Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

"Off the Map" Tour for D23 Members

Saw this today for anyone who is interested...

http://d23.disney.go.com/events/2012...d-off-the-map/

Includes a tour of Walt's Apartment, the Disney Dream Suite, and a ride on the Lilly Belle. And dinner and drinks somewhere mysterious...
"We will be meeting at 6 p.m. for a very special dinner (and drinks) inside one of the resortís most unique restaurants." Hmmm...sounds interesting!

A $250 a person, it better be Club 33!

I am pretty tempted because I would love to see Walt's Apartment and the Dream Suite! Tickets available February 9th.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
WestWind
Earning My Ears

I so want to participate in this, and I would ... but I won't be anywhere near there at that time..
WestWind is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
crazzeddisneyfan
Earning My Ears

This is sucks I want to go but Ill be there two weeks after the event. This really is worth the money, I wonder what gifts there will be hmmm. and I would die if it was inside Club 33. Thanks for sharing this ArchOwl l
Old 02-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
I am pretty tempted because I would love to see Walt's Apartment and the Dream Suite! Tickets available February 9th.
Those are two really special places to visit. Far harder than riding the Lilly Belle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
"We will be meeting at 6 p.m. for a very special dinner (and drinks) inside one of the resortís most unique restaurants." Hmmm...sounds interesting!

Eroding the exclusivity of being a member?

If it goes along with the theme Club 33 sounds possible. If it was so early eating in CCT of Carsland would be possible. Trader Sam's or the Chef's Table also come to mind.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
azdoughboy
Mouseketeer

Absolutely JACKED for this. I've been calling and calling Customer Service trying to get the wife to see inside the Dream Suite. Yeah it's pricey, but they have to make it that way for the exclusivity of it. I just hope we get tickets. I'll be devastated if not.

BC
azdoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Bummer. Not only a Tuesday, which makes it hard for us working stiffs. But a Tuesday when I'll be out at sea in the middle of a 10 day research cruise. Bummer.

-Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Well, I don't really think I can swing it, since it is on a Tuesday and I live 4 hours away. For sure DH can't do it. But it is still in the back of my mind, lol.

If anyone gets any new information when they call about where the dinner will be, etc. please let us know!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 and 2015 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

I'm thinking of taking me and my wife down there for a one-day trip from Seattle. We can get free flights with out credit card awards.

It would be an unforgettable experience. Just need someone to watch the kids for a full Tuesday!

Ethan

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, on DCL, and to Universal Orlando.

Florida residents since Sept. 2013. We live three minutes from the Magic Kingdom.
ethanwa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
At that price, I seriously doubt it would be at Club 33.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Would love to do this..I've already seen the apartment and done the Lily Belle on the ABD Backstage Magic tour (well worth the price btw!)I can only swing coming to town for a D23 event once a year, and I'm aiming for Destination D, but this one sounds great too. Hope someone goes and writes a TR!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
drag n' fly
Bucket list alert!!...Rode the Lilly Belle and dined at Club 33 on the same day with Dave Smith!!

A little OT when is the next D23 Expo?
drag n' fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #12
Club33forme
Mouse Wheels

I sure hope the undisclosed restaurant is not Club 33. To me it sounds like selling reservations. If so, Club 33's days are numbered. If I remember right Disney offered a Club 33 breakfast included with Adventure's by Disney so we will have to wait and see.
Club33forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

I'm going to guess it's not Club 33 but they want it to sound like it is to sell tickets. If the dinner is at Club 33, then the number of participants would have to be pretty small. I don't know what the target number is, but I would think greater than what Club 33 could hold? Since the information says that you meet back together at 6 for dinner, it could be just about anywhere on the resort (that serves drinks). That makes it sound like you do the tours etc at a different time than dinner.

It's hard to tell these days what may go on with Club 33. Lots of changes and a fair amount of ambiguity to it all.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #14
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 and 2015 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

It is hard to tell, but it has to be somewhere exclusive otherwise the D23 members who pay for this will be disappointed, based on the description.

Club 33 would be great, but it could also be an unopened eatery in Cars Land just for members. If it's just a standard restaurant that anyone can get into with a reservation, then it's really a letdown, considering the other "off the map" places are not regularly traveled (Lilly Belle is possible with the know-how, Apt is with a $2500 Adventures by Disney tour, etc).

Just remember.... the restaurant will most likely be "off the map". Any normal restaurant listed on the current map will NOT be where you eat.

I plan on trying to get tickets for me and my wife and we're going to go if we score.

Ethan

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, on DCL, and to Universal Orlando.

Florida residents since Sept. 2013. We live three minutes from the Magic Kingdom.
ethanwa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag n' fly View Post
A little OT when is the next D23 Expo?
We are thinking the next Expo will be in 2013 since they say they are every two years with a Destination D event in the off year. Somewhere I had heard that they were talking about Spring for the next one.

Our special dinner on our ABD Backstage Magic Tour was at that place in DCA that was like a food court when it first opened? Stage something..where they also had some food items at the last Food and Wine..but isn't that where the Tron arcade went? Or maybe they are taking that out since Tron is gone? Anyway..we had a really nice meal there and alcohol was served. I don't know that they could fit a group in Club 33 either..never been there but it doesn't look that big, and really, the price is low if that is what they are going to do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: