Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #31
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Room Service

I snap awake around 7 when my brain processes that I am in WDW. Boys are sound asleep. I get dressed and head to the front desk to speak to a manager about my ordeal last night and to get the room keys fixed for good. I explain everything that happened last night in detail. I said "I don't normally do this but is there a way to comp my room for last night? It was really a disaster and we are missing out on the activities that we planned for this morning." She offers me half off my room rate which I accept. We did sleep in the room for half the night so I'm only paying for half the night.

I take the new set of keys to the food court and buy the boys a gigantic breakfast. The charging privileges on the new key work so it looks like the computers have resolved my issues.

I head back to the room with a very heavy tray of chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, chocolate milks and a breakfast platter to share. I bring it in and say "Room Service!" They come around as I am taking the lids off and getting everything ready for them. Yes. I kind of woke them up.

We finish our breakfast and head to Hollywood Studios and see what we can get accomplished with our late start. I had packed the Star Wars t-shirts in the 'tomorrow' suitcase. The boys wore these at our first two SWWeekends. Alex is wearing his older brother's shirt and Nick fits into Alex's old one. The 2005 (and 2006 on the back) that I had written on in Sharpie marker has faded but they are oldies but goodies and perfect for this weekend.

Here they are at our 2005 SWW with older brother -

And 2011 -
Old 06-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #32
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Getting My Geek On

I check us in at Star Wars Weekend just before 9 a.m. on my iPhone and post this picture. We are only 3 hours late but it's time to get my geek on!

Alex runs to get us FPasses for TSMania. We aren't that late!

Our first character stop is Queen Amadala. When it's our turn, FP guy takes pics. I take pics. We get our Photopass card and we're done. Except Q.A. continues to talk to Alex and I can see that my Alex is getting a bit flustered. I think there's a love connection here. I was hoping his first girlfriend would have been someone from our galaxy but it's ok. What happens in Naboo stays in Naboo.

We stood in line to meet Anakin. Each line for each character at these weekends is about an hour wait. We knew that going in and they are old enough to be patient while waiting. It also helps to have this walking by and people willing to hold your spot in line so that you can jump out and get a picture/autograph. Footini!

We ride Star Tours stand by and get fast passes for later. I'm really excited at this point to be here and I take a picture of the fast passes to commemorate the day. The new version of this ride is spectacular. Kudos to Disney and Master Lucas for taking a tired attraction and turning it into a hot ticket again.

Speaking of hot…we went to the seminar with Matt Lanter. I didn't know Star Wars celebs were that cute. J He's the voice of Anakin in the Clone Wars. I haven't watched a single episode but the boys are avid viewers. It's thrilling for them to hear the voices from the show (me too ) and see the process that goes into doing the voices.

We decide to do Great Movie Ride. I want to do the cowboy scene. I never get it and I want to try for it this time. We wind down to the front of the screening room and they are looking for a group of 2 or 3 which is us. They load us in the second group of cars about to depart but it turns out not to be the cowboy scene. Next time, I will not volunteer to jump in line unless it's for the cowboy car (which I know now after 14 trips is the first half).

We walk around looking to join lines for SW characters but all the lines are closing. Everyone is going backstage to prep for the parade. Let's burn TSM FPasses.

We walked past the empty cue for the Disney star wars characters on our way to Toy Story. I ask the CM if I have time to do TSM before the line opens. She said that she wouldn't wait too long to get in line. We were on our way to use our Mania FP but I have second thoughts and double back. Someone else has lined up to be first in line and we decide to just wait until 1:20 (about half an hour). The benefit of waiting at this vantage point is that you get to see these guys as they are exiting the stage after the parade!

We were able to see all of the Disney Star Wars characters but only had to wait in one line get this very awesome picture taken and then head to Toy Story and Star Tours.

After Jedi Mickey and R2MK, we joined the line for Chewbacca. It had been on pause during the parade and the line is now to the DVC desk near Sci Fi Dine In. An hour later, we get this great picture.

My plan was to eventually shower and change clothes back at the room (hopefully luggage will be there) and head over to join DSis for a fun-filled evening at MK. I receive a text from my co-conspirator when we are waiting to board Star Tours. DSis has changed plans and they are now planning to leave MK for the day at 6. Shoooooot. Change in plans. This is our last ride and then we will have to go straight over to MK.

Next up: Nonsense ensues.

Last edited by bizeemom4; 06-25-2011 at 03:51 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #33
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Nonsense Ensues! - Warning: Pool Hopping Mentioned

2:45pm - Leaving HS to go to MK. Taking Contemporary resort bus. While on the bus DBIL texts that they are now leaving the park at 4! Thatís fine. We can surprise her on the way out of the park. We arrive at Contemporary and stop to take some cool pictures.

We make it almost all the way to MK when we receive a text from DBIL. Dsis changed her mind again. They are staying in MK and booked a 4 oíclock dining reservation. Well Iím not going to surprise her right before they go in to eat dinner. We have time now to go back to the hotel and shower and change and meet her at MK later. We finish our walk to MK and make a giant circle ALLLLLL the way around the bus stop area to the Pop Century bus stop.

3:45 - Text from DBIL. They are skipping the reservation and leaving after all. Ya know what? Iím going to strangle my Dsis. We are on the bus on the way to Pop Century. We will meet her later. Enough already. I could have taken a bus an hour ago that went straight to Pop.

5ish - Canít recall when it was that we ended up getting on the bus at MK. We assume that they are at the hotel as the last text that I had received said that they were leaving 2 hours ago. We head over towards the hotel via the walkway from MK to CR. I get a text that they are just now leaving the park. I freak out thinking that they are on the walkway also and she or the kids may spot us. We start walking really fast, looking over our shoulders to try to spot them. We are in the parking lot area when DBIL texts ďWhere are you?Ē Walking to the hotel. ďWe took the monorail. What do you want me to do?Ē Meet us in the lobby. He texts ďGet there NOW!Ē We hurry in and Nick and I hide in a seating area by the registration desk. We hide Alex in the menĎs room! That will be part 2 of the surprise.

We sit on the couch and wait. There is some weird kind of privacy screen behind the couch so Nick peeks thru that (while crouching down on the couch). He watches for her from his direction and I watch the other direction with my camera on and ready to capture her surprise! Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Oh! My DBIL pushing a stroller. I stand at the edge of the corner of the wall thinking heís going to bring her around that way. I keep peeking around and peeking around. Iím sure that Iím on surveilance video somewhere. I was definitely acting odd. Nothing. Nothing. Text from DBIL. They are leaving. Seriously. This is ridiculous. I tell him to just go with her to her room and Iíll meet her there. Nick goes to get his brother who has been hiding in the menís room all this time and we head to the garden wing.

We give them a minute to get there and I text him to answer the door when I knock. I motion for Alex to stop short of the room. I get close and turn the camera to record. Knock. Knock. I hear him telling her ďPut some clothes on.Ē She tried to argue that she would just go in the bathroom and he insists that she get dressed. LOL. Yes. Please put some clothes on. LOL.

He opens the door and I step into the room. She sees me, points to me and says ďI KNEW IT!Ē

Gah! I guess she didnít buy my explanation 100%. Itís ok. Hugs all around and we visit for a little bit. Another knock on the door and my Dsis looks a little panic stricken. Rudy answers it and Alex comes in. Dsis is stunned! I wish that I had the camera running for that reaction because THAT was priceless.

Zoe was reserving a poolside Cabana when we arrived.

Some love for Nick and Alex

The kids were getting ready to go swimming and my boys were wearing swimsuits because those are the bottoms that I had packed in the 'tomorrow' suitcase. We head down to the pool and the boys swim while Dsis and I catch up.

Whoops. There goes Disboard Rule #3. The cousins had a good time playing together and the time flew by. Itís soon time to get her kids (and mine) to bed. It was tempting to take the boys into Magic Kingdom since we are right there but after last nightís late night adventure, I didnít give us the chance to go and play. As we are walking to the Pop buses again, Alex comments that this is the third time that we walked right by Magic Kingdom today but didnít go in. I felt bad about that but I knew that we had goals and priorities tomorrow that required a great nightís sleep so we keep going on our way to the bus. We had eaten dinner at Pop when we came back for our shower break but we were a little hungry so we stopped for our traditional Pop treat - Tie Die Cheesecake. What a perfect Disney nightcap.

Tomorrow - Tears on a Lightsaber
Old 06-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #34
princess_chloee
do you believe in magic? <3

Nice job Mom! Keep the posts coming!

"all your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" -Walt Disney
Old 06-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #35
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Tears on a Lightsaber

The kids crawled in bed with their cheesecakes and I told them to brush their teeth before they fell asleep (more than likely they didn't do this) and I got in the shower. They were asleep when I came out and I quietly put out all the clothing for tomorrow and got our backpack ready for tomorrow with keys, tickets, hats, sunscreen, hand san, the Star Wars book, lightsabers, sharpie markers, camera, phone, etc. Henceforth, it shall be known as the backpack from He*& (BPFH) because it was. I should have rented a stroller for it.

Set my iPhone alarm clock for 6 a.m. I woke up and thought it was odd because I could see the sun coming in behind the curtains. So bright for 6 a.m…..oh noooooooooo. It's 7:37 a.m.!!!!!!!! I jump up out of bed and over to shake the boys awake. "Boys! Wake up! We overslept! It's 7:37." We got dressed, took turns in the bathroom and were exiting the room exactly 10 minutes later. A-mazing hustle on our part don't you think? Oh and if you're wondering about the alarm, here's what happened. It's a funny thing. Even though you wish for the alarm to ring, it will only do so when it's set for the day that you want it to ring. Alas, today is a SUNDAY and the phone is set for Weekdays Only thus the failure. Idiot.

Pop Century is a five minute bus ride away from Hollywood Studios. We arrived at the park at 8:04! We obtained wristbands and fast passes for Jeremy Bulloch (the voice of Boba Fett).

28 minutes ago we were in bed and now we're zooming thru the park. No way! Pretty sure that's a record.

We went for the Bulloch meet and greet because we were able to get a picture of Ray Park (Darth Maul) yesterday via Stalkerazzi.

What are Stalkerazzi? You know the people that stand on the periphery and snap pictures of the characters without waiting in line? I hate those people and I'm ashamed to admit that we were those people yesterday when our (ok MY) excitement gave way to common courtesy. I will try hard not to judge stalkerazzi here on out.

From there, we move down to TSMania together. Here is a picture of Alex getting our fast passes. If you've ever been to Studios during the early morning stampede or read any trip report on here, you know that you will NEVER see this - a deserted fast pass cue and a ZERO wait time.

We walked on the ride and then to Star Tours. Vader is supposed to be signing autographs at 9 a.m. We joined his line with my sister and the boys who had caught up with us. At 9 o'clock, they announce that Darth is delayed and will not be here until 9:30. How can Darth Vader be LATE TO WORK? Was there traffic? No parking spaces available for the world's biggest villain?

I love that he's signing my book with a pink Walt Disney World pen.

From there, we need coffee and a late breakfast at our traditional Writer's Stop. DSis and I love this little nook and make sure to stop every trip. An iced Mocha and a Carrot Cake cookie (a delightful breakfast!) with chocolate milks and muffins for the boys.

Zoe in front of GMR.

We picked up Rock n Roller coaster fast passes then shopped at Jabba's Hut. We tried to get Luke & Leia autographs. They were signing when we joined the line. With two families to go until our turn, they switched out for R2D2 and C3PO.

We had lunch at Backlot Express - a new one for us. We found a table for 4 and I pushed two chairs together to make a couch for Alex, Nick and Matthew. Good thing they all belong to the tiny hiney club. We scored an extra chair, the youngest 2 sat in their strollers and our party of 8 had a very quick and crowded lunch.

DSis and family left for the day to meet up with an old friend in Orlando. We did Great Movie Ride again and this time requested the cowboy scene. They held us until the next car and then we got the front row!

This is Boba Fett but Alex had the page turned to Jango Fett which Boba didn't like and demanded that Alex find a page with his picture before he would sign it.

We had great luck today with Star Wars characters. We got Boba Fett, Darth Maul, a few storm troopers and this creeper. We were trying to get her to sign our book but we didn't think she heard us and thought she had walked away. We turned around and she was right behind us. So creepy cool.

We also stood in the long line to meet Buzz & Woody - mainly because it was air conditioned. Mania was down so it probably wasn't the best time to get in this line although the CM insisted "Shortest line of the day, folks!" The wait time for Mania had been running as high as 150 minutes today. What happens when the ride goes down and people have been waiting for 150 minutes?! Do the CMs get combat pay?

We went to the Trip to the Maul seminar with Ray Park and sat in the back by the exit door because we were going to have to leave early to get to our meet and greet. The show started late and we had to leave early so we didn't see that much - although what we did see was excellent. The premiere theater is behind Muppet Vision and the m&g is way over by the dinosaur at Echo Lake. We were so afraid that we would get turned away if we were late! We ran in the heat with the enormous BPFH and made it on time. We joined the line and we were soon face to flushed and sweaty face with Mr. Bulloch.

The boys asked him if he would sign their lightsabers and he happily obliged. I got emotional watching them watch him sign these. I couldn't help it. All of my boys spent countless hours in the yard and in every room in the house playing Star Wars. Here they were meeting a living, breathing actor from the movies! Dreams Really Do Come True every day at Disney.

Last edited by bizeemom4; 06-28-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #36
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Love your update. Sorry about oversleeping. Cool you got Darth Vader to sign your books we got crabbed at by him. He did NOT like our shirts and didn't even want to take pictures with the kids
Old 06-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #37
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytreasures View Post
Love your update. Sorry about oversleeping. Cool you got Darth Vader to sign your books we got crabbed at by him. He did NOT like our shirts and didn't even want to take pictures with the kids
Thanks for reading the report!

I saw Darth refuse to sign little girls' books when they handed him a Princess pen. He requested a plain one from his wrangler. What was his deal with your shirts?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #38
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Alex's Best Day Ever

I sent a picture of the autographs to my DH and told him about how amazing our day has been. We left the park at this point to take our treasure to the room and drop kick the BPFH. A quick dinner at Pop and then back to Studios to use our Mania and TOT fast passes and to see the Hoopla.

The show is starting as we were walking in and we were pretty far back. I am not strong enough to hold Nick up so that he can see. Some of the folks around me have kids standing on the railing on the sides of the street area. I pop Nick up on that and he leans against a light pole and stands on the railing. This crazy janitor starts yelling at everyone to get those kids down off the railing. Disney security is standing two rows behind us and hasn't said one word to anyone. This yahoo continues to yell that he's going to get security if we don't take those kids down. Lighten up, man. It's the Hoopla!

I found a trash can and I put Nick on that telling him that he has to sit. Another little girl can't see so I tell her mom that she's more than welcome to share Nick's filthy can. I told Nick that ONLY in Disney would I allow him to use a trashcan as a chair. [Just a disclaimer in case he was having thoughts of pulling up the kitchen trash can to eat dinner when we get home.]

We were not going to see Fantasmic. I like it but the hassle trumps my joy. The boys don't want to see it so that's fine with me. After the Hoopla, we went to TSMania to use our last fast pass set for the day. The boys have to do TOT but as we are exiting Mania, it is almost 9 p.m. If they don't hurry, we are going to get stuck behind the entire crowd exiting F! I send them on ahead with the fast passes and a last minute shout of "DON'T LOSE EACH OTHER!"

They are gone before I can round the corner and I don't know if they are still together. I have this sinking feeling like I just messed up and now I'll be here late searching for them because someone is lost and neither one of them has a cell phone.

I pace in the gift shop and then go back outside to look to see if anyone is out there. Back to the room with the ride photos. Back to the gift shop. Back to the ride photos. I'm working up to that "It's been too long. Something must have happened" feeling and then THERE THEY ARE! YAY! They did it. Whew. It's 9:20-something and we do our last wind sprint of the day to the buses. One is pulling up right after we get to the bus stop. We are on our way as the crowds begin to ooze out of the gates.

Our timing today (with the exception of the alarm clock) was superb. We accomplished so much! I asked them if today was the best day ever. Alex confirms that Yes. Today was the best day that he's ever had. Nick said that it is second. I asked what was first and he said his birthday at Disney last time. He said that he'll have to see if his birthday this year can beat it. Haha. No pressure buddy.

Tomorrow we are going to boring, old Epcot. I love Epcot but after the exceptional fun that we've had these last two days, it seems tame and lame. Alex says "So tomorrow we're going to start touring the parks and doing stuff?" Puzzled by that statement, I just laughed and said Yes. I think he meant that we were going to start doing normal and familiar stuff. I hope he didn't think that we didn't do anything these last two days…….

Next Up: SWW Bonus Pix
Old 06-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #39
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

SWW Bonus Pics

Bonus Outtakes and Bloopers

The Tiny Hiney Club in a really bad picture

Fun in Jabba's Hut

Sir! Yes, Sir!

Random Characters

Another bad one

The Best Homemade SW costumes

A Picture of Nick's Dirty Can

Balancing at the Hoopla

PO' Century - Remember When.....you didn't go to Disney and had money!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #40
mindondisney
Mouseketeer

Love it

I love your pictures and the details of trip report. Keep it coming!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #41
Mommy2BnB
Mouseketeer

Joining in. I have a huge Star Wars fan in my house. We were there during SWW, but I neglected to tell him it was going on because I didn't want to fight the crowds or stand in M&G lines all day. So I hope to become a pro from reading your TP so I will be more willing to try SWW next time.

Sorry you had such a bad check-in/first night. That does stink. I don't blame you for not wanting to be in the 70's section. We love the 50's.

I bet you were ready to strangle your Dsis for changing her mind about leaving/staying in the MK. She definitely didn't make it easy on you.

I am totally amazed at how you were able to get out of bed and to the park in 30 minutes. That has to be a new record!!! And I am also amazed at all of the M&G's that you had. Your boys look pretty excited about it too.

Can't wait to read more.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:54 PM   #42
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2BnB View Post
Joining in. I have a huge Star Wars fan in my house. We were there during SWW, but I neglected to tell him it was going on because I didn't want to fight the crowds or stand in M&G lines all day. So I hope to become a pro from reading your TP so I will be more willing to try SWW next time.

Sorry you had such a bad check-in/first night. That does stink. I don't blame you for not wanting to be in the 70's section. We love the 50's.

I bet you were ready to strangle your Dsis for changing her mind about leaving/staying in the MK. She definitely didn't make it easy on you.

I am totally amazed at how you were able to get out of bed and to the park in 30 minutes. That has to be a new record!!! And I am also amazed at all of the M&G's that you had. Your boys look pretty excited about it too.

Can't wait to read more.
You really must try it! The lines seem to be longer than I remember 5 years ago. You have to sacrifice a whole day to Bounty Hunting but it's totally worth it.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #43
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindondisney View Post
I love your pictures and the details of trip report. Keep it coming!
Thanks!

Stay tuned for another episode this afternoon!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #44
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Boring Old Epcot

We made it to Epcot before park opening.

This is was today's facebook Check In photo posted for the folks back home.

As soon as we're in, Alex gets our tickets and he's instructed to go line up for Soarin'. "Don't go in and stop as soon as you see the crowd of people lined up. Lemmings group together as soon as they see the rope. Keep walking past everyone and you'll find empty spots at the rope." Nick and I amble our way through the park and see Alex in an excellent position poised ropeside. I must get that child on the high school track team. He can move!

The Fab 5 come out for a quick meet and greet, the family of the day make their way in the test track vehicle and then....the imaginary firing of the Soarin' starters pistol.

Nick and I lose sight of Alex because we are not racing with the crowd (a first for me not to be huffing and shoving with the leader). We make it into the Land and Alex is standing on the standby entrance waiting for us with 3 fast passes in hand. Really, Alex. Why are you not on the track team?

If I had been here alone, I would have jumped in the standby line. The boys only want to ride it once so we turn around and leave and head to Test Track. We go on it together standby and then again single rider. Nick and I end up in the same car and Alex is in the one right behind us. Gotta love single rider! At this point, DSis texts that they have their Soarin' fast passes. Where are we? Just finished TT and heading over to Mission Space. DSis texts that she is headed that way. We think she means Mission Space so we go there and stand around. She meant that she's headed to TT. We find each other via text message and we ride TT together, getting a kiddie swap pass for DBil who sits out with Zoe. She's not ready for fast cars and freedom.

Next is "Memo" for the little guys then Soarin' with a FP without DBil and Zoe again. I love riding this with newbies. The family to my left had never ridden it and their reactions don't disappoint. I like listening to the ooohs and ahs and how happy people get on this ride. Alex runs off to Mission Space to get FP. I think he's out of the building before we all manage to get on the escalator.

Time for lunch and another family tradition. We love to eat on the Yakitori House patio. It's so peaceful and we never skip it. On our way there, we stop in Morocco to get Nick a lamb gyro and a Baklava.

We have a local Greek Festival one weekend every May. It is so popular that the lines are half an hour or more for each food section. We went for gyros this year and we were going to go back another day for Baklava but it rained the remainder of the weekend and we never made it back. Mommy guilt that I failed BUT when I started planning for this trip, I knew that I had a chance for Baklava and redemption.

We carry Nick's lunch with us with us to Japan and DBil and I go in to get lunch for the rest of the crew.

Sippy cup not included.

Unfortunately, today's lunch will not be a zen experience. The table beside us has 5 very naughty boys around Nick's age who thought it would be great fun to harass and kick the ducks. My DSis finally had enough and said "Don't kick them!" We thought that they were unsupervised but DSis's comment gets the attention of one of the two women gabbing at a table behind them. She comments "What???" At this point, the boys start feeding the ducks broccoli and other food and the women become animated and laugh and encourage the bad behavior. Ladies - if you are reading this, shame on you.

They run out of ammunition and move on to harass other poor helpless creatures and other tourists. We tried to conjur up the peace and serenity that we expect in this place although the behavior of that family really tarnished the experience and still hangs with us.

Next Up: Kringa. Kring a luh. Kringal ah.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #45
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizeemom4 View Post
Thanks for reading the report!

I saw Darth refuse to sign little girls' books when they handed him a Princess pen. He requested a plain one from his wrangler. What was his deal with your shirts?
The kids received these awesome shirts as part of the Big Give.
Darth Vader and Darth Maul were in full character mode and did not want to have anything to do with my kids. Darth Maul even saw my kids at the parade and looked right at them like he remembered them. It freaked the kids out. The Rebels totally loved my kids. Chewbecca was so excited when he saw my kids. He was suppose to leave but came right down to them in their wheels chairs it was amazing.

Sorry I have to mess with C's face he is not legally adopted yet and you are not suppose to post his picture online
You can see from the look on Ella's face he was in Character mode.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: