Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #3061
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Confused about the threads.... Saw that there is now a part 3, but not sure why. Isn't this thread still good up to 250 pages before it is closed by the mods? Just trying to figure out which thread to follow...
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; WBC '14, ; WBC/ASSp Spring Break 2015
Old 07-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #3062
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
Confused about the threads.... Saw that there is now a part 3, but not sure why. Isn't this thread still good up to 250 pages before it is closed by the mods? Just trying to figure out which thread to follow...
yes ... **Disfan 15** a bit early to start

**The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3**

Part 2 was Not that close to the end (250 page limit)

my2cents

*!*! Disney is my Happy ~ Place !*!*

*please excuse me if I miss the point*

Last edited by ibob52; 07-04-2012 at 02:04 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #3063
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob52 View Post
yes ... **Disfan 15** a bit early to start

**The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread Part 3**

Part 2 was Not that close to the end (250 page limit)

my2cents

I know I started the thread early. I am starting off with photos instead of looking at the photo thread. Then when this thread gets to 250 pages you can post anything about WBC in part 3.

Happy Summer!
Old 07-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #3064
mkellypc@yahoo.com
Earning My Ears

Can anyone comment on the fitness facilities on property? I've read thru alot of this thread and have not seen it mentioned. Are they all the same? How are they equipped? Locker rooms/saunas?
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #3065
MickeyHereWeCome!
DIS Veteran

Newbie with questions...

I'm so psyched to spend a week at Bonnet Creek at the end of the month! Now that I've started packing and thinking about little details, I'm hoping someone can answer a couple of questions so I'm prepared. It's hard to read through 200 pages

*I made the reservation through Vacation Upgrades. Can my husband check us in, or does it have to be me?

*Are sheets, towels, and blankets included, or do I need to bring my own?

Thanks so much!!! 19 days!!!

Animal Kingdom 2002
All Star Movies 2004
All Star Movies October 2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge January 2009
Offsite Surprise Trip June 2010
Surprise Trip July 2012, Bonnet Creek/AKL
Old 07-05-2012, 03:17 AM   #3066
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
Yea, I agree. It can get confusing. Best to let the "#3" fade away and start a real #3 when the time is right.

JMHO

I got my confirmation emails yesterday.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #3067
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyHereWeCome! View Post
I'm so psyched to spend a week at Bonnet Creek at the end of the month! Now that I've started packing and thinking about little details, I'm hoping someone can answer a couple of questions so I'm prepared. It's hard to read through 200 pages

*I made the reservation through Vacation Upgrades. Can my husband check us in, or does it have to be me?

Is it your name on the reservation or your husband's?

I've never been, but, in reading these threads it's been stated before that it needs to be the person who is on the reservation.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #3068
lindaprvs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyHereWeCome!

You are going to live wbc!!
I believe it has to be the person on the reservation.
Everything is provided in the unit-just being food clothes and toiletries!!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #3069
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkellypc@yahoo.com View Post
Can anyone comment on the fitness facilities on property? I've read thru alot of this thread and have not seen it mentioned. Are they all the same? How are they equipped? Locker rooms/saunas?
Thanks in advance.
I've never really utilized the fitness rooms at the resort (I feel I get enough exercise hiking thru the parks each day), but from what I remember seeing it's a pretty standard setup for a small fitness center. some treadmills, stationary bikes, a weight machine, and maybe an elliptical. No Sauna's or locker rooms that I can see. (Honestly, I'm not sure a locker room would be needed since you have a shower and your room located not far away within the resort).

I also don't believe I saw anything hinting at a sauna within the small fitness center. There MIGHT be one over at the Spa located in the hotel though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyHereWeCome! View Post

The person checking in has to be the one on the reservation. If both your names were given to VU, then either one of you could probably check in. If just your name was given, then you'll have to be the one to check in. (Pretty obvious when you figure Wyndham wouldn't know who your husband is prior to checkin, and there wouldn't be any way to prevent anyone from just walking up and saying "They are my spouse" to 'steal' someone else's reservation)

All the beds in the room are made when you check in, and there is usually an extra set in a bag in the room which can be used on the pull-out couch in the Deluxe units. There are enough towels/washclothes in the room for the maximum occupancy of the unit. Since this is a timeshare unit however, replacements aren't usually provided during the week... but you do have a washer/dryer in the room so you can wash your towels while touring the parks/sleeping during the week.

Pool Towels can be checked out at the resort. With these, you can usually swap them out for a fresh pool towel at the pools as many times as you desire.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #3070
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candleshoe View Post
Yea, I agree. It can get confusing. Best to let the "#3" fade away and start a real #3 when the time is right.

JMHO

I got my confirmation emails yesterday.
In regards to the third incarnation of this thread...no offense meant to the pp that started it, but it's best on these boards to allow a thread to run it's full course. Then when a new thread is needed a link will be posted to direct everyone to the new thread. Also, the reason behind keeping pics separate is to make reading and searching easier on this thread by keeping it mostly text. It's so wonderful to see how popular this resort and now because of it, this thread have become. There has been so much info and excitement shared on this thread!! YAY!! We have about 45 pages to go before we need to worry about a new thread, though, so let's keep posting here until we run out of pages...which, BTW, might even exceed 250 as I have seen in the past.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #3071
sherabby
DIS Veteran

Are there towels at the pool or do we need to bring our own?
Old 07-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #3072
scubamouse
Mouseketeer
My shoes match. I know, I checked!

There are towels at the pool
2005 Christmas at Villas Wilderness Lodge
2006 at Wilderness Lodge
2007 Beach Club Villas with free dining
2008 Beach Club villas
Spring break 2009 Howard Johnson's at Disneyland
August 26 - September 5, 2010 Bonnet Creek
Planning an August 2012 trip
Old 07-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #3073
mcc63303
Earning My Ears

We have a 1 bedroom at BC for Thanksgiving and a 3 bedroom at Reunion at the same time. BC starts a day earlier than Reunion, 4 of us the first night then there will be 10 of us. Can we all use BC for bus transportation and the pools with just a 1 bedroom reserved? Also do all towers have 1 bedroom and are any of the 1 bedroom on higher floors? We are new owners of BC, bought on Ebay earlier this year. Thanks for any information you can give.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #3074
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherabby View Post
Are there towels at the pool or do we need to bring our own?
Just to clarify, the towels are not at the pool; they are at the Activity Center. They must be checked out and checked back in.

I would hate for you to show up at the pool with kids in tow only to find out that you have to walk halfway across the resort for a towel! We picked up our right after we checked in.

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
Old 07-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #3075
bizer
Earning My Ears

Are the pools heated? Looking at staying the last week in November and would like to swim if the weather is nice.
Closed Thread