Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #1456
amichaell
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if the lazy river tubes cost extra?

Thank you!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #1457
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amichaell View Post

Thank you!
No charge. They are just sitting there for you to use.
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #1458
chuchujew
Earning My Ears

who should i go w/ booking bonnet creek for jun

Jus subscribed.

I am new to DISboard, been reading a lots of helping tips to book Bonnect Creek.
i am planning a trip for 6/8-16 to Orlando, and would like to stay at Bonnet Creek. Day is fixed as we already got ticket. I've been seeing lots of post that the agency will rebook you at the 60 days range ( if i remember the days correctly) don't quite understand how it works, can some one explain that.Why do they not want to make more money but help clients to rebook at a lower rate?
Anyway, i got a quote from vacation strategy for $1798 for a 3bdroom 8 nights stay at Bonnet Creek. Is it a good deal? Does anyone know if they will automatic rebook me for a lower rate for the 60 days range?
should i go ahead and book now or wait till march which everyone i talking about.

I also got a quote from Farrell, app $100.00 cheaper, who do you recommendate to book with.

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #1459
Mommydust
Earning My Ears

Buses and Fireworks

Okay - this is just a response to some recent queries.

BUSES. The bus system was terrific. We rented a car but only used it to go to Universal. The buses at WBC were prompt and the drivers were top notch. Buses run every half hour, except for a break early afternoon. They take you to EP, AK, HS and the TTC. We had no trouble EVER catching a bus.

FIREWORKS. We watched fireworks from the comp presidential balcony in tower 6... but they were at Epcot, not MK. While they were lovely, the duration is quite short. If you want a nice view, request a lake/pool view and forget the fireworks, regardless of which tower you stay in. (IMHO)
Old 02-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #1460
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how early the first bus goes to the parks? We are in a YES program that starts at 8:45am at Epcot, wondering if we need alternate transportation.
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
Old 02-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #1461
Invisable89
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
Your tea making skills probably outweigh your tea making explaining skills! LOL It was funny though and I had a good chuckle... ta!

The kettle I got at Wally World for camping was a real basic stovetop kettle and it was less than 10 bucks. I took a look myself, and the only one I could find similar was this one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Copco-Stai...ettle/14964923

You're right, it's been getting busier in October, but I think it's cause there's a lot of Brits there! LOL Don't you guys have a school break in October? Haven't been since 2003, but I remember it was like the British Invasion. LOL My husband added to that number

If October isn't hot enough for you, then certainly August will be a scorcher! Haven't been to Florida in the summer since the early 80's, but man it was hot! Could NOT go barefoot on the beach the sand was so bloody hot.

Hahaa you're welcome! Ohhh yes, that one looks cheap enough, not sure if my Dad would like a stove tea kettle - he prefers electric, we'll have to see nearer the time.

Yes, most UK School's get a week off during the last week of October (some private School's may get 2 weeks off however) so that's why you see an influx of Brits.

Oh my! Well my Dad tells us to always prepare for the worst so whatever it is doesn't seem so bad, so that's what we'll be doing for August 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
If you can handle the heat that's a great time to go. We love traveling anywhere in the southeast US during the week prior to Labor Day, because our schools up here don't go back until Sept but all the schools in that area start much earlier and the crowds (and prices) really drop.

I think we'll be fine, it's funny how most Brits we talk to who have been in August say it's bareable but American's who we talk to say it's absolutely awful! Us Brit's rarely get a summer only 2 weeks at most in a year if we're lucky so we couldn't be less used to the heat if we tried.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #1462
pam1969
Earning My Ears

Easter activities?

We just booked 4 nights over Easter

This is our first stay... can anyone tell me what special Easter events we shouldn't miss?

We'll be visiting Kennedy one day, DTD another, and taking it easy around the resort.

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #1463
mnorton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amichaell View Post

Thank you!

no cost

Old 02-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #1464
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam1969 View Post
We just booked 4 nights over Easter

This is our first stay... can anyone tell me what special Easter events we shouldn't miss?

We'll be visiting Kennedy one day, DTD another, and taking it easy around the resort.

Thanks!
I wouldn't plan on spending an entire day at DTD, even if you go to Disney Quest.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #1465
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
I wouldn't plan on spending an entire day at DTD, even if you go to Disney Quest.

Yeah, for us, DTD has always been a "night we get there" or "shopping morning before we leave" kinda thing. The stores go pretty quickly.

Unless you're planning on bar hopping/eating and spending a full day shopping, there just isn't *that* much to do there.

And don't get me started on how dissapointed I was with DQ.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #1466
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

My friends mom is renting us her 3br in August for 7 nights. Any tips or suggestions on BC? Never been here before as we usually stay on-site on the monorail.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:01 AM   #1467
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisable89 View Post
Hahaa you're welcome! Ohhh yes, that one looks cheap enough, not sure if my Dad would like a stove tea kettle - he prefers electric, we'll have to see nearer the time.

Yes, most UK School's get a week off during the last week of October (some private School's may get 2 weeks off however) so that's why you see an influx of Brits.

Oh my! Well my Dad tells us to always prepare for the worst so whatever it is doesn't seem so bad, so that's what we'll be doing for August 2013.

I think we'll be fine, it's funny how most Brits we talk to who have been in August say it's bareable but American's who we talk to say it's absolutely awful! Us Brit's rarely get a summer only 2 weeks at most in a year if we're lucky so we couldn't be less used to the heat if we tried.

Electric is the way to go, but if you're leaving it behind, it just seems a shame to spend so much more. But like most dads out there, they usually do what they want, not what we want them to do.

Sounds like a wise man

I've also been lucky enough to have spent time in your country and I know what you mean about no summer! Been there, done that, froze my butt off! I hope it's hot & sunny for you when you go.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #1468
kellyw8863
DIS Veteran

Good morning! I've read through most of the thread and looked through all of the photo thread, but I still have some questions/concerns about staying at BC. Our first trip to Disney was on a Wish Trip for our younger daughter. We stayed at Give Kids the World with one night at Animal Kingdom Lodge, so we are not freaky about staying off property.

1. We want this trip to be "perfect". Her Wish Trip was so amazing that it will be hard to top, but we think we can make it comparable. What is the atmosphere itself at BC? Is it friendly there, or is it just a "regular" resort?

2. I'm concerned about the helpfulness of the staff there. Ali's illness is serious and complicated, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that we could need an emergent trip to he hospital. I know Disney staff would go above and beyond to help everything go smoothly. Based on your experiences, would you assume that it would be the same at BC?

3. One of the downsides of staying at GKTW was its distance from the parks, which made it unrealistic that we'd leave for an afternoon break and return after dinner. We always said when we went back, we'd stay on property so we could come and go easily. The bus service at BC seems to get mixed reviews. Is it realistic to think we can rely on it to get back and forth easily? I know there are some restrictions in terms f schedule, and we are okay with that. Dd does use a wheelchair, but it fold like an umbrella stroller and she can transfer easily.

We are going with another family, so there will be four adults and four kids from eleven years old down to seven. We are looking at a four bedroom presidential. It really does seem like a good fit overall - I just want it to be an amazing week!

If you've read all of this, I really appreciate it!

Kelly

Maya (DD) - 9 Ali (DD - Wishkid) - 7

Old 02-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #1469
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyw8863 View Post
Good morning! I've read through most of the thread and looked through all of the photo thread, but I still have some questions/concerns about staying at BC. Our first trip to Disney was on a Wish Trip for our younger daughter. We stayed at Give Kids the World with one night at Animal Kingdom Lodge, so we are not freaky about staying off property.

1. We want this trip to be "perfect". Her Wish Trip was so amazing that it will be hard to top, but we think we can make it comparable. What is the atmosphere itself at BC? Is it friendly there, or is it just a "regular" resort?

2. I'm concerned about the helpfulness of the staff there. Ali's illness is serious and complicated, and it's not outside the realm of possibility that we could need an emergent trip to he hospital. I know Disney staff would go above and beyond to help everything go smoothly. Based on your experiences, would you assume that it would be the same at BC?

3. One of the downsides of staying at GKTW was its distance from the parks, which made it unrealistic that we'd leave for an afternoon break and return after dinner. We always said when we went back, we'd stay on property so we could come and go easily. The bus service at BC seems to get mixed reviews. Is it realistic to think we can rely on it to get back and forth easily? I know there are some restrictions in terms f schedule, and we are okay with that. Dd does use a wheelchair, but it fold like an umbrella stroller and she can transfer easily.

We are going with another family, so there will be four adults and four kids from eleven years old down to seven. We are looking at a four bedroom presidential. It really does seem like a good fit overall - I just want it to be an amazing week!

If you've read all of this, I really appreciate it!

Kelly
Hi Kelly! I completely understand wanting this trip to be special. We're in a similar boat that DD's last trip was during her wish trip. We didn't stay at GKTW as part of her wish was to stay with the princesses so our wish chapter arranged for us to stay at the Grand Floridian where Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty have their breakfast and Disney upgraded us to MK view so she could see the castle every evening. It was truly the most magical experience ever. I think the idea going in is not to try and match this trip to your last. There's no way the magic that excited in that last trip will ever be recreated.

As for BC, we're staying here this trip as well. We need to because my parents are coming and there's no way we could afford two disney rooms. The difference with us is that DD is in remission with no immediate medical necessities. I'm hoping someone else could answer you on how fast the Wyndham would be in such circumstances but honestly, I would think that Disney would respond much more effectively. I could be wrong tho.

As for buses, I've heard that the bus doesn't run mid day. That could really make it difficult to get back. That said, the taxis do run from all parks and TTC so you could do that route. BC is close to all parks except MK so the expense shouldn't be that high. Another option though would be to rent. We always rent when we go even on disney property because it gives us the flexibility of leaving whenever the children want or need to leave. We wait for no one, just leave when its time and return if we wish. There are some really great rental car rates out there (many can be found from mousesavers.com) and if you do stay at BC and save the expense of AKL, the extra cost of a rental may be worth it for the extra space. I expect you'd still be in money staying at BC and renting.

I highly recommend the daily breaks. We either do mid day break or just go until 3pm and then spend the rest of the day at the resort. The children can't handle all day every day. Are you planning on visiting GKTW? We've already looked into it and their view is once a wish child, always a wish child. We attended some of the events during DD's wish trip (our trip was arranged by GKTW even though we didn't stay on site there) and she really wants to go back so I called them and we're more than welcome to visit any time we're in Orlando. Our plan is to visit for half day and then head to DTD.

I haven't stayed at BC yet so I probably can't answer specific questions but we've been to WDW often so if you have any other questions, ask away.
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
Old 02-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #1470
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Wishing you & your families magical trips, Kelly and Joanne.

Does anyone have an idea what the cost of a taxi would be to the parks/resorts?

This might be a help to someone trying to make this decision....
Closed Thread