Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #1396
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlamphere View Post

Did you see tennis courts any place?

Also, how big are the balconies? I have heard they are fairly large? For an idea, are they about 10 feet by 6 feet ???
No tennis courts. Balconies are big in the presidentials but normal sized in the others. I'd still be happy to sit out there on the normal sized ones, though I dont think they have the lounge chairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachydreamyxx View Post
Is it possible to book one night?
Not really without paying a fortune. This is the downside of the place for me. We would stay a lot more often if you could! Most of the reservations are done in blocks. When we had our week, I wanted an extra 2 days but it was going to cost way too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneechic View Post
Presidential units are actually located in all towers. Only the 3BR Presidentials are exclusive to building 6.
Yep. Our 4 bedroom was in Tower 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisable89 View Post

What are difference's between a 2 bed Deluxe Suite & a 2 bed Presidential Suite?
I asked this once too, it's a good question. A "deluxe" is just wording for their normal rooms. I.e. there are just deluxes and presidentials and that's it. The presidentials have nicer furniture and stuff (tile floors, granite counters, etc) and a lot more space!

Last edited by Bonniec; 02-03-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #1397
Invisable89
Mouseketeer

Thankyou for all the replies!

Okay, so if there's Presidential Suites in all of the Towers not just in the newer Tower 6, does that mean them PS aren't as big as the one's in Tower 6 or are they all the same size/square foot depending on how many bedrooms your Suite has?

& Here comes a weird question.. i haven't seen a kettle in any kitchen pictures so far, so is there any way you can get hold of one at the Resort? (Us Brits love our tea )

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #1398
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I asked this once too, it's a good question. A "deluxe" is just wording for their normal rooms. I.e. there are just deluxes and presidentials and that's it. The presidentials have nicer furniture and stuff (tile floors, granite counters, etc) and a lot more space!
Are you sure about there being more space? I had asked the person we're renting our 3bdrm from as I was planning on paying extra for the presidential but was told the only difference was decoration and flooring. Essentially, they were otherwise the same. If they are bigger, I really would much prefer to have the presidential but we booked months ago ....
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
Old 02-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #1399
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Okay, so if there's Presidential Suites in all of the Towers not just in the newer Tower 6, does that mean them PS aren't as big as the one's in Tower 6 or are they all the same size/square foot depending on how many bedrooms your Suite has?

& Here comes a weird question.. i haven't seen a kettle in any kitchen pictures so far, so is there any way you can get hold of one at the Resort? (Us Brits love our tea )

I'm in a one bedroom delux as I type this .... no tea kettle.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #1400
Attagirl3
Earning My Ears

The 3bd deluxe has 1503sqft. The 3bd presidential has 1580sqft. You can view the floorplans here:

http://www.sunorsnowvacationrentals....amBonnetCreek/
Old 02-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #1401
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Another difference between the deluxe vs presidential units is occupancy. The Deluxe units have sleeper sofas (accommodate 2 more), the presidentials do not.

Re the kettle:
Our 3 BR Pres did not have a tea kettle. They did however have a coffee pot in which you could brew sans coffee and get hot water (although not sure how "fresh" that would be) and also pyrex (glass) bowls wher eyou could fill one with water and heat it in the microwave (what we would do).
Old 02-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #1402
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper_jj11 View Post
Are you sure about there being more space? I had asked the person we're renting our 3bdrm from as I was planning on paying extra for the presidential but was told the only difference was decoration and flooring. Essentially, they were otherwise the same. If they are bigger, I really would much prefer to have the presidential but we booked months ago ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attagirl3 View Post
The 3bd deluxe has 1503sqft. The 3bd presidential has 1580sqft. You can view the floorplans here:

http://www.sunorsnowvacationrentals....amBonnetCreek/
Casper, The difference in space will depend on your unit. Some of the 3BR Deluxes are 1560 feet (vs the 1503 in Attagirls's link) but some are also the 1503. Here's the Wyndham members directory link which spells it all out.
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wynd...tory11-12/#/82
Honestly the worst case difference of 77sf (5% less) in a space that large is negligible IMO. At least its not worth stressing over. If you were talking 200-300sf in the 1 bedroom, maybe.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #1403
Attagirl3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Casper, The difference in space will depend on your unit. Some of the 3BR Deluxes are 1560 feet (vs the 1503 in Attagirls's link) but some are also the 1503. Here's the Wyndham members directory link which spells it all out.
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wynd...tory11-12/#/82
Honestly the worst case difference of 77sf (5% less) in a space that large is negligible IMO. At least its not worth stressing over. If you were talking 200-300sf in the 1 bedroom, maybe.
Okay, this place is waaay too complicated for me. Just when I think I have it all figured out I learn something new.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #1404
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attagirl3 View Post
Okay, this place is waaay too complicated for me. Just when I think I have it all figured out I learn something new.
I hear ya! I think they have just adapted the towers as they have been built and enjoy changing things up to confuse the heck out of everyone.

Heck, reading people's supply lists vs what was in our room was even different. I am SO jealous Bonnie had liquid soap and coffee filters (let alone sugars!). We brought ours from home and ordered from garden grocer (all except liquid soap ) so were covered but to see her room had some?! Anywho BC is a fabulous resort regardless of a few less/more sf room to room, or coffee filters provided or not. You can't beat the value, amenities or location!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #1405
southbound
Mouseketeer

Quote:

My husband is a Brit too, and we'll be using a sauce pan (pot to us North Americans) to boil water for his tea. Coffee pots do not get the water hot enough for a proper cuppa! I thought it was a great question... never thought they wouldn't have a kettle, now we both know
Old 02-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #1406
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
My husband is a Brit too, and we'll be using a sauce pan (pot to us North Americans) to boil water for his tea. Coffee pots do not get the water hot enough for a proper cuppa! I thought it was a great question... never thought they wouldn't have a kettle, now we both know
FYI Our room didn't have any stove top pans, sauce, frying or otherwise. Not sure if that's the norm or if we were missing anything, but just be prepared for coming up with an alternative method just in case. The only pan we had for use on/in the stove was one metal baking dish that had a removable broiler (and was too small for a frozen pizza).
Old 02-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #1407
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am SO jealous Bonnie had liquid soap and coffee filters (let alone sugars!).
I didn't have any liquid soap. I did have a couple coffee filters and sugar packets as well as some coffee. I made a trip to Walmart and bought some stuff too, so don't go by my pics. But I never had any liquid soap except for a Mickey one I bought for my kiddo. Was it someone else's pics?
Old 02-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #1408
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I didn't have any liquid soap. I did have a couple coffee filters and sugar packets as well as some coffee. I made a trip to Walmart and bought some stuff too, so don't go by my pics. But I never had any liquid soap except for a Mickey one I bought for my kiddo. Was it someone else's pics?
Ohh your right, it was mommydust. It's interesting the differences though about what's supplied in the individual rooms. Wonder if there's a rhyme or reason to it or if it's a matter of somethings replaced if the cleaning staff notices it's gone (or someone asks). Definitely keeping a list though for next time!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #1409
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
FYI Our room didn't have any stove top pans, sauce, frying or otherwise. Not sure if that's the norm or if we were missing anything, but just be prepared for coming up with an alternative method just in case. The only pan we had for use on/in the stove was one metal baking dish that had a removable broiler (and was too small for a frozen pizza).
My unit has a full set of pans .... sauce, stock, and frying .... makes no sense that all the units are not equiped the same.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #1410
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the clarification on size. You're right of course, 70sq feet isn't much in the long run. I looked at the floor layouts and that was very helpful. I much prefer the layout of the presidential. We're travelling with three small kids and the grandparents and while we'd like to have the master ourselves, we'd also like to be closer to the bdrm with two beds ... not sure what we'll do there. Anyway, the lack of a sofabed is the answer for me. All three kids have done great in two doubles before (actually a double and a sofa bed) but that's when we're all crammed in the same room. The two in the double don't have a choice but get along and not poke at each other. If it doesn't work out with all three in their own room sharing two beds, I'll quickly nab one and place him/ her on the sofa bed so they all get their own bed and can't get on each others nerves. Wouldn't really be fair to just pop one on a couch... they'd end up on the floor for sure. Bottom line, we need the sofabed so deluxe it is... makes me wonder why they don't just put a sofabed in the presidential....

Ugh, and I never thought of a kettle. My dad is a die hard tea drinker. We need a kettle darn it!
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
Closed Thread