Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #3046
lindaprvs
Mouseketeer

Yes thats the one i saw too, was thinking maybe a recent guest had a updated one. Thanks!

Old 07-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #3047
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Repeat WBC or go to Parc Soleil?

Here is my problem... (I know it is not a bad problem to have)
We are going to WBC for the first time over NYE. I know my kids will love the pool amenities. Problem is, I have no way to predict the weather/temp. and whether they will get to use them. For the first time ever, we will be able to go to WDW twice in the same year and will be going next spring break, as well.
My problem.... whether to stay at WBC again in the spring so that my kids really experience it or book at another location (possibly Parc Soleil). We haven't stayed in any one resort repeatedly because we love trying out new places, but we have never stayed at WBC before.
So, I would love to hear from anyone here who has had expeience at both Parc Soleil and WBC. Because of the timing and proximity of my two trips, what would you do?
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #3048
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Hello,

For tower 6 in a deluxe room(below the presidential rooms) is there a wing where you have both lake and disney view? I'm just curious. Also if you have a photo of it that will be great! If you do include the floor please. Do you think the view is worth it?
Thanks!
Happy Summer!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #3049
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15 View Post
Hello,

For tower 6 in a deluxe room(below the presidential rooms) is there a wing where you have both lake and disney view? I'm just curious. Also if you have a photo of it that will be great! If you do include the floor please. Do you think the view is worth it?
Thanks!
Happy Summer!
It depends upon what you consider a Disney View. The same wing which you might be able to see the fireworks from would also potentially let you see the top of Spaceship Earth over the Main checkin building and trees. You MIGHT be able to also see the top of the ToT from the other wing if you are high enough to see over Towers 1,2 and 3.

Either way, I personally like the Lake side views no matter where you are located. (But especcially on the Tower 4-6 side of the lagoon). The view of the pools, trees, and lake are very nice, peaceful(-ish... depending on height and time of day), and pretty.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #3050
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
It depends upon what you consider a Disney View. The same wing which you might be able to see the fireworks from would also potentially let you see the top of Spaceship Earth over the Main checkin building and trees. You MIGHT be able to also see the top of the ToT from the other wing if you are high enough to see over Towers 1,2 and 3.

Either way, I personally like the Lake side views no matter where you are located. (But especcially on the Tower 4-6 side of the lagoon). The view of the pools, trees, and lake are very nice, peaceful(-ish... depending on height and time of day), and pretty.
Thanks! Is it the same thing with tower 5? It looks like tower 5 has a "wing" for lake and disney view. I agree with you on the lake view being the best.

Happy Summer!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #3051
My_3_Mi_Princesses
Mouseketeer

Review of Jun 16ht-24th stay

Hi all. Since this original thread gave me some great information and clued me in on this place I thought I would give some highlights of our stay a few weeks ago.

1) Got a three bedroom rental from Ken Price. We were very very lucky to get the 60 day rate ($160/night). So with that in mind it was going to take a lot to be dissapointed with WBC.

2) Check in was easy, around 2pm, no line, no bad for a Saturday afternoon. Got Tower 4, Floor 9. It was a 'fireworks' view, and Epcot's fireworks were easily seen, as for MK's Wishes that was a bit far off so nothing exciting there. As for the room itself, it was very clean and happily no bed bugs .

3) We had another family of 5 with us, so 10 people in the suite. That is alot of people, but not once did we feel crowded or ontop of each other. Granted 1 was a baby, and 2 kids were under 6. Well maybe the kitchen was a bit small if more than 2 people were in it (i.e. getting breakfeast ready in the morning).

4) The only 'negative' was that the dryer took forever to dry clothes. We all thought it was normal since it was a small dryer. Come to find out on the last night it was not working right. However, maintance then let us use a dryer in another room to dry our clothes. So that was very helpful of them, of course they had to open the door for us each time so we were doing laundry till 12am.

5) We did grill one night, when we go there a few others were using the grills, but by the time we left there was bit of a line going. So if you plan to grill go a bit early or be prepared to wait. Oh on that note your gonna need to buy salt and pepper. What was in the kitchen was literally a 'sample size', I didn't even know they made 'salt shakers' that small.

6) Overall it was a great stay and a great value. Due to the size of my family of five I believe I will be staying here a lot over the years (unless I get into DVC). Now in all fairness this was our first stay offsite so we did 'miss' that bit of being in the 'Disney Bubble'. It just wasn't Poly or the Contemp, but the value and space far exceed our families need to be in that 'Disney bubble'.

If anybody has any questions please feel free to ask
Old 07-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #3052
Branabb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Here is my problem... (I know it is not a bad problem to have)
We are going to WBC for the first time over NYE. I know my kids will love the pool amenities. Problem is, I have no way to predict the weather/temp. and whether they will get to use them. For the first time ever, we will be able to go to WDW twice in the same year and will be going next spring break, as well.
My problem.... whether to stay at WBC again in the spring so that my kids really experience it or book at another location (possibly Parc Soleil). We haven't stayed in any one resort repeatedly because we love trying out new places, but we have never stayed at WBC before.
So, I would love to hear from anyone here who has had expeience at both Parc Soleil and WBC. Because of the timing and proximity of my two trips, what would you do?
We stayed Parc Soleil two years ago roughly. My wife L-O-V-E-S their bathtub/shower setup. The rooms are very nicely appointed and modern. Super comfortable beds as to be expected. It is very quiet and the pool is nice. Food is great as well. We enjoyed the different activities around the pool a lot.

Overall, it really is a top notch resort even though it is small. Actually, being small is kind of plus imo. However, I think WBC is more comfortable/family friendly. The furniture is prettier at Parc, but WBC's more comfortable to use. This is a personal preference, but my family all agreed with the exception of the beds, the Parc furnishings are a little less comfortable than WBC. It's not a deal breaker for us though.

We are planning to return there in 2013 for our Christmas trip. My 7 yr. old son really had a blast with the pool activities and dive in theater etc. He loves WBC too, but mostly just because of the pirate pool.

We like to stay at different places like you, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Parc Soleil to anyone. It is a great place. Go for it. You won't be sad.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #3053
DCTooTall

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks! Is it the same thing with tower 5? It looks like tower 5 has a "wing" for lake and disney view. I agree with you on the lake view being the best.

Happy Summer!
Unfortunately..... No. While there is a wing that is angled a bit more so that it it could be facing such that the fireworks would be in it's viewing angle, The other half of Tower 5, and Tower 4, Effectively block any view of the fireworks you could see.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #3054
Dismaster725
Earning My Ears

Hello,
Quote:
Unfortunately..... No. While there is a wing that is angled a bit more so that it it could be facing such that the fireworks would be in it's viewing angle, The other half of Tower 5, and Tower 4, Effectively block any view of the fireworks you could see.
Can you put in pictures of a 2 bedroom deluxe in tower 6 and also can you add what floor you were on ? Do you have any tips about WBC ?

Thank you !
Old 07-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #3055
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Hello,

Quote:
Thanks, at least I know now. So like you said the requests aren't guaranteed. For example if someone said to request a newer building and lake view, would he or she at least get a room in the newer buildings if there was availability?

Happy Summer!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #3056
Dismaster725
Earning My Ears

Hello again,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall

Can you tell what are the pros and the cons for WBC ?

Last edited by Dismaster725; 07-03-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #3057
Dismaster725
Earning My Ears

Someone posted a Part 3 Wyndham Bonnet Creek thread!
Check it out now!

Last edited by Dismaster725; 07-03-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #3058
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismaster725 View Post
Someone posted a Part 3 Wyndham Bonnet Creek thread!
Check it out now!
Might be hard to find Part 3 so click on the link below.

Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951974

Happy Summer!
Old 07-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #3059
DCTooTall

Quote:
Hello,

Can you put in pictures of a 2 bedroom deluxe in tower 6 and also can you add what floor you were on ? Do you have any tips about WBC ?

Thank you !
I've never stayed in a 2bdrm in Tower 6. My one time in Tower 6 I was in a 3bdrm Deluxe on the 9th floor at the end of the hall/Water view. My balcony looked out over the grill area between 5 and 6, with a view of Tower 5. The 2nd and 3rd bedroom windows looked out over the lake and pool.

I also didn't really take a picture of the room. I haven't really taken room pics since my first stay since there isn't a lot of difference between the rooms themselves.

As for tips... Beyond sharing the knowledge i have of the resort, I don't really have any general tips since everyone vacations differently.

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks, at least I know now. So like you said the requests aren't guaranteed. For example if someone said to request a newer building and lake view, would he or she at least get a room in the newer buildings if there was availability?

Happy Summer!
Generally it seems they are pretty good about trying to honor requests to the extent that they are able to do so. The more options you give them in your request, the better the odds of that request being granted. It also never hurts if you have multiple requests (such as "Lake View" and "Newer tower", to let them know what's most important to you. That way if they can't meet your request via something that matches both conditions, they can see if they have something available that meets just one of them.

Quote:
Hello again,
Can you tell what are the pros and the cons for WBC ?
Between this thread and the "Anybody NOT like Bonnet Creek" thread here, I think most of what people consider pros and cons has been discussed. Since everyone Values things different, have different needs, and even different priorities.... not to mention even vacation differently... What could be considered pros and cons for one person could be looked at entirely different by another.

The biggest cons I tend to hear repeated are "Not Disney" and "No Housekeeping". To me, these aren't even issues that are important enough to even make a pro/con list. Another thing people bring up is no ME, EMH, or Disney Transportation. Again, for me, Non issues since I enjoy driving, hate taking the buses, and avoid EMH parks due to the crazy crowds.

So for the pro's/con's, I feel that is likely much more of a personally subjective question that is impossible for someone else to tell you. We can provide you with information and answer he questions however to help you put together your own list, and are more than happy to help.

One thing that I can definitely say though with conviction is something that someone else here often points out. (Is it you Brian noble?)...

"There are 3 things that most people will look for in a Disney Vacation lodging decision.

1. Inexpensive
2. Plenty of room.
3. On Site.

Unfortunately due to the reality of the the Decision, it is often impossible to get all 3. So you must decide which ones are important to you, and which one you can do without."
Old 07-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #3060
Dismaster725
Earning My Ears

Hello,
Quote:
I've never stayed in a 2bdrm in Tower 6. My one time in Tower 6 I was in a 3bdrm Deluxe on the 9th floor at the end of the hall/Water view. My balcony looked out over the grill area between 5 and 6, with a view of Tower 5. The 2nd and 3rd bedroom windows looked out over the lake and pool.

I also didn't really take a picture of the room. I haven't really taken room pics since my first stay since there isn't a lot of difference between the rooms themselves.

As for tips... Beyond sharing the knowledge i have of the resort, I don't really have any general tips since everyone vacations differently.

Generally it seems they are pretty good about trying to honor requests to the extent that they are able to do so. The more options you give them in your request, the better the odds of that request being granted. It also never hurts if you have multiple requests (such as "Lake View" and "Newer tower", to let them know what's most important to you. That way if they can't meet your request via something that matches both conditions, they can see if they have something available that meets just one of them.

Between this thread and the "Anybody NOT like Bonnet Creek" thread here, I think most of what people consider pros and cons has been discussed. Since everyone Values things different, have different needs, and even different priorities.... not to mention even vacation differently... What could be considered pros and cons for one person could be looked at entirely different by another.

The biggest cons I tend to hear repeated are "Not Disney" and "No Housekeeping". To me, these aren't even issues that are important enough to even make a pro/con list. Another thing people bring up is no ME, EMH, or Disney Transportation. Again, for me, Non issues since I enjoy driving, hate taking the buses, and avoid EMH parks due to the crazy crowds.

So for the pro's/con's, I feel that is likely much more of a personally subjective question that is impossible for someone else to tell you. We can provide you with information and answer he questions however to help you put together your own list, and are more than happy to help.

One thing that I can definitely say though with conviction is something that someone else here often points out. (Is it you Brian noble?)...

"There are 3 things that most people will look for in a Disney Vacation lodging decision.

1. Inexpensive
2. Plenty of room.
3. On Site.

Unfortunately due to the reality of the the Decision, it is often impossible to get all 3. So you must decide which ones are important to you, and which one you can do without."
Thank you DCTooTall for asking one of my questions. I really appreciate it !
Closed Thread