Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #946
lindsey
DIS Veteran

We have just returned from our 3rd stay at WBC. We had previously been in Tower 4 and Tower 5, but this time Tower 2. The living room area in this room was smaller than Tower 4 or 5, but still more room than a hotel room. We had a 2-bedroom unit and it was very clean. We used the busses all week with no problems. I do agree it seemed like our area (towers 1, 2, and 3) was alot less busy. Plenty of parking spaces and no wait for the elevators.
Jun82 - FW, Aug88 - FW, Oct91 - FW, Oct92 - FW, Dec93 - POR (formerly DL), Feb95 - POR(formerly DL), Jun96 - off site, Dec96 - Poly, Jun99 - FW, Dec00 - FW, Dec02 - FW, Jun04 -FW, Dec05 - BWI & AKL, Feb07 - offsite, Jun07 - ASMo, Oct 08 - ASMu, Feb09 Pop/Bonnet Creek, Sep10 - Bonnet Creek, Nov 11 - Bonnet Creek, Jn 13 - POP, Bonnet Creek, Caribbean Beach

Old 11-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #947
thelawnet
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know about receiving packages at the resort? We live in the UK, and I'm wondering about getting our Christmas shopping packages delivered to the resort.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2011, 03:11 AM   #948
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

I wonder if you guys could answer a question for me. I have a friend who is constantly trying to get me to rent his BC timeshare since he knows I love WDW. The other day he called me wanting me to commit right away to a "steal" of a deal he was offering. He was saying 7 days end of June beginning of July checking out on the 4th. for just over 1,300 is this a pretty typical price? I couldn't commit then and told him so but I am definatley wondering if this is a good deal.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:15 AM   #949
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
I wonder if you guys could answer a question for me. I have a friend who is constantly trying to get me to rent his BC timeshare since he knows I love WDW. The other day he called me wanting me to commit right away to a "steal" of a deal he was offering. He was saying 7 days end of June beginning of July checking out on the 4th. for just over 1,300 is this a pretty typical price? I couldn't commit then and told him so but I am definatley wondering if this is a good deal.
For what size villa?

For a 4 bedroom Presidential, that might be a decent price.

For a two-bedroom deluxe, it might be approximately DOUBLE what you could rent one for from another owner. 2 BRs typically rent for $100-$120 per night.

Your friend is probably giving you what he considers to be a great deal, but he's probably not aware of the real market prices of these units.

Whatever size unit you need, I'd check with one of the established rental outfits mentioned frequently on this board and get an actual quote from them.
Old 11-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #950
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnet View Post
Does anyone know about receiving packages at the resort? We live in the UK, and I'm wondering about getting our Christmas shopping packages delivered to the resort.
If you are talking about having items shipped UPS/Fedex/DHL.... I'm pretty sure you can do it without any major issues. The General rule is to make sure they include both your name (which the reservation is under) and checkin date on the package where the resort can see them when receiving the packages so that they know what they are and who they are for.

If you are shipping them to arrive before you do, Generally I'd say to try and plan the delivery not more than a day or 2 before you are set to arrive to avoid any problems.

If You are shipping them internationally, I'd also make sure that there would be no customs fees or other COD charges or special requirements that could cause the resort to refuse the package.

And of course.... To be absolutely sure, You may want to try and contact the resort directly since they may have some special procedures or resort specific requirements that I'm not aware of. The resort itself can be reached at 407-238-3500. I'm pretty sure the resort confirmation letter I've received my past couple trips also included a direct email address for the resort... unfortunately I don't have one of them handy at the moment so if you don't have one someone else may be able to help.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #951
vettechick99
Why do I open these threads?
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!
my mom used to call me "gagootz"

thelawnet, I had a package delivered to me from Gap. I called the front office prior and they gave me an address to use. The front deck never told me the package was there so I just checked every afternoon.

Check out the Official Bonnet Creek Thread or You too can do Disney Pregnant! or Our Budget In-Ground Pool
Old 11-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #952
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamwigs View Post
The REAL Bonnet Creek is the Hilton Bonnet Creek.

The property are amazing. The Lazy River is great for family's.
The Wyndham Timeshare resort actually pre-dates the Hilton/Waldorf complex by several years.

BUT.... from what I've heard/seen, There really isn't a bad option available in that area. The Hilton, Waldorf, and Wyndham Grand are all great hotels. the Wyndham Vacation Ownership resort is also amazing. Between all 4, You can't make a wrong choice.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #953
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
This maybe the best deal he can offer given what his points are costing him. He may be a regular member. The folks who are renting points for half this cost are VIP plat owners and they get significant discounts that they pass on.

It also depends on the type unit he's offering for this price.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:04 PM   #954
thereallolo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamwigs View Post
The REAL Bonnet Creek is the Hilton Bonnet Creek.

The property are amazing. The Lazy River is great for family's.
Great addition to the thread

Do you work for Hilton or something??
Old 11-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #955
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
For what size villa?

For a 4 bedroom Presidential, that might be a decent price.

For a two-bedroom deluxe, it might be approximately DOUBLE what you could rent one for from another owner. 2 BRs typically rent for $100-$120 per night.

Your friend is probably giving you what he considers to be a great deal, but he's probably not aware of the real market prices of these units.

Whatever size unit you need, I'd check with one of the established rental outfits mentioned frequently on this board and get an actual quote from them.

The unit he was offering was a two bedroom.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #956
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Any idea what the cost would be for a 3 or 4 bedroom unit for 7 nights in mid-May? Which brokers rent that size unit? Thanks!

Old 11-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #957
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Edited: Okay, I see the deluxe is just the standard rooms. There are no presidentials left for the week we are going (January 21). The price I am getting for the normal rooms is reasonable, however the prices on ebay are a LOT lower. I am guessing it's because they are last minute? I am assuming at this point, we are better off just waiting until the last minute and grabbing whatever comes open. I really wanted a presiential but just couldn't swing it in time.

Last edited by Bonniec; 11-29-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #958
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Im also confused because on ebay, there is a presidential open for the week I wanted. I was under the impression that once they are full, they are full.

So if Farrell tells me there are none available, would others still have them open (like ebay)?
Old 11-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #959
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
So if Farrell tells me there are none available, would others still have them open (like ebay)?
Yes. If someone else reserved them before Farrell could, they could offer them up on Ebay.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #960
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Im also confused because on ebay, there is a presidential open for the week I wanted. I was under the impression that once they are full, they are full.

Remember, these are all individual people grabbing reservations. Some of these people have made a good business grabbing reservations to rent on ebay.
Closed Thread