Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #481
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Lasting Chocolate Notes and The End

Full to the brim from our Grand Floridian tea, we Snobbishes took the monorail over to the Contemporary.

We spent the evening hanging out at the pool, got a bite to eat at the Contempo Café…

…and then we had to end the day with some Wishes!

The family was driving back home the next morning (I was staying on to start my job at Disney!), but we were squeezing in one last family meal at a place we had never tried before…the Wave!

So from the entrance of the wave and the bar/podium area, you expect the décor to be lots of blues, like waves from the sea.

Love the twinkly lights over the bar.

Seating alcove near the entrance...

When you enter into the dining room, however, it turns out it’s more like waves of sand in the desert!

At first I was a little disappointed…I had been imagining something like Triton’s on the DCL, but the muted oranges and tans are quite restful too.

The Wave has lots of healthy and organic options – normally that would make me say “Blah,” but the menu actually had lots of tasty, interesting-sounding dishes, like eggs benedict topped with key lime hollandaise sauce and sweet potato pancakes!

I don’t know if I would have been able to decide on just one, but luckily I didn’t have to…the Wave has a breakfast buffet with most of its signature items on it! It’s about $18 for adults, which at least isn’t the usual highway robbery rates that Disney charges for its buffets.

BRING ON THE BUFFET!

Cold items…salm, veggies, capers, etc…

Yogurt, “Fresh Florida Blueberries” and “Uncle Matt’s Organic Citrus.” Who is Uncle Matt, I wonder? Also to the far left in this pic you can see the Wave’s signature “honey-pecan butter.” Very yum.

Mini bagels, croissants, muffins, and banana bread…

CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS

Hash browns and some lovely bread pudding!

The Eggs Benedict!!! This might have been my favorite item – the lime gave it just the right amount of tang.

Sweet Potato Pancakes, which were quite nice – like normal pancakes, not potato pancakes.

Lastly but not least, multigrain mickey waffles! Which were good in spite of being multigrain.

Also included in the buffet but not pictured: cold cereals, steel cut oatmeal (which sounds so much more impressive that regular oatmeal), biscuits and gravy, cheese grits, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, and breakfast potatoes.

I’m really liked the Wave breakfast buffet – there was a lot of variety, it was fun to get to try all the different signature dishes, and most of them were quite delicious.

I have just one complaint.

We went to breakfast late in the morning, and a lot of the food – especially the bread items, the waffles, and the pancakes – were a little bit stale and kinda too dry. The restaurant was very quiet, and it was late in the day, but really they should have been putting out fresh stuff. If we had gone earlier in the morning I think the buffet would’ve been even better!

Not included in the buffet, but I tried a smoothie, very nice. Since it was the last morning, we decided we’d splurge and get beverages (we usually stick with tap water). My dad tried the organic Columbian press pot coffee, which he enjoyed – I enjoyed the description on the menu:

“This medium-bodied coffee has a sweet caramel start and lasting chocolate notes.” I can’t think of a better way to finish off a meal and a vacation AND a trip report than with lasting chocolate notes.

After breakfast the family drove off, and I headed back to my Florida apartment. I had a wonderful time working at Disney – and a wonderful time sharing this trip report. I am very sorry it has taken me so long to finish, but thank you readers for sticking with me!!

As soon as I have a new thread up for THIS summer’s trip report, I’ll post a link here.

**Here's the new TR! Downton Disney: the Disney Snob and the Seven Seas Resorts

Yours,

Emma

Last edited by AGPrincess; 09-08-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #482
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Great vacation!

I can't wait to read about this year's!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #483
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Aww, I'm sad you're done but thrilled there will be more!!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #484
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Great ending~ and I love your new Avatar!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #485
zipadeepixie
Earning My Ears

Thanks for finishing your trip report! Looking forward to the next one!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #486
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Great vacation!

I can't wait to read about this year's!
It was so much fun...thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Aww, I'm sad you're done but thrilled there will be more!!
New trip report is coming up! Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Great ending~ and I love your new Avatar!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipadeepixie View Post
Thanks for finishing your trip report! Looking forward to the next one!
Thanks for reading along in spite of all the delays, lol!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #487
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Just wanted to post to say the new trip report is up, with a first update!

Downton Disney: the Disney Snob and the Seven Seas Resorts
Old 09-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #488
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am eating at the Wave for the breakfast buffet in 5 weeks. I hope its as yummy as your pictures show. Sounds great. Here's hoping for nothing even remotely stale tasting.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: