Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #1441
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPrincesses1stTrip View Post
Hi everyone! I've been reading and reading and reading for the last 4 days since I made my reservations for Wyndham Bonnet Creek. This will be my daughter's first trip. She is 4 and ALL about Princesses!! I'm braving Disney with her and I (maybe can talk Nana or her aunt into coming with) and will be checking in Feb 28. I've made us breakfast reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table but we will probably only do a day or two at Magic Kingdom and use the resort A LOT!!!
I have seen the layout picture but cannot find it again. Can someone repost that??
Also we have a 2 bedroom deluxe and plan on using the pools. Is there a Fireworks AND lake view with pool accesss that I could request?? My main concern is FIREWORKS and close to a pool so anyone know which towers would be best for that???
Thanks so much!!!!
We are UBER EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you're excited!!! My daughter is totally about the princesses too! Another great one is 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. My girl is crazy about Cindy, so we'll be doing that one for sure. I was going to do CRT as well, but will do Akershus instead. I hope you have a fantastic trip with your daughter. Are you going to BBB as well? My girl (she's 4 too) can't stop talking about doing that. I think it'll be one of the highlights. Hope you can talk Nana or Auntie into going with you.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #1442
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisable89 View Post
In the UK we tend to make tea by boiling an electric kettle, in the meantime we put a tea bag into a cup/mug, then when the kettle in boiled we wait a minute or tea & pour the water into the cup. Then we stir the tea bag to obviously get the tea out & add milk & however many teaspoons of sugar you want.

We we're thinking about mid-late August because the crowds tend to be lighter & because my Mother works for a School so she'd find it very difficult to get time off (UK School's don't go back to School from their Summer holidays until early September).

& Ohhh thankyou for the link.

I see you've got the tea making down to an art Tea definitely needs to be made with boiling water!

True enough... they do thin out more towards late August. Beware Labour Day weekend though, that'll be a busy, busy weekend. But I believe the slowest day of the year is the Tuesday after Labour Day. I like going in October cause of the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot and drink around the world. LOL Okay, my hubby drinks, and I eat... fair enough.

Did you find the 'pay it forward' thread okay? It's a great idea... I hate throwing stuff away, so even if I don't get/use anything, I'll be happy to contribute anything I can't take home with me.
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #1443
disney*mom*82
DIS Veteran

What requests to make?

My In laws are booked at BC for our upcomming trip in March. They will have a 2 bedroom, 4 adults 1 child. They are wanting to know what a good building would be to request. I know there was some info on here somewhere, but now that I need it, I cant find it.

Any tips and suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Mar 99-WLC; Dec/Jan-01/02-ASM;Mar 08,Mar 09, Sept 09, Mar 10, Dec 10, July 11 Mar 12 POR, July 12 OKW, March 14 WBC, Dec/Jan 2014/15 POR
Old 02-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #1444
nancy155
DIS Veteran

someone asked about a map of the layout of Bonnet Creek.. I am not sure if I am doing this correctly, but I have attempted to post a link to a map of the resort... Here goes!

http://www.redweek.com/bigphoto/P27223

I just noticed this must be an older map as it does not show building 6. Sorry I tried to find the one you were speaking about but could not find it. I do remember seeing it somewhere tho!

Me , DS

Last edited by nancy155; 02-05-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: added content
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #1445
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thanks, Nancy.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #1446
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
How are the pools at WBC in December?

We were just at Disney in January, and found that a lot of the "heated" pools weren't nearly heated enough to enjoy in the colder parts of the day.

We're going next December, and it would be nice to utilize the numerous pools we keep seeing so many pictures of.
I'm curious about this too. It seems like on our past two trips (both at Pop, so maybe it was just the resort) Disney's pools weren't as heated as they were on our first few winter trips. I remember swimming at the WL when it was about 55° outside, but on our Jan trip this year the pools just weren't warm enough to do much swimming once the sun went down.

Quote:
We we're thinking about mid-late August because the crowds tend to be lighter & because my Mother works for a School so she'd find it very difficult to get time off (UK School's don't go back to School from their Summer holidays until early September).
If you can handle the heat that's a great time to go. We love traveling anywhere in the southeast US during the week prior to Labor Day, because our schools up here don't go back until Sept but all the schools in that area start much earlier and the crowds (and prices) really drop.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Old 02-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #1447
Invisable89
Mouseketeer

Quote:
In the UK we tend to make tea by boiling an electric kettle, in the meantime we put a tea bag into a cup/mug, then when the kettle in boiled we wait a minute or tea & pour the water into the cup. Then we stir the tea bag to obviously get the tea out & add milk & however many teaspoons of sugar you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
I see you've got the tea making down to an art Tea definitely needs to be made with boiling water!

True enough... they do thin out more towards late August. Beware Labour Day weekend though, that'll be a busy, busy weekend. But I believe the slowest day of the year is the Tuesday after Labour Day. I like going in October cause of the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot and drink around the world. LOL Okay, my hubby drinks, and I eat... fair enough.

Did you find the 'pay it forward' thread okay? It's a great idea... I hate throwing stuff away, so even if I don't get/use anything, I'll be happy to contribute anything I can't take home with me.

Oh oops just realised that my tea making explanation didn't quite make sense.. I need to double check my grammar more often!

But yes, tea definitely needs boiling water! However the electric kettle's i can see on Walmart's website are a bit pricey, but we can just use the 'pay it forward' thing at WBC so i don't think that matters too much. Hopefully someone will be grateful for a kettle! & Yes i found it & had a good look through it - it is such a good idea.

I've been going in October for years but we've noticed it's got busier & we fancy a change. & Oh yes i've heard about Labour Day Weekend, we don't usually go to the Parks at the weekend so we'd hopefully avoid the crowds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
If you can handle the heat that's a great time to go. We love traveling anywhere in the southeast US during the week prior to Labor Day, because our schools up here don't go back until Sept but all the schools in that area start much earlier and the crowds (and prices) really drop.
We've been going in October for years & we normally think it's just not quite hot enough for us! The heat doesn't bother us thank goodness.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #1448
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh oops just realised that my tea making explanation didn't quite make sense.. I need to double check my grammar more often!

But yes, tea definitely needs boiling water! However the electric kettle's i can see on Walmart's website are a bit pricey, but we can just use the 'pay it forward' thing at WBC so i don't think that matters too much. Hopefully someone will be grateful for a kettle! & Yes i found it & had a good look through it - it is such a good idea.

I've been going in October for years but we've noticed it's got busier & we fancy a change. & Oh yes i've heard about Labour Day Weekend, we don't usually go to the Parks at the weekend so we'd hopefully avoid the crowds!

Your tea making skills probably outweigh your tea making explaining skills! LOL It was funny though and I had a good chuckle... ta!

The kettle I got at Wally World for camping was a real basic stovetop kettle and it was less than 10 bucks. I took a look myself, and the only one I could find similar was this one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Copco-Stai...ettle/14964923

You're right, it's been getting busier in October, but I think it's cause there's a lot of Brits there! LOL Don't you guys have a school break in October? Haven't been since 2003, but I remember it was like the British Invasion. LOL My husband added to that number

If October isn't hot enough for you, then certainly August will be a scorcher! Haven't been to Florida in the summer since the early 80's, but man it was hot! Could NOT go barefoot on the beach the sand was so bloody hot.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #1449
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

We were at WBC from Jan 5-12 this year and we swam multiple times! The pools were all heated...the only one we had a problem with was one of the lazy rivers. Can't recall which...but it wasn't cold, just not as warm as the pool. Otherwise...the pools there were wonderful. And yes we are from Canada and can handle the cold, but not my DH....he won't go in unless it feels like bath water...and he swam every day with us!

Follow our Progress For March 2015http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50810740
Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #1450
alliesue
Mouseketeer

New to WBC!

I just booked a 1 bedroom through a low point RCI Exchange and my folks booked a 1 bedroom through AFVC (same week) - for a great rate! We didn't plan on coming to Disney again this year- but couldn't beat the price -and since we have AP's that expire the end of Sept - we figured we could do it cheap! We usually stay on property so all I know about WBC is what I see online. Coming down to run the Tower of Terror 10 mile race in late Sept. Do ya'll know if WBC will be good about putting our 2 rooms close to each other even if we booked through different venues? Any tips on what to request? Thanks for any insight!!

1978- Disneyland (1st visit), 1981- Off Site (1st WDW visit), 1984- Off Site, 1989- Off site, 4/2004- Off Site, 7/2005 - Pop Century, 10/2005- Off Site, 1/2/2005- WDW Wedding - Pavilion/Atlantic Dance Hall/Weddingmoon -Yacht Club CL, 9/2005 - Pop Century, 5/2007 - Disneyland, 12/2008- Deployment Homecoming Trip - Coronado Springs, 9/2009 - All Star Sports - Everest Challenge, 9/2011- AKL- Baby's First Trip & W/D Half Relay, 2/2012- Princess Half/POFQ, 5/2012 - BCV
Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #1451
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

LOL Does anyone remember what the hairdryers were there? I dont know if it's different in a presidential or not. I wanted to go buy one because I liked it but now I forgot what they were.

It was a Conair but I forget the model. Anyone know?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #1452
KDsmommy
Earning My Ears

Subscribing to thread!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #1453
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Was able to book my Disneymoon at WBC this morning!

We're staying from 12/02/12 - 12/14/12. I'm beyond excited. Let the planning/over analyzing begin!! We're already signed up for the Pay It Forward bin!!

We're staying in a 1BR Presidential, in tower 6. I requested a Disney/Fireworks view, but was told these don't exist? They said my only options were woods or lake/pool.

Any insights into this?

Also, does anyone have any info on the bar scene at this resort? We are looking forward to enjoying some drinks at the resort bar, and were wondering what our options will be.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #1454
Tracey123
Mouseketeer

Tower 6 is blocked by tower 5 for fireworks. The lake view is really nice, I think there is a room in Tower 5 that you can go to to view the fireworks.

The bar outside of tower 4 can be fun. They have people playing music sometimes. They also have Karaoke by Tower 2.

It's a nice place to stay. We were there last May before the hotel was completed. They may have more options at the hotel as well. Enjoy!!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #1455
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey123 View Post
Tower 6 is blocked by tower 5 for fireworks. The lake view is really nice, I think there is a room in Tower 5 that you can go to to view the fireworks.

The bar outside of tower 4 can be fun. They have people playing music sometimes. They also have Karaoke by Tower 2.

It's a nice place to stay. We were there last May before the hotel was completed. They may have more options at the hotel as well. Enjoy!!
I thought others had posted fireworks views from tower 6? We were last in tower 5 with a fireworks view was planning to request tower 6 in May with a fireworks view

Closed Thread