Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

1 year anniversary, 8 days and too much food......June 2011...11/14 Last Day!

Hey all!

Me and DH just got back from a 8 day vacation at our favorite place, WDW! We are both sad to be back to reality, so I'm very excited to start this TR so I can relive our adventures.

Introducing your characters

Jenn (25) and Luke (31)
We have been married for one year and decided to go back to WDW to celebrate! This year we are staying at the Boardwalk Villas from June 5 to June 12!

So please come along with us on our adventures through the best place on earth!

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR

Last edited by shippedtosea; 11-14-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

I love that pic. You guys are a cute couple. i would love to hear about your tr. BTW, y'all look a lot younger than u say!!
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | OCT 15
ME(28)and DS(5)
Sept 14 TRSept14 Video

Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Hi! We were at WDW the week before y'all...at FW/CR. I've always wondered about the Boardwalk Villas...I'll be interested to see your thoughts about the resort and that particular area...hope you have lots of pics to share!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-15-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

You both look like you are having so much fun and that's only from my observation of your first pic! I can't wait to read all about your trip (you are an adorable couple so I am a fan already! - plus you stayed at my all-time-favorite resort - BWV!)

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-16-2011, 04:37 AM   #5
Soopafly
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading more and trying to stay caught up this time
Old 06-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
I love that pic. You guys are a cute couple. i would love to hear about your tr. BTW, y'all look a lot younger than u say!!
Aw thanks! Welcome! Haha...yeah I know we get that all the time...I also realized we look like 18 in that photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hi! We were at WDW the week before y'all...at FW/CR. I've always wondered about the Boardwalk Villas...I'll be interested to see your thoughts about the resort and that particular area...hope you have lots of pics to share!
Oh yeah? Did you have a good trip? You're in luck we take lots of photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
You both look like you are having so much fun and that's only from my observation of your first pic! I can't wait to read all about your trip (you are an adorable couple so I am a fan already! - plus you stayed at my all-time-favorite resort - BWV!)
Thanks!! and Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopafly View Post
Looking forward to reading more and trying to stay caught up this time
Thanks for joining!

December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
Old 06-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

had to come over and check it out because we were there just before you guys as well. Can't wait to read all about your adventures and see all those pics.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
had to come over and check it out because we were there just before you guys as well. Can't wait to read all about your adventures and see all those pics.
Oh thats great! Did you have a good trip? and Welcome!

I will start soon I just got thrown a lot of work of course right when I want to start my TR! so hopefully tonight or tomorrow!

Old 06-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
caaraa
Mouseketeer

You both happy.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:47 AM   #10
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Hey all! sorry it took me a while to start, things got a bit crazy.

Day 0

So I had to work the day before so I packed up all the bags

"Anyone seen a bunny?"
and headed to work early that morning. Leaving DH home sound asleep and having to pack up our kitty for her sleep over at "grandma's" (my mom).

So after work I headed to the train to head to my mom's because she was nice enough to drive us to the airport for our crazy early flight, 6:00 am! So..I get a call from DH while i'm on the train to tell me that he forgot his contacts at the apartment! so....this means that we have to go back to the apartment before the airport to get them......blah.

So 2:30am we are up and out ready to go. I slept about 2 hours...haha. So quick stop at the apartment contacts in hand and we are headed for the airport! Check in was super quick and easy...I would hope so being that it was like 4:30am..We headed and got some snacks to keep us going and waited for our plane.

So I am awful at taking photos on the plane so....I'm sorry. It was super uneventful.....I slept for like the whole ride and DH read "Behind the Magic". Before we knew it we heard music to our ears....we were landing!

We scooted through the airport and go on our first ride!

Then we followed the castles!

and we got in the line to go home!

Because it was like 8:00am in the morning they put everyone on one bus. so we all headed on...to a Meers bus dressed up with Expedition Everest pictures (I guess its better than the yellow one...) and I got super excited.

Soon enough we were seeing that beautiful sign.....which btw I could not get a picture of because we were way in the back! We stopped first at Pop then we were home at the Boardwalk!

We were greeted by a cast member and brought to check in! This really impressed us. There was no line at all so we got a choice of like 5 cm who all were like "Pick me!"

We checked in quickly, were given Anniversary pins! and told the magical words "Your room is ready!" We were very shocked and delighted. We grabbed our packet, bought our hopper tickets and then headed to find our room!

We were super close to the elevators, which I was worried about because that seemed to be a complaint.

Oswald's perch

and our view!

I really liked our room it was nice a spacious! I thought the color scheme was cute and welcoming.

So I'm gonna leave you all with that. Heres a hint for whats up later in the day

Last edited by shippedtosea; 06-23-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:30 AM   #11
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Great pictures! So this was a BCV studio garden view, right? Just curious...are you DVC owners or did you just want a studio instead of a regular room?....just being nosey...another question...do all rooms have balconies? I'm so not familar with the Boardwalk area...we are usually MK resort people...have 3 kids that MK and that's where they always want to stay. One day we will venture out

I see that y'all are going on a cruise! Us, too....we can hardly wait! Which boat are you cruising on?

Can't wait for more!

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #12
sbprincess
Mouseketeer

Hi! Just wanted to say that I'll be following along I read your dining report from your last trip a long time ago. (I knew you guys looked familiar when I opened your thread. Clicked on the dining report link and yep!, I'd read it ) I'm pretty sure I never commented though so I wanted to get in on this one!

I love seeing all of the different resorts in TR. I would love to stay at an Epcot resort one day. DH is hooked on the Contemporary though for now. I love it too but I would like to try something different. Maybe one day I can talk him into somewhere else.

Can't wait to hear about your whole trip!

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View * July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
Old 06-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #13
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Great pictures! So this was a BCV studio garden view, right? Just curious...are you DVC owners or did you just want a studio instead of a regular room?....just being nosey...another question...do all rooms have balconies? I'm so not familar with the Boardwalk area...we are usually MK resort people...have 3 kids that MK and that's where they always want to stay. One day we will venture out

I see that y'all are going on a cruise! Us, too....we can hardly wait! Which boat are you cruising on?

Can't wait for more!

Heather
Hey thanks! Yeah I believe it was a garden view. We actually rented the points from another diser. We got a studio because...it was cheaper All the rooms that aren't on the first floor have balconies, the first floor has like a deck. We had a hard time not staying at a MK resort....we love it very much but we wanted a change from our honeymoon so we choose BWV. It was nice because we could walk to Epcot and HS.

Yep! we are super excited. We are on the June 10th sailing of the Magic first Canada sailing!

Thanks for following
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbprincess View Post
Hi! Just wanted to say that I'll be following along I read your dining report from your last trip a long time ago. (I knew you guys looked familiar when I opened your thread. Clicked on the dining report link and yep!, I'd read it ) I'm pretty sure I never commented though so I wanted to get in on this one!

I love seeing all of the different resorts in TR. I would love to stay at an Epcot resort one day. DH is hooked on the Contemporary though for now. I love it too but I would like to try something different. Maybe one day I can talk him into somewhere else.

Can't wait to hear about your whole trip!
Welcome! thanks for reading our dining review! I might be doing one for this as well....just all in one (haven't decided......have to decide soon! haha)

You should def try a different area resort...it was a nice change...though...I don't think I'll convince DH to do it again he loves being right near the MK.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #14
Belle83
DIS Veteran

The room looks awesome! I would love to stay at Boardwalk some day.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:20 PM   #15
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
The room looks awesome! I would love to stay at Boardwalk some day.
You really should! We rented DVC points and saved so much money. It wasn't much more than if we stayed at a value!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: