Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #16
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Joining in for your Cedar Point fun. Now I've got to go back and read all of the details.
Hi Lisa!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #17
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

DH and I haven't been to Cedar Point in many years, we used to go every couple of years or so and have stayed at the Breakers and have taken our camper down. But last year and this year I checked prices and I just don't want to pay what they're charging to stay in any of their hotels, or even the campground. We're not thrill riders, so don't ride all that much. I guess I'd rather just wait and do Disney again in a few years.
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #18
chskover
Mouseketeer

My daughter, her boyfriend and I went to Cedar Point in Oct 2007. I had put on a lot of weight since my last trip there. I was asked to get off the Millennium because I couldn’t buckle the belt. That was the most humiliating experience. We had a trip planned for Disney 2 months later and I stressed the whole time that I wouldn’t be able to ride the rides. Not a problem with Disney. We plan to go back sometime this year to Cedar Point, and I will actually be able to ride all the rides this time. The great thing about Cedar Point is being close enough to go any time. That is why I want to move to Florida! I would rather be closer to Disney.

2014 BWV
2013 AllStar Sports, 2012 POR Riverside;2012 POP/CBR; 2011 AKL/BLT; 2010 AKL/OKW; 2009 SSR; 2009 POP; 2008 SSR; 2007 FW Cabins; 2001 Allstar Music; 1999 CBR; 1996 Offsite
1979 Yogi Bear Campground
chskover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
DH and I haven't been to Cedar Point in many years, we used to go every couple of years or so and have stayed at the Breakers and have taken our camper down. But last year and this year I checked prices and I just don't want to pay what they're charging to stay in any of their hotels, or even the campground. We're not thrill riders, so don't ride all that much. I guess I'd rather just wait and do Disney again in a few years.
It is pretty high. My SIL used to take her son every year for a few days. He's autistic and CP was one place he really loved. But it got to be too much and now they don't go, and he's too big for the kiddy rides now, so he doesn't like it so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chskover View Post
My daughter, her boyfriend and I went to Cedar Point in Oct 2007. I had put on a lot of weight since my last trip there. I was asked to get off the Millennium because I couldn’t buckle the belt. That was the most humiliating experience. We had a trip planned for Disney 2 months later and I stressed the whole time that I wouldn’t be able to ride the rides. Not a problem with Disney. We plan to go back sometime this year to Cedar Point, and I will actually be able to ride all the rides this time. The great thing about Cedar Point is being close enough to go any time. That is why I want to move to Florida! I would rather be closer to Disney.
I put on a LOT of weight when I had Claire. We went to Disney in 07 and I still hadn't lost any. I worried too, but we were fine. The worst thing was they kept trying to put the 3 of us in everything together and some things...like Dumbo, just don't fit 3, when one is the size of Dumbo! I have lost some now, but still need to lose 30 more...that just doesn't want to budge!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #20
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
We stay at Camp Sandusky.. its only a couple minutes up the back roads. Really reasonable. It has a pool. Nothing major but a nice place.

I was just at Cedar Point on the day before you OP.. We were there with school. We are heading back there tomorrow for my boys to run the 1st ever 5k on Sunday!

I compare everything to Disney. Now my husband compares everything to Cedar Point! Everyone in my family is a thrill seeker!! Lovin your TR.. Its great! Your daughter is beautiful!!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #21
DeluxePrincess
Humming the Farm Town song...

Great pictures! My DD always chooses to ride the white rabbit on the carousel too. I remember going to CP when I was 6 and loved those midway games! They used to have this room called Fascination where you roll these balls to try to get 5 in a row or something. I was obsessed! I saved up quarters all year for that place. Sadly, they took it away to make room for a restaurant.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #22
stevenpensacola
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits...
I'm 43, married, with three kids, and I watch SpongeBob SquarePants
Someone has to die to get me to wear a tie

I'm liking the photos, but I'm not digging the large red font of the text...is very hard to read...normal size, black text is much easier to read. Thanks.

Glad you had a nice time.
stevenpensacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #23
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Leafs View Post
We stay at Camp Sandusky.. its only a couple minutes up the back roads. Really reasonable. It has a pool. Nothing major but a nice place.

I was just at Cedar Point on the day before you OP.. We were there with school. We are heading back there tomorrow for my boys to run the 1st ever 5k on Sunday!

I compare everything to Disney. Now my husband compares everything to Cedar Point! Everyone in my family is a thrill seeker!! Lovin your TR.. Its great! Your daughter is beautiful!!
We used to go on school trips too. I compare everything to Disney now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxePrincess View Post
Great pictures! My DD always chooses to ride the white rabbit on the carousel too. I remember going to CP when I was 6 and loved those midway games! They used to have this room called Fascination where you roll these balls to try to get 5 in a row or something. I was obsessed! I saved up quarters all year for that place. Sadly, they took it away to make room for a restaurant.
Yes! I never played, but I know what you are talking about. It now had Johnny Rockets there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenpensacola View Post
I'm liking the photos, but I'm not digging the large red font of the text...is very hard to read...normal size, black text is much easier to read. Thanks.

Glad you had a nice time.
Sorry. I don't use black for my TR's I use blue for Disney and a form of red for my non disney stuff. I only go up 1 size too, it's easier for me to read that way
Old 06-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #24
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Read It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed.

While in line I took a shot of the needle/pencil…what ever you call it. I know there is a real name but we have always called it pencil or needle. LOL
LOL - It's the Space Spiral!

I caught the remaining part from your blog. Can't wait to read the rest here!

In advance - Olaf is one of Snoopy's brothers from the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm. He wasn't in the comic strip very often. He's roly poly and too cute! Only Spike, the scraggly one from the desert with the hat and whiskers was featured somewhat regularly.
Beth D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #25
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Hey Jen! Your pictures just keep getting better and better! I admit that I was so enthralled with the photos that I haven't even read the story yet! Going back now to read, but just had to tell you how great you did on the pictures. They are REALLY excellent. The colors in all of them just pop! So pretty!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #26
GinnyEmma
DIS Veteran

i love CP and your pictures!! Thank you for sharing them.
GinnyEmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #27
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
LOL - It's the Space Spiral!

I caught the remaining part from your blog. Can't wait to read the rest here!

In advance - Olaf is one of Snoopy's brothers from the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm. He wasn't in the comic strip very often. He's roly poly and too cute! Only Spike, the scraggly one from the desert with the hat and whiskers was featured somewhat regularly.
Thanks for reading my blog. It's good to know that someone is. I kind of remember that about Olef now. Not exactly his name, but that Snoopy had brothers. I should've bought him, he was so darn fluffy and cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Hey Jen! Your pictures just keep getting better and better! I admit that I was so enthralled with the photos that I haven't even read the story yet! Going back now to read, but just had to tell you how great you did on the pictures. They are REALLY excellent. The colors in all of them just pop! So pretty!
Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyEmma View Post
i love CP and your pictures!! Thank you for sharing them.

Thanks for reading along!
Old 06-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #28
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I took a few pictures of the area while Claire tried to figure out what to ride next.

We rode the jeeps next. I had to sit in the backseat…..and of course no picture taking.

Claire decided to do some space shooting.

While Claire was ridding the galaxy of Aliens, which by the way are Peanuts Character Aliens, so probably talk like this…...mwah mwah, mwah mwah mwah, mwah mwah ,mwah waaaaah! I took a few other shots.

Claires next choice was the Balloons.

The guy in the background looks like he is doing some kind of Praying Mantis move….LOL! I know he’s just putting his backpack on, but it looks kind of funny.

And while I waited, another angle of the Ferris Wheel and a few other random shots.

Claires ride was finishing up then.

We decided to head out of that area and take a look in the Snoopy Gift shop near by.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #29
czycropper
DIS Veteran

Thanks so MUCH for the TR.

We leave for Cedar Point in 7 days 12 hours & counting.....

This will be our first time there and I'm hoping that the long range weather forecast is not right and it doesn't rain. We're driving from Central New Jersey and my DDs can NOT wait to ride all the coasters, heck so am I and my DH

Thanks so much for the hint about going the speed limit

1972 - 1975 - Offsite; 1976 - Contemporary; 1977-1988 - Off site; 1992 - POR/Swan; 2004 - Poly Concierge; 2005 - off site; 2008 - 6/22-6/26 @CBR for dance with Disney Magical Music Days
2009 - 5/22-27 - quick trip to Discovery Cove & Busch Gardens
2011 - WWoHP

Non-Orlando trips
2006 - Colorado
2007 - Caribbean
2010 - Galapagos
2012 - Cedar Point/Holiday World/Hershey Park/Great Adventure/Dorney Park - aka "The Great Roller Coaster Vacation"
2013 - England & France
czycropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #30
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow - I used to go to CP every summer when I was growing up - it sure has changed! We did take the kids there a couple of years ago and had a lot of fun doing all the thrill rides.

Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip!
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: