Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #916
MLG4MSU
Earning My Ears

Just back from great stay 11/8-11/14. This is an awesome place. Asked for a high floor firework view about 1 week before we left. Got fireworks view -- Building 4, 7th floor room 776 (2BR deluxe). Kids loved it. Room was very clean (furniture was a little beat up though -- there was a note apologizing for condition of couch and chair where leather was peeling -- not a big deal to us). We were able to check in and get our room when we arrived around 2:00 p.m. Not bothered that much by sales (though had phone unplugged majority of time) -- only received invitations slid under door to breakfast offering AMEX card to go to 90 minute presentation. Pools were great -- kids loved pool outside tower 6. Can't wait to stay again. We booked through Farrell and everything was as smooth as could be.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #917
MLG4MSU
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyHereWeCome! View Post
I'm curious about this too. We are renting points from Ken Price at the end of July. I just got the confirmation from Wyndham yesterday, and it does say "may require room change". I sure hope not, as this would be a big pain!

Just got back -- because of our dates (Tuesday thru Monday) we required two confirmations. It said we might need to change rooms. I asked Farrell (who we booked thru) and he said they would combine the two so no move would be necessary. I called and confirmed this before we went with the front desk -- not a problem -- they combined the two. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #918
RjLagarde
Earning My Ears

Sharing Memories

We stayed on second floor in bldg to left of main bldg. Hearing your story about the 7th floor brought back memories of our stay which seems like yesterday. It was march of 2009.

I remember thinking the view of the fireworks display really gave perspective to how close WBC is to all the Disney parks. The big Epcot golf ball is waiting for Paul Bunyan to walk up and take a swing at it.

Our favorite feature was the lazy river.

RJL
Old 11-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #919
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Old 11-15-2011, 11:08 PM   #920
DCTooTall

Old 11-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #921
DCTooTall

Old 11-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #922
DCTooTall

I hope the pictures i took of the information about the new restaurants and spa come in handy.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 AM   #923
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I hope the pictures i took of the information about the new restaurants and spa come in handy.
Fabulous!!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #924
Tracey123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great info. It's nice to see that there are more options to choose from at the resort.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #925
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey123 View Post
Great info. It's nice to see that there are more options to choose from at the resort.
I noticed that the sheet didn't have a lot of information for the new pool bar or the coffee bar in the lobby of the hotel.

The Pool Bar has more of the same typical pub type foods. The most interesting thing I noticed was the infamous "Krispy Kreme Burger".... basically, a burger with a Krispy kreme donut cut in half used as the bun.

The Coffee Bar sells various pastries, Starbucks Coffee (and Fraps), smoothies, etc. I also noticed they had some ice cream over on one side, so i'm assuming they sell the ice cream too.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #926
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

I have stayed twice at Bonnet Creek now, Jan 2011 and May 2011 and both time had nice stays in Tower 5.

I apologize in advance for this question as it is quite an uncomfortable topic.

I was reading Tripadvisor reviews and see that a couple of them mention seeing cockroaches. I also see that a poster near the beginning of this Part 2 thread saw a cockroach.

Has anyone else seen cockroaches?

Normally I would not pay much attention to negative reviews on Tripadvisor, but seeing the post in this thread makes the claim a bit more believable.

Also, during my May 2011 stay I do remember the room being quite dusty and in need of a full cleaning

Please let me know your thoughts and I am very close to booking Bonnet Creek for my December vacation but now am thinking twice!

Sorry again for the icky topic!!

:: Aug 2005 CSR :: Aug 2005 AsMu :: Sep 2006 CSR :: Sep 2007 AsMu :: Apr 2008 (Royal Pacific Universal) :: May 2009 Contemporary & Windsor Hills :: May 2010 Windsor Hills :: Oct 2010 offsite & Beach Club Villas :: Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Sheraton Safari & Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: May 2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: Sep 2011 Old Key West & AsSp :: Dec 2011 Bluegreen The Fountains & Springhill Suites at Seaworld :: Feb 2012 Pop Century :: Jun 2012 Courtyard Marriott Village :: Sep 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village :: Dec 2012 AsMu :: Feb 2013 Encantada :: May 2013 Disneyland! :: June 2013 Hampton Inn South LBV :: Sep 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House & Saratoga Springs Resort :: Dec 2013 Pop Century & AsMu :: Feb 2014 Windsor Hills & AsSp :: Mar 2014 AsSp :: May 2014 Encantada :: Aug 2014 AsSp :: Sep 2014 Disneyland! :: ...and 2 times as a wee one ::
Old 11-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #927
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle599 View Post

Hi everyone!

I have stayed twice at Bonnet Creek now, Jan 2011 and May 2011 and both time had nice stays in Tower 5.

I apologize in advance for this question as it is quite an uncomfortable topic.

I was reading Tripadvisor reviews and see that a couple of them mention seeing cockroaches. I also see that a poster near the beginning of this Part 2 thread saw a cockroach.

Has anyone else seen cockroaches?

Normally I would not pay much attention to negative reviews on Tripadvisor, but seeing the post in this thread makes the claim a bit more believable.

Also, during my May 2011 stay I do remember the room being quite dusty and in need of a full cleaning

Please let me know your thoughts and I am very close to booking Bonnet Creek for my December vacation but now am thinking twice!

Sorry again for the icky topic!!

I've now stayed there 4 times.... once in 2009 and 3 seperate week long trips this year. I have never seen a cockroach in my room/building.

That being said.... I wouldn't doubt the possibility of someone seeing them. It is a big resort, some people are just NASTY, especcially when staying in a hotel/resort.... and roaches are very resilient creatures. Therefore, I'd think it would be virtually impossible to keep them out of the place 100% of the time.

Overall the resort is very clean, and they are refurbing some of the original buildings, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #928
MsCoz2000
NJ Shore Girl

I'm not saying that people who have claimed to see cockroaches didn't.....but a few years bacK I stayed at Wyndham Cypress Palms. I was putting stuff away and I saw what I swore was a cockroach. Well me and bugs do not get along so I screamed at the top of my lungs and rannnnnnnn. We called maintenance and they came almost right away. Turns out what I saw was a plametto bug... very common in Florida. To me they look like a cockroaches twin, so Im just saying maybe, just maybe thats what they saw.
March '09 (POP) July '09 (POP) Sept/Oct '09 (POP & Bonnet Creek) Nov '09 (POP) Feb '10 (Offsite) Sept/Oct '10 (Bonnet Creek) Dec '10 (Yacht Club) March '11 (YC & Bonnet Creek) April '12 (Bonnet Creek) April '13 (Bonnet Creek)

Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #929
Belle599
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've now stayed there 4 times.... once in 2009 and 3 seperate week long trips this year. I have never seen a cockroach in my room/building.

That being said.... I wouldn't doubt the possibility of someone seeing them. It is a big resort, some people are just NASTY, especcially when staying in a hotel/resort.... and roaches are very resilient creatures. Therefore, I'd think it would be virtually impossible to keep them out of the place 100% of the time.

Overall the resort is very clean, and they are refurbing some of the original buildings, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCoz2000 View Post
I'm not saying that people who have claimed to see cockroaches didn't.....but a few years bacK I stayed at Wyndham Cypress Palms. I was putting stuff away and I saw what I swore was a cockroach. Well me and bugs do not get along so I screamed at the top of my lungs and rannnnnnnn. We called maintenance and they came almost right away. Turns out what I saw was a plametto bug... very common in Florida. To me they look like a cockroaches twin, so Im just saying maybe, just maybe thats what they saw.
Thank you both for your speedy feedback!

MsCoz2000, I think that a palmetto bug is a type of cockroach, a really big one. We had one in a vacation home and I had the exact same reaction as you. I SCREAMED and ran. Poor DH had to deal with it.
:: Aug 2005 CSR :: Aug 2005 AsMu :: Sep 2006 CSR :: Sep 2007 AsMu :: Apr 2008 (Royal Pacific Universal) :: May 2009 Contemporary & Windsor Hills :: May 2010 Windsor Hills :: Oct 2010 offsite & Beach Club Villas :: Dec 2010/Jan 2011 Sheraton Safari & Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: May 2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort :: Sep 2011 Old Key West & AsSp :: Dec 2011 Bluegreen The Fountains & Springhill Suites at Seaworld :: Feb 2012 Pop Century :: Jun 2012 Courtyard Marriott Village :: Sep 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village :: Dec 2012 AsMu :: Feb 2013 Encantada :: May 2013 Disneyland! :: June 2013 Hampton Inn South LBV :: Sep 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House & Saratoga Springs Resort :: Dec 2013 Pop Century & AsMu :: Feb 2014 Windsor Hills & AsSp :: Mar 2014 AsSp :: May 2014 Encantada :: Aug 2014 AsSp :: Sep 2014 Disneyland! :: ...and 2 times as a wee one ::
Old 11-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #930
shalom
DIS Veteran

My mother is The Queen of Clean, and when we lived in North Carolina, we had cockroaches. Not like you get them on Military bases (where they'll spray one apartment and the cockroaches just migrate to the next ), and not as a regular thing, but we'd see one once in a great while. To completely and permanently eliminate them on a long-term basis you have to seal the place almost to an unhealthy degree, and also keep the moisture down -- but since condensation on the pipes is sufficient moisture for them, that's tough to do in the American South.

So most people (and most businesses) rely on general cleanliness supplemented by poisons. It's an on-going battle. Every Florida resort I've read up on (including Disney's), that has a fair number of reviews, there are cockroach reports. So the mention of the occasional cockroach, or even a couple of dead cockroaches (likely meaning they're spraying - cockroaches eat their dead, so I would guess that in a thriving colony you're less likely to find dead ones hanging around), doesn't get me wound up.

Personally, I'm more worried by your report of a dusty room in need of a good cleaning.

Completely OT: Cockroach robots! (The robots are kind of interesting to look at; the cockroaches hanging out with them, not so much...)

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=16328789
Closed Thread