Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #1411
Invisable89
Mouseketeer

My Dad actually said that we could buy a cheap kettle from Walmart or someplace & just bring it into the Suite & plug it in then just leave it there when we leave.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #1412
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneechic View Post
Presidential units are actually located in all towers. Only the 3BR Presidentials are exclusive to building 6.
I was told that the 2 bedroom presidentials are also exclusive to building 6. I hope that is correct information as it is one of the reasons we booked it.

As an adult with the kids...
Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (1/14)
Aulani (8/14)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #1413
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Maybe one of you owners can answer this:

What can I do if I'm in a villa (3 bdrm Pres for us) and we find no or limited pots & pans as has been previously posted?

We're a family of 8 & plan to do plenty of cooking.

I don't mind buying my supplies and groceries, but am expecting a fully stocked kitchen (pots, pans, dishes, etc.). Don't expect to have to buy those.... A pp posted that the only pan in her kitchen was a broiler pan...

If we were to find a poorly stocked kitchen who would we call to rectify? The person we rented from or the "front desk"?

Any idea on how fast the situation would/could be remedied?

Most of the pp's seemed to just take it in stride or buy their own items if something was missing. I'm totally not buying a set of pots & pans....

It doesn't sound like there's a listing of what should be in the cupboards in the individual units. Is there someplace to verify this info?

TIA!

Gretchen
Old 02-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #1414
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisable89 View Post
My Dad actually said that we could buy a cheap kettle from Walmart or someplace & just bring it into the Suite & plug it in then just leave it there when we leave.

When are you going? You could always leave it for someone in the 'pay it forward' bin instead of just leaving it. Buying a cheap kettle is a great idea, and you can probably get a stovetop one for five bucks. I have one that we use for camping, but I'm not going to bring it as it takes up too much room in my suitcase that I plan on filling with assorted souvenirs
Old 02-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #1415
chuchujew
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettechick99 View Post
We also took a cooler with us to the bar. Whoops, I mean pool. We're hardcore but not that hardcore.

I emailed Ken back and told him that was out of our budget which he understood. I ended up emailing VS and they came back with a $1075 which I can live with. Do they try to rebook for you closer to time like Ken does? Either way, I am happy with this price.

Anyone else going the last week in June? I am trying to convince my sister and her family to go that week too. The more the merrier!!
Would you mind telling me what size unit did u rent and for what month? Is VS has better deal then Ken. I just start planning for mid june, got a quto from VS for 8 night 2bedroom for $1478.00 Tks.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #1416
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Maybe one of you owners can answer this:

What can I do if I'm in a villa (3 bdrm Pres for us) and we find no or limited pots & pans as has been previously posted?

We're a family of 8 & plan to do plenty of cooking.

I don't mind buying my supplies and groceries, but am expecting a fully stocked kitchen (pots, pans, dishes, etc.). Don't expect to have to buy those.... A pp posted that the only pan in her kitchen was a broiler pan...

If we were to find a poorly stocked kitchen who would we call to rectify? The person we rented from or the "front desk"?

Any idea on how fast the situation would/could be remedied?

Most of the pp's seemed to just take it in stride or buy their own items if something was missing. I'm totally not buying a set of pots & pans....

It doesn't sound like there's a listing of what should be in the cupboards in the individual units. Is there someplace to verify this info?

TIA!

Gretchen
Every unit I have been in has been stocked with everything we've needed. However, I am not surprised if each unit does not have exactly the same items.

The owner you rented the reservation from has nothing to do with what's in the resort's cupboards. The front desk will help you with that.

I have never had to request any cooking supplies, but they have always been very quick to address any other need I've had.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:53 AM   #1417
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLCH View Post
I was told that the 2 bedroom presidentials are also exclusive to building 6. I hope that is correct information as it is one of the reasons we booked it.
All of the 2 and 3 bedroom presidentials are in Tower 6 only.

The 4 bedroom presidentials can be found in all towers.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #1418
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
FYI Our room didn't have any stove top pans, sauce, frying or otherwise.
sounds like a prior guest decided to furnish their kitchen. They should be well equipped. If you are missing something that you think should be there, just call the front desk, and if it is supposed to be there, they will bring you one.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #1419
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

I am super excited. We are staying here for our trip in less than 6 weeks We got such a great rate from Ken ($960 for 8 nights for a two bedroom deluxe) and he was very willing to work with our unusual number of nights which others were not. VS or no one else came close to that price.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #1420
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upatnoon View Post
Every unit I have been in has been stocked with everything we've needed. However, I am not surprised if each unit does not have exactly the same items.

The owner you rented the reservation from has nothing to do with what's in the resort's cupboards. The front desk will help you with that.

I have never had to request any cooking supplies, but they have always been very quick to address any other need I've had.
Thanks!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #1421
Invisable89
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
When are you going? You could always leave it for someone in the 'pay it forward' bin instead of just leaving it. Buying a cheap kettle is a great idea, and you can probably get a stovetop one for five bucks. I have one that we use for camping, but I'm not going to bring it as it takes up too much room in my suitcase that I plan on filling with assorted souvenirs

We're not planning on going until late April into May 2013 or Aug 2013.. haven't quite decided yet, but i think we're aiming for Aug 2013 now. We've been looking at the many off-site condo style Resorts for weeks! & We're loving the sound of WBC more & more.

& Oooo wasn't aware there was a 'pay it forward' bin & to be honest i have no idea what one is, can you explain?

Old 02-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #1422
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Well, I can't tell you guys how happy I am that I found this thread/community.

My fiancee and I were planning our honeymoon for December, and we were toying with the idea of going to Mexico. Well, after going on our annual Disney vacation with my family, we jokingly said "we should just come to Disney World..

Long story short, that's EXACTLY what we're doing. And we're staying at WBC!

I was worried about numerous things, such as staying off Disney property for the first time (I'm a little spoiled..my parents are DVC members, and we've been staying at BLT for the past few years..)

You guys have done a TON to help with those fears!

We booked a 1BR presidential for 12/02/12 - 12/14/12. We're extremely excited, to say the least. I look forward to conversing with you guys until then about the resort..Let's just say I like to think ahead!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #1423
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

maybe i'm not enough of a tea expert, but instead of a worrying about a kettle for one week, can't y'all just microwave a cup of water and add a tea bag? Or use a small pot to boil water? This how I do it at home even...I thought tea kettles were a thing of the past....like air-poppers and payphones.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #1424
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Do you have to wash towels or linens before you leave or is that covered by the cleaning fee?
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Old 02-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #1425
disney*mom*82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
maybe i'm not enough of a tea expert, but instead of a worrying about a kettle for one week, can't y'all just microwave a cup of water and add a tea bag? Or use a small pot to boil water? This how I do it at home even...I thought tea kettles were a thing of the past....like air-poppers and payphones.
I dont know what kind of tea they are looking to make, but my mom makes her from her coffee pot and now that is the only way I or my dd4 can stand the tea to be made. Im sure there is a coffee pot there.? You just put the amount of tea bags you want to use in the top part, I use 5, then fill with 3-5 cups water, turn on, add that to your pitcher, fill with water and viola!