Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #61
photobob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfreud View Post
Second the internet - using the wired connection now!

The wifi in our room connected but was almost non-existent.

Kim
I always take a wireless router, plug it in a go!
*1997 CBR* *1999 ASMovies* *2001 ASMusic* *2003 Yacht Club* *2004 Yacht Club* *2005 Yacht Club* *2006 CSR* *2007 BWV* *2007 Vero Beach* *2008 VWL* *2008 DCL* *2008 BWV* *2009 Vero Beach* *2010 SSR* *2011 Beach Club!!**2013 AKV*
Old 06-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #62
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackpack View Post
How fun! We'll be there November 5-12. We're traveling with another couple and it'll be a first Disney trip for both of them. Our little guy will be 14 months and theirs will have just turned 1. We're very excited! If we're there at the same time maybe we'll see each other!
We willl be there from the 4th to the 12th.

Cruise: Fantasy 8/14 * MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11 SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #63
MLG4MSU
Earning My Ears

November 8 - 14 for us!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:30 PM   #64
SalandJeff
Disney Addict x2
Likes a nice hot cup of tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLuvsWDW View Post
... Best deal out there, especially when the new hotel opens in October and there are sit down restaurants...
We will be there Nov 5 - 11. Does anyone have any more info on the restaurants?

Me DH DD 10
Old 06-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #65
Ackpack
Earning My Ears

Wow so many people going the same week as us! How funny!

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

Old 06-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #66
pinktinkmommy
Earning My Ears

I am not trying to be a downer on this thread, but wanted to post some info from our trip earlier this month.

We had serious issues with the AC in our room (no air blew into secondary bedroom at all, plus no fan). It seems this is an occasional issue here. If this does happen, you need to override the air conditioning unit. It will either make the AC run non-stop (according to maintenance) or just override the motion sensor so it will keep cycling on/off while you are out of the unit (our experience and that of another poster here on the DIS). To do this, you need to press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. Once "6P" appears in the digital display, the unit is on override. Whenever possible, leave the doors to the warm room open. It will help immensely.

I'm not trying to alarm anyone, just want you to know how to help the issue in case it does happen. FYI- they did offer to change our room but we declined bc I didn't want to repack/unpack again.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #67
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktinkmommy View Post
I am not trying to be a downer on this thread, but wanted to post some info from our trip earlier this month.

We had serious issues with the AC in our room (no air blew into secondary bedroom at all, plus no fan). It seems this is an occasional issue here. If this does happen, you need to override the air conditioning unit. It will either make the AC run non-stop (according to maintenance) or just override the motion sensor so it will keep cycling on/off while you are out of the unit (our experience and that of another poster here on the DIS). To do this, you need to press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. Once "6P" appears in the digital display, the unit is on override. Whenever possible, leave the doors to the warm room open. It will help immensely.

I'm not trying to alarm anyone, just want you to know how to help the issue in case it does happen. FYI- they did offer to change our room but we declined bc I didn't want to repack/unpack again.
I don't think you are being a downer. Thanks for the info. Its good to hear they offered to move you though.

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 06-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #68
Ackpack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktinkmommy View Post

Thanks for the tip!

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

Old 06-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #69
TerBear4
Mouseketeer

Just checked in..............was very easy. Stopped in about 2pm, they said our request for an Epcot view will be granted!! I wanted Bldg. 5, but we got Bldg. 4, it is very nice!! Great view.

I remembered a few people saying to when we got our parking pass to just say we didn't earn much money. It worked!! They didn't even ask for an appt. or seem interested in talking to us!!
Caribbean Beach Resort - August 2004
Nick Hotel - June 2006
Swan Hotel - June 2007
Wyndham Bonnet Creek - June 2009 & June 2011
Old 06-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #70
zhalo
Earning My Ears

Just subscribing to the thread. Thx!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #71
lisacat00MN
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerBear4 View Post
Just checked in..............was very easy. Stopped in about 2pm, they said our request for an Epcot view will be granted!! I wanted Bldg. 5, but we got Bldg. 4, it is very nice!! Great view.

I remembered a few people saying to when we got our parking pass to just say we didn't earn much money. It worked!! They didn't even ask for an appt. or seem interested in talking to us!!
Thanks for that tip - I will just have to check my group in by myself, no one would want to talk to me with my income!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #72
lisacat00MN
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
I don't think you are being a downer. Thanks for the info. Its good to hear they offered to move you though.
I agree - you can only be prepared for what you know about, so thanks for letting us know how to prepare!
Old 06-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #73
CookieDiva
I can't imagine plucking each one of those suckers.
Has a method to her dishwasher madness
I think that I don't like prime numbers above 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerBear4 View Post
Glad that things went well for you at check in! So you were able to check in a few hours before 4 pm? (It really doesn't matter for us, since we will be at Clearwater the day of our check in and won't be getting to WBC until early evening.) Could you tell me what size and type of unit you rented? I am trying to decide what building/view we should request.

Hope that you are having a great time!
Old 06-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #74
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever booked through the RCI timeshare exchange? I am wondering how rooms are assigned when you book that way. Is it possible to call the resort to request a room with a fireworks view?

We are planning to go in April next year. We have enough points to reserve a 2-bedroom unit.

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
Old 06-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #75
MsCoz2000
NJ Shore Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
Has anyone ever booked through the RCI timeshare exchange? I am wondering how rooms are assigned when you book that way. Is it possible to call the resort to request a room with a fireworks view?

We are planning to go in April next year. We have enough points to reserve a 2-bedroom unit.
1 of my 2 stays was booked through RCI. We just call WBC directly and let them know our requests, that simple. Don't want to jinx it be we are 2/2 on our requests!
March '09 (POP) July '09 (POP) Sept/Oct '09 (POP & Bonnet Creek) Nov '09 (POP) Feb '10 (Offsite) Sept/Oct '10 (Bonnet Creek) Dec '10 (Yacht Club) March '11 (YC & Bonnet Creek) April '12 (Bonnet Creek) April '13 (Bonnet Creek) Sept/Oct '14 (Bonnet Creek)

Successfully Drank around the World!!!
Closed Thread