Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #3646
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKU View Post
So we booked a 2 bedroom deluxe from 11/11-11/18 through my wife's uncle who owns Wyndham points. We are now considering upgrading to a 3 bedroom deluxe because my dad is going to join us in FL. My wife's uncle does not have any more points for the year. Would it be possible to go through Ken Price to get enough points to upgrade for the week? Is that even possible (upgrading a current reservation with a different owner)?
Wyndham owners are no longer allowed to transfer points to each other. This was a very popular feature, as it saved you from losing points at the end of the year. But Wyndham claimed that we voted to eliminate that ability. Wyndham WILL rent you the points, though, at an inflated price. I believe they charge $10 per 1,000 points.

Last edited by carlbarry; 09-27-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #3647
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
So we booked a 2 bedroom deluxe from 11/11-11/18 through my wife's uncle who owns Wyndham points. We are now considering upgrading to a 3 bedroom deluxe because my dad is going to join us in FL. My wife's uncle does not have any more points for the year. Would it be possible to go through Ken Price to get enough points to upgrade for the week? Is that even possible (upgrading a current reservation with a different owner)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbarry View Post
Wyndham owners are no longer allowed to transfer points to each other. This was a very popular feature, as it saved you from losing points at the end of the year. But Wyndham claimed that we voted to eliminate that ability. Wyndham WILL rent you the points, though, at an inflated price. I believe they charge $10 per 1,000 points.
It's a bit cheaper within the 90 day window to rent points however.

the BIGGER issue however for you is that from a quick search I just did, there are no 3bdrm units left available for the week you are staying. Even if you could get the points, The resort itself does not have any rooms available to upgrade too.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #3648
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is your uncle VIP? If so, then he can upgrade the unit at no additional point cost. If not then as previously state your uncle can rent at $10/1000 from Wyndham.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #3649
BarryS
Earning My Ears

Talking My Wyndham Bonnet Creek Experience

I rented a 2 Bedroom Deluxe through Vacation Strategy for 8 nights at a price of $745.

We had originally planned to stay 12 nights and had booked it that way, but both of our jobs changed and we had to cut the trip short. Fortunately, Vacation Strategy is very accommodating and has a great cancellation policy. They were happy to change the duration and dates of the trip for us, and I'm happy to recommend them to anyone wanting to stay at Bonnet Creek.

We arrived at the resort around 2pm on 9/21 and were told our room was not ready yet. I gave them my phone number so they could call when the room was ready, and requested a fireworks view if available. I skipped the parking pass desk to avoid the timeshare pitch, and we went to Downtown Disney. Not 30 minutes later, they called saying the room was ready. We came back and got our keys to room 432 in Tower 2.

Our room was at the very end of the west hall. The balcony overlooked the parking lot and had a view of the golf course and the top of the bowling pins at Pop Century. The 2nd bedroom window overlooked the lake, the playground, and had a nice view of the Epcot fireworks. Because our kids are so young, we either watched the fireworks from this window before bed, or they were already asleep before the fireworks started. Still, it was a nice touch being able to watch from our room.

The room was very nice (recently updated) and very large - perfect for our family of 5. We put our 2 and 3 year old girls in the 2nd bedroom, and set up our pack-n-play in the master bedroom for our 7-month old son. It was so nice to have the living room for the kids to play. I can't imagine what the trip would have been like if we had all been crammed into a regular hotel room!

We did not take advantage of all the resort amenities, but we did use the kiddie pool at the main building and the one between Towers 2 and 3. They were very fun for the kids, and a nice break from the heat and humidity.

We did not use the shuttle because we drove our minivan, and since we had AP's we did not have to pay for parking at Disney.

Overall, it was a great trip. Bonnet Creek is a great resort with an awesome location, and Vacation Strategy made it easy and affordable for us to stay there. I can't wait to go back!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #3650
Beemitchcowski
Mouseketeer

Wow! What an awesome price! We were there last May and loved it as well!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #3651
dunmandie
Earning My Ears

We are here now and this place has exceeded all our expectations! We are in a 2 bedroom rented through Vacation Strategy. Arrived at noon and room was ready. Checked lowest income on form at parking pass desk and have not been contacted since. (Also made hubby wait in car) Room is plenty big (almost too big, there are only 3 of us) and very nice. Granite counter, new sofa, no rips. Wifi also has been no problem at all. Would VERY highly recommend Bonnet Creek to anyone. We are in tower 2 with a lake/pool view. Do have to say, if we came again would choose tower 6, 9 year old DS loves the pirate pool the best. But cannot complain about anything. Best money we ever spent. DH is happy and very impressed. So many tips found on these boards came in handy. Thanks to all who posted!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #3652
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Thanks to all those who have just returned from Bonnet Creek or who are currently there giving us all a great breakdown on everything!

I'm headed that way in a few weeks and will hopefully return the favor!!

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
Old 10-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #3653
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryS View Post
I rented a 2 Bedroom Deluxe through Vacation Strategy for 8 nights at a price of $745.

We had originally planned to stay 12 nights and had booked it that way, but both of our jobs changed and we had to cut the trip short. Fortunately, Vacation Strategy is very accommodating and has a great cancellation policy. They were happy to change the duration and dates of the trip for us, and I'm happy to recommend them to anyone wanting to stay at Bonnet Creek.

We arrived at the resort around 2pm on 9/21 and were told our room was not ready yet. I gave them my phone number so they could call when the room was ready, and requested a fireworks view if available. I skipped the parking pass desk to avoid the timeshare pitch, and we went to Downtown Disney. Not 30 minutes later, they called saying the room was ready. We came back and got our keys to room 432 in Tower 2.

Our room was at the very end of the west hall. The balcony overlooked the parking lot and had a view of the golf course and the top of the bowling pins at Pop Century. The 2nd bedroom window overlooked the lake, the playground, and had a nice view of the Epcot fireworks. Because our kids are so young, we either watched the fireworks from this window before bed, or they were already asleep before the fireworks started. Still, it was a nice touch being able to watch from our room.

The room was very nice (recently updated) and very large - perfect for our family of 5. We put our 2 and 3 year old girls in the 2nd bedroom, and set up our pack-n-play in the master bedroom for our 7-month old son. It was so nice to have the living room for the kids to play. I can't imagine what the trip would have been like if we had all been crammed into a regular hotel room!

We did not take advantage of all the resort amenities, but we did use the kiddie pool at the main building and the one between Towers 2 and 3. They were very fun for the kids, and a nice break from the heat and humidity.

We did not use the shuttle because we drove our minivan, and since we had AP's we did not have to pay for parking at Disney.

Overall, it was a great trip. Bonnet Creek is a great resort with an awesome location, and Vacation Strategy made it easy and affordable for us to stay there. I can't wait to go back!
Thanks for posting your review, glad you had a great time!

One question - did you ever go back and get your parking pass? Trying to decide if we can skip that.

Also, does anyone happen to know what time they close the slides?

Thanks!

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #3654
SalandJeff
Disney Addict x2
Likes a nice hot cup of tea

We are renting points from an owner. Are we able to call the resort to discuss the room request or anything else? Our name is on the ressie. The owner we rented from is a platinum owner, so he can make a specific room request, right? We have a late arrival, and the last time we had one, she could barely find a room, never mind meet any of our request.

Also, are owners "allowed" to rent their points? I know everything refers to us as guests of the owner. Obviously, there are a lot of Wyndham owners who rent resort points commercially. Does Wyndham allow this or is it kind of don't ask/don't tell.

Me DH DD 10
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #3655
BarryS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
Thanks for posting your review, glad you had a great time!

One question - did you ever go back and get your parking pass? Trying to decide if we can skip that.

Also, does anyone happen to know what time they close the slides?

Thanks!
I never went back for the parking pass The room key opens the gate, and nobody ever gave me any grief for not having the hang tag.

Don't know about the slides though.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #3656
kmb584
DIS Veteran

I'm loving all of the reviews. Our first WBC stay begins October 23rd! I hope I have just as good to report back.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
Old 10-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #3657
Senator Tressel
DIS Veteran

I've been given grief about the parking pass. When I was going in the gate ready put the card in there, the gate person asked to see my parking pass. I picked it up off the dashboard and showed it to them. They obviously don't realize that it is an obstruction to have it hanging on your mirror, so of course I'm not going to leave it hanging there while I'm driving. The attendant told me I needed to have it visible. I basically told them that I was not going to do that.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #3658
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
I believe they charge $10 per 1,000 points.
$8 if you do it online rather than by phone.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #3659
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Tressel View Post
I've been given grief about the parking pass. When I was going in the gate ready put the card in there, the gate person asked to see my parking pass. I picked it up off the dashboard and showed it to them. They obviously don't realize that it is an obstruction to have it hanging on your mirror, so of course I'm not going to leave it hanging there while I'm driving. The attendant told me I needed to have it visible. I basically told them that I was not going to do that.
In some jurisdictions it is illegal to drive with something like that hanging from the mirror. I know that is the case here in NYC with the handicapped parking tags.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #3660
jpaxton1118
DIS Veteran

Is BC strict like Disney with how many people are in a room. We have 5 and a 1 bedroom would work perfect for us because my youngest is 3 and tiny. We just don't need all the extra space of the 2 bedroom.

Also I saw someone post about toddler beds. Can you rent them at the resort?