Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #46
snowwhitenyc
Mouseketeer

SayHello -- yes, a cab to and from GKTW can be a little pricey. I am picking up some folks from Pop on Friday morning and there is room for one more in my car -- would be happy to have you join!

Alternatively, what time are you scheduled to volunteer on Thursday? I am sure I am headed over there at some point and I could easily swing by Pop Century.

Let me know if I can help!
snowwhitenyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #47
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhitenyc View Post
SayHello -- yes, a cab to and from GKTW can be a little pricey. I am picking up some folks from Pop on Friday morning and there is room for one more in my car -- would be happy to have you join!

Alternatively, what time are you scheduled to volunteer on Thursday? I am sure I am headed over there at some point and I could easily swing by Pop Century.

Thanks so much. I'm scheduled Thursday from noon to 9pm. That's part of the problem, getting done so late. I'd really like to join the group, but I hate to leave GKTW short on Thursday (but I guess they're already short on Friday?)

I'm not sure why I'm so conflicted about this! Since you volunteer there so much, do you have a feel for how they'd feel about me switching?

Thanks,
Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #48
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

OK, so I called back to GKTW, and spoke to a different person, and she was totally cool with me switching to join you guys on Friday. So I would very much like to take you up on your offer of a ride for Friday from Pop. I'll PM you my contact info.

Thanks!
Sayhello
Old 12-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #49
snowwhitenyc
Mouseketeer

Great! Yes, you are very thoughtful to be concerned about switching shifts...but after spending some time there, I see it happens ALL the time.

Giving several days' notice is fine -- the only real problem comes when people call at 7:15am to say they won't make it that day for their 7:30 shift. That becomes problematic. But your Thursday shifts will just go back into the pool and I'm sure someone else will pick them up!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #50
DisMullins
Disney is my guilty pleasure

Quote:
Hey so is there still room for me and my mother? I've been swamped at work this week and now with finalizing everything to leave tomorrow, I haven't been on here to communicate with you! I just saw the other post about a taxi...ouch! That's mighty high for a cab fare. But I really want this experience and will do what it takes If we can still work it out, I'll PM you my digits, as we fly out in the morning.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." -Walt Disney
DisMullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #51
DisMullins
Disney is my guilty pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSWJan78 View Post
I will have my DIS shirt on and have a few extras... Let me know if you want me to bring 1 for you( they are large and xl). I have a cute large ladies shirt that does not fit me anymore you are welcome to keep if anyone wants it.
I'd love to borrow one (or two)! My mother and I are new to the DIS gang, this being our first event! We'd prob have a LG and XL? Just whatever you have. That would be awesome!! We had signed up before this group got together so we are at the Carousel in the a.m. then Katie's Kitchen in the p.m. but I want to come see the group!

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." -Walt Disney
DisMullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #52
snowwhitenyc
Mouseketeer

Hi DisMullins -- yes, you were the "other folks" I was referring to! Will call you and SayHello today to coordinate!

Looking forward to seeing you and others tomorrow
Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #53
evildiva
Reading "Twilight Series" has produced unhealthy expectations in men.

Just wanted to thank NikkiBell for organizing this. What a great time! I highly encourage anyone who is thinking about going to GKTW to volunteer to do it. We had an amazing time! THe tour was very enlightening as well.

June 1990 Grovsners, April 1995 Magic Music Days (Kissime), April 1997 Magic Music Days (Kissime), July 1997 Cocoa Beach, May 1999 Daytona, November 2005 Pop Century, Apirl - May 2007 Pop Century, September 2008 Pop Century, April 2009 Pop Century (solo), October 2009 All Star Sports (solo), December 2009 Pop Century, April 2010 Pop Century 30th B-Day Trip, October 2010 Pop Century, December 2010 Boardwalk Inn/Podcast Cruise/Beach Club, October 2011 Pop Century, December 2011 Pop Century Solo Disapalooza, November 2013 Pop Century Jingle Jungle 5k, Sept/Oct 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter

evildiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #54
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Tobi - Can you please post the group photo.. I would love to see it.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #55
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildiva View Post
Just wanted to thank NikkiBell for organizing this. What a great time! I highly encourage anyone who is thinking about going to GKTW to volunteer to do it. We had an amazing time! THe tour was very enlightening as well.
I totally agree with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSWJan78 View Post
Tobi - Can you please post the group photo.. I would love to see it.
Here you go:

This was such a fabulous experience! I highly recommend it to everyone!

Sayhello
Old 12-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #56
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I am so glad that everyone had an enriching experience. I second that it is a great thing to do during a trip and would recommend it to all.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
give kids the world, gktw, make a wish, volunteer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: