Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:40 AM   #751
PoohHappens
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnightin View Post
Thanks so much for the details! Two quick questions for you (or anyone else who wants to chime in!

- I have an 8 year old son, 5 year old daughter, and 1 year old daughter. Which pools do you think they would enjoy the most? Any sense of which building we should request based on this (getting a 3BR and thinking of Building #6 since it's newest). I think the 4 year old is too small for the pirate slide (she's 45" tall) - she'll love the other slide and the lazy river. The 1 year old would like zero entry.

- How were the pack & play and high chair? Were they clean and in good shape? I'm not usually very particular about germs, but all the talk of bed bugs has made me a little nervous about using a hotel pack & play. Welcome your feedback on this one!

Thanks so much!

Only 4 days til our trip!
The pack n play and high chair were both clean--the high chair was gray plastic restaurant type, the pack and play was low end, some of the mesh had small holes, but it was clean. It was quite firm, but my DS 2 did not mind. The pool at 6 has zero entry and the slide is a 48inch requirement. The other was I think at building 3 you have to be able to swim. We found that pool to be cold when we went. It does not get as much direct sun and I don't think it had a zero entry. There is a kiddie pool there too. The building 5 lazy river has a zero entry as well. There was a kiddie slash area and pool and another lazy river up by the main building too. Have a great trip. I think you will love it.
1995-Port Orleans 2000-All Star Sports
2003-Caribbean Beach 2004-All Star Movies
2005 Port Orleans Riverside 4/2007 Saratoga Springs
8/2007 POFQ 11/2008-off site
10/2011 Bonnet Creek
me- DH- DS- DD
Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #752
Bootxn
Earning My Ears

We have a 2 bedroom for Sat to Sat but not be able to check-in until Sunday morning. Does anyone know if this would be a problem? We should be able to get our room right away?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #753
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnightin View Post
- How were the pack & play and high chair? Were they clean and in good shape? I'm not usually very particular about germs, but all the talk of bed bugs has made me a little nervous about using a hotel pack & play. Welcome your feedback on this one!
Only 4 days til our trip!
I can't comment on the shape, but just wanted to add that I like to bring my own PnP sheet when we stay in hotels. Not sure it would totally prevent the bed bugs (if there were any), but it makes me feel a little better anyway.

Also, thanks for letting me know they have high chairs, I never even thought to request one!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #754
PoohHappens
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootxn View Post
We have a 2 bedroom for Sat to Sat but not be able to check-in until Sunday morning. Does anyone know if this would be a problem? We should be able to get our room right away?
When we got our confirmations from WBC in the mail before our trip there was a clause stating that you had to check in within 48 hours of your reservation or you lose it, that should give you plenty of time but I would still call.
1995-Port Orleans 2000-All Star Sports
2003-Caribbean Beach 2004-All Star Movies
2005 Port Orleans Riverside 4/2007 Saratoga Springs
8/2007 POFQ 11/2008-off site
10/2011 Bonnet Creek
me- DH- DS- DD
Old 10-11-2011, 07:28 AM   #755
Heath_Bar
First Family Trip Coming Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
Our coffee pot have always had the wire mesh we didn't use a filter.

I would but them at home and pack them, they are small and light, but I really don't think you will need them. Others can chime in if I am wrong, been to WBC 3 times.
Yes, last week we used the wire mesh filter also.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #756
Heath_Bar
First Family Trip Coming Up!

I just wanted to give a shout out for building 1. We just got back from a week there and although an older building, it was updated nicely. We did have black appliances (not stainless) but otherwise it was a very nice unit, and honestly, I don't care which color it is - it was newer and in great shape. My main reason for liking building 1 is location:

- Shuttle pick up/drop off spot right next to it
- Dry playground right outside - we could go down and let the kids play for 10 minutes while waiting for the rest of the group to get ready.
- Mini golf was close
- Kid activity grassy area is right there - one day they had a bounce house and yard games all set up.
- Close to main pool that had kid area, lazy river, zero entry and 5 ft depth for older kids jumping in.
- Since our kids weren't big enough for the water slides, I was glad we could avoid the pools with the slides, thus avoid whining about not being able to use them.
- Far away from the terrible loud evening karoake

We were gone at parks most days so being right on top of a pool wasn't a huge thing for us. If you want to stand on your deck and yell down to people at the pool, this isn't the buiilding for you. FIL has also stayed in building 6 and they liked that building better, but for us with our kids (ages 3 & 4) the building 1 location was great.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #757
Ackpack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohHappens View Post
The pack n play and high chair were both clean--the high chair was gray plastic restaurant type, the pack and play was low end, some of the mesh had small holes, but it was clean. It was quite firm, but my DS 2 did not mind. The pool at 6 has zero entry and the slide is a 48inch requirement. The other was I think at building 3 you have to be able to swim. We found that pool to be cold when we went. It does not get as much direct sun and I don't think it had a zero entry. There is a kiddie pool there too. The building 5 lazy river has a zero entry as well. There was a kiddie slash area and pool and another lazy river up by the main building too. Have a great trip. I think you will love it.
Wow! Thanks so much for discussing high chairs! I didn't know you could request those... that saves us A LOT of room in our checked bag! (not that we were going to pack our entire high chair (haha) but we were going to pack our chicco folding hook on chair)

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

Last edited by Ackpack; 10-11-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #758
jsmla
DIS Veteran

Best Building for Two Adults?

I'm looking at booking a one bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a girls' getaway in early December. The unit is a one bedroom with a sleeper sofa but that's pretty much all I know. Is there a building that would be best for us? We're two women in our 50s, no kids on this trip. We'd like something convenient to a pool (doesn't have to have a slide or anything) and a shuttle stop.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #759
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

I am SO glad to have found this thread!

My inlaws are Wyndham owners and we have been to many resorts. Loved all of them. However, I am a WDW snob! The last few years I have been staying for short trips in DVC. I have never stayed here, but my inlaws raved about it. We are booked for a week Feb 18-25.

So, experts, be honest. Am I going to be disappointed? Are you all going to laugh at my snobbery come March? Am I going to fall in love with theis resort and want to book every WDW trip here? Tips? Thoughts?

We currently have a 2 bedroom for my husband and I and our 7 year old. My inlaws will join us midweek.

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
Old 10-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #760
Maxwell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalansky View Post
Hello Bonnet Creek experts! I am trying to help a friend plan an Orlando vacation. Can you all tell me where I can get the best deal on getting them a room at WBC for 4 nights? I have seen it mentioned on here to rent from owners - how do I go about that? I checked Ebay but they only seem to be rentals for the immediate future. I am looking for April 2012. I remember a while back Vettechick had mentioned someone she used and trusted but it was a long time ago.

Any tips? Much appreciated!
I would like to know too. We are thinking of staying here next April for a few nights as well.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #761
natenapril
DIS Veteran

We decided on BC and will be there in 3 weeks. Are the buses ECV friendly? My dad and step mom will be with us and she has neuropathy. We could drive if need be though too.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #762
TnTWalter
DIS Veteran

best deals will be ebay closer to date...we went spring break last year and got on ebay a 2BR for 5 nights for $599. I booked it a couple months out maybe? can't remember. That was good for time we were going.

many on here use ken price vacationupgrades.com

April 2011 Offsite @ Bonnet Creek
June 2009 Offsite @ Windsor Hills followed by Beach Week @ Anna Maria Island
October 2007 Hawaii @ POLY
January 2006 Connecting Rooms @ POP 50s Sect.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #763
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzichic View Post
I just came back from 4 days at WBC and I wanted to share with you some observations.

First, if you plan on spending almost the entire day at Disney World it doesn't matter if you have a fireworks view. What does matter is how close you are to the bus if you plan to use it. At the end of the day, if you have to walk past three building to get to yours and your feet are killing you, you will really wish you had requested tower 6 or tower 1. Plus your kids will more than likely prefer to be in the pool instead of watching the fireworks.

Second, if your whirlpool doesn't work, check the breaker box.

Third, the the pirate ship slide is only open from 9-6. So don't tell your kids that they will get to go on the slide after a long day in Disney. They will only be disappointed.

Fourth, if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. The air conditioner unit is incredibly loud. Everyone I talked to said the same thing about theirs.

Fifth, consider bringing a rolling, grocery cart to bring in groceries or use the bellhop carts they keep for guest use on the ground floor.

We stayed in Tower 4, 12th floor. One piece of furniture was obviously damaged so I called the front desk to let them know. We came to Florida with 6 days of Disney passes and planned to stay all day at the parks and swim at night. It was close to the parks and the buses were great. We would stay here again but for our family of 6 we would get a 3 bedroom. We didn't use any of the resort amenities except the pool. The place was pretty quiet and there was very little sales pressure.

Hope this helps someone.
Totally helpful, thanks!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #764
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
I would like to know too. We are thinking of staying here next April for a few nights as well.
We got our Spring Break 3br off EBAY about a month and a half out. Easy transaction, I think we paid 1199 for 8 days.

We are planning to go back in May of 2012 and I will try ebay again, and Ken Price to see what he can get me.
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Old 10-12-2011, 07:07 AM   #765
MapleGirl
Perpetual Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
We are going in April. I am a government employee and trying a site I heard about here on the Dis. http://www.getravelop.com/index.html We got a 1-bedroom for 7 nights for $392 including tax.

Closed Thread