Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #3016
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaprvs View Post
Thanks!! Building 6?? High floor? Ive only been in building 4 but had a parking lot view....
Hello again,
Building 6 is great also since it is the newest! Both views you should do middle/high floors. Especially for firework/parking lot view. Just know if you don't have presidential rooms, tower 6 has the presidential after like the 9th floor. So if you have deluxe try to get the 8th floor I think. So if you want higher I would also recommend tower 5 middle/high floor.
Have fun!

Last edited by Disfan15; 07-02-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #3017
carlbarry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
We are here now and loving it. This is our first time staying here....we are die hard WDW resort visitors. So far so good....no complaints. I love the space in the suite and we have already cooked dinner. I requested building 5 which we got but I wanted a high floor...we got 5th floor and have a view of the parking lot. The view and floor are a little disappointing but you can't win them all.

I can confirm that the entire resort now has WiFi.

Can someone tell me where the nearest Publix (or regular grocery store) is? We went to Walmart today to get a few things but they didn't have everything we wanted.
There is one at 2915 Vineland Rd Kissimmee, FL 34746-5505
which is not far from the Wal-Mart on Vineland.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #3018
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Exclamation my2cents

*!*! Disney is my Happy ~ Place !*!*

*please excuse me if I miss the point*

Last edited by ibob52; 07-02-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #3019
ehrn
Mouseketeer

Thoughts on Park Hopping

You really can make it work with or without park hoppers. It does take more planning and of course provides less flexibility without them. We are not very organized. Once, we had one day non-ph tickets while those for the rest of our trip were hoppers. We got to the Studios in the morning, my dh brought those single day tickets forgetting that we had dinner reservations in a different park that we did not want to miss. He had to go all the way back to the resort and get the other tickets from the safe.
We usually get park hoppers but on our last trip, we decided we probably didn't need them next time because our kids are young and we don't stay very late in the parks like we used to. BUT we did end up buying hoppers for this trip in November because my parents will be coming with us. Hoppers will allow us to be more flexible and to maybe go back and do something different without the kids--I haven't seen any night parades or fireworks in a few years because kids were scared and/or tired... Also, we will make the last couple days of Food and Wine, we may want to go back for something without dedicating 2 whole days in a row to EPCOT. If it rains the night I planned to see Fantasmic, I can try again another night--that flexibility is really nice when there are more people to accommodate...
Park Hopping really is a personal preference. I would say, if this is your first time off property, get the kind of tickets you would normally get. It takes a little getting used to--being off property, you don't want to change too many things in the same trip. Have a great time!!!

Party of 4
Old 07-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #3020
coachb
Mouseketeer

Those of you that buy groceries while at BC (don't use delivery service) where do you go? Wal Mart? If so, which one? Publix? Trying to decide which would have the best combination of price, selection and convenience to BC.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #3021
lindaprvs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachb
Those of you that buy groceries while at BC (don't use delivery service) where do you go? Wal Mart? If so, which one? Publix? Trying to decide which would have the best combination of price, selection and convenience to BC.
Not sure how far u Coming, we drive down from Ga and bring everything with us. There is a nice walmart not far from the resort..

Old 07-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #3022
lindaprvs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15

Hello again,
Building 6 is great also since it is the newest! Both views you should do middle/high floors. Especially for firework/parking lot view. Just know if you don't have presidential rooms, tower 6 has the presidential after like the 9th floor. So if you have deluxe try to get the 8th floor I think. So if you want higher I would also recommend tower 5 middle/high floor.
Have fun!
Oooo ok.....maybe i will try out tower 5. I am just super happy to know we can have lake view and fireworks!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #3023
ehrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob52 View Post
Where as this is a Discussion Board ... opinions may differ

My bad, sorry! I lost my whole post, didn't realize that just that bit did "take". Sorry folks!!!

Party of 4
Old 07-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #3024
ehrn
Mouseketeer

Coffee Shop Question

This will be our third WBC stay but my parents' first. My dad doesn't like to make coffee in the room, he likes to get up early and go out for a walk and come back with a cup when on vacation. It was his favorite thing about POR on his last 2 Disney trips. Anyone else do this at WBC? Have you tried the coffee from the little cafe near the lobby and do you know when they open? I'm thinking it would be better for him to walk to the hotel, I believe they have a little Starbucks...
Thanks in advance!

Party of 4
Old 07-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #3025
ehrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherabby View Post
My son loves to swim and we would probably like to be closer to a pool with the slide or even the lazy river. What building should we request?
I think 3,5 or 6 should keep you relatively close to the slide pools and the one lazy river is outside of 5. Our first trip we were close to the slide near 3, my son was a little too small for it because you have to be able to swim well enough once you get to the end in the big pool but he could do the one near 6 as it is separate from the pool and the end is self contained. Back then the walkway between 3 and 6 was closed due to the construction but he and my husband enjoyed the walk alllll the way around to 6. I think they did drive over once also. So the next year we thought we'd be smart and be closest to the 6 slide only to find out they raised the height limitations and he couldn't go on it this time but he had learned to swim well enough to do the one near 3! This trip he should be ok for everything, we'll see what his preference is, lol.

Party of 4
Old 07-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #3026
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Oooo ok.....maybe i will try out tower 5. I am just super happy to know we can have lake view and fireworks!
Hello,
Sorry I didn't know that you want both views in one room. In that case the older buidings are not tall but you can see lake view and firework view. The fireworks won't be as close as the newer buildings view but at least it has both views. The older buildings are like 7-9 floors tall (Buildings 1,2,3) I would recommend tower 2 for both views. If you are in the older buildings ask for a lake view so you can have both views and not a parking lot view.
This post is if you want a lake and firework view.
Happy Summer!
Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #3027
Mommytink
Mouseketeer

We will be at BC for our first off-site trip in two weeks. Looking for room request ideas. We have a two bedroom presidential and want firework view. My in laws are staying at the attached new hotel. Any suggestions?
Old 07-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #3028
lindaprvs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15

Hello,
Sorry I didn't know that you want both views in one room. In that case the older buidings are not tall but you can see lake view and firework view. The fireworks won't be as close as the newer buildings view but at least it has both views. The older buildings are like 7-9 floors tall (Buildings 1,2,3) I would recommend tower 2 for both views. If you are in the older buildings ask for a lake view so you can have both views and not a parking lot view.
This post is if you want a lake and firework view.
Happy Summer!
How r the older buildings furnishing wise???
What is everyones preference?

Old 07-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #3029
Branabb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommytink View Post
We will be at BC for our first off-site trip in two weeks. Looking for room request ideas. We have a two bedroom presidential and want firework view. My in laws are staying at the attached new hotel. Any suggestions?
I can't speak on the conservation/parking lot side of tower 6 (even number rooms), which is where the 2BR Pres. are. We stayed in 1521 last year which is lakeview far left corner if you are facing the lake. We could see Illuminations over the top of the building to our right (Don't know the tower numbers). The building that is next to Tower 6 and has the Fort pool.

Based off of that, I would say you will need to be as far to the left end of the building as you can be to see fireworks if you are on the lakeside. However, I know Pres. are assigned at the time of booking, and with the high demand, I doubt you will be able to change rooms. I am no expert on WBC though. Never hurts to try.

A lot of people go to the 4BR Presidential that is used for the timeshare pitches to see fireworks too. In fact, our room was next to a 4BR pres that is open for viewing. There were usually 5-8 people each night. That is always an option.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #3030
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
How r the older buildings furnishing wise???
What is everyones preference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
I'll answer boths of these together since there is some overlap.

The "best tower and view" really can be subjective based off what you are looking for. In general, there really isn't a bad one (with the possible exception of a couple rooms across the entire resort). With the recent refurbs of the oldest towers, and the addition of wifi in each tower, I'd honestly be comfortable saying that each person's "best" could be different. That said, Let's talk about the different factors you may want to consider it determine your best location.

1. Fireworks vs. Lake/pool view. Everyone has their preference, and other than a small number of rooms on higher floors of Towers 1,2, and 3, They tend to be exclusive of each other. As a result, this may be one of the items you would like to consider in choosing your preferences. Personally, I prefer a lake view. The reason for this is that the fireworks only happen once per night, and depending upon your location you might get a good view of them, or not. Since I'm often out at the parks when the fireworks would be set off, I personally would rather have a lake view that I can enjoy the entire day. Noise is not really a concern I've found during most of the day when I have the balcony door closed. A couple nights of the week they may have kareoke or piano players at the pool bars at towers 3 and 4, and these guys can be a bit louder... but it's still not bad with the doors closed..... at least on the higher floors.

2. Tower location. Some people want to be near a slide pool. Others like the be near a lazy river. Some like Bar proximty, or even the activity center or shuttle stops. And now that the hotel is open, some people may like being close to it and the morning coffee or restauant options it has. For this, I just recommend learning where everything is at the resort so you can determine if a particular tower is better for you.

3. Parking. Overall, parking is easy to find in every tower. There are however also 2 parking garages at the resort. For me, I prefer being in a tower where I can use one of the garages since I can easily find a spot when I get back at night (Just turn into the garage and I'll find a spot on my way up, instead of the surface lot routine of going up/down aisles trying to find the closest open spot)..... and I'm also guaranteed a spot in the shade, so that my car is cooler when I finally decide to head out the next day.

4. Tower Size. Some people don't like being too high up, so the fact the older buildings are shorter than the newer buildings can be a plus for them. The taller towers do tend to have more elevators however, so there isn't a big noticable difference in wait times between the different towers.

And there may even be other preferences you have that I didn't touch upon. If you let us know certain things you are wanting or value, we might be able to help narrow down what kind of request to make.

No. Tower 6's upper floors (above floor 9?) are exclusively Presidential units, but the lower floors are regular Deluxe units.

Hello,
THe older buildings were refurbished. As you can see below your message quote are preferences.
Have a great summer!
Closed Thread