Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #811
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
Has anyone ever tipped the person at the check-in desk to help you get a requested tower or view, or if wanting to change rooms? We often tip at hotels when checking in, but I am not sure about a timeshare resort.
No but I've been tempted to slap the blonde twit at the "parking pass" (i.e. Timeshare sales pitch body-snatcher) desk.

Chill...I didn't.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #812
SalandJeff
Disney Addict x2
Likes a nice hot cup of tea

Has the hotel opened? Can anyone report on the restaurants in the hotel.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #813
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

brucerob62

[QUOTE=Bonniec;42991235]I need some recommendations on who to book through. I've tried one and they didn't answer me.

I'd really like to get a presedential suite. Is there anywa to request one of those?[/QUIOTE
I highly recommendwww. vacationstrategy.com..the people who own the sight are owners..started there own biz..so nice to deal with one person..got a 5 nite 2 bd for $400 in nov ..very easy to rent from
Old 10-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #814
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalandJeff View Post
Has the hotel opened? Can anyone report on the restaurants in the hotel.
The hotel opened Oct 1st. someone posted a general review of the hotel in one of the Wyndham Grand threads here, which went over the basics of the food options. (Pool bar, Nice Show Kitchen TS, coffee shop w/ sandwiches and patries, etc).

We may need to wait a little bit before we get a full on review of the restaurants from people who have eaten there, but from just the initial report of the different options it's a dramatic improvement over what the Timeshare resort included.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #815
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

So I'm looking for a 3 bedroom for the week of January 23rd. Every place I am trying is pretty high. Is that because it's a few months out?
Old 10-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #816
saucymb
Mouseketeer
I am an organizing freak show and a sucker for a bargain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
I am thinking about a trip for November 2012...I am hoping to be able to get a reservation on ebay for Bonnet Creek. Most of the reservations I see on there for now are 7 days- Sun through Sat. Does anyone ever rent for a midweek stay? I am going to need a Thurs. night through Tues or Wed night? Does anyone have an idea how much a 2brm will run me for this?

Thanks!
We're doing a 4 night stay beginning next Wednesday, Oct. 26. You shouldn't hav etrouble doing that. We're paying $119/nt through Farrell's (eBay guy, used him twice before and he's great!).
Old 10-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #817
saucymb
Mouseketeer
I am an organizing freak show and a sucker for a bargain!

Can someone remind me about what's up with internet at Bonnet Creek? Wireless yet? I'm taking the iPad anyway, not sure if I need to bring the laptop as well.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:47 AM   #818
linnell
DIS Veteran

The wireless is spotty at best. I could get it during the day from inside my room, in the evening, sometimes on the balcony.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #819
HeatherC
Alas...these people I live with take up too much room

BonnieC...just sent you a PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #820
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
So I'm looking for a 3 bedroom for the week of January 23rd. Every place I am trying is pretty high. Is that because it's a few months out?
I'd say the biggest thing is that there are fewer 3Bdrm units at the resort than 2bdrm units. As a result, It's not as guaranteed that the owner would be able to get a great last minute discount on the point cost.

Beyond that, can't say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucymb View Post
Can someone remind me about what's up with internet at Bonnet Creek? Wireless yet? I'm taking the iPad anyway, not sure if I need to bring the laptop as well.
Wired internet. I believe the main common areas have wireless (pool bars/ lobby area), and I've heard enough reports from the Presidential Units in Tower 6 to believe that building likely has a decent wireless signal in it.

Beyond those area and Tower 6, the only wireless you are likely to receive is either the spotty signal from one of those areas, or from another guest who brought their own wireless router to plug into their room's network connection.

The cost of retrofitting the old buildings with Wireless makes it unlikely that the Resort's HOA would approve the capital expenditures.

It's also not the easiest from an engineering standpoint to retrofit an existing tower with a good uniform wireless network. You have a lot of factors to consider such as antennae placement to provide optimal coverage, the impact of obstructions such as walls to that signal, other interference sources, and the wireless channel selection used by each access point in order to prevent the AP's interfering with each other or the connecting devices from constantly trying to jump AP's.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #821
mnorton
Mouseketeer

Vrbo

Has anyone every used VRBO (Vacation Rentals by Owner) to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek?

Old 10-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #822
tinkerbell181
Mouseketeer

Do we need to bring our own cord for the internet, or is one provided? TIA!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:31 PM   #823
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell181 View Post
Do we need to bring our own cord for the internet, or is one provided? TIA!
There is a short (um... 3ft? 6ft? I forget) patch cable provided that is already plugged into the phone. The length though means are are pretty much stuck using your computer while seated at the bar. (I've personally found that stealing a couch cushion can make those bar stools much more comfortable when seated for long periods.)
Old 10-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #824
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnorton View Post
Has anyone every used VRBO (Vacation Rentals by Owner) to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek?
That was how I found Lori with Sun or Snow Vacation Rentals. I have rented from her 3 times now.

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 10-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #825
lilasmom
DIS Veteran

Direct phone number ?

I'm looking online and currently on hold with their 800 #, but does anyone have the direct phone number for BC ? We checked out this morning and left baby pluto by mistake, of course he's not available at disneystore.com or our local disney store.

By the way, the resort was great.. we were first timers offsite and we'll never stay onsite again..we used Vacationstrategy and they were awesome !

Thanks

Closed Thread