Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #3031
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Hello,
Just remember if you have any photos, tips, questions, comments, or more for Wyndham Bonnet Creek please post on this thread.

We appreciate it!

Also can you call ahead for requests and will it be guaranteed?

Thanks!

Happy Summer!

Last edited by Disfan15; 07-02-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #3032
kchristopher
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrn View Post
I think 3,5 or 6 should keep you relatively close to the slide pools and the one lazy river is outside of 5. Our first trip we were close to the slide near 3, my son was a little too small for it because you have to be able to swim well enough once you get to the end in the big pool but he could do the one near 6 as it is separate from the pool and the end is self contained. Back then the walkway between 3 and 6 was closed due to the construction but he and my husband enjoyed the walk alllll the way around to 6. I think they did drive over once also. So the next year we thought we'd be smart and be closest to the 6 slide only to find out they raised the height limitations and he couldn't go on it this time but he had learned to swim well enough to do the one near 3! This trip he should be ok for everything, we'll see what his preference is, lol.
Do you remember what the height limitations are? Sounds like there isn't one on the tower 2-3 slide - the kid just has to be an adequate swimmer?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #3033
Mommytink
Mouseketeer

We will be at BC for our first off-site trip in two weeks. Looking for room request ideas. We have a two bedroom presidential and want firework view. My in laws are staying at the attached new hotel. Any suggestions?
Old 07-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #3034
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommytink View Post
We will be at BC for our first off-site trip in two weeks. Looking for room request ideas. We have a two bedroom presidential and want firework view. My in laws are staying at the attached new hotel. Any suggestions?
Hello,
I think this will answer your question for room request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I'll answer boths of these together since there is some overlap.

The "best tower and view" really can be subjective based off what you are looking for. In general, there really isn't a bad one (with the possible exception of a couple rooms across the entire resort). With the recent refurbs of the oldest towers, and the addition of wifi in each tower, I'd honestly be comfortable saying that each person's "best" could be different. That said, Let's talk about the different factors you may want to consider it determine your best location.

1. Fireworks vs. Lake/pool view. Everyone has their preference, and other than a small number of rooms on higher floors of Towers 1,2, and 3, They tend to be exclusive of each other. As a result, this may be one of the items you would like to consider in choosing your preferences. Personally, I prefer a lake view. The reason for this is that the fireworks only happen once per night, and depending upon your location you might get a good view of them, or not. Since I'm often out at the parks when the fireworks would be set off, I personally would rather have a lake view that I can enjoy the entire day. Noise is not really a concern I've found during most of the day when I have the balcony door closed. A couple nights of the week they may have kareoke or piano players at the pool bars at towers 3 and 4, and these guys can be a bit louder... but it's still not bad with the doors closed..... at least on the higher floors.

2. Tower location. Some people want to be near a slide pool. Others like the be near a lazy river. Some like Bar proximty, or even the activity center or shuttle stops. And now that the hotel is open, some people may like being close to it and the morning coffee or restauant options it has. For this, I just recommend learning where everything is at the resort so you can determine if a particular tower is better for you.

3. Parking. Overall, parking is easy to find in every tower. There are however also 2 parking garages at the resort. For me, I prefer being in a tower where I can use one of the garages since I can easily find a spot when I get back at night (Just turn into the garage and I'll find a spot on my way up, instead of the surface lot routine of going up/down aisles trying to find the closest open spot)..... and I'm also guaranteed a spot in the shade, so that my car is cooler when I finally decide to head out the next day.

4. Tower Size. Some people don't like being too high up, so the fact the older buildings are shorter than the newer buildings can be a plus for them. The taller towers do tend to have more elevators however, so there isn't a big noticable difference in wait times between the different towers.

And there may even be other preferences you have that I didn't touch upon. If you let us know certain things you are wanting or value, we might be able to help narrow down what kind of request to make.

No. Tower 6's upper floors (above floor 9?) are exclusively Presidential units, but the lower floors are regular Deluxe units.

Happy Summer!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #3035
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15 View Post
Thanks DCTooTall! That was very helpful. Now can you call ahead to make the requests and can it be guaranteed? Now I'm not sure about this but are there any tips?
Happy Summer!
General recommendation for requests is to call the resort no earlier than 2 weeks before checkin (The local resort doesn't have your reservation in their system before then). It also doesn't hurt to mention your request again when you check in.

As for it being guaranteed.... It's most likely not going to happen. The only ways a specific room can be requested/guaranteed are with certain presidential reserve units which can be specified/guaranteed at the time of reservation, And Wyndham Owners with certain levels of VIP can 'request' a specific room which is usually honored. With the 2nd method, There were some reports at one time that Bonnet Creek however didn't normally honor those requests, which caused some VIP owners to complain..... And I also don't know if that VIP perk still exists or if it is one that has been discontinued. Either way, VIP owner perks are not transferable, which means that if you are renting you can't take advantage of it, even if renting from a VIP member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeileen View Post
Hello! I haven't read this whole thread (obviously!), but can anyone tell me is BC still a good value if only for a short trip? We are staying 3 nights.
It really depends upon your definition of Value. For the space and proximity in the units, you'll likely still pay less than something comparable onsite. You however likely won't get the same nightly rate as you could get on a longer stay since Wyndham charges a flat fee to owners for a 'guest certificate' which is required to put the reservation in your name. Other than some of the highest VIP level owners which receive unlimited free guest confirmations, everyone else is required to pay this surcharge which they then include in the price you are quoted. Normally it's cost is spread out across the entire stay, which means for a 3night stay it's going to impact your nightly rate more than it would on a 7 night stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaprvs View Post
Last year we stayed at BC for a week and absolutly loved it!! I can't for the life of me remember our room number but we had a 3 bedroom condo In building 4-10th floor I know we had a parking lot view but a great view of fireworks...we loved it!

I want to call and request a lake view this year- but also want to see fireworks. .....
What is the best tower for a 2 bedroom lake view- and fireworks view. ? Thanks!!
So exicted about our second trip to BC!! This year we are going to seaworld!
Lake and Fireworks view, You would need to be in one of the older 3 towers. Personally I'm thinking Tower 2 might be your best bet since it's not going to have Tower 4 block it's view as much as Tower 3 would, and I think Tower 1 may be angled enough that one of it's wings could be facing the wrong way for a great view.

Either way, You'll likely want a higher floor since Tower 4 across the lake will impact your view slightly.

Quote:
Thanks!! Building 6?? High floor? Ive only been in building 4 but had a parking lot view....
Tower 6's higher floors are exclusively Presidential units. also, one of the wings is angled enough that it would prevent really good views of the fireworks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachb View Post
Those of you that buy groceries while at BC (don't use delivery service) where do you go? Wal Mart? If so, which one? Publix? Trying to decide which would have the best combination of price, selection and convenience to BC.
Personally i tend to prefer the Walmart for my shopping, But i'm also usually just getting items like Alcohol, Soda, and MAYBE some small snack food type things. The Liquor store located at the front of the Walmart just makes it a convenient all-in-one stop for me. For my needs, the Walmart is quick, easy, and not that complicated....however i'm also not looking for fancy items or things with a large price variance between stores.

There is a Publix also nearby that as a more traditional grocery store might have a better selection. it's just down the street a little further than the Walmart. I haven't been there in years however so I can't give you much information on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrn View Post
This will be our third WBC stay but my parents' first. My dad doesn't like to make coffee in the room, he likes to get up early and go out for a walk and come back with a cup when on vacation. It was his favorite thing about POR on his last 2 Disney trips. Anyone else do this at WBC? Have you tried the coffee from the little cafe near the lobby and do you know when they open? I'm thinking it would be better for him to walk to the hotel, I believe they have a little Starbucks...
Thanks in advance!
There is indeed a more full-service Coffee/pastry shop with Starbucks located in the Hotel Lobby. I'd agree that it likely would be a better destination for your dad's morning walk/coffee stop. Sorry I can't give you the opening times....I'm not normally an early riser on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommytink View Post
Two Bedroom Presidentials are all going to be located in Tower 6, which coincidentally is next door to the Hotel, shares the parking garage, and is connected to the hotel via an enclosed walkway. I've heard mention that all 2bdrm Presidentials are "conservation view", meaning the parking lot/DTD side of the building.... but I'm honestly not familiar enough with the building layout to know firsthand.

Either way, Because of Tower 6's location and orientation on the property, only 1 wing of the building is capable of firework views. I've heard however that there is a lounge for presidential guests in that building that can be used to watch the fireworks. It might be worth asking about when you check in.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #3036
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
Can someone tell me where the nearest Publix (or regular grocery store) is? We went to Walmart today to get a few things but they didn't have everything we wanted.
Quote:
Those of you that buy groceries while at BC (don't use delivery service) where do you go?
From Bonnet, (or just about any resort to the East of World Drive) I tend to go to the Winn-Dixie on Apopka-Vineland, just north of Palm Parkway. Here's a map with its location. There is a well-supplied liquor store right next to it as well. There is also a Publix at the intersection of I-Drive and Vineland, right by the HGVC I-Drive, but for some reason that one feels harder to get to.

From Bonnet, the "obvious" way to get there takes you past the front of DTD, but I tend to go "around back" (by OKW and SSR) to avoid the lights along that stretch of Buena Vista.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #3037
jennib
Earning My Ears

Is thete a super Target near by?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #3038
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
General recommendation for requests is to call the resort no earlier than 2 weeks before checkin (The local resort doesn't have your reservation in their system before then). It also doesn't hurt to mention your request again when you check in.

As for it being guaranteed.... It's most likely not going to happen. The only ways a specific room can be requested/guaranteed are with certain presidential reserve units which can be specified/guaranteed at the time of reservation, And Wyndham Owners with certain levels of VIP can 'request' a specific room which is usually honored. With the 2nd method, There were some reports at one time that Bonnet Creek however didn't normally honor those requests, which caused some VIP owners to complain..... And I also don't know if that VIP perk still exists or if it is one that has been discontinued. Either way, VIP owner perks are not transferable, which means that if you are renting you can't take advantage of it, even if renting from a VIP member.

It really depends upon your definition of Value. For the space and proximity in the units, you'll likely still pay less than something comparable onsite. You however likely won't get the same nightly rate as you could get on a longer stay since Wyndham charges a flat fee to owners for a 'guest certificate' which is required to put the reservation in your name. Other than some of the highest VIP level owners which receive unlimited free guest confirmations, everyone else is required to pay this surcharge which they then include in the price you are quoted. Normally it's cost is spread out across the entire stay, which means for a 3night stay it's going to impact your nightly rate more than it would on a 7 night stay.

Lake and Fireworks view, You would need to be in one of the older 3 towers. Personally I'm thinking Tower 2 might be your best bet since it's not going to have Tower 4 block it's view as much as Tower 3 would, and I think Tower 1 may be angled enough that one of it's wings could be facing the wrong way for a great view.

Either way, You'll likely want a higher floor since Tower 4 across the lake will impact your view slightly.

Tower 6's higher floors are exclusively Presidential units. also, one of the wings is angled enough that it would prevent really good views of the fireworks.

Personally i tend to prefer the Walmart for my shopping, But i'm also usually just getting items like Alcohol, Soda, and MAYBE some small snack food type things. The Liquor store located at the front of the Walmart just makes it a convenient all-in-one stop for me. For my needs, the Walmart is quick, easy, and not that complicated....however i'm also not looking for fancy items or things with a large price variance between stores.

There is a Publix also nearby that as a more traditional grocery store might have a better selection. it's just down the street a little further than the Walmart. I haven't been there in years however so I can't give you much information on it.

There is indeed a more full-service Coffee/pastry shop with Starbucks located in the Hotel Lobby. I'd agree that it likely would be a better destination for your dad's morning walk/coffee stop. Sorry I can't give you the opening times....I'm not normally an early riser on vacation.

Two Bedroom Presidentials are all going to be located in Tower 6, which coincidentally is next door to the Hotel, shares the parking garage, and is connected to the hotel via an enclosed walkway. I've heard mention that all 2bdrm Presidentials are "conservation view", meaning the parking lot/DTD side of the building.... but I'm honestly not familiar enough with the building layout to know firsthand.

Either way, Because of Tower 6's location and orientation on the property, only 1 wing of the building is capable of firework views. I've heard however that there is a lounge for presidential guests in that building that can be used to watch the fireworks. It might be worth asking about when you check in.
Hello,
Thanks for all the info!
Really helpful!
Thank you DCTooTall!
Happy Summer!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #3039
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Hello,
Does anyone have any recent photos for their trip in June? We would really appreciate you sharing them. Also I read that they replaced the ripped couches and chairs. Do they still have ripped couches and chairs or did they replace all of them?

Thanks!
Happy Summer!

Last edited by Disfan15; 07-02-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #3040
Brian Noble

Quote:
Is thete a super Target near by?
The one that immediately comes to mind is out on US-192, to the west of World Drive, right across from the Orange Lake entrance. That's not particularly convenient to Bonnet, IMO, but you can get there. There may be another one that is closer.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #3041
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

There is another one on 192, in the other direction. About 12 miles from the one Brian Noble is talking about. I forget the mile marker numbers. I think the mile marker to the West is mile marker 3 maybe? And the Super Target in the other direction is around mile marker 15.

If you go to www.target.com and type in kissimmee it will show you on a map the two locations. There are no others in that area besides those two. I already looked.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #3042
Brian Noble

I'd probably go to the one to the West then---If you drive towards AKL, and take the Sherberth road exit from property, you can avoid almost all of the 192 traffic lights.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #3043
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
I'd probably go to the one to the West then---If you drive towards AKL, and take the Sherberth road exit from property, you can avoid almost all of the 192 traffic lights.
There's a Publix down that way too.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #3044
lindaprvs
Earning My Ears

updated map?

We went last may and there was construction going on of the new hotel and pool... does anyone have a updated map since its been completed? Just curious...

Also-- we are going this year just to visit seaworld and go to the beach for a day- we are NOT doing disney (we did that last year) except for one Chef Mickey's meal we have planned. . . I would love a view of the fireworks... and am trying to decide if its worth having a lake view AND a fireworks view- we stayed in Building 4 last year and had an AMAZING fireworks view- but just a parking lot view- but it didn't bother us at all since we weren't ever on the balcony except to watch the fireworks.

Thoughts??

AND I read recently on the timeshare owners page (our grandparents are owners so we go through them to BC)... they have a seaworld deal for 81.99 for a 2 day park pass AND free dinning. I called BC about it and they said it is there- just come to the guest services to get it when we arrive... Has anyone done this who has been lately??
Old 07-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #3045
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
We went last may and there was construction going on of the new hotel and pool... does anyone have a updated map since its been completed? Just curious...

Also-- we are going this year just to visit seaworld and go to the beach for a day- we are NOT doing disney (we did that last year) except for one Chef Mickey's meal we have planned. . . I would love a view of the fireworks... and am trying to decide if its worth having a lake view AND a fireworks view- we stayed in Building 4 last year and had an AMAZING fireworks view- but just a parking lot view- but it didn't bother us at all since we weren't ever on the balcony except to watch the fireworks.

Thoughts??

AND I read recently on the timeshare owners page (our grandparents are owners so we go through them to BC)... they have a seaworld deal for 81.99 for a 2 day park pass AND free dinning. I called BC about it and they said it is there- just come to the guest services to get it when we arrive... Has anyone done this who has been lately??

this is the "Resort Map" currently available off Wyndham's website. It's not entirely current (Still shows the hotel as "future", and the parking lot doesn't go around behind tower 6.), but it's the latest "official" map.

Closed Thread