Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
tutti
Mouseketeer

After 8 years I've finally returned!

Who Me Tutti, my real name is Caina! My boo - Stewy - his real name is michael but we've called him this forever so it sticks, plus my brothers (Tylors dad) name is Michael so we don't wanna confuse ourselves! HA. , My mom and nephew Tylor ( who freakishly looks like our baby but i promise he's just my adorable nephew!)
what vacation!
Where All Star Movies
When March 5 - 10th
why I love Disney World!

This is my first trip report ever so bare with me! Here is the story, I haven't been to WDW in about 8 years and I was ITCHING to get back! Stew has NEVER been, what a deprived child, i know! Tylor was turning 3 and my mom thought it would be fun! Now before I went I didn't know about taking pictures of food and I am pretty disappointed I missed out on this! But I'm not too worried because I'm planning to go back early 2012 - there I will start with a pre trip report and go the whole 9 yards! It will only be me and stewy, (i believe the correct slag would be DB? for disney boyfriend.. someone please correct me if I'm wrong!) So I plan on exploring a bit more because I have been lurking the disboards and every other possible disney webpage for fun activities to do!

Anyway! Back to the point of this - WDW!

Day 1 - travel day & Magic Kingdom

We woke up early for our 715 flight, the airport is only like 15 minutes from our house so we didn't have to rush like maniacs or anything! I of course over pack everything so poor stew got the job of lugging our luggage, I packed us together, in three bags! Tylor was a breeze to wake up and was SO happy he was going to Disney World!
Back tracking! But before the trip he told everyone he talked to that he was going to Disneyland! (It drives me nuts because my mom calls it Disneyland when its not!) And he invited them all the come! We drove ourselves to the airport and I did online check in the night before so check in was relatively easy, for people who don't travel often. The airport is so small! We found our terminal, which is located within two feet of every other terminal and sat and waited. We decided against bringing a stroller and planned on renting one from Disney everyday, HUGE mistake. Take a small one, we ended up buying one the 2nd day in!

you cant see it here but those two seats are filled with my carry on bags! We ate airport food, Tylor got a pin from someone who worked there, and before we knew it we were boarding the plane and we were off! I forgot to mention! Tylor LOVES Toy Story and wears a cowboy hat and boots everywhere! Anyway, our flight was a quick 2 and a half hours

Tylor was up and down the entire ride! He was much better on the ride home!We got to MCO and rode the monorail to the A side, or the B side? I don't know, whatever side Jet Blue wasn't on!

theres a little bit of a better look of the boots and hat!

And omg! it is impossible for people who don't travel often to find the * Magical Express* But now we know and wont ever get lost again, or have to ask!We were shuffled down a long rope path with one other family and waited patiently to get on the bus, Like I said I haven't been in about 8 years but I thought we just saw the bus and hopped on!

Someone took a little nap!

Someone took a little nap! As I talked to a little girl and her mom who have never been! I swear the must have thought I was nuts because I was more excited than they were! Its been EIGHT YEARS!

The bus ride was boring and then we saw the gates! Not so good but its necessary! We made two or three other stops and we finally arrive at the All Star Movies! What a thrill! I normally would like to spend a bit more for a hotel but in this case we knew we wouldn't be staying in the room unless we were sleeping! Next trip we will most likely be upgrading! Check in is was okay the toy story room we wanted was not what we were given so we waited around as they called to find us a new room.. I was annoyed my mom was doing this, but I see why! If you don't ask you wont receive! So after waiting, we got our Toy Story room and it was ready! At 12pm! WOO!!

Our first sights!

We didn't know that when Disney get your luggage that it takes a few hours (*Good tip to know!*) So we were stuck in our airplane clothes, which was fine except stew was kinda upset because he was wearing gym shorts and a white tee! But he survived! I didn't take any room pictures so the next thing we did was eat at the World Premiere Food Court! & purchase our refillable mugs for our stay! Again I didn't take any food pictures & I don't remember what I ate here! Next we were off to the Magic Kingdom!

Tylors first ride without a car seat!

We stopped to rent a stroller, if you rent one pay for it on the first day, you'll save money. Now Tylor LOVES the Castle in all of the Disney Movies we've been watching with him and points it out every time so we were all so excited for him to see it! But Pluto was standing at the front on the park and thats when I realized we'd be standing in a lot of lines to meet a lot of characters in the next five days!
So as we were waiting in line over walks snow white, and Tylor lost it! He loves her LOL So he took off after her and it was perfect because Pluto had to "take a break" So stewy waiting in that line and we saw this...

and then we were back to this

and FINALLY my favorite picture as we turned the corner to head onto Main Street USA....

He was clapping and pointing! It was so cute, the Photo pass photographers got a picture but it wasn't as cute as this! So it looks like we walked up Main street and went to Fantasy Land but not before we stopped for a picture in front of the Castle!

We rode Snow whites scary adventure which I'm glad we did because with the new and improved Fantasy Land they are getting rid of it! Stewy and I used our fastpasses for Splash Mountain, his favorite ride! When we got home he decided he'll be building a log flume in the back yard! HA!

And then it happened! The Parade that comes every hour, Tylor was dancing and having a blast, and then we noticed.. WOODY!
It went from this..

Check out the kid in the stripped shirt gazing up at woody..

to this...

CRYING! Balling his little eyes our, for the longest time! We had to convince him that woody would be back and we would see him soon! Which we did! We ate at the plaza restaurant I believe my mom and I had burgers, Stew got a chicken sandwich, and Tylor got a kids meal that came with a salad!

I think we may have rode splash mountain again and wandered around, this was a Saturday and SO packed, I will never do that again!
One thing I wish I had a picture of was this... I had been talking about the Mickey ice creams for a while before our trip so I got one for stewy and I, Because mom and Ty had a dessert at dinner! So naturally Ty asked stewy for some so he gave it to him to try, when my mom saw she said "Give that back to stewy tylor" and he took as many bites as his little mouth could take before it was taken away! We died laughing! Then we watched the....

Mom and Ty went back to the hotel after and stewy and I rode some rides, climbed the tree house and of course rode Splash Mountain again and headed back to the room for a good nights rest!

Next Up! Epcot!

Last edited by tutti; 06-17-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
StephaniexMarie
Have a zip a dee doo dah day!

I'm loving your TR so far! Your pictures are really great. Little Tylor is so cute and I especially love the lipstick mark on his forehead from Snow White. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
Port Orleans Riverside (3/2012, 11/2012)
Polynesian Resort (11/2011, 7/2012, 3/2013)
Wilderness Lodge (7/2012)
Art of Animation (3/2013, 11/2013)
Saratoga Springs (7/2013)
Coronado Springs (11/2013, 1/2014)

Follow me on Instagram - stephaniexmarie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
tutti
Mouseketeer

Day 2

On day two we work up early, we all slept so good because of our LONG day yesterday! I believe stewy went down and got us some morning drink in our refillable mugs as us girls got ready. We all went down for breakfast together and I probably ate Mickey waffles! We were going to Epcot, I LOVE this park, even when I was younger I loved it. There was a looooongg bag check this morning so only one of us waited online, ME :D We of course got our stroller rental and it was conveniently located at a gift shop so tylor tried to take everything with us! We headed up and got in line to ride spaceship earth and once we got under that giant ball it started to pour! Lucky for us that was the only rain we had all trip! I didn't remember this ride from years ago but it was so cute how they take your picture like that! Anyway Stewy and I went to test track to get fast passes and the return time wasn't until after our dinner reservation, at 6 o'clock! I bought stewy and I mouse ears but he had a fit because it wasn't a hat! Don't worry because we found him a perfect hat later in the day! I didn't really know about the other rides in Epcot until recently because I was always more interested in the world showcase but we wandered around and decided to go see the characters

It was the flower and garden festival when we were there and boy were the displays beautiful! I don't have any pictures of that for some reason though! Moving along it was just about time for the World Showcase to open up and we were getting hungry! We booked it for Mexico because I love tacos! We went to La Cantina De San Angel for a quick service lunch and it was delicious! Funny moment * I got three margaritas for my mom stewy and I and said cheers guys! My mom went to get some condiments and tylor picked up his cup and said cheers guys! * It was so cute! The place we packed the moment we stood up someone was sitting down in our table! Well we went to explore mexico and I found the cutest shirt and hard carved purse and this is where we found the perfect hat!

we wandered around a bit more looking in shops, in China Ty loved the stick puppets! My mom tried to get him to nap so stewy and I ventured off and got stuck behind this!

So after we saw all of the things float through for illuminations we were strolling along and ran into these people!

so we stopped to smell some flowers

this may be my favorite picture from the entire trip

then I ventured off because I had a surprise for my mother! I was going to take her to pick a pearl! I've read so much about it and knew that she would love it so I was in and out looking all over for it, finally I bought our numbers and went to find her & Of course she loved it!

It is so cute how they welcome each pearl into the world, we looked for setting but I wasn't crazy about any so we still have our little pearls!

Tylor got a sombrero too! We had dinner reservations in Italy at Via Napole, where I thought my mother wanted to eat - she LOVES Italian food and last visit we ate at the OTHER Italian restaurant I didn't know there were two! But dinner was good we had some wine and then continues to walk around. He was still walking with his hands in his pockets!

Then something HORRIBLE happened! I dropped my camera in the UK and it broke! So I had to use my iphone for the rest of the trip! I don't have any pictures from the rest of the night but we got an ice cream, watch a little show, stewy and I rode test track FINALLY my mom and ty left the park before we did so we wandered around for a bit and then called it a night!

Next up! Animal Kingdom!

I'm not sure why my pictures are so big so if anyone can help with that please let me know!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
tutti
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaniexMarie View Post
I'm loving your TR so far! Your pictures are really great. Little Tylor is so cute and I especially love the lipstick mark on his forehead from Snow White. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.
Yay! Thanks for reading!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
tutti
Mouseketeer

Animal Kingdom & Downtown Disney coming up later!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
tutti
Mouseketeer

Todays the day we went to the Animal Kingdom. Tylor made a little girlfriend this morning As we waiting on the giant checkerboard game this cute little girl was poking her head out of the curtains and then came out to play.

We had breakfast at the resort and headed out.. it was really cloudy this morning but the weather said it would be sunny soon. We actually go to the park before it opened which was a first for us. We had to wait in lines to get in - I didn't see a 'rope drop' anything... I'm still trying to figure out what thats about! Tips would be lovely! Anyway - I have never rode Expedition Everest and was excited to! So we walked rather quickly to to the mountain. We got fast passes for later and then hopped on line. Both stewy and I LOVE this ride! As my mom and Tylor waiting for us they wondered where I got my adventurous side because my mom HATES roller-coasters. After our first ride we stopped to check out some monkeys just hanging around...

We were walking over to the Kilimanjaro Safaris and saw these friends we nearly no lines for autographs. By this point Tylor knew just what to do.. have autograph book out and open with the pen ready.

By this day he also got the hang of sitting calmly in his stroller. We didn't strap him in so he could get out and explore. We joked that he probably thought this was life now! We own a two family house and bring dinners up to the woman who rents above us and at the hotel he asked " We live up stairs now like Marsha?" It was too cute. We got to the safari and waited about 40 minutes to get on. Those lines have a funny way of make you think you're close and then you turn a corner to find another room! It was nice for most of the way to be able to have the stroller on line with us and there was an attendant waiting to check them for us. We hopped on and we're off. I remember being younger and getting so afraid on that bridge that rattles! It was still dark and chilly out so I think the animals were hiding - but we did see a few!

We walked over to Dino land and rode the TriceraTop Spin Ty rode with my mom and Stewy and I rode together. Then we tried to see Nemo but just missed the line. They told us to come back for the next show and gave us the times. We used our FP for EE and were in search for something to eat now. I believe we just grabbed something quick. I had a spring roll - SO good. Thats all I remember about eating. The sun was out and shining down so we got FP for Kali River Rapids - Stew was in for a real treat. We had awhile so we walked around to Camp Mini Mickey we decided we would try to wait and see the Lion King but there was over an hour wait for just the doors to be opened and people were all ready lining up. No thank you! Especially with a 3 year old! So we saw Thumper and Miss Bunny! We weren't really interested in the main 5 characters because we met them in Epcot the previous day. But meeting these two was probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. They were hugging and tickling Tylor it was so cute. My mom got a little worried because usually they rush you right along so she went up and said come on Ty and thumper hugged him as Miss Bunny shooed her away or vis versa. We had a good laugh.

Next we met chip and dale

We walked all the way back to try to get in to see Nemo again and MISSED IT! We were very upset. Then it was time to ride the Kali River Rapids. We hopped on the FP line and before we knew it we were boarding our raft... We were the only two outcasts in a family of ten i think but they were hilarious. It was mostly younger kids who were trying to stay dry and laughing when someone else got wet! Mom and Ty waited above the bridge to see us and Ty got upset because he wanted to be with Aunt Caina and stewy. Long story short - I was drenched so naturally I bought an entirely new outfit. This was the only day I decided to wear my sneakers so I bought myself a Mickey mouse tub top dress with watching flops. That I would only wear in WDW of course. More of a reason to go back. We sat down to watch the parade.. and then were told to move - then found out we were the last section to see the parade and decided to head back to the hotel to hit the pool before dinner Down Town.....
Old 08-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
sheri18
Mouseketeer

great job on the report, cant wait to read the rest...your nephew is adorable...we are going in sept. with our kids and grandkids...jackson 1 1/2 and kaila 2 1/2...i havent been in years too so I am so excited....my DH is not a big disney fan but is willing to go for the little ones.....horray....
Old 08-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #8
tutti
Mouseketeer

Downtown Disney - without a carriage!

After the pool we had dinner reservations at Capn' Jack's at this point we were used to people thinking Tylor was our son and telling us how cute he was! Or saying there daddy when Stewy was walking towards us. We decided we'd play along and pretend my mom was our nanny! I have no idea what we had for dinner or if it was good or not! I do remember the restaurant being less than full and happy we didn't have to wait to be seated! My mom LOVES ice cream and I have read rave reviews about Ghirardelli so I knew she would love it. That was our next stop! Of course it was packed but we found a table outside it was SO cold and of course I was not prepared for the drastic weather change! I ended up buying a new stroller for ty after our ice cream so we could all enjoy so much needed walking and shopping.

We weren't sure if you can rent a strolled at DTD or not?? Still not too sure about that..

Anyway, it was about $50.00 but it was a god sent because he preferred it over those hard strollers you can rent plus more storage room for our bags and such... I bought a sweatshirt and my mom and ty called it a night.

Stewy and I decided to stay and get some drinks here...

My wine was SO gross. But life went on... we walked into a hand rolling cigar place and stewy decided it was time to take up smoking them! That didn't last long because it was pretty gross but i got to take some funny pictures of him trying something new!

So glad he didn't pick that habit up!
We decided to go back to the hotel and have another drink at the pool bar and call it a night!

But not after we ran into this guy...

& this was for his mom - when stewy was a baby he carried around a mickey doll & called him dee...

Up next - Disney Hollywood Studios - am I the only one who is upset it isn't MGM?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #9
tutti
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri18 View Post
great job on the report, cant wait to read the rest...your nephew is adorable...we are going in sept. with our kids and grandkids...jackson 1 1/2 and kaila 2 1/2...i havent been in years too so I am so excited....my DH is not a big disney fan but is willing to go for the little ones.....horray....
Thanks for reading! It was SO much fun to see it through the eyes of a 3 year old & he still talks about going back! He noticed things we would never - like stopping to smell the flowers in Epcot! Hope you have so much fun!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:11 AM   #10
tutti
Mouseketeer

Finally my favorite ride! Pt 1

Day 4 - Disney's Hollywood Studios...

Today I was determined to get up and get to and get to the park at opening so I could ride my favorite ride - Tower of Terror! I was so excited to introduce stewy to it!

So we got up around 8 and made our way to the bus stop - after a quick breakfast in the hotel food court... We had to wait in line to get in because like yesterday at Animal Kingdom - we were early!

My mom and Tylor took it easy at the hotel for a while and would meet us later.

This is the first picture I have..

of course.

Once in we were practically running down Hollywood Boulevard to get there! We got our FP first of course and then hopped on. I of course had the time of my life but I'm not too sure stewy did as much! He laughed the entire time and said he stomach felt upset because he just had breakfast! OH NO! I told him I would use both of our fast passes when the time came and he refused. So we walked down the street to kill some time - I of course shopped.

* This is back tracking but I cannot believe I forgot to post what I was buying along the way during my days! I'll catch up on this later*

I found a great ring with turquoise stones & and big chunky bracelet that was just my style!

Then it was time to ride again so we got FP for RR and of course they were for way later in the day. We hopped on ToT and chose the other side - I think Stew may have enjoyed it more this time around..

By this time my mom and Ty were all ready calling and were entering into the park.

We met up with them and where else did we go.... Toy Story Mania! Tylor LOVES Toy Story & mainly woody. The line is so cute for our hour wait because all of the FP were gone by 1130 when we arrived...

But I felt like we were in a giant toy box!

My mom and I rode together and Ty rode with Stewy...
She beat me!
Next we saw the meet and greet across the street to meet Woody - a must since the poor kid cried so much on our first day when he left. First we stopped in a gift shop and my mom found him the cutest woody outfit for halloween and the kicking horse with a woody doll.
So we hopped on line & he was so good. Finally started to realize a lot of what we do is wait on lines

He hates this guy in the movie... once he was watching and sitting on stews back and when that thing came out he clenched his little legs together - sad yes, but we had a good laugh when he went to sleep.

I don't know if that movie works but it is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Next we were starving & ate at the ABC commissary for something quick & went back to the hotel for a swim in the pool.

Up next swimming & back to DHS!
Old 08-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #11
tutti
Mouseketeer

Up Next swimming dinner & fantasmic!!

Last edited by tutti; 08-07-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #12
tutti
Mouseketeer

Up Next swimming dinner & fantasmic!!
Old 08-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #13
LudwigVonDrake
Hello dere!

Just caught up on your TR, it's been a very fun read so far. I'm also pretty new to trip reporting, and just started my first one a couple days ago.

But, I have to say when you pointed out that you could use both of the FPs you guys collected for ToT, I had quite the revelation. I usually get motion sick, but my DF loves all the thrill rides (especially ToT, it's her favourite too). Getting two FPs and then letting her use both... I never considered that. Thank you for the idea!

Trip Reports: Proposing at the World

1982: Off-site / 1989: Off-site / 1994: Dolphin / 1996: DLR / 1999: Off-site / 2008: WL / 2009: DLP / 2010: DCL Magic / 2011: AKL / 2011: DCL Dream
Old 08-08-2011, 06:26 AM   #14
tutti
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigVonDrake View Post
Just caught up on your TR, it's been a very fun read so far. I'm also pretty new to trip reporting, and just started my first one a couple days ago.

But, I have to say when you pointed out that you could use both of the FPs you guys collected for ToT, I had quite the revelation. I usually get motion sick, but my DF loves all the thrill rides (especially ToT, it's her favourite too). Getting two FPs and then letting her use both... I never considered that. Thank you for the idea!
Thanks for reading! - It is def. a good idea to get 2 and let her use both especially because you can't get FP for both of you to get on another ride if she only gets one! I'll be checking out your TR I just saw the title and am so excited to read!

Congratulations on your engagement!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #15
tutti
Mouseketeer

Finally my favorite ride continued

We got pack to the park and decided to go for a swim... Tylor played in the kids pool & we all sat on a lounge chair - no way would I get in the big pool. It was jammed packed with kids you could hardly see the water. Ty had a blast playing and made some friends in the process. Mother did some laundry...

Then us big kids had a drink at the pool bar & then headed back our for our dinner reservations at Hollywood & Vine...
But my mom wasn't too thrilled with that idea so we decided to find another place, 50's prime time was booked solid but the Hollywood Brown Derby had room!

I know I had the tuna tartare appetizer and it was SO good. I don't remember what we ate for dinner but it was good!

After dinner we hopped on the HUGE line for fantasmic! Tylor, of course, needed a hat.

And then he slept - through the entire show! He would have loved it, but it was amazing with all that noise! We had to park the stroller so mom carried him.. But after the show was the really fun part - people were running to get out of the park so we joined them, made a dash for the stroller parking and searched like crazy, and continued running to the busses, knowing how long and crowded the wait would be if we didn't - it was hysterical because ty had woken up and we were running then I pushed the stroller ahead and stewy grabbed it and Tylor was just bouncing back and forth having the time of his life. We laughed for awhile...

That night stewy and I had some more drinks at the pool bar and fell asleep rather late.

But up next our last day in at Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: