Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #3706
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran
 
haPevraftr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
I booked a 3 bedroom deluxe. I thought I read somewhere that the 3 bdrms are only in tower 6? That's where i want to be for fireworks?
3 bdrm presidentials are only in Tower 6. 3 bdrm deluxes can be anywhere. Tower 6 has limited fireworks views. Other towers have more fireworks view possibilities
__________________
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #3707
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran
 
100AcreWood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 1,586

Is there a min stay at Bonnet Creek? We are taking a 4 night cruise later this year and I need a place to stay for 2 nights. Looking for a fun place where the kids can swim and relax.

Thanks!
__________________
100AcreWood
2014 Second Disney Cruise
2013 First Disney Cruise
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #3708
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!
 
Calirya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
3 bdrm presidentials are only in Tower 6. 3 bdrm deluxes can be anywhere. Tower 6 has limited fireworks views. Other towers have more fireworks view possibilities

Thanks!

Oh and its even numbered, high floor rooms facing the lake that have the best views?
__________________
DW ~ Honeymoon 9/2001(Hilton) DL ~ CA trip 7/2003DD met her 'Rella for the 1st time 11/2013! (WBC)
Wishing and hoping for Nov-Dec 2016!!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #3709
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran
 
haPevraftr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
Thanks!

Oh and its even numbered, high floor rooms facing the lake that have the best views?
Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but we were in room 1514 and not facing the lake. We were facing the woods and DTD. It was still a pretty view. In tower 6, all presidential units are above the 8th floor.
__________________
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #3710
Calirya
Cali meets her 'Rella for the 1st time Nov 13!
 
Calirya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but we were in room 1514 and not facing the lake. We were facing the woods and DTD. It was still a pretty view. In tower 6, all presidential units are above the 8th floor.
I thought I read on one of the threads that even numbered rooms faced the lake.

But I want lake view for fireworks view?
__________________
DW ~ Honeymoon 9/2001(Hilton) DL ~ CA trip 7/2003DD met her 'Rella for the 1st time 11/2013! (WBC)
Wishing and hoping for Nov-Dec 2016!!
After a frustrating overwhelming day for my 3 yr old DD, we're in the bathroom right after Wishes, listening to the announcement of "your wishes come true" and DD says "Momma, my wish came true!" "Really? What was your wish?" "To meet Cinderella!"
Calirya is offline  
Old 01-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #3711
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran
 
haPevraftr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calirya View Post
I thought I read on one of the threads that even numbered rooms faced the lake.

But I want lake view for fireworks view?
I think you got your answer on the Part 2 thread, but to clarify...Not all lake views are fireworks views becasue the buildings are on all sides of the lake. Some buildings face the lake and fireworks and other have one lake view side and one fireworks view side. Tower 6 sits at an angle not convenient to seeing epcot or MK at all, thus limited fireworks views.
__________________
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #3712
Disfan15
Earning My Ears
 
Disfan15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 71

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
Is there a min stay at Bonnet Creek? We are taking a 4 night cruise later this year and I need a place to stay for 2 nights. Looking for a fun place where the kids can swim and relax.

Thanks!
No I don't think there is a minimum stay at WBC. Some people stay there for a couple of nights so I don't think 2 nights will matter. Have fun!

Happy April!
__________________


"Where Dreams Come True"
Disfan15 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #3713
Lily & Giny's Mom
Mouseketeer
 
Lily & Giny's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 162

In tower 4 fireworks view 11TH floor. No park today as DD is sick. DH & Dfil trying to figure out what large building to the right of Contemporary is. looks like its too far from Contemp to be BLT. Anyone know?
Lily & Giny's Mom is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #3714
dphillips1103
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11

We have always stayed on Disney property until this year. We are staying at Bonnet Creek this year. How often do the shuttles run and aer they hard to catch?
I am worried that I will miss the magic of being at a Disney Hotel.
dphillips1103 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #3715
excitedfamof4
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 171

We just got back from Disney and had a wonderful view of the fireworks and Epcot. We could also see the Magic Kingdoms fireworks! We were in Tower 5 on the 11th floor, even room # and loved the view! you could also see DTD if you looked to the right which was nice. We actually preferred the Epcot view with no lake view b/c the pool in front of Tower 5 was busy at times and felt like it would be rather loud on our balcony. Facing Epcot from Tower 5 was very peaceful after a long day at the parks.

I have heard that you can have a Lake and firework view from Tower 3, but it seems like the view would be obstructed some from the buildings.

We would request High Floor Tower 5 Epcot view again for sure!
Hope this helps!
Have fun!!
excitedfamof4 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #3716
DianaPrince
Mouseketeer
 
DianaPrince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 145

So I just cancelled 2 rooms at PoP to stay in a 2 bed deluxe here. Kinda nervous because we are die hard "onsiters" but just couldnt justify the disney price tag this time since its only 3 nights. Other than reading through the thread(which I plan to do once kids are in bed tonight) any one care to reassure that we will love it here.
__________________
Proud Disney Bride- @ Sunset Pointe 11/22/02

Me DH DS 9 DS 5 DD 2 DD 4 months
DianaPrince is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #3717
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer
 
SYDCOLEMOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaPrince View Post
So I just cancelled 2 rooms at PoP to stay in a 2 bed deluxe here. Kinda nervous because we are die hard "onsiters" but just couldnt justify the disney price tag this time since its only 3 nights. Other than reading through the thread(which I plan to do once kids are in bed tonight) any one care to reassure that we will love it here.
In previous trips we have always stayed at POP (once we tried CBR). Last year was our first stay at Bonnet Creek. You will LOVE it !! we are headed back for a 11 night stay. We leave in 2 weeks. Just having the space to spread out is sooooo worth it. I also love having a washer/dryer. We also saved tons of $$ by eating breakfast in the room. Its hard to make the leap from onsite to offsite but I can almost guarantee you will never go back onsite again !
Also, this is the old "We love Bonnet Creek thread part 2". There is a more current part 3 thread you might be interested in reading through.
enjoy your vacation ! you will LOVE WBC !!
SYDCOLEMOM is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #3718
DianaPrince
Mouseketeer
 
DianaPrince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDCOLEMOM

In previous trips we have always stayed at POP (once we tried CBR). Last year was our first stay at Bonnet Creek. You will LOVE it !! we are headed back for a 11 night stay. We leave in 2 weeks. Just having the space to spread out is sooooo worth it. I also love having a washer/dryer. We also saved tons of $$ by eating breakfast in the room. Its hard to make the leap from onsite to offsite but I can almost guarantee you will never go back onsite again !
Also, this is the old "We love Bonnet Creek thread part 2". There is a more current part 3 thread you might be interested in reading through.
enjoy your vacation ! you will LOVE WBC !!
Thank you so much! Getting excited 11 more days!
__________________
Proud Disney Bride- @ Sunset Pointe 11/22/02

Me DH DS 9 DS 5 DD 2 DD 4 months
DianaPrince is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #3719
Cynt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaPrince View Post
Thank you so much! Getting excited 11 more days!
I have 11 more days too!! I'M BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS!!
__________________
March 1997 - SOG
May 2006 - CSR
May 2009 - POP - SISTER TRIP
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #3720
DianaPrince
Mouseketeer
 
DianaPrince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynt

I have 11 more days too!! I'M BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS!!
Yay! I know right? Kinda cool I dont know what to expect but kinda nervous at the same time! Have you stayed at wbc before? Im a noob,lol
__________________
Proud Disney Bride- @ Sunset Pointe 11/22/02

Me DH DS 9 DS 5 DD 2 DD 4 months
DianaPrince is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.