Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #3526
nancy155
DIS Veteran
 
nancy155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 611

Nice job finding the map. It does appear to be labeled correctly. Near Tower 2 is the sand volleyball court and in between two and three I believe if I am recalling correctly is the mini golf.
__________________
Me , DS



nancy155 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #3527
KWithers
Mouseketeer
 
KWithers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North FL
Posts: 213

Love the map! Looks correct to me. If you zoom in to the right of Tower 1, there are 2 little triangles..that's the playground. The triangles are the shade coverings.
Also, to the left of the pool by Tower 2 is a circle..that is a kiddie pool/splash area. Then further left of that is the mini golf.
By the main building, all the way to the left is the kiddie pool/splash area.
Hope this makes sense!
Great job!
__________________
KWithers is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #3528
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gulf Coast, FL
Posts: 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy155 View Post
Nice job finding the map. It does appear to be labeled correctly. Near Tower 2 is the sand volleyball court and in between two and three I believe if I am recalling correctly is the mini golf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWithers View Post
Love the map! Looks correct to me. If you zoom in to the right of Tower 1, there are 2 little triangles..that's the playground. The triangles are the shade coverings.
Also, to the left of the pool by Tower 2 is a circle..that is a kiddie pool/splash area. Then further left of that is the mini golf.
By the main building, all the way to the left is the kiddie pool/splash area.
Hope this makes sense!
Great job!
Thanks for the feedback, I went in and added the play areas/splash pads etc.

__________________
Something Feels Funny, I Must Be Thinking Too Hard. Winnie the Pooh

DH me DS 10 DD 9


WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #3529
Caseheidi
DIS Veteran
 
Caseheidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Posts: 1,006

We have stayed at WBC twice and will return. The first time we had two rooms and took my extended Family with us. Unfortunately the Wyndom people turned my brother off the idea of Time Shares by the hard sell, and then calling very early every morning waking them up to ask them again. We also had some customer service issues, and we're not happy with the staff.

Our second trip we had lower expectations of the staff, and shut off our phone. It was wonderful. We are Wyndom owners, and WBC is run differently then our home resort. We decided to treat it like home instead of a hotel. It was harder at first because we split our trips, and WBC is second. Our first week last time was at OKW and we got the Disney Guest Treatment. We really like the way we are treated on site, but WBC is the next best thing. Love the rooms and location.
__________________
Heidi

DLR - Aug 1980, Aug 1985, May 1988, April 2002, Dec 2002, Dec 2004, Oct 2012

WDW - July/Aug 2001 (Honeymoon!), Oct 2004, Sept 2005, May 2006, Dec 2007, Dec 2008, Oct 2011
Caseheidi is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #3530
JessB320
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 829

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo

Thanks for the feedback, I went in and added the play areas/splash pads etc.
Perfect timing!!! We leave in 36 hours! Thanks! Now the family knows what the heck I'm talking about lol
JessB320 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #3531
JessB320
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 829

It looks great how it is, if you want to add in the lazy rivers ones in front of tower one and the fort/pirate lazy river is in front of tower 5
JessB320 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #3532
KWithers
Mouseketeer
 
KWithers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: North FL
Posts: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320
It looks great how it is, if you want to add in the lazy rivers ones in front of tower one and the fort/pirate lazy river is in front of tower 5
I think you mean in front of the main building, not Tower 1.
__________________
KWithers is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #3533
JessB320
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 829

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWithers

I think you mean in front of the main building, not Tower 1.
Yes I did, sorry too much on the brain today!
JessB320 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #3534
Cynt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 720

Thanks for the GREAT map!!
__________________
March 1997 - SOG
May 2006 - CSR
May 2009 - POP - SISTER TRIP
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #3535
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
I was messing around with a map of Bonnet Creek on google earth and I know people always ask to see a map so I thought I would share. PLEASE NOTE I have never been to Bonnet Creek I was just using info I found in this thread, so I have probably got something wrong . Please feel free to help me fix this so that it might be useful for others!

Gina

Great job! i know a lot of people will like having this available with all the map requests we get.

That said, A couple of minor suggestions.


1. The "Epcot Direction this way for fireworks view" would probably be more accurate a little more to the right, above the Main building. It might work better with an arrow pointing due to the size of the picture. a good reference point would be where you see "Creek resort" by the fountain in front of the main building. (The current placement might make people think you can see the fireworks looking to the side of a lake-view Tower 4 room, while in reality you can't really see much at all unless you REALLY lean out over the balcony railing.)

2. Bus Stops for the shuttles since we get asked that all the time. One of the stops is that little shelter you can see between the main building and tower 1 (with the little bus lane) The other shelter is harder to see because it's in the shadow of Tower 6, but it's also a small shelter directly across from the circle drive in front of the building. [it's at the edge of the shadow if that helps you see it].

3. Some people may also enjoy having an idea of other Disney landmarks that can be see from the property. The Studios can be seen in the direction of Tower 1 (I think if I remember correctly). DTD/Typhoon Lagoon is above Tower 5.



Someone else pointed out the Lazy river locations.... I'm thinking the pool bar locations might be overkill on the map since they are easy to locate using the pool/tower combination.
DCTooTall is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #3536
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gulf Coast, FL
Posts: 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Great job! i know a lot of people will like having this available with all the map requests we get.

That said, A couple of minor suggestions.


1. The "Epcot Direction this way for fireworks view" would probably be more accurate a little more to the right, above the Main building. It might work better with an arrow pointing due to the size of the picture. a good reference point would be where you see "Creek resort" by the fountain in front of the main building. (The current placement might make people think you can see the fireworks looking to the side of a lake-view Tower 4 room, while in reality you can't really see much at all unless you REALLY lean out over the balcony railing.)

2. Bus Stops for the shuttles since we get asked that all the time. One of the stops is that little shelter you can see between the main building and tower 1 (with the little bus lane) The other shelter is harder to see because it's in the shadow of Tower 6, but it's also a small shelter directly across from the circle drive in front of the building. [it's at the edge of the shadow if that helps you see it].

3. Some people may also enjoy having an idea of other Disney landmarks that can be see from the property. The Studios can be seen in the direction of Tower 1 (I think if I remember correctly). DTD/Typhoon Lagoon is above Tower 5.



Someone else pointed out the Lazy river locations.... I'm thinking the pool bar locations might be overkill on the map since they are easy to locate using the pool/tower combination.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm working on making everything a bit easier to read and I will do my best to make these changes. Thanks!
__________________
Something Feels Funny, I Must Be Thinking Too Hard. Winnie the Pooh

DH me DS 10 DD 9


WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #3537
theks
Earning My Ears
 
theks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5

Two weeks ago I was in tears. After the most amazing news that RCI partnered with Disney, I saved my points. I called in to finally make my reservation. No go. Apparently through RCI you can't own within 30 miles of Disney. I DON'T!!! My resort is in CO. But the HQ of the timeshare, Legacy, is in Orlando.

I signed up on a site to give my timeshare to charity. They didn't want it. I offered to give it to a friend. They didn't want it. After having experiences on-site and off-site, off site isn't the same mainly due to getting around. At Summer Bay in '09, we spent hours in the car because of an accident. At Vistana it was impossible to come back during the day. Much less park hop.

But alas, I discovered WBC!!! We are booked for 4/27 - 5/4. My hubby and I will celebrate our anniversary and his birthday at Disney!!! Yay!!!

Thank you to everyone who has posted in the I looooveee Bonnet Creek threads, huge help to us learning about and selecting the resort!!!!

__________________
TheKs
Me - 40 ~ DH - 45
DD - 20 ~ DD - 7 ~ DS - 6



1982 - Tree Fort | 1984 - Polynesian | 1995 - Contemporary
2001 - Dolphin | 2002 - Off Property | 2004 - Swan
2009 - Summer Bay Resort | 2011 - Sheraton Vistana | 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
theks is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #3538
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran
 
1153rsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bear Creek, NC
Posts: 1,307

Quote:
Originally Posted by theks View Post
Two weeks ago I was in tears. After the most amazing news that RCI partnered with Disney, I saved my points. I called in to finally make my reservation. No go. Apparently through RCI you can't own within 30 miles of Disney. I DON'T!!! My resort is in CO. But the HQ of the timeshare, Legacy, is in Orlando.

I signed up on a site to give my timeshare to charity. They didn't want it. I offered to give it to a friend. They didn't want it. After having experiences on-site and off-site, off site isn't the same mainly due to getting around. At Summer Bay in '09, we spent hours in the car because of an accident. At Vistana it was impossible to come back during the day. Much less park hop.

But alas, I discovered WBC!!! We are booked for 4/27 - 5/4. My hubby and I will celebrate our anniversary and his birthday at Disney!!! Yay!!!

Thank you to everyone who has posted in the I looooveee Bonnet Creek threads, huge help to us learning about and selecting the resort!!!!

That really stinks about the HQ being in Florida for you. I always thought it was where your timeshare was located. I hope you like WBC. We are staying there for the first time in November.
__________________
Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014
Cast of Characters: DH DW DS (15) DD (12)

1153rsmith is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #3539
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gulf Coast, FL
Posts: 613

Improved Map

Ok, here's another go at the Map with more info included. If you see anything that is wrong, please let me know so that it is as accurate as possible. Thanks!


__________________
Something Feels Funny, I Must Be Thinking Too Hard. Winnie the Pooh

DH me DS 10 DD 9


WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #3540
canadiens900
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CANADA!
Posts: 29

Hello, We currently Booked a weeks vacation @ WBC,

This will be our 2nd visit to this wonderful resort, the first time we went to Disney, so we simply took the free shuttle bus, which was amazing.

This time We plan on visiting SeaWorld, and Both Universal Parks

I was wondering if there is Free way to get to these locations?

We plan on renting a car, but from my understanding it costs 15.00 dollars per day to park at each place... Is there any shuttle or some Sneaky way to get these locations for free?

Id like to avoid the 15.00 parking fee if possible?
canadiens900 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.