that is just a few items
bottomline- no rules, dont stress, have fun- the range went from almost no cost or very inexpensive- to some more elaborate gifts to other gifts that took a great deal of time for someone to create. It is all for fun- we had just as much fun passing out our treasures as coming back to little gifts every time we returned to the cabin
Old 10-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #238
grumpy's fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
These are some ideas I considered that I found from the various FE threads:

** small white board with magnets on back to put on door to leave quick notes

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907032&page=23 post #343

**shore excursion kit (small baggie with things you might use on shore such as bandaids, antiseptic wipes, travel size anti bacterial gel, travel size sunscreen, towel clips {clothespins}, rubberbands, plastic baggie for wet items etc. )

** Minnie emergency kit: All in a zip lock bag
clothes pins
bandaids
hand sanitizer packs/wipes
paper clips
shout wipes
sample size spf 15 sunscreen (1 oz)
ink pen
purse size pack of tissues
Clips(paper clip-the heavy ones)

**disney decorated photo mat (buy a red 8x10 phot mat at hobby lobby and decorate with disney stickers then give each cabin a mat with sharpies (you can leave 2 items per cabin for all the characters to sign) (i can pm you a photo for reference if you'd like)

**door magnets - Millipie has some great disigns you can download and print on magnetic paper

http://www.4shared.com/dir/Xs3bCr-w/...l#dir=19078251

**disney magic bookmarks from a disigner (i can pm you the link) that is already designed and you just print out on cardstock and cut
Old 10-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #239
joyebean
Mouseketeer

FE Lists Updated

I have added Crystal and her family and Jill and her daughter. The updated lists may be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mJpNTFPRWItZUE

Short version: Crystal and family were added to group 1 and Jill and her daughter were added to group 2.

I'll update further as I hear about people's stateroom assignments.

My goal is to get Maps emailed out at least a few days before we sail!

I've also added a page to the spreadsheet that breaks down each group similar to Tammie's post above (miyta). Or at least, I'm adding it now.

09/02 - Polynesian / Disney Wonder 4-day
03/03 - Wilderness Lodge Villas / Disney Wonder 3-day
09/05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge / Disney Wonder 4-day
joyebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #240
jill808702
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone for the wonderful ideas, they are much appreciated. Thank you Joye for the add on and welcoming us into your group so late in the game

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: