Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #1426
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
maybe i'm not enough of a tea expert, but instead of a worrying about a kettle for one week, can't y'all just microwave a cup of water and add a tea bag? Or use a small pot to boil water? This how I do it at home even...I thought tea kettles were a thing of the past....like air-poppers and payphones.
I'll use a small pot in a pinch but I hate making tea by the cup in a microwave simply because I drink more than a cup at a time, and a coffee pot doesn't get the water hot enough (I have a nice kettle at home... an air popper too ). Picking up a cheap tea kettle is probably the best idea - one can be found for $8-10 at Walmart/Kmart/Target type stores and at that price can be left behind without regrets.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Old 02-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #1427
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
Do you have to wash towels or linens before you leave or is that covered by the cleaning fee?
You don't need to do this. It is all taken care of.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #1428
Belle5
DIS Veteran

I had given up on Wyndham Bonnet Creek as many of the sellers I contacted discouraged me about being able to get a four bedroom near Memorial Day. For a variety of reasons we ended up booking a two-bedroom at Old Key West. Today we found out that another of our sons may be joining us for the trip. At the same time, a four bedroom presidential suite became available at Wyndham Bonnet Creek...so, that's where we are staying! Now, I just have to wait for the refund from Disney and I can buy airfare! Woo-hoo!

Old 02-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #1429
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
I had given up on Wyndham Bonnet Creek as many of the sellers I contacted discouraged me about being able to get a four bedroom near Memorial Day. For a variety of reasons we ended up booking a two-bedroom at Old Key West. Today we found out that another of our sons may be joining us for the trip. At the same time, a four bedroom presidential suite became available at Wyndham Bonnet Creek...so, that's where we are staying! Now, I just have to wait for the refund from Disney and I can buy airfare! Woo-hoo!
Great!

Have a magical vaca with all your family!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:26 AM   #1430
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisable89 View Post
We're not planning on going until late April into May 2013 or Aug 2013.. haven't quite decided yet, but i think we're aiming for Aug 2013 now. We've been looking at the many off-site condo style Resorts for weeks! & We're loving the sound of WBC more & more.

& Oooo wasn't aware there was a 'pay it forward' bin & to be honest i have no idea what one is, can you explain?

Hi Invisable, sounds like you'll have plenty of time to plan a really great trip. After doing a lot of reading, I would definitely go in April/May over August if I were you. The crowds are really bad in August and you'll spend a lot of time in line waiting to get on the rides. I've never been to WBC myself either, so I'm really excited to try it out.

As for the 'pay it forward' bin... I'll try and post the link for you. I say 'try' cause I'm pretty new to posting.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2663580
Old 02-05-2012, 03:30 AM   #1431
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I'll use a small pot in a pinch but I hate making tea by the cup in a microwave simply because I drink more than a cup at a time, and a coffee pot doesn't get the water hot enough (I have a nice kettle at home... an air popper too ). Picking up a cheap tea kettle is probably the best idea - one can be found for $8-10 at Walmart/Kmart/Target type stores and at that price can be left behind without regrets.

That's what my tea drinker says too... I actually used my air popper tonight
Old 02-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #1432
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Whats Bonnet creek like 1st 3 weeks of August

I have stayed at Bonnet Creek three times in December and loved it. We go twice a year and usually stay at Saratoga Springs in August to benefit from the UK free dining and 45% off. This year we did the math and actually works out cheaper for us to stay at BC even if we pay out of pocket for food, plus, in my opinion we get a far superior room. We only get a 1 bed at SSR but 2 bed at BC.
W are fine with the crowds in the park but just wondered what BC is actually like. Wen we are there in December, we are quite often the only ones swimming. Am assuming that August will be quite different so any info will be great appreciated.
Thanks
Old 02-05-2012, 03:34 AM   #1433
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post

Sometimes all the stars align just right! Congrats! From what I've seen the 4 bedroom presidential suites look amazing! May is a lot closer than October, I'm envious!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #1434
sprdve98
Earning My Ears

I'm just curious, does anyone know if you can book presidential units through vacation upgrades? If so what is the price? I didn't see it listed on their site.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #1435
katallo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprdve98 View Post
I'm just curious, does anyone know if you can book presidential units through vacation upgrades? If so what is the price? I didn't see it listed on their site.
Yes, you can. I'm not sure of pricing, but they have several listed on their home page now.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #1436
Belle5
DIS Veteran

WBC's relationship with the Wyndham Grand?

We need a hotel room (actually three) the night before checking into our unit at WBC. I am wondering if there is any advantage at all to staying that first night at the new Wyndham Grand. Since they are like sister resorts do they work together in some way? I know on Disney property they will move your luggage to your next resort, etc. Not really expecting that from Wyndham, but just curious.

We need to get to the parks early after checking out of our hotel that first night and really need to stay there until around 2 pm. Then we would go over and try to check-into the WBC. Is that going to work? Assuming we stay at the Wyndham Grand, does anyone know if they would hold our luggage for us during that time or even move it over to the WBC?

Old 02-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #1437
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal1000 View Post
I have stayed at Bonnet Creek three times in December and loved it. We go twice a year and usually stay at Saratoga Springs in August to benefit from the UK free dining and 45% off. This year we did the math and actually works out cheaper for us to stay at BC even if we pay out of pocket for food, plus, in my opinion we get a far superior room. We only get a 1 bed at SSR but 2 bed at BC.
W are fine with the crowds in the park but just wondered what BC is actually like. Wen we are there in December, we are quite often the only ones swimming. Am assuming that August will be quite different so any info will be great appreciated.
Thanks
How are the pools at WBC in December?

We were just at Disney in January, and found that a lot of the "heated" pools weren't nearly heated enough to enjoy in the colder parts of the day.

We're going next December, and it would be nice to utilize the numerous pools we keep seeing so many pictures of.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #1438
MyPrincesses1stTrip
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I've been reading and reading and reading for the last 4 days since I made my reservations for Wyndham Bonnet Creek. This will be my daughter's first trip. She is 4 and ALL about Princesses!! I'm braving Disney with her and I (maybe can talk Nana or her aunt into coming with) and will be checking in Feb 28. I've made us breakfast reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table but we will probably only do a day or two at Magic Kingdom and use the resort A LOT!!!
I have seen the layout picture but cannot find it again. Can someone repost that??
Also we have a 2 bedroom deluxe and plan on using the pools. Is there a Fireworks AND lake view with pool accesss that I could request?? My main concern is FIREWORKS and close to a pool so anyone know which towers would be best for that???
Thanks so much!!!!
We are UBER EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #1439
Invisable89
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
maybe i'm not enough of a tea expert, but instead of a worrying about a kettle for one week, can't y'all just microwave a cup of water and add a tea bag? Or use a small pot to boil water? This how I do it at home even...I thought tea kettles were a thing of the past....like air-poppers and payphones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney*mom*82 View Post
I dont know what kind of tea they are looking to make, but my mom makes her from her coffee pot and now that is the only way I or my dd4 can stand the tea to be made. Im sure there is a coffee pot there.? You just put the amount of tea bags you want to use in the top part, I use 5, then fill with 3-5 cups water, turn on, add that to your pitcher, fill with water and viola!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post

In the UK we tend to make tea by boiling an electric kettle, in the meantime we put a tea bag into a cup/mug, then when the kettle in boiled we wait a minute or tea & pour the water into the cup. Then we stir the tea bag to obviously get the tea out & add milk & however many teaspoons of sugar you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
Hi Invisable, sounds like you'll have plenty of time to plan a really great trip. After doing a lot of reading, I would definitely go in April/May over August if I were you. The crowds are really bad in August and you'll spend a lot of time in line waiting to get on the rides. I've never been to WBC myself either, so I'm really excited to try it out.

As for the 'pay it forward' bin... I'll try and post the link for you. I say 'try' cause I'm pretty new to posting.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2663580

We we're thinking about mid-late August because the crowds tend to be lighter & because my Mother works for a School so she'd find it very difficult to get time off (UK School's don't go back to School from their Summer holidays until early September).

& Ohhh thankyou for the link.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #1440
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

How do the buses work? I've stayed at properties in the past where they had a free shuttle to the parks but they ran at only certain times. We were reluctant to try them because we didn't want to get "stuck."

How often to the BC shuttles run? And where do they drop you in the Magic Kingdom? If I could avoid the TTC, I would be sooooo happy!

We drive to WDW so it's not a huge deal. But it would be nice to save $14 a day!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Closed Thread