Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
Em'swish
Earning My Ears

Emily's Wish Trip!!! MAW-Dates TBA

Hi, not really sure how to do this, but will give it a try! I will introduce my family. We have Me (Melissa), DH (Sean), Emily 4.5yr (Wish Kiddo), Abby 3yr. (Best little sister).

Em's wish granters are coming for the first time on Wednesday. We are all really looking forward to this. All she keeps saying is Minnie Mouse and Princess. She wants to be a princess more then anything in the world, and I think she is one already!

My dad told me about MAW and thought Em would be worth it to try and get her a wish. It has been a rough road for her, and the past 3 months have been just horrible. It has been really great this past month to have something so fun to look forward to.

Em was born at 30 weeks at 2lbs. 15oz. She had a very rough time and went through to many things to list all. She did have NEC and a staph infection and at 10 weeks had part of her colon removed from the NEC infection. We were also told she has enlarged ventricles in her brain. She left the hospital after 87 of the worst days. She alway's had a rough time with food and we were told at 4 months she had reflux. It just got wrose once she started real food. She would vomit almost every meal, and choke and cough all the time. They diagnosed her at 19mo with Eosinophiliac Esophagitis. She was put on an elemental diet, we have struggled for 3 years trying to find her food that are safe. In Nov. after her 6 scope the Dr. decided it was time to put her back on just the elemental diet. As of now we can only find grapes, bananas, rice as safe foods for her. She takes everythhing else by her feeding tube that she has had since Feb. of this year. Em also has Dentinogenisis Imperfecta, she was not born with any dentin on her teeth so they are very brittle and come in tiny and fall apart. She will always have caps. She had her first 5 hour dental surgery at 2.

We were dealing with all that, and actually kind of doing ok when in the end of March Em went to the hospital for vomitting and when they could not figure out what was wrong gave her an MRI of her head and spine givien her history. They found 2 things. A Chiari Malformation in her brain and arachnoid cyst in her spine. They needed to take the cyst out of her spine right away. It was taking up half her back and compressing her spine so much it was flat. Then las week she had brain surgery for her Chiari Malformation. She is still having a lot of issues from the Chiari, so we are very nervous and hope she just needs time to heal.

So with all that, we are very much ready to plan a fantastic trip to Disney. We took both girls for Em's birthday last year but only stayed for one day. I have been a ton of time as a child and so has Sean. I can't wait to see the smiles from Em.

So whatever tips and tricks anyone has we want to hear!

Thanks

Melissa
Mom to Emily (wish kiddo) and Abby (best little sister)

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/emilywallace
Em'swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Happy Dreams1
Where happy dreams and magic is just a castle away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em'swish View Post
Hi, not really sure how to do this, but will give it a try! I will introduce my family. We have Me (Melissa), DH (Sean), Emily 4.5yr (Wish Kiddo), Abby 3yr. (Best little sister).

Em's wish granters are coming for the first time on Wednesday. We are all really looking forward to this. All she keeps saying is Minnie Mouse and Princess. She wants to be a princess more then anything in the world, and I think she is one already!

My dad told me about MAW and thought Em would be worth it to try and get her a wish. It has been a rough road for her, and the past 3 months have been just horrible. It has been really great this past month to have something so fun to look forward to.

Em was born at 30 weeks at 2lbs. 15oz. She had a very rough time and went through to many things to list all. She did have NEC and a staph infection and at 10 weeks had part of her colon removed from the NEC infection. We were also told she has enlarged ventricles in her brain. She left the hospital after 87 of the worst days. She alway's had a rough time with food and we were told at 4 months she had reflux. It just got wrose once she started real food. She would vomit almost every meal, and choke and cough all the time. They diagnosed her at 19mo with Eosinophiliac Esophagitis. She was put on an elemental diet, we have struggled for 3 years trying to find her food that are safe. In Nov. after her 6 scope the Dr. decided it was time to put her back on just the elemental diet. As of now we can only find grapes, bananas, rice as safe foods for her. She takes everythhing else by her feeding tube that she has had since Feb. of this year. Em also has Dentinogenisis Imperfecta, she was not born with any dentin on her teeth so they are very brittle and come in tiny and fall apart. She will always have caps. She had her first 5 hour dental surgery at 2.

We were dealing with all that, and actually kind of doing ok when in the end of March Em went to the hospital for vomitting and when they could not figure out what was wrong gave her an MRI of her head and spine givien her history. They found 2 things. A Chiari Malformation in her brain and arachnoid cyst in her spine. They needed to take the cyst out of her spine right away. It was taking up half her back and compressing her spine so much it was flat. Then las week she had brain surgery for her Chiari Malformation. She is still having a lot of issues from the Chiari, so we are very nervous and hope she just needs time to heal.

So with all that, we are very much ready to plan a fantastic trip to Disney. We took both girls for Em's birthday last year but only stayed for one day. I have been a ton of time as a child and so has Sean. I can't wait to see the smiles from Em.

So whatever tips and tricks anyone has we want to hear!

Thanks

Melissa
Mom to Emily (wish kiddo) and Abby (best little sister)

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/emilywallace
Bless your family! I read that you're meeting the wish granters on Wednesday! I'm meeting them on Tuesday. I'm soo excited. I'm also going to wish to go to Disney World.

Mom Wanda(sis-22) Me- Claudia(17)(wish kid)

LOVE California...my home away from home:

My Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World 2011 :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2791041
Happy Dreams1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

Great start!!! Can't wait to read more about your plans- and the wish granters visiting soon! Have fun!!!!

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

xanphylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
Em'swish
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Dreams1 View Post
Bless your family! I read that you're meeting the wish granters on Wednesday! I'm meeting them on Tuesday. I'm soo excited. I'm also going to wish to go to Disney World.
Thanks. I am sure you must be really happy to see the wish granters. I look forward to hear how it goes for you!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Em'swish
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanphylus View Post
Great start!!! Can't wait to read more about your plans- and the wish granters visiting soon! Have fun!!!!
Thanks! I can't wait to get this tripped planned. I know Em is going to be so happy!!

Melissa
mom to Emily (wish kiddo) and Abby ( best little sister)
Old 06-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
Happy Dreams1
Where happy dreams and magic is just a castle away

Quote:
Thanks. I am sure you must be really happy to see the wish granters. I look forward to hear how it goes for you!
I'm going to make my sister part of my wish as she's already 21 years old and will not be able to participate in the wish if I do not include her in it. Also, I will include in wish when I went to go. I guess I found a loophole. I really want to go next month but I've heard it's impossible. BUT you never know.

Mom Wanda(sis-22) Me- Claudia(17)(wish kid)

LOVE California...my home away from home:

My Make-A-Wish trip to Disney World 2011 :
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2791041
Happy Dreams1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I love your start to your trip report! Emily is beautiful! I can't wait to hear how everything goes on Wednesday!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
kdzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:08 AM   #8
Em'swish
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
I love your start to your trip report! Emily is beautiful! I can't wait to hear how everything goes on Wednesday!
Thanks! It's so cute to see how happy Em is. She keeps asking me when her wish granters are coming. I love seeing her smile!!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #9
Em'swish
Earning My Ears

It's been a little over a week since I have gotten on here to post. Em had a 5 day hospital stay last week for MRSA on her site of her brain surgery. No fun and glad that one is almost over.

Em's wish granters were supposed to come to the house last Wednesday but seh was in the hospital. I texted one of our wish granters in the a.m. on Wednesday to see if they would come to her, and they did!! I think Em was really nervous when they first came it. I think in her 4.5 yr old head she thought they would be wearing fairy godmother costumes.

They were so sweet and brought a gift for Em and one for Abby who was not with us. Ericka sat and colored with Em while I sad and filled out paper work with Samantha. Samantha actually asked me what Em wanted. After going over a list of all of Em's favorite things, Em made her wish. 1st wish was of course Disney to meet Snow White, and the other was harder to get. They asked for her favorite animal, and for some reaon she said Dolphin. Which is not really true. She LOVES elephants. So from dolphin they put Sea World as her second wish. Which isn't it the same? They asked for our 3 dates and we said Em's birthday at the end of Sep., any time in Oct. or Nov. She said that Em's birthday should not be a problem!! So now we wait for the call to see when we go! Can't wait.... The girls and are can't stop looking at Disney things on the computer!

Here are some pictures from the wish granters visit..

Em meeting her wish granters...

Em, Ericka and Daddy

Ericka and Samantha her wish granters
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #10
princessmamaof5
Mouseketeer

precious cannot wait to see how you cuties wish goes

Mackenzies Miracle of a Make a Wish PTR
princessmamaof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:11 AM   #11
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Emily is Beautiful! How are the plans coming along??
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #12
Em'swish
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Emily is Beautiful! How are the plans coming along??
Thanks so much!!! I am just waiting to hear the dates. I have something very special planned that I hope can get done. How did you pass the time waiting. It's all Em and I want to do it look at Disney video's and see what fun we can find! Hope you had a great 4th too!!

Melissa
mom to Emily 4.5 (wish kiddo) and Abby 3, (best little sister)
Old 07-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #13
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Quote:
Thanks so much!!! I am just waiting to hear the dates. I have something very special planned that I hope can get done. How did you pass the time waiting. It's all Em and I want to do it look at Disney video's and see what fun we can find! Hope you had a great 4th too!!

Melissa
mom to Emily 4.5 (wish kiddo) and Abby 3, (best little sister)

We have been waiting over a year to go on the trip (We have known since Lisa was born she would be eligible and we waited until she was old enough to ask for her Wish...we knew she was ready when she came to me shortly after her seventh birthday and said "I want to make my wish now"). Disney dreaming has gotten us through many hard days! I worry when it is over, I will have a crash, we have been waiting and so excited for so long. To only have one wish and to have it over...we have seen a lot of our friends so sad at the conclusion of the trip...so the waiting has actually been easy, just hard to believe we are doing the double digit dance today! I honestly wondered if we would ever actually take this trip and it is starting to look like reality now! Emily is going to have the most MAGICAL time and it WILL help her to think and dream on hard days! I made Lisa a book called "Lisa's Disney Journal". It has all of the Princesses on it and she has written and drawn many pictures of her dreams in there! I look forward to seeing what you have planned that is so special! I know you will pull it off!

ETA: We also enjoy looking at the travel books, youtube videos, GKTW website (I won't let Lisa look at the GKTW site now so that it will be a fresh surprise when we go)!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
blessedmom4

CONGRATULATIONS on your dates!!!!

You are leaving on my birthday!!!

Now I really AM off to the MD!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #15
Em'swish
Earning My Ears

So happy to say we have DATES!!!!!! We are going from Saturday Sept. 24-Sept.l 30. We will be there for Em's 5th Birthday. That was what we wanted, so I am so happy for her!!! As soon as I got the dates I started making resi. We have a little bit planned out so far

Sept. 24 we get to GKTW and hang out all day
Sept. 25 got to Hollywood studios. We have a resi. at Hollywood and Vine.
Sept. 26 Em's birthday! A.M. in GKTW, noon at Bibbity in downtown for both girls. 3pm we go to MK to see parade and walk around until 6 when we have a resi. at 1900 for dinner. Then take boat back to MK for parade and fireworks!

Rest to the trip not really planned! Any advice would be great

Melissa
Mom To Emily (wish kiddo) and Abby (best little sister)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: