Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #31
snowwhitenyc
Mouseketeer

Sure, that's no problem! No gas money required, it would be my pleasure! We can coordinate as it gets a little closer and see if anyone else wants to jump in.
snowwhitenyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #32
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

3 weeks from today!!! Does anyone need a ride?!?
TSWJan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #33
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that this is the final list of volunteers. All of the below applicants have returned the appropriate paperwork and are on the schedule:

Daniel A.
Elizabeth A.
Katherine B.
Cristen C.
Tara D.
Destiny M.
Mary Anne M.
Marie S.
Diana V.

Please check this thread prior to your leaving for DAP so you have specifics about arrival procedures.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #34
Dian-er
Mouseketeer

gktw

I may not be able to go, I didn't realise that the 9th is a Fri. If I'm back to work, which I hope is the case, I won't have the PTO time to take off. I used it all when I fell & crushed a vertebra in my back, have been out on short term disability. I'll keep you posted, see the Dr Wed am & will have a better idea of my status.
Dian-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #35
Mouse Skywalker
The Force is strong with this Podcast Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dian-er View Post
I may not be able to go, I didn't realise that the 9th is a Fri. If I'm back to work, which I hope is the case, I won't have the PTO time to take off. I used it all when I fell & crushed a vertebra in my back, have been out on short term disability. I'll keep you posted, see the Dr Wed am & will have a better idea of my status.
Just wanted to wish you well on your recovery Diana!

2010 WDW Half Marathon; Mickey's Halloween 5K; Wine&Dine Half Marathon
2009 WDW Half Marathon; Muddy Buddy Orlando 2008 Inaugural Exp Everest Chall
2007 Marine Corps Marathon 4:28:50 PR (Thanks again WISHers!)
2007 WL WDW Marathon 5:05.08 (Thank you WISH Racing Team!)
Mouse Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #36
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Ouch, Diana, that doesn't sound like any kind of fun. I hope you're well on the road to recovery!

XO
Liz

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #37
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Hi Diana,

I already responded to your second PM and took you off of the schedule, as requested. I look forward to seeing you on Saturday at the HP event! Hugs!

Follow Me on Twitter

2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 12-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #38
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Hi All,

Things are getting close! Please check the first post in this thread for an important update. If you have any questions, please PM me or leave them in this thread. I will be flying in while you are volunteering, but can be reached before your shift begins. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to make this experience even more rewarding than I already know it will be!

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 12-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #39
TSWJan78
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

I will have my DIS shirt on and have a few extras... Let me know if you want me to bring 1 for you( they are large and xl). I have a cute large ladies shirt that does not fit me anymore you are welcome to keep if anyone wants it.
TSWJan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #40
ninecrayons
DIS Veteran

I am so excited to do this! I was so genuinely moved by what Pamela Landwirth said on the podcast from the cruise and from the video we saw before Cars 2. I think it's going to be amazing to have the opportunity to really give back.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

"and then the world, / which is round and has only / the colors of these nine crayons" - Margaret Atwood

ninecrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #41
bleukarma
Earning My Ears

I'm so sad I missed this volunteer opportunity for Give Kids the World. It would be great to go over there and give some of my time. I have a few things on their wish list that I have collected to take over. One day I will make it over there. Too bad I missed the chance to with some great people. Hopefully next time!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #42
snowwhitenyc
Mouseketeer

Hi Bleukarma,

I noticed that there are still 6 openings for the Gingerbread House on Friday morning (that's the shift that the DIS team is signed up for). If you're interested, GKTW might be able to process your paperwork quickly so you can join in. NikkiBell has been coordinating this so I don't want to speak out of turn...but if you would like to do it, maybe you can send her a PM and see if it is possible?

And if not this time, I'm sure there will be other opportunities! GKTW will always be ready to welcome volunteers
snowwhitenyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #43
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
I'm so sad I missed this volunteer opportunity for Give Kids the World. It would be great to go over there and give some of my time. I have a few things on their wish list that I have collected to take over. One day I will make it over there. Too bad I missed the chance to with some great people. Hopefully next time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhitenyc View Post
Hi Bleukarma,

I noticed that there are still 6 openings for the Gingerbread House on Friday morning (that's the shift that the DIS team is signed up for). If you're interested, GKTW might be able to process your paperwork quickly so you can join in. NikkiBell has been coordinating this so I don't want to speak out of turn...but if you would like to do it, maybe you can send her a PM and see if it is possible?

And if not this time, I'm sure there will be other opportunities! GKTW will always be ready to welcome volunteers
Are you interested? If so, PM me your first and last name. I'll contact GKTW and see if this is still a possibility being that there is room on the schedule there. Please let me know ASAP.

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 12-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #44
bleukarma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Are you interested? If so, PM me your first and last name. I'll contact GKTW and see if this is still a possibility being that there is room on the schedule there. Please let me know ASAP.
It's too late for me to get the day off work If I would've joined the boards earlier then I would've known about it and would be able to schedule time, but this close to Friday, I can't do it. Hopefully I will be able to join you guys in the future. I will keep my eye on this section of the boards.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #45
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

So I'm scheduled to volunteer at GKTW on Thursday (I'd committed to that way before this group opportunity came up.) I just got a call from GKTW, and the woman who called was kind of appalled that I was planning on taking a taxi from Pop Century to GKTW. She suggested Mears (they couldn't offer anything besides a town car at $47 each way or a taxi at $30 each way) or the bus. The bus sounded OK until I checked and it would take a minimum of 3 buses and almost 2 hours each way!

I'm wondering if I'm over thinking this, and should just switch to volunteering with you guys on Friday (if you'll have me!) and if there's room in a car with you guys. I was going to call them back (she gave me a direct number, although I didn't catch her name!) and see what they thought after I checked with you guys & saw what you thought.

So, what do you think? Honestly, I'd rather give the $60 to GKTW...

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

Last edited by sayhello; 12-06-2011 at 11:30 AM.
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
give kids the world, gktw, make a wish, volunteer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: