Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #901
harding0010
Mouseketeer
 
harding0010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 106

Is check-in better if I wait until 7 pm?
__________________
harding0010 is offline  
Old 11-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #902
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by harding0010 View Post
Is check-in better if I wait until 7 pm?
Loads. The lobby can be virtually deserted by that point since the mad checkin rush is over.
DCTooTall is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #903
dprice72
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16

Thanks for all the great feedback... We are staying at Bonnet Creek the first time for a full week in early 2012. We bought a 2BR condo on eBay for a great price. Hoping this works out okay.

One question... I have seen a few references to folks having to move rooms mid-stay. Is this normal?
dprice72 is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #904
MickeyHereWeCome!
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Posts: 1,423

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprice72 View Post
Thanks for all the great feedback... We are staying at Bonnet Creek the first time for a full week in early 2012. We bought a 2BR condo on eBay for a great price. Hoping this works out okay.

One question... I have seen a few references to folks having to move rooms mid-stay. Is this normal?
I'm curious about this too. We are renting points from Ken Price at the end of July. I just got the confirmation from Wyndham yesterday, and it does say "may require room change". I sure hope not, as this would be a big pain!
__________________
Karen
'97, '00, '03, '05





Animal Kingdom 2002
All Star Movies 2004
All Star Movies October 2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2009
Offsite Surprise Trip June 2010
Surprise Trip July 2012, Bonnet Creek/AKL
MickeyHereWeCome! is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 AM   #905
shalom
DIS Veteran
 
shalom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyHereWeCome! View Post
I just got the confirmation from Wyndham yesterday, and it does say "may require room change".
Great. We're thinking about getting a two week reservation there in 2013, which would be two separate reservations with RCI; I was hoping we could get them joined but if single reservations have a risk of moving sounds like the odds are against me. *sigh*
shalom is offline  
Old 11-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #906
ski_mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
Great. We're thinking about getting a two week reservation there in 2013, which would be two separate reservations with RCI; I was hoping we could get them joined but if single reservations have a risk of moving sounds like the odds are against me. *sigh*
When we went we stayed for I think it was 12 nights and actually had 4 different reservations. I didn't fully understand why it had to be done that way, but at any rate...it all worked out just fine. They linked the 4 reservatons together for us and we never had to change rooms.

Our reservations also had that statement on them about possibly have to have a room change, but we didn't have to. I think they try to avoid them at all costs. It would be expensive from their end too...having to get the room ready for a new set of guests rather than having you stay in the same unit.
__________________
Me DH DD17 DD16 DS11
ski_mom is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #907
JennLK
DIS Veteran
 
JennLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 794

So, we just got back from our first stay - we absolutely loved it here ... I will write up a review but it may take awhile - so feel free to ask questions in the meanwhile.
__________________


Cruise: Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11
SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07

Jenn
JennLK is offline  
Old 11-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #908
krystalleigh1
DIS Veteran
 
krystalleigh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,049

Do they provide laundry detergent at WBC? If so, what kind is it? DS has really sensitive skin so I'm probably going to have to pack our own brand.
__________________
Sept. 2002-All Star Music -me -dh
Nov. 2006-POP -me -dh -ds
2007-POP, -me, -dh, -ds, -dm
Nov. 2008-POFQ me, ds, dd, dm
Sept. 2009-POP me, dglasses dh ds, dd, dm

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/f3mganmdlzo6ua8j.png[/img]
krystalleigh1 is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #909
JennLK
DIS Veteran
 
JennLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 794

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalleigh1 View Post
Do they provide laundry detergent at WBC? If so, what kind is it? DS has really sensitive skin so I'm probably going to have to pack our own brand.

It was country save - it is actually not bad. There are very few additives in that brand. Many people actually use this brand for washing of cloth diapers. I think we only used 1/2 a packet per load and they gave us 4 packets.

On that note they also came in and cleaned our room(to our surprise) on our 7th day - and provided clean towels and extra soap/coffee and all of that type of stuff as well.
__________________


Cruise: Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11
SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07

Jenn
JennLK is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #910
shalom
DIS Veteran
 
shalom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_mom View Post
Our reservations also had that statement on them about possibly have to have a room change, but we didn't have to. I think they try to avoid them at all costs. It would be expensive from their end too...having to get the room ready for a new set of guests rather than having you stay in the same unit.
Your logic is reassuring. They may not be able to do it, but clearly the odds are in my favor. Thanks.
shalom is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #911
aaronandterri
We love disney!
Does that mean were ok?
 
aaronandterri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: uk kent / london
Posts: 1,867

can anyone tell me if there is a charge to use one of those phone cards you purchase in walmart where you dial a free phone number to get access....hubby got one to call home (international) but wasnt sure if he would get charged for it by the resort...?
__________________




My how they Grow~ My very own Captin Jack *
aaronandterri is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #912
dadschum
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: a few miles north of Beantown
Posts: 153

Difference between Standard, Deluxe, Presidential

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between, among the 3 room types: Standard, Deluxe, Presidential.

Are the furnishings different, floor plans, locations in the resort, size, etc.

I am probably interested in either a 2 or 3 bedroom.

Does anyone know what the average cost is for each by going through Ken Price, Farrell, Utopia.

Possibly interested in Sep-Nov or May. And this would be for 2014 so I know the rates will change but just looking for an idea.

Thank you
dadschum is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #913
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

FYI people,

I just got back from a trip, and among the things I picked up.... a packet with the Menu's and pricing for the new hotel restaurants and the Spa. I'll post them as soon as I finish getting caught up on life and can get a picture taken and uploaded of the information.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dadschum View Post
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between, among the 3 room types: Standard, Deluxe, Presidential.

Are the furnishings different, floor plans, locations in the resort, size, etc.

I am probably interested in either a 2 or 3 bedroom.

Does anyone know what the average cost is for each by going through Ken Price, Farrell, Utopia.

Possibly interested in Sep-Nov or May. And this would be for 2014 so I know the rates will change but just looking for an idea.

Thank you
The "Standard", "Deluxe", and "Presidential" designations are classifications within the Wyndham Timeshare system. A room's amenities and furnishings would determine which level designation it would receive. This is designed, in part, to help give members an idea of what to expect from a room at any given resort within the Wyndham System at a glance.

"Standard" rooms are going to be your basic Timeshare Suite. nothing too fancy. when you are refering to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Specifically, There are no "Standard" rooms.

"Deluxe" rooms are basically going to be the same as a "Standard" room, with the addition of a in-room jacuzzi or whirlpool tub. Most units at WBC are of this type.

"Presidential" units receive upgraded furnishings/appliances/ etc. For WBC, this will include tile floors in the common areas, Hardwood ceilings, stainless steel appliances, and upgraded leather furniture.


At WBC, You can find 1,2, and 3bdrm Deluxe units in every tower. All 1,2, and 3bdrm Presidential units however are in Tower 6. 4bdrm Presidentials can be found in all towers.

As for cost.... it's really hard to say. Even within the windows you've given, you can cross over several different cost periods (value/peak/high/etc). Most of the commercial renters base their pricing off the cost ofthe points required to rent the room. This also means that there is a chance that since this resort is gaining in popularity, it could become harder for the renters to utilize some of the tricks they currently use to take advantage of the system in order to lower their costs. Your best bet might be to contact the renters direct to see if they might be able to give you a ballpark idea based off a date. The # of points required (before discounts) don't change for a given week from year to year, so it would at least give you a starting point to work from.
DCTooTall is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #914
casper_jj11
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
FYI people,

I just got back from a trip, and among the things I picked up.... a packet with the Menu's and pricing for the new hotel restaurants and the Spa. I'll post them as soon as I finish getting caught up on life and can get a picture taken and uploaded of the information.
.
Ohhh, yeah! I can't wait to see the info on the restaurants!
__________________
Joanne (Our cast: me DH DS8 DD5 DS3)
August 2006 - ASMo (7 days); March 2007 - ASMo (5 days); July 2008 - POR and Dolphin (14 days); February 2009 - Poly and Swan (10 days)
August 2010 - DD's Wish Trip! Grand Floridian (11 days) (PreTrip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443630)
Princess Sydney's Magical Wish Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38079645
casper_jj11 is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #915
pattysgirl
Jersey Girl
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 28

just got back..

We had a great stay - from 11/6 -11/12 in a 2 bdrm deluxe, tower 5. We did eat our first night at the new hotel restaurant, the outdoor/covered Backwater Bay (? I think that was the right name). I had a salad, which was fine, my dh had a wrap, but I think he was most excited about all the tvs showing football games - it was a Sunday night and it had been a long, 18 hr drive ...They had burgers on the menu, including one that was between 2 Krispy Kreme donuts, that I did see a couple of people eating.

We did not, unfortunately, get a chance to order a frozen beverage from the pool bar @ Tower 4, we did wanted to do that but ran out of time.Oh well, guess we'll just have to go back
pattysgirl is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.