Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #826
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilasmom View Post
i'm looking online and currently on hold with their 800 #, but does anyone have the direct phone number for bc ? We checked out this morning and left baby pluto by mistake, of course he's not available at disneystore.com or our local disney store.

By the way, the resort was great.. We were first timers offsite and we'll never stay onsite again..we used vacationstrategy and they were awesome !

Thanks
407-238-3500
Old 10-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #827
lilasmom
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the #! Baby Pluto was turned in and I can now arrange for his flight home.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #828
fuzzyjelly
Earning My Ears

We are here in our one bedroom presidential and it is jaw-droppingly gorgeous! Seriously, my mouth was gaping open when we first came in. I never want to leave!

I'll post pictures and our view later. For now I'm on vacation and I'm going to live it up!
Old 10-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #829
crystaldawn
Mouseketeer

We just got home. Had a great stay in a two bedroom. We had a fireworks view per our request and it could not have been more perfect. At check in (around 2:30) we were told our room was not ready... we gave our cell phone number but never ended up leaving the lobby because they were doing balloon animals and our kids got in line... we got a call about 15 min later that we were all set. At the "parking pass" desk she gave us the paper to fill out and I put the second lowest income possible and never got a call. They forgot to give us our actual parking pass so I came back later although I was assured it was not a big deal to not have it.

Our room was clean. Everything was in good repair (with the exception of a wiggly leg on the coffee table). We were in tower 5. The lazy river was great and even on the cooler day was plenty warm for us to enjoy. We also used the pool area at tower 6 and enjoyed the slide there as well. Noise was not a problem at all in our room. I wasn't really sure there was anyone else around us until we actually saw some ppl in the hall and one morning smelled their breakfast cooking (while we were in the hall). My only room "complaint" was the shower heads. I have four kids, the shower is often my only quiet time and the shower heads were just a little lacking imo.

We didn't end up using the bussing but it looked like they were leaving on time according to the times we were given at checkin. We did use the on site transport over to the playground one morning. The kids enjoyed the golf cart style experience.

There was wifi in the lobby of the main building and our own. It was not the most reliable which caused an issue one morning when I couldn't get on the disney site to check reservations... but it all turned out fine. Also there are free computers in the activity area of the main building including one that can be used for boarding pass printing only which was nice the morning of our flight. Plus there is a starbucks which was nice that morning as well.

All in all we had a great experience. We actually prefer the room setup to that of Saratoga Springs which is where we have stayed previously. I also prefer the hallways being "indoors" rather than open like SS. And frankly we paid for 6 days what we would have paid for ONE day on property in a similar room so the value simply cannot be beat.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #830
carpetride
Earning My Ears

WooHoo! Just got booked for a 2BR for December with the under 60 days rate. DW had been wanting to stay onsite this trip, I was begrudgingly willing to but when I showed her this resort and the cost and she was immediately on board. We stayed at the Waldorf last trip and liked the location. This will be our first visit during the Christmas season, I suspect we are all in for an awakening!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:13 AM   #831
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=brucerob62;43004335]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I need some recommendations on who to book through. I've tried one and they didn't answer me.

I'd really like to get a presedential suite. Is there anywa to request one of those?[/QUIOTE
I highly recommendwww. vacationstrategy.com..the people who own the sight are owners..started there own biz..so nice to deal with one person..got a 5 nite 2 bd for $400 in nov ..very easy to rent from
Thanks! I just emailed them.

Okay, a question yall....right now I am not finding 3 bedroom presidentials under $170 for mid January.The presidential is not necessary, but it would be nice to surprise DH with that. But I really want to stay closer to $100 a night if possible.

When I look at different sites and ebay, the rates seem to be a lot lower closer to the time. So I'm guessing it makes more sense to wait until last minute. I just don't know if waiting last minute will knock out any chance of the presidentials.

We want to go the week of January 23rd. Im somewhat flexable on dates and length of stay, but I really want to be over there January 23 for DS's birthday. We only live an hour and a half away though so it's not like I have to have everything planned way ahead of time. Nor do we HAVE to stay here. It just looks so pretty!

I just want to confirm that it makes more sense for me to look closer to the dates.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #832
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Bonniec;43031511]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post

Thanks! I just emailed them.

Okay, a question yall....right now I am not finding 3 bedroom presidentials under $170 for mid January.The presidential is not necessary, but it would be nice to surprise DH with that. But I really want to stay closer to $100 a night if possible.

When I look at different sites and ebay, the rates seem to be a lot lower closer to the time. So I'm guessing it makes more sense to wait until last minute. I just don't know if waiting last minute will knock out any chance of the presidentials.

We want to go the week of January 23rd. Im somewhat flexable on dates and length of stay, but I really want to be over there January 23 for DS's birthday. We only live an hour and a half away though so it's not like I have to have everything planned way ahead of time. Nor do we HAVE to stay here. It just looks so pretty!

I just want to confirm that it makes more sense for me to look closer to the dates.
Hate to be a downer but I don't think you'll find a 3 bedroom, let alone a presidential 3 bedroom in the $100 a night range. Absolutely not a problem on a 2 bedroom and you could easily wait that out, but 3 bedrooms aren't in big supply and 3bd pres are even fewer. So if that is your main request I would either contact several owners that have been listed in this thread multiple times and do a price comparison and decide if any of those work IF there is even availability or wait it out and be open to a 2 bedroom as a plan B (which will also be in your price range without an issue).

Our 3BR Pres booked several months ago but at the "inside 60 day" rate is 150 a night.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #833
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Np thanks! Im showing DH videos on You Tube and now he wants the Pres. So I guess we'll be okay going for a higher rate, lol
Old 10-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #834
kaytieedid
Mouseketeer

1 Bedroom Presidential

Does anyone know the bed configuration in the 1 bedroom presidential suites? Is it 1 king or 2 doubles??
thanks!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #835
marko
Mouseketeer

I am looking to rent a unit checking in on Christmas or the following day. Would the 60 day mark be from the check in date or the check out date. Also, has anyone had any experience renting during Christmas week? I haven't really seen anything on ebay.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #836
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieedid View Post
Does anyone know the bed configuration in the 1 bedroom presidential suites? Is it 1 king or 2 doubles??
thanks!
king, I will post some pictures. I just returned Tuesday from staying in a 1 BR presidential.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #837
snappy
Survivor

My unit at the Wyndham was big enough to have a dance party in

my bedroom

dining room I did not use

Kitchen

bath

Last edited by snappy; 10-23-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #838
snappy
Survivor

View at sunset
Old 10-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #839
snappy
Survivor

From my balcony

using my zoom

Further left I caught the hat at the Studios

Last edited by snappy; 10-23-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #840
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieedid View Post
thanks!
One king and a sleeper sofa in the living room.
Closed Thread