Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
macemc12
Mouseketeer

Kouzzina Reviews please!

Has anyone dined at Kouzzina at BWV? We are on the DDP and are searching for a 1 credit TS restaurant that will appeal to both the adults and kids (6&8). We will not be in the parks that evening and we are staying at BLT. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

macemc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
hotcarib
DIS Veteran

Probably not what you want to hear but we really, really disliked the food.
It's a lovely, cavernous dining room with an open kitchen, but that's about as good as it gets.
Actually the one thing we did enjoy was the calamari. It was crisp, tender and not overcooked...lovely
I had the whole fish which in addition to being overdone was literally floating in a sea of olive oil. DH had the steak which was (again) overdone and tough.
The gigantes again were drowning in oil. Hey, i get that it is Greek food you don't need to pour a keg of oil on everything to drive the point home!
Desserts were the galaktoboureko (phyllo/semolina custard...it had little taste and too much semolina texture.
The loukoumades are generally one of my favourite desserts; not these. Heavy, almost leaden and....fried in oil that wasn't up to temp. In Kouzzina's defense the server noticed we were less than pleased with the dishes and asked if we would like to order anything else but by that time we just asked for the check. The Cape May seafood buffet generally has something for everyone (even seafood haters) and Chefs de France, Rose & Crown are 1 TS and within walking distance. Sorry to share such grim information and it' definitely IMO...but I do know others who call this their favourite.

Last edited by hotcarib; 02-15-2013 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
hotcarib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

You may want to check out Allears.net under the Rate and Review section. They have about 200 reviews for Kouzzina. I ate there a couple of years ago for breakfast and dinner using the dining plan. I thought the food was fine, but I stuck with the more American dishes instead of the Greek ones. I have since been to Greece and would be willing to try the Greek dishes the next time I go. However, it does seem that Cat puts a distinct twist on the Greek dishes. The menu for Kouzzina is also on Allears under Walt Disney World and then dining.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
averysmom
DIS Veteran

My family ate here in January, and it was our favourite meal. My mom got the whole fish, and it was amazing! I had some and I've never eaten a fish that flavourful. I got the steak and it was lovely-not the best steak I've ever had, but I loved the spicy sauce that came with it. Our desserts were wonderful too; I had the baklava and it was yummy and my mom had the chocolate lava cake and she loved it. I'm making ADRs for August and it's on our list. It's such a great break from Hollywood studios-a quick boat ride away and the food is 10x better than anywhere in the park!

averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
macemc12
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the insights. I will check out the allears reviews as well. Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

macemc12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: