Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #3001
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much ibob52. i appreciate it but i just have another question about tower 6. isn't it just presidential suites in tower 6?
Feel free to give me other recommendations.
Thanks!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #3002
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armmom View Post
We are going on our 1st vacation in 8 years with our 3 DS and are staying at WBC. We are booked through VS but I was wondering what tower do we request? Do we want a fireworks or a pool veiw? We will be in the park for 3 days but 2 days we want to hang around the pool. This trip is really special to us. Our middle son is in REMISSION!!!!!!! And we need a smooth and fun time!!!Would love some feedback as to what would be a great tower and view!!! LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15 View Post
Can they take any requests at check in for Wyndham Bonnet Creek?
Also what is the best building and view? Won't lake view be loud from the pools nearby?
I'll answer boths of these together since there is some overlap.

The "best tower and view" really can be subjective based off what you are looking for. In general, there really isn't a bad one (with the possible exception of a couple rooms across the entire resort). With the recent refurbs of the oldest towers, and the addition of wifi in each tower, I'd honestly be comfortable saying that each person's "best" could be different. That said, Let's talk about the different factors you may want to consider it determine your best location.

1. Fireworks vs. Lake/pool view. Everyone has their preference, and other than a small number of rooms on higher floors of Towers 1,2, and 3, They tend to be exclusive of each other. As a result, this may be one of the items you would like to consider in choosing your preferences. Personally, I prefer a lake view. The reason for this is that the fireworks only happen once per night, and depending upon your location you might get a good view of them, or not. Since I'm often out at the parks when the fireworks would be set off, I personally would rather have a lake view that I can enjoy the entire day. Noise is not really a concern I've found during most of the day when I have the balcony door closed. A couple nights of the week they may have kareoke or piano players at the pool bars at towers 3 and 4, and these guys can be a bit louder... but it's still not bad with the doors closed..... at least on the higher floors.

2. Tower location. Some people want to be near a slide pool. Others like the be near a lazy river. Some like Bar proximty, or even the activity center or shuttle stops. And now that the hotel is open, some people may like being close to it and the morning coffee or restauant options it has. For this, I just recommend learning where everything is at the resort so you can determine if a particular tower is better for you.

3. Parking. Overall, parking is easy to find in every tower. There are however also 2 parking garages at the resort. For me, I prefer being in a tower where I can use one of the garages since I can easily find a spot when I get back at night (Just turn into the garage and I'll find a spot on my way up, instead of the surface lot routine of going up/down aisles trying to find the closest open spot)..... and I'm also guaranteed a spot in the shade, so that my car is cooler when I finally decide to head out the next day.

4. Tower Size. Some people don't like being too high up, so the fact the older buildings are shorter than the newer buildings can be a plus for them. The taller towers do tend to have more elevators however, so there isn't a big noticable difference in wait times between the different towers.

And there may even be other preferences you have that I didn't touch upon. If you let us know certain things you are wanting or value, we might be able to help narrow down what kind of request to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15 View Post
Thank you so much ibob52. i appreciate it but i just have another question about tower 6. isn't it just presidential suites in tower 6?
Feel free to give me other recommendations.
Thanks!
No. Tower 6's upper floors (above floor 9?) are exclusively Presidential units, but the lower floors are regular Deluxe units.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #3003
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Thanks DCTooTall! That was very helpful. Now can you call ahead to make the requests and can it be guaranteed? Now I'm not sure about this but are there any tips?
Happy Summer!

Last edited by Disfan15; 07-01-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #3004
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

Hi everyone,

We have stayed at WBC a couple times before and we LOVE it! We are looking at planning an August 2013 vacation- likely 12 to 14 nights. I am just trying to get an idea of cost per night in August- we are looking at checking in MID august say August 10 or 11th. I know with Vacation upgrades 60 days out you can pay $120 for a 2 bedroom during that time. Anyone book for August and can share what they are paying?

thanks!
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal 7/14- Daytona Beach & Holiday Inn Resort Lake Beuna Vista 8/14- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas

Old 07-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #3005
cinderellamom123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdevine10 View Post
Hi everyone,

We have stayed at WBC a couple times before and we LOVE it! We are looking at planning an August 2013 vacation- likely 12 to 14 nights. I am just trying to get an idea of cost per night in August- we are looking at checking in MID august say August 10 or 11th. I know with Vacation upgrades 60 days out you can pay $120 for a 2 bedroom during that time. Anyone book for August and can share what they are paying?

thanks!
If they have availability 60 days or earlier, can get it from Vacation Upgrades for $120 or so. We booked prior to 60 days out and got it for $135. We had to book flights etc. and didn't want to take the chance that they would not have space. Give Ken a ring at Vac. upgrades and he can give you your options.
You may even get it slightly cheaper as my dates are 8/3 to 8/15
Old 07-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #3006
staceyeileen
Mouseketeer

Hello! I haven't read this whole thread (obviously!), but can anyone tell me is BC still a good value if only for a short trip? We are staying 3 nights.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #3007
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeileen View Post
Hello! I haven't read this whole thread (obviously!), but can anyone tell me is BC still a good value if only for a short trip? We are staying 3 nights.
Hello,
Yes, it is a good value no mater what! I hear that BC is a fantastic resort! Whether it is a short stay or long stay your money and stay will be worth the trip. BC has a lot to offer you while your stay!
Just have fun!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #3008
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

It's a Dog eat Dog world out there

Disney is my Happy ~ Place
Old 07-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #3009
lindaprvs
Mouseketeer

Last year we stayed at BC for a week and absolutly loved it!! I can't for the life of me remember our room number but we had a 3 bedroom condo In building 4-10th floor I know we had a parking lot view but a great view of fireworks...we loved it!

I want to call and request a lake view this year- but also want to see fireworks. .....
What is the best tower for a 2 bedroom lake view- and fireworks view. ? Thanks!!
So exicted about our second trip to BC!! This year we are going to seaworld!

Last edited by lindaprvs; 07-01-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #3010
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post
warning please excuse our reunion

Queenie!!! If 3 AVC'ers are here than I must be in the right place! I am just getting my feet weet with a 3 day. My motion sickness can be really bad. What better way to test it than a boat ride with Mickey. Maybe I will join you on the Fantasy if this little boat ride is as wonderful as it sounds.

I was hoping to upgrade from Art of Animation to Riverside for this trip. And I think I am going to really miss it. But I will not miss the beds that were a little to hard. Your trip is so close. Your going to give me the Queenie report, right! You must be so excitied. I'm so excited for you!

I love your countdown "Shut up and Have Fun!" classic AVC!
Butchie, Candleshoe and myself all have stays this August at WBC

So yes you are right in line with the offsite AVC'ers choice
WBC seems to be as close to onsite as offsite can be, and it is beautiful. I will miss on site magic but not 5 of us crammed into POR. I am looking forward to this new adventure and all the firsts because of staying off site!

I will give you a full report, if you give me one on the boaty floaty

Last edited by eeyorepixie; 07-01-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #3011
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaprvs View Post
Last year we stayed at BC for a week and absolutly loved it!! I can't for the life of me remember our room number but we had a 3 bedroom condo In building 4-10th floor I know we had a parking lot view but a great view of fireworks...we loved it!

I want to call and request a lake view this year- but also want to see fireworks. .....
What is the best tower for a 2 bedroom lake view- and fireworks view. ? Thanks!!
So exicted about our second trip to BC!! This year we are going to seaworld!
Hello,
For a 2 bdrm lake view can be in any building in a lake view room. However it can be a little noisy without the sliding glass window shut from the activities that are happening from the pool and bar. A high floor will not be noisy.
For firework view the newest buildings are the closest to the fireworks. So if you have a firework view make sure its on the high floor so you aren't looking at the parking garage or to close to the parking lot so you can have a great view of the fireworks.
Have fun at Seaworld!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #3012
sherabby
DIS Veteran

My son loves to swim and we would probably like to be closer to a pool with the slide or even the lazy river. What building should we request?
Old 07-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #3013
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherabby View Post
My son loves to swim and we would probably like to be closer to a pool with the slide or even the lazy river. What building should we request?
Hello,
You should request building 5 for a lazy river next to the pool. Also the main building has a lazy river with a pool. Building 5 is a pirate themed lazy river with a fort. Building 6 has a pirate ship waterslide. Somewhere in the old buildings(1,2,or 3) has a regular waterslide. I think it is between building 2 and 3. If your son likes pirates I would say to request building 5 or 6.
Have fun!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #3014
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

We are here now and loving it. This is our first time staying here....we are die hard WDW resort visitors. So far so good....no complaints. I love the space in the suite and we have already cooked dinner. I requested building 5 which we got but I wanted a high floor...we got 5th floor and have a view of the parking lot. The view and floor are a little disappointing but you can't win them all.

I can confirm that the entire resort now has WiFi.

Can someone tell me where the nearest Publix (or regular grocery store) is? We went to Walmart today to get a few things but they didn't have everything we wanted.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #3015
lindaprvs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15

Hello,
For a 2 bdrm lake view can be in any building in a lake view room. However it can be a little noisy without the sliding glass window shut from the activities that are happening from the pool and bar. A high floor will not be noisy.
For firework view the newest buildings are the closest to the fireworks. So if you have a firework view make sure its on the high floor so you aren't looking at the parking garage or to close to the parking lot so you can have a great view of the fireworks.
Have fun at Seaworld!
Thanks!! Building 6?? High floor? Ive only been in building 4 but had a parking lot view....

Closed Thread