Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #766
Tracey123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmla View Post
I'm looking at booking a one bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a girls' getaway in early December. The unit is a one bedroom with a sleeper sofa but that's pretty much all I know. Is there a building that would be best for us? We're two women in our 50s, no kids on this trip. We'd like something convenient to a pool (doesn't have to have a slide or anything) and a shuttle stop.

Thanks!
I would look at renting a two bedroom this way each of you have your own room and no one has to sleep on the pullout sofa. The one bedroom only have a king size bed. For Adults I would choose bldg 4, 5 or 6.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #767
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I could use some advise. I'm trying to weed through the info but there is so much! lol

We only live an hour and a half away from Disney and go almost every weekend. Occasionally we will stay over for one night. And then occasionally we will stay for 4-5 nights.

We've stayed at Palisades resort a lot, but this looks way better and much closer!

Anyway, we are a family of 5 (kids ages 17, 17, and 5). We tend to like quieter, more relaxed things and my youngest is very shy and quiet. (Made the mistake once of staying at Nickelodeon and it was awful for us. Too obnoxious!)

1. Should we be looking for certain buildings/areas?

2. Where should we look for reserving? Since we are close, we are able to do a lot of last minute stuff if that helps.

3. Any other tips I should know about?

4. And what is that pay it forward thread about?

5. Do Wynham rewards work there? Just wondering if I should sign up.

6. What does a "presidentual suite" actually mean?

It would be awesome to find a place we could consistently stay at. I'm getting tired of bouncing to different places.

Last edited by Bonniec; 10-12-2011 at 11:29 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #768
jsmla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey123 View Post
I would look at renting a two bedroom this way each of you have your own room and no one has to sleep on the pullout sofa. The one bedroom only have a king size bed. For Adults I would choose bldg 4, 5 or 6.
Thanks, we're definitely going to go for the one bedroom due to price. I don't mind a sofa bed. Are the one bedrooms scattered throughout the resort?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #769
linnell
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to share a look at the new hotel pool taken from my balcony this morning.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #770
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleGirl View Post
We are going in April. I am a government employee and trying a site I heard about here on the Dis. http://www.getravelop.com/index.html We got a 1-bedroom for 7 nights for $392 including tax.
I also rented from them .... same price for the last week of Jan 2012. At first I thought only federal empoyees would qualify but I called and nope state and local also can rent thru them. So looking forward to our trip!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #771
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I could use some advise. I'm trying to weed through the info but there is so much! lol

We only live an hour and a half away from Disney and go almost every weekend. Occasionally we will stay over for one night. And then occasionally we will stay for 4-5 nights.

We've stayed at Palisades resort a lot, but this looks way better and much closer!

Anyway, we are a family of 5 (kids ages 17, 17, and 5). We tend to like quieter, more relaxed things and my youngest is very shy and quiet. (Made the mistake once of staying at Nickelodeon and it was awful for us. Too obnoxious!)

1. Should we be looking for certain buildings/areas?

2. Where should we look for reserving? Since we are close, we are able to do a lot of last minute stuff if that helps.

3. Any other tips I should know about?

4. And what is that pay it forward thread about?

5. Do Wynham rewards work there? Just wondering if I should sign up.

6. What does a "presidentual suite" actually mean?

It would be awesome to find a place we could consistently stay at. I'm getting tired of bouncing to different places.
I'll see if i can answer some of your questions. The Wyndham Bonnett Creek resort is a timeshare resort, so if you are only looking for a single night (or 2), It may be harder to find them. That being said, you also likely won't find any great last minute deals for an empty room like you might at a regular hotel.

1. If you are going to primarily visit the parks, I wouldn't worry about requesting a particular tower or area. The biggest advantage one tower may have over another is the pools closest to that particular tower, or potentially the proximity to the shuttle stops. If you aren't planning on using the pools, then that wouldn't be a factor for you. The closest tower to the Disney shuttle is tower 6. 5, 4, and 1 are next door to the shuttle stops, and tower 2 and 3 aren't very far either. If you drive to the parks, then this wouldn't be a factor either.

2. the Wyndham Bonnett Creek resort has it's own site, but that wouldn't be the best place to get them. You might try someplace like RCI's last minute deals site or weekend getaways (Would require RCI membership) ..... but ultimately your best bet would be with places like Ebay, vacationupgrades.com (ken price), Farrell Vacations, etc. There are a lot of commercial rental outfits that you can go thru.

3. Biggest tip might be the whole "mark the lowest income level" trick when getting your parking pass to avoid being asked to go on the sales speil.

4. The Easiest way to explain the Pay It Forward thread might be it's something similar to a POP Fridge Swap. There are a lot of DIS'ers who stay at the resort, so there are currently 2 bins which are being passed from group to group which may contain things like left over food/soda/beer, poncho's, laundry detergent, etc.. It started as a way for people to pass along those supplies you may get for your stay in the condo, but couldn't use all of during a single week. Rather than throw away what was left, or need to find a place to pack it in your luggage to bring home, you can just place it in the bin and pass it along to someone checking in after you leave.

5. Yes... and no. It's a timeshare resort, so you don't get rewards or perks like you would at a Wyndham Hotel. For owners however, there are ways you can tie your Wyndham Rewards program membership in with your Wyndham Vacation Ownership account. These consist of primarily either converting your owned points into Reward Program points, or using Reward Program points to pay your maintenance fees. As someone who doesn't own there however, you won't see any benefits.

6. A "Presidential Suite" is a unit with certain upgraded features over a regular "Deluxe" unit at the resort. These upgrades may consist of things such as granite countertops (although it appears that the deluxe's are starting to get granite as part of their regular refurbs), Stainless Steel appliances, hardwood floors, etc..

A couple other things that might be worth looking into or noting:

* The Wyndham Grand hotel at Bonnett Creek recently opened. This is a regular hotel located within the same resort complex as the timeshare resort. As a regular hotel, you may find more typical 'hotel' type last minute deals available here, as well as it allowing you to tie in a Wyndham Rewards program membership to your stay. There hasn't been a whole lot of information on the hotel posted on the DIS yet however, so I can't tell you how it compares to the timeshare units when it comes to space/cost/etc.

* Since you make regular shorter trips, and if you find that you like the resort enough to buy into it.....DO NOT BUY RETAIL! You can find some great deals on Wyndham points via the resale market. That being said, because of the way the program is structured, it works better with longer stays. If you are only doing weekends and short trips, it may still be more cost effective to rent than to own because of the additional reservation transaction fees and housekeeping credits you may end up using during a year. (More information if you start to consider this option can be found on the Timeshare Users Group [TUG] Forums online.)

I hope this helps.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #772
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Awesome, ty so much

We likely would never buy. We do want to stay 4-6 nights mid January for m son's birthday so I think I'll start looking to stay there then.

I did just research the Hilton one, but I don't think they have rooms fitting 5 people. At least when I tried to search my dates, there was nothing. That's typical a lot for us. Always ends up being cheaper to stay in a suite of some sort as opposed to 2 hotel rooms.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:40 PM   #773
Ackpack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnell View Post
Just wanted to share a look at the new hotel pool taken from my balcony this morning.

Looks nice!! Have you checked out the new restaurants? Any good?

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

Old 10-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #774
benjyt
Mouseketeer

Subbing...

Headed to WBC on Saturday morning...

First Visit - Day Visitor, 1981 ~ First Overnight, FW 1982 ~ Former CM - Summer 1987 ~ Multiple Visits b/f Marriage in 2000 ~ WL Dec. 2002 ~ Poynesian Aug. 2004 ~ BCV/VWL Oct. 2005 ~ SSR July 2006 ~ VWL Oct. 2007 ~ VWL Oct. 2009 ~ WBC Oct. 2011 ~ WBC Oct. 2012 ~ FW 2013
Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #775
texasteacher35
DIS Veteran

Heading there on 10/30 with our friends! Can't wait! First stay at WBC...always stayed on property before now, but we are now Wyndham owners at 3 locations, including WBC! awesome! I'm so excited reading the threads about WBC!!! )))

DL GCV 4/2013...WLV 6/2013...SSR 7/2013
JANUARY 2012- BCV, DECEMBER 2012- SSR, AUGUST 2012- BWV, JUNE 2012-Our 1st Star Wars Weekend- BLT, 3/2012- BLT, 1/2012- BCV, 11/2011- WBC, MAY 2011/ CBR Pirate Room, 11/2010- CR Tower, 7/2010- YACHT CLUB, 11/2009- CBR Pirate Room, 10/2001- GF
Old 10-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #776
texasteacher35
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me about building 5? We are requesting fireworks view...is that a nice building or not?

DL GCV 4/2013...WLV 6/2013...SSR 7/2013
JANUARY 2012- BCV, DECEMBER 2012- SSR, AUGUST 2012- BWV, JUNE 2012-Our 1st Star Wars Weekend- BLT, 3/2012- BLT, 1/2012- BCV, 11/2011- WBC, MAY 2011/ CBR Pirate Room, 11/2010- CR Tower, 7/2010- YACHT CLUB, 11/2009- CBR Pirate Room, 10/2001- GF
Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #777
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Where can you find info on renting presedential suites? I cant seem to find those anywhere.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #778
bonzarella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasteacher35 View Post
Heading there on 10/30 with our friends! Can't wait! First stay at WBC...always stayed on property before now, but we are now Wyndham owners at 3 locations, including WBC! awesome! I'm so excited reading the threads about WBC!!! )))
see you there neighbor We check in on 28th. You will love BCR. We are Wyndham owners too, although we have never stayed at our home resorts
4/08 Star Island [12/07 Xmas @ Ft. W cabins 11/07 at Bonnet Creek 10/07 at Silver Lakes F&W&W&W&W 9/07 Bouncedback w/FDP @Pop at Bonnet Creek 6/07 Bonnet Creek OKW-offsite 3/07 Proud Parents of AKV 2/07 OKW-Pirate & Princess Party 11/06-OKW-MVMCP with KB! 9/06-Pop Century/FDP/Bonnet Creek 3/06-OKW-Spring Break10/05-OKW/MNSSHP 7/05-OKW/Vero Beach/OKW 3/05-Regal Palm 10/04-DVC MEMBERS
7/04-Fort Wilderness Cabins-1st Family trip

[
Old 10-13-2011, 08:15 AM   #779
Tracey123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasteacher35 View Post
Can anyone tell me about building 5? We are requesting fireworks view...is that a nice building or not?
Building 5 is a great location. There is a parking garage right outside so it's easy to find a spot. Bldg 4 & 5 are basically in the same area so you share the pools. Bldg 5 has a lazy river and 4 has a regular pool & hot tub. There is a bar by the pool at Bldg 4 where they occassionally have someone playing music.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #780
Tracey123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnell View Post

The pool looks a little small for a hotel - did it "feel" small?
Closed Thread