Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #16
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilferk View Post
Seriously??!!

You're going to leave us with THAT cliffhanger??

Subbed.....
Welcome. I hope that you enjoyed the next chapter!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #17
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
OMG! You can't leave me hanging there!!

I seriously don't know how you didn't spill the beans when your DS came to you about the extra $200. That would've broken me right there!

Great job packing without anyone noticing. My dog has suitcase anxiety too. We have to do all our packing in the basement.
Hi. I posted the next chapter. I hope you enjoy it!

It's silly what lengths we go to for our dogs, huh?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #18
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_chloee View Post
Hi there! bizeemom4's DD here. Just needed to show bizeemom4 that yes, mother, I am indeed reading your trip report, and I am fascinated. Lol keep the posts coming mom!
Welcome, DD. Hope you enjoy reading about my trip. Now that school's out, you should be in need of something to keep your mind occupied.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Here are the pics from the parking garage.

Group shot before I told them -

And after -

Old 06-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #20
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

A Bad Check-in

It was announced that the flight is not full so you can spread out a little. Guess what that means. The first half of the plane is 1 person planted in each 3-seat section. Even though we are A passes, we end up near the back of the plane for 3 seats together. Not cool when you know the flight will be arriving late in the evening and you want to race off of it to the Happiest Place on Earth. I didn’t pay attention to how the rest of the plane was loading but I remember hoping that we wouldn’t have to take off with all the weight loaded in the back half of the 737.

My amazing friend from work had gone with me on a trip to Border’s and found the boys a book ON CLEARANCE called “Obsessed with Star Wars.” It has 2,500 trivia questions with pictures and information from all six movies. I had it packed in the backpack and after we were seated, I gave it to them. They loved it! Seriously I think they were just as excited about this book as the trip!

I also bought the first two Kingdom Keepers mystery books but that was rejected. They wanted to share the SW book. We read our books for half the flight and then we all tried to sleep a little before we landed. Nick was seated in the middle and he curled into me and napped. He’s way too old for me to hold and rock to sleep on a normal day so flying late at night is my only chance to cuddle him and pretend he’s still little. I didn’t sleep - I just closed my eyes and tried to conserve my energy. We had miles to go before we slept tonight.

We landed 11 minutes early and quickly bounded down the escalators to Magical Express. The CM’s at the bus podium had no problem taking my baggage claim tickets and reminded me that I wouldn’t get the luggage until tomorrow. We’re cool with that! Let us pass.

We are on the bus and backing away from the airport when I spy some folks from our flight trying to hurry thru the lines with all of their luggage. I admit that I took a small bit of pleasure in knowing that we didn’t have to do all that heavy labor. Things are going well already!

A very blurry picture with the movie screen playing and the Welcome To sign in the background. I take a picture of the Welcome To sign every single trip. Why? It's not like they change it!

I did the online checkin and have expectations of having an as-always amazing room waiting for me. The bus stopped at Pop first and I burst thru the doors making a B-line for the Online checkin line. Here’s when I commited my second Disboard sin. I rejected the room that was assigned to me. Building 7, 2nd floor! Eww. That’s a million miles away from the food court and buses. I ask if there is anything else available and she said no. "Oh. That’s just so far and I’m here by myself with the kids." Hmmm. Just a moment. Checking Checking. It seems that there is a 3rd floor lake view room in building 5. That’s what I had in my room requests - I’m sure they were confused and holding it for me and just forgot.

We find the room easily but none of the keys work. WHAT?! No way. BACK we go to the front desk. We now have to wait in the regular checkin line. I explain what happened and that I had JUST checked in. She disappears in the back and comes back with keys that I’m told will work. We head back to the room again. Can you imagine what this ordeal would have turned into had I brought the luggage with me instead of waiting until the next morning? I would have died! Fortunately, the second go-round with the keys worked! Even the Stacy channel works!

Tomorrow (er, the day that begins in 35 minutes) will be Star Wars Saturday. But I goofed up this time and didn't get park tickets. Concierge desk is closed. No way to purchase theme park tickets. Unfortunately, we wish to arrive at Studios tomorrow verrry early to get autograph fast passes. From what I have been reading, they scan your park ticket when they give you a wristband. How can we do that if we arrive without tickets? I decide to head out to Magic Kingdom with the boys to buy tickets there (they are open til 2 am!) and maybe get a little bite to eat then straight to bed!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #21
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

I am loving your TR. I an also a mom of 4 kids, though my kids are on the young side, the oldest being 9.

We were there around the same time you were and also stayed at Pop. We left florida at about 9pm on June 3rd so we probably passed by each other in the air.

Can't wait to read your TR and see what stars you saw at SWW!!!

Old 06-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #22
msylvester01
OCD on WDW

I love the way you told your boys. That's awesome!!!

Me (Marie) , DF (The Bruce)
Old 06-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #23
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Oh my! You got into your room after packing, working, travelling all day, at 11:30 and THEN went to MK to buy tickets?! Wow! The things we do for kids!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

You are GOOD!!!
It had to be so hard to keep the secret. We made a countdown calendar for my kids but we had it set up with us leaving on friday but we really left on tue
Can't wait to read more.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #25
DisneyMissy318
DIS Veteran

I am worn out and I'm just reading! LOVE that you held out and got your Secret Keeper badge ~ especially after the comment your Son made! I bow - I would have broke under the pressure!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #26
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in! I cannot wait to hear more!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #27
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

Hello to Disney World

We needed tickets and dinner. That’s all. Shouldn’t take too long to accomplish that. We head out to the bus stop and I'm running after the boys snapping pictures with my iPhone.

We step onto a bus that pulls up to the Magic Kingdom stop. We are confused because it says Hollywood Studios on the marquee but the driver says that yes, he is going to Magic Kingdom. As soon as we sit down, he pulls away and we are off on a private bus ride to Magic Kingdom.

We tell the driver that we just got off the plane! Bus driver was cheerful and chatty. He begins shouting out trivia to us.
What’s the world’s biggest parking lot? TTC? No. I can’t remember what he said.
What’s the world 2nd largest parking lot? TTC.
What’s the world’s 4th largest parking lot? Epcot.

And so it went all the way to Magic Kingdom.

We arrive at MK and make our way walking against the tide of tired tourists leaving for the evening. I look around and realize that there are no windows at which to buy park tickets. WHY did I never notice this before? I have picked up Will Call party tickets before and I guess I thought you could buy park tickets there as well? All the windows are closed. I ask a security CM at the bag check where I can buy park tickets. "I'm sorry. You can't buy them. Everything is closed." No way! He confers with another security CM who says you can probably buy them at the ticket machine over there - gestures towards the ATM style machine by Will Call. Wow. And I'm even wearing glasses!

I had brought two leftover one day tickets that I had wanted to use towards my ticket costs. But with everything closed, there is nowhere to stick the leftover tickets to get credit. I pay for 3 2-day base tickets for now, a sum exceeding $500 is promptly withdrawn from my bank account (CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!) and we are granted access to the park. I figure that I can use the credit on the one day ticket tomorrow when I upgrade the tickets.

It is now after midnight and I ask the CMs at the gate if this counts as using my ticket on Saturday or Friday since it's now Saturday. They respond quite emphatically that even though it is Saturday, the ticket counts as using it yesterday. Sounds like Mickey math to me but whatev.

Here we are ready to Make Memories and grab some food quickly and leave so that we can get to bed.

I really do apologize for this picture. I was going on my 20th hour of this day.

Well, we are already in the park and we just arrived on our vacation. It wouldn't hurt to pick ONE ride (not a Mountain) on our way to get something to eat. Right?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 PM   #28
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

No freaking way

The boys agree to ride POTC and we request to wait for the next boat to get the front row. I told her that we had just walked off the plane and wanted to make our first ride special. I felt like she thought I was lying just to get the front seat. Maybe she was tired because it was late but I wasn't dazzled by her Disney magic. There was no line so I really don't know what harm it was in waiting 30 seconds.

We enjoyed our ride and then decided Peco's Bills would be a good first dinner. We arrive to the site of CMs mopping floors. They are closed. "What is open?" we ask and we are told Cosmic Ray's all the way in Tomorrowland and the ice cream place in Fantasyland are our choices. Ice Cream is half the distance to Cosmic Ray's so we head over there. We ordered a Fudge Brownie Sundae and a Strawberry Shortcake Sundae and three waters (nice dinner huh?).

Unfortunately, while they are making the first sundae, my room key card is declined. She swipes it again and it isn't working. The supervisor comes over and he tells her (and me) that I am over my credit limit on the room key. Pretty sure that isn't true because I JUST GOT HERE AND HAVEN'T CHARGED ANYTHING YET! I use my VISA card to pay and tell them that I just arrived and have already had so much trouble at Pop with my room keys. I felt like I was on the edge (probably from frustration and exhaustion) while I was talking. They must have felt sorry for me because the second sundae that they handed me had 6 pounds of ice cream on it. It was the biggest 'single serving' sundae that I've ever had. It was so heavy. Thanks for feeling sorry for me! The three of us split our ice cream and even after 1 in the morning, the air is so warm that it starts melting everywhere! We ate it as fast as we could and then found a bathroom to scrub off the super sticky hands. Let's go. Oh wait. Goofy! There's only one other family in line so we took a quick picture with Goofy and head to the buses.

We get back to the room......As I'm typing this and reliving it, I feel so angry and panicked. This was really a horrible thing for our first night at Disney but we were definitely Making Memories......We get back to the room so tired and ready for bed. We try a room key and YOU GUESSED IT! It didn't work. We try the other two and the boys who are asleep on their feet are really unhappy about having to walk all the way back to the lobby. It is 2:30 in the morning when I get in the line. Yes. LINE. I waited 20 minutes to speak to one of the two CMs working at the desk. I was holding back tears and my temper as I explain that this was the.third.time.that.I.have.been.here.in.4.hours. My card was declined at the park. Look at my boys asleep on the couch! I point them out to the CM:

We are supposed to get up in 4 hours to go to Star Wars Saturday (an event that I paid extra to upgrade my plane and park tickets to attend remember). It took another 10 minutes to determine that when they reset the keys the second time, they never added my credit card which is why I couldn't charge on the room. She tells me that the keys will work for tonight but in the morning, I need to come back because she can only reset them for now. Are you kidding? No way. I ask for the phone number of the front desk. If these suckers don't work this time, I will be calling and someone will be coming to meet me and unlock my door. I will not drag those poor, sleeping boys back to the lobby again. No freaking way.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #29
jc040404
DIS Veteran

de-lurking & subbing

Oh my! What a rotten start to your trip! It almost feels like I'm living our most recent Pop stay as I read what happened though. We checked in on June 12th and went through sooo many of the same issues! It took FOUR different sets of cards and THREE hours with GS before they got it right! I hope you have better luck straightening things up soon. Your poor boys look exhausted!

Looking forward to the rest of your TR!
Old 06-24-2011, 07:01 AM   #30
bizeemom4
DIS Veteran

No Wake Up Call

I had changed my mind days ago about meeting DSis first thing tomorrow (er, Saturday) morning. With the Star Wars Weekend fast pass distributions happening so early in the morning, I thought we could start there, pick up our fast pass and then bus over to Magic Kingdom to surprise my sister. I thought if everything went well, we might be done with Studios well before 9 a.m. and make it to MK by park opening.

As you can see, things are not going well. IF I had known how tonight would have gone, we would have ordered a Disney pizza for delivery, showered and gone to bed. It looks like we did all of the work to obtain the tickets to arrive early for nothing as there is no way that we are going to be able to turnaround to start over in 4 hours. I know if I was here by myself that I could but these are children. I will not do that to them. I already feel horrible that they are so tired and sleeping on the couch in the lobby! Great parenting there huh?

So we find ourselves walking back to the room from the lobby praying that these keys work. And they do. Think positive - we now have the walk from lobby to room and back memorized.

They crawl into bed. I cancel the already set 6 a.m. wake up call and tell them that we will do what we can tomorrow and you guys wake up when you wake up.

It's good that Pop doesn't have free wi-fi or I would have unleashed a torrent of hate and all of Disboards would have shared in my live report about how my used to be perfect hotel has let me down.

Last edited by bizeemom4; 06-25-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: