Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #121
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Bringing the Magic to the Kingdom

Most tour plans will advise you to avoid Magic Kingdom on a Saturday. But our time is running short on the trip now and we needed this morning to cover some ground that we missed.

Guess what we found out? The Saturday of a Star Wars Weekend is a perfect time to visit Magic Kingdom! We arrive just after rope drop (tardy again!!) and head straight to Fantasyland. The boys were telling me on the bus ride over that they did not want to ride Dumbo. I was stunned by that actually. I guess I thought that they would always want to do the classics. Well, no one comes to Disney on my watch and doesn’t ride the most iconic ride in the ‘World.’ So the mean Mommy that I am hustled us down Main Street and over to Fantasyland.

Don’t they look thrilled?

The best group shot that I could get.

The boys doing their best to emulate marble busts, of the greatest ghost writers, the literary world has even known.

We lunched at Columbia Harbor House in upstairs dining room. I apologize for not taking a photo of our tuna sandwiches for the trip report.

I did take time to photograph the stash of fast passes that we had accrued this morning.

Who could anticipate this wait time in mid-June on a Saturday?

Where is everyone?

We left Magic Kingdom having a very successful day. I’m so glad that I switched our flights around so that we could push Hollywood Studios to tomorrow and squeeze in another morning at Magic Kingdom. Well worth it. But again, like last night, you can't plan or expect magic to happen. It just sneaks up on you.

We visited with Dsis and family at Yacht Club for a bit. I wanted to reproduce some photos of the boys that I had taken when we stayed there in ‘05.
Then and Now

On our walk back, I took this picture. Look how close all the hotels look from this perspective - Yacht Club, Swan and Boardwalk.

We spent a little time resting and Nick enjoyed his balcony. A wedding was imminent but we didn’t stick around to watch.

Instead, we ventured downstairs for dinner at The Fountain. Alex’s cheeseburger. He finally met his match.

Nick’s kids meal - ok for a 4 year old. Not adequate for a 12 year old.

My Salmon salad. It was eh.

The service was really, really slow and we almost missed Illuminations. We were supposed to meet up with Dsis. We start walking around the Showcase looking for where they might be, assuming that since we were both staying outside of the International Gateway that we would stop and watch very near the exit. Not so. DSis has walked aaaaalllllll the way to Italy to watch these. We don’t reach her in time for the kickoff of the show so we stopped and watched where we were. Not the best viewpoint and I was disappointed that we missed the beginning where they blow out the torches.

As soon as the lights came back on, we found them in about 60 seconds. I got on her case about having to walk all the way around the world to find her.

We walked out together and walked with them to their hotel. I bid a tearful farewell to my little Corey.

One more quick picture to hold us until we meet again.

They fly back home tomorrow morning and we have one more day in the World.

Tomorrow - SWW Wrap-up

My fourth and fifth trips as a Disney TA coming up soon!

Old 04-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #122
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Guess what? We are heading back for another year of Star Wars Weekend adventures! So, I am planning to finish this report, albeit very late, and continue to post with an abbreviated report from this year!

We are heading back and bringing Eeyore (my DH)! This year, we will be staying at the Beach Club and will be at the very last SWW (June 8-10).

My fourth and fifth trips as a Disney TA coming up soon!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: