Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #661
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccabunny View Post
Just booked for a week in May through Armed Services Vacation Club. Two bedroom, sleeps eight. Anyone know what kind of unit that would be? Deluxe? Any particular building(s)? TIA
Odds are it'd be a 2bdrm Deluxe. as for the Building, 2bdrms are the majority of the resort so you could end up in any building.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #662
Ackpack
Earning My Ears

Has anyone ever used www.knowbeforeugo.com to purchase their park tickets? They have the best prices that I've found and I just want to make sure they're legit...so far I'm seeing they are... just thought I'd ask. THANKS!

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #663
mom2kian
Earning My Ears

5 more sleeps to go!!! I'm sooo excited!!! Couple questions though...I'm sure these have all been answered somewhere in this thread, but lets face it - I skip around when reading... lol

anyway, we are driving 17 hours over a 2 day span to get to Orlando. Our plan is to arrive before noon on Sunday (THIS Sunday!!!) We dont know whether to go on to the resort or to just go explore and spend some time at DTD...either way, the kids are gonna want out of the car. Is it worth it to get there early? Can we do any part of the check in process early?

Also, we are 2 families in 2 different cars. Can we get 2 parking passes? Is there a fee for the extra pass?

Third question - Everyone keeps talking about all the different towers and buildings...seems that most people want Tower 5, but is there really a big difference? I have no idea where our room will be (we have a 3 bdrm deluxe) and I dont really have a preference between lake view, fireworks, or pool, but then again I dont want to sit on my balcony and watch the garbage truck at the dumpster either...

Final question - My FIL is the timeshare owner, and he let us "use" it this year, free of charge. Does that mean we're just a guest? Are we renting? Do we own? My in-laws dont travel any more (not quite spring chickens, and they dont like leaving town) but since theyve had the timeshare so many years they are just keeping it and letting my dh and his sister alternate years of using it. This is our first time, and we really dont know how it works...can I tell the pushy people that we are owners and get them off my back? This is all new to me, lol.

Oh yeah - one more - is a sit-n-stand stroller too big for the shuttle?

Thanks! I'll make a full report when we return on Oct. 7!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #664
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2kian View Post
5 more sleeps to go!!! I'm sooo excited!!! Couple questions though...I'm sure these have all been answered somewhere in this thread, but lets face it - I skip around when reading... lol

anyway, we are driving 17 hours over a 2 day span to get to Orlando. Our plan is to arrive before noon on Sunday (THIS Sunday!!!) We dont know whether to go on to the resort or to just go explore and spend some time at DTD...either way, the kids are gonna want out of the car. Is it worth it to get there early? Can we do any part of the check in process early?

Also, we are 2 families in 2 different cars. Can we get 2 parking passes? Is there a fee for the extra pass?

Third question - Everyone keeps talking about all the different towers and buildings...seems that most people want Tower 5, but is there really a big difference? I have no idea where our room will be (we have a 3 bdrm deluxe) and I dont really have a preference between lake view, fireworks, or pool, but then again I dont want to sit on my balcony and watch the garbage truck at the dumpster either...

Final question - My FIL is the timeshare owner, and he let us "use" it this year, free of charge. Does that mean we're just a guest? Are we renting? Do we own? My in-laws dont travel any more (not quite spring chickens, and they dont like leaving town) but since theyve had the timeshare so many years they are just keeping it and letting my dh and his sister alternate years of using it. This is our first time, and we really dont know how it works...can I tell the pushy people that we are owners and get them off my back? This is all new to me, lol.

Oh yeah - one more - is a sit-n-stand stroller too big for the shuttle?

Thanks! I'll make a full report when we return on Oct. 7!

out of those choices... I'd say hit DTD. You can't check in until around 4 at the earliest. You can potentially hit the pools, but to be honest, after that drive I'd probably say DTD would be the better place to go since you can do some actual stretching while getting your first Disney fix of the trip.... plus you'd have several options for lunch available.

you can get multiple parking passes without any problems. just let them know you need a couple of them. You should not have to worry about any extra fees for the extra pass.

With a 3bdrm I wouldn't worry about getting stuck looking at the dumpster. from my understanding usually 3bdrm units are usually located at the end of the hall. Other than personal preferences, there really isn't a whole lot of difference between the towers. When you check in, you might be able to ask if there are a couple options on your room, and they may have 2 or 3 you could choose from.

Since your FIL is the owner, Technically you would be a guest. As Far as Wyndham is concerned, there isn't much of a difference between you and someone who rented from one of the places recommended here. As for saying you are owners and getting the sales people off your back..... Honestly... it doesn't help. The Sales people are just as pushy with owners trying to convince them to buy more points as they are with guests or people brought in off the street. Your best bet is to either play the "My spouse isn't here" trick since they would want both partners to attend the meeting (since if you buy, you'd both need to sign the paperwork).... or just circle the lowest income bracket so that you won't qualify to buy anyways so they don't bug you.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #665
kkandaj
No longer a lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccabunny View Post
Just booked for a week in May through Armed Services Vacation Club. Two bedroom, sleeps eight. Anyone know what kind of unit that would be? Deluxe? Any particular building(s)? TIA
Wish I would've known about this a week ago! DH works for the government and this would've saved us $170 off our already great price! We are trying to get BIL and SIL to come, so maybe this will be an incentive. Even with taxes, it's only $57/night!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #666
CindyCharming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2kian View Post
We stayed in a Presidential unit in Tower 6 and were renting so I don't know if that makes a difference but...

We too drove in from a long trip. We got to the resort at 1:30, checked in and gave them our number to call when the room was ready, got the parking pass thing out of the way and headed to DTD. We were surprised to get a call shortly before 3 that our room was ready.

It was nice to come back to the resort and have everything done already, they just handed us our key and we were off.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #667
mom2kian
Earning My Ears

Thanks for answering so quickly! I think we will attempt to do an early check-in and hopefully be able to give them a phone number so we can go on to DTD. Thanks so much!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #668
teacher31
DIS Veteran

About to book, but quick questions:
1. We are renting a one bedroom. Is the living room large enough for an inflatable single mattress? Not sure how the teens would like sharing a sofabed.
2. Anyone check in around 2 in the morning? How did that work?
3. If I check in on a Friday and check out on a MOnday, do I have to do something on Saturday? Not sure if that makes sense.

Huh. Have no clue why th are yellow. Interesting.
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #669
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

Mirrors???

I was looking through some pics someone had posted of a three bedroom unit (Building 5) on the first WBC thread and I didn't see any mirrors in the second and third bedrooms. I don't consider myself to be a vain person, I just know when several people are getting ready in the morning, the more you can spread out, the better! Can anyone confirm one way or the other about this? THANKS!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
The Hamstring of Sadness Will Not Defeat the Magic! A TR of sacrificial joy!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #670
mrsbert
DIS Veteran

I don't like change but....

My family decided to go back to WDW for either May or June 2012. We would be celebrating my 40th birthday a little late (January) and our 15 anniversary in May.

Even though I have never stayed at anything but Disney property, I just booked Bonnet Creek.

I had already resided to the fact that my family needed two rooms to be able to sleep comfortably. I'd priced two rooms at Pop, our favorite resort, which would be outrageous.

I did some research and found GETO. (Thanks DH for being a civil servant.)

WHAT!!!?? I could get a two bedroom condo with kitchen and great amenities for $56 a night? BTW, two rooms at Pop would be $2246......
Lord knows I won't use the stove at all but will love the kitchen for breakfast needs and the washer/dryer too.

Wish me luck.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:29 AM   #671
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbert View Post
My family decided to go back to WDW for either May or June 2012. We would be celebrating my 40th birthday a little late (January) and our 15 anniversary in May.

Even though I have never stayed at anything but Disney property, I just booked Bonnet Creek.

I had already resided to the fact that my family needed two rooms to be able to sleep comfortably. I'd priced two rooms at Pop, our favorite resort, which would be outrageous.

I did some research and found GETO. (Thanks DH for being a civil servant.)

WHAT!!!?? I could get a two bedroom condo with kitchen and great amenities for $56 a night? BTW, two rooms at Pop would be $2246......
Lord knows I won't use the stove at all but will love the kitchen for breakfast needs and the washer/dryer too.

Wish me luck.
I feel your pain. I keep waffling back & forth between BC, SSR and POFQ and just can't pull the trigger yet on BC. Off-site scares me, but we have the perfect opportunity to test it out because our trip next summer includes some non-Disney things too so we are renting a car regardless (we usually don't if we stay on-site)!

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 09-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #672
Mamamika
Earning My Ears

am staying here in a 3bedroom in just over a week.

any recommendations on which tower to ask for - view, etc...?

the people who will care the most are the kids ages 6-12.

thanks all.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #673
Tracey123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamamika View Post
am staying here in a 3bedroom in just over a week.

any recommendations on which tower to ask for - view, etc...?

the people who will care the most are the kids ages 6-12.

thanks all.
I would pick tower 4, 5 or 6. 4 & 5 are basically the same and share the lazy river and pool by 4. The kids really like the lazy river.

As far as staying off site...WBC is technically on site. It's like saying that you wouldn't stay at the Dolphin or Swan which are right next door to the Beach Club & Boardwalk. You get the same feeling, but with much more room, nicer accommodations and not the BIG price tag. My uncle came to check out our two bedroom at WBC and he owns at SSR, he was so impressed at our villa in comparison to SSR.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #674
disneymomoftwins
disneymomoftwins

Anyone stayed in the main building? Recommend it or not?
Old 09-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #675
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

brucerob62

? for everyone...THis is my first time coming up in NOv 12-17 for nights got a 2BD deluxe for $400 what a deal..Have never stayed on site..but kids wanted to..this is the next best thing it looks like anyway...without the big price tag. I would recommend Vacationstrategy.com..very nice people..got a great deal....NOw the ? just need to know what tower is best to see fireworks at nite..obviously want a higher floor...The kids want that..so at least I can make one of there wishes come true..since I couldnt afford to stay on site as they wanted.. Thanks for anyones input
Closed Thread