Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #706
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronandterri View Post
Can anyone help us clear something up, were renting a week from an owner. there was a mix up with dates and the 1 bed we needed wasnt available or the weeks we paid for ( only told us after we paid!)but he offered us a presidential suite instead for the next night for a week, so we took a cheap hotel the first night for better accomodation for the rest of the week, now on our copy of the guest certificate it says deleux......ive emailed to clarify but can you tell me....?

Is there such a unit as a 1 bed presidential suite anyway..?
everything ive googled leads me to believe that its 4 beds that are presedential suites...?....and are all the rooms deleux rooms, ive tried looking at rooms online but keep encountering sites that require me to log on to look.
Any advice thanks .......
All of the rooms are deluxe or presidential. 1 2 3 deluxe rooms and 1 2 3 4 presidential rooms. I believe the word suite refers to all of the rooms.

In short, yes there is a 1 bedroom presidential.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #707
linnell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by two*little*birds View Post
I just called and requested the same thing, maybe we'll be neighbors!
Checking in the same day!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #708
aaronandterri
We love disney!
Does that mean were ok?

if theres any owners on here who can check availbility for me from 11 or 12th November for one week id appreciate it......i think im being mucked around as i was emailed back telling me it had changed again now!. all this after ive already paid!
thanks, pm me if you can check
terri x

My how they Grow~ My very own Captin Jack *
Old 09-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #709
pandamom
I want to go to WDW NOW!
Loves Panera Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronandterri View Post
if theres any owners on here who can check availbility for me from 11 or 12th November for one week id appreciate it......i think im being mucked around as i was emailed back telling me it had changed again now!. all this after ive already paid!
thanks, pm me if you can check
terri x
For the the 11th 7N I saw a 2 Bedroom Deluxe available -- checked again a few minutes later and nothing was available. For the 12th for 7N I'm showing a 1 BR deluxe and a 2br deluxe. What's available can change minute to minute this close to the check-in date. Most of the days of your stay are marked as "No units available". Good Luck.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #710
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!

Next week we'll be there at this exact time!

More than likely we'll be lounging by the pool waiting for our room (as our flight arrives early)... we're getting super excited now!
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2013 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 12th - 26th)

Old 10-02-2011, 10:57 AM   #711
f19810
Mouseketeer

Does anybody know how late the buses run from the MK on Halloween party nights?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #712
fritzichic
Earning My Ears

I just came back from 4 days at WBC and I wanted to share with you some observations.

First, if you plan on spending almost the entire day at Disney World it doesn't matter if you have a fireworks view. What does matter is how close you are to the bus if you plan to use it. At the end of the day, if you have to walk past three building to get to yours and your feet are killing you, you will really wish you had requested tower 6 or tower 1. Plus your kids will more than likely prefer to be in the pool instead of watching the fireworks.

Second, if your whirlpool doesn't work, check the breaker box.

Third, the the pirate ship slide is only open from 9-6. So don't tell your kids that they will get to go on the slide after a long day in Disney. They will only be disappointed.

Fourth, if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. The air conditioner unit is incredibly loud. Everyone I talked to said the same thing about theirs.

Fifth, consider bringing a rolling, grocery cart to bring in groceries or use the bellhop carts they keep for guest use on the ground floor.

We stayed in Tower 4, 12th floor. One piece of furniture was obviously damaged so I called the front desk to let them know. We came to Florida with 6 days of Disney passes and planned to stay all day at the parks and swim at night. It was close to the parks and the buses were great. We would stay here again but for our family of 6 we would get a 3 bedroom. We didn't use any of the resort amenities except the pool. The place was pretty quiet and there was very little sales pressure.

Hope this helps someone.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #713
Ackpack
Earning My Ears

I've been reading that the new hotel opened October 1st and there are restaurants within the new hotel. Is this hotel on property with BC or is it nearby? And which pool is the best for 1 year olds? Thanks!

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #714
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

The hotel "connects the loop" around the lake. Easily walkable from any of the timeshare buildings.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #715
Ackpack
Earning My Ears

Thanks! Anyone have an updated resort map? I have the one from 2006

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

Old 10-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #716
danabalana
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited!!!

We've booked our first stay at WBC for late April 2012. We booked through VacationUpgrades for a 3 beddroom deluxe and have found them great to deal with. I can't wait

6 adults for a whole week. Yay

This thread is a wealth of info and I'm making my way through it.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #717
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

I'm going to see a friend tonight who wants to go to WDW for the first time. With her DH and 4 kids, all under 8. Although I love staying onsite, I think Bonnet Creet is a better fit for them.

I can do more research for her later, but I have a quick question NOW. What are the sleeping arrangements for a 2 BR and a 3 BR?

As in:

King
Queen/Queen
Sleeper Sofa in LR

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #718
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
What are the sleeping arrangements for a 2 BR and a 3 BR?
2-bedroom unit:
Occupancy of 8 (including 2 on the pull out sofa)
Master bedroom with king sized bed
Second bedroom with two full sized (double) beds
Living room has a full size sleeper sofa

3-bedroom layout:
Occupancy of 10 (including 2 on the pull out sofa)
Master bedroom with king sized bed
Second bedroom with queen sized bed
Third bedroom with two full (double) beds

4-bedroom presidential suite layout:
Occupancy of 12
2 king master bedrooms
2 bedrooms with two full (double) beds

Also something to keep in mind. The "Deluxe" units have the pull out sofa's however if you book a "Presidential" (ie upgraded kitchen/furnishings) the sofa's are standard and not pull out. So if your factoring in people sleeping on the sofa be sure to stick with the Deluxe.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #719
tinkerbell181
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me what kinds of groceries you can get at the Sundries store on the property? I read 'basic groceries' - would this include things like bread, milk, eggs, ummm, beer, etc? I just wonder if we will be able to get the necessities for breakfast (well, not the beer) or if we will need to find a grocery store nearby. TIA!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:40 AM   #720
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell181 View Post
Can anyone tell me what kinds of groceries you can get at the Sundries store on the property? I read 'basic groceries' - would this include things like bread, milk, eggs, ummm, beer, etc? I just wonder if we will be able to get the necessities for breakfast (well, not the beer) or if we will need to find a grocery store nearby. TIA!
They have these things, however, they are very expensive. For example, I recall a 2-liter of soda was $4.

It takes about 20 minutes to drive to walmart or publix. Well worth it it you have a car.

If you just need some drinks, the prices at the Hess gas station right down the street aren't too bad.
Closed Thread