Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #2986
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post
I can totally see though how other people do things differently, but for us, it makes zero difference whether we stay onsite or offsite - we always tour the same way.
Same here. We've stayed offsite in houses and we've stayed onsite, and I still plan my days exactly the same way. If I build in a break, we take it no matter where we are. Then there are days where we are in the parks from sunup to sundown.

And we've NEVER had park hoppers. If we spend half a day in a park and we are done, we leave and swim in the pool or go to bed early, we don't go back to a different park.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #2987
osugal
Mouseketeer

We were planning to go back to WDW next year again and stay club level deluxe. We love staying CL so that means we must stay deluxe. It's a huge expense for the trip but I justify that we don't go every year. And, I really like being on property, park hopping etc.

Since seeing all of the pictures of BC I'm seriously considering switching. Still being so close to WDW and having all of that beautiful space...for so much less expense! Having a kitchen and laundry facilities would be wonderful. It's so appealing to me.

The only thing I'm worried about is that I'll miss being able to just go back and forth from the parks as easily. I know they have shuttles but it sounds like most suggest driving. We usually stay at BCR and we can walk to Epcot in 5 minutes so we would often just go there for dinner if we wanted to.

Do most of you go to the parks less when staying at BC rather than staying on site? I can't see much reason to do park hoppers since it will be less convenient to go to more than one a day. Not that it's a big deal....just trying to process how much this would change our park plans.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #2988
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

I posted just above you, but I think we might spend a little more time in the parks when we stay offsite. We just get there, park, spend our day, eat dinner and then sometimes stay for fireworks, sometimes not. We definitely don't do less.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #2989
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
The only thing I'm worried about is that I'll miss being able to just go back and forth from the parks as easily. I know they have shuttles but it sounds like most suggest driving. We usually stay at BCR and we can walk to Epcot in 5 minutes so we would often just go there for dinner if we wanted to.

Do most of you go to the parks less when staying at BC rather than staying on site? I can't see much reason to do park hoppers since it will be less convenient to go to more than one a day. Not that it's a big deal....just trying to process how much this would change our park plans.
It's no more inconvenient to do park-hoppers when staying offsite than onsite.

If you take the Wyndham Shuttle to the parks, There is nothing preventing you from using Disney Transportation once at the parks to hop from one location to another. You can then catch the Wyndham Shuttle at your new park to get back to the resort without needing to go back to the one you started at.

If you drive, again, you can use Disney Transportation to park hop, Or you can even just use your car to park-hop. Driving can actually be quicker since you don't need to worry about waiting for the next Disney bus, and if you show your parking receipt from the first park to the 2nd's parking gates, you don't need to pay to park again. ("free" hopping for your car. )
Old 06-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #2990
osugal
Mouseketeer

That makes sense - thanks everyone. I guess the reason I thought it would change things is just feeling like the parks aren't as convenient. I think of staying on-site as being able to conveniently go back and forth between the hotels and parks as often as you want. When I think of being off-site I would think that you would leave once for the day and stay as long as possible....then return for the evening. I'm probably being too narrow-minded in my view of it. That's probably because the other time I stayed off-site it wasn't nearly as close as BC.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #2991
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
That makes sense - thanks everyone. I guess the reason I thought it would change things is just feeling like the parks aren't as convenient. I think of staying on-site as being able to conveniently go back and forth between the hotels and parks as often as you want. When I think of being off-site I would think that you would leave once for the day and stay as long as possible....then return for the evening. I'm probably being too narrow-minded in my view of it. That's probably because the other time I stayed off-site it wasn't nearly as close as BC.

Thanks for the replies!
Totally understandable.

Just think of it this way.... Wyndham Bonnet Creek is closer to the parks than some of the DTD area resorts (and definitely more convenient to the major thoroughfares). It's practically next to CBR (Separated by a fence, drainage ditch/creek, Some Trees, and a roadway)
Old 06-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #2992
kleldridge
Disney regulars

Quote:
We were planning to go back to WDW next year again and stay club level deluxe. We love staying CL so that means we must stay deluxe. It's a huge expense for the trip but I justify that we don't go every year. And, I really like being on property, park hopping etc.

Since seeing all of the pictures of BC I'm seriously considering switching. Still being so close to WDW and having all of that beautiful space...for so much less expense! Having a kitchen and laundry facilities would be wonderful. It's so appealing to me.

We have a car with us each time we have been. So, we were already in the habit of hopping in the car instead of waiting (sometimes too long) for a bus. Staying at WBC just makes it easier to get "home." When we stayed at the cramped moderates, it would take just as long to get back to the room. We sometimes stayed at the parks longer just because the room was uncomfortable to hang out in. Not a problem at WBC!

Also, you can easily rationalize going to WDW every year because you save so much $ on the room, it's like getting to go once for free!

DW DH: , DS19 , DD18:

Previous stays: POFQ 99, 01, 04, 05, 06, 09; CB 02, 03, 09; CS 06; Pop 04, 08; WL 04; Sports 07; SSR 07, 08; AKL 08; Offsite 10, Bonnet Creek 10, 11, 12, 12
Old 06-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #2993
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We're a family of 5 so pretty much forced into a Deluxe or value suite (no thank you!), and also only do club level onsite. We're Poly folk though. For us CL meant space to spread out because in the rooms were on top of one another, and breakfast in the lounge was heaven - so simple, ready when we were (got us to the parks quickly).

At Bonnet Creek we missed watching Wishes from the lounge the most, everything else was worth the exchange/savings. We spent on our week at BC what 2 nights Poly CL cost us - 'nuff said!

We did visit the parks a little differently, but really it didn't effect our touring that much. We always had our own car regardless of onsite or off, so drove everywhere (except to MK of course, LOL!) when at the Poly. We would typically hit our park of choice for rope drop and go until mid afternoon. If onsite we would go somewhere for dinner (typically had ADR's on the loop) and then back to the resort to relax for a few, change into jammies and watch wishes from the lounge with drinks/desserts and then straight to bed. When at BC we hit our park of choice at RD, stay till mid afternoon, and then we would either hit the resort for a few and then drive and park at the boardwalk and check out things there and stroll into EPCOT though IG for a bite/illuminations or we would relax in the room, cook dinner and enjoy the resort. We missed our nightly wishes, but it made the one time we did CM then walked to MK for ELP and Wishes that much more special (my kids had never seen wishes from in the parks!).

Regarding hoppers, you can always add them if/when you decide you need them. It costs the same to do it now or on the last day, so you don't need to have the expense until your SURE you need it. We tend to hop regardless of on or off site because we like to wind down our evenings with a little stroll and sights. Then again we've been to the parks often enough that we don't feel compelled to go go go all the time, that's what our mornings are for!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #2994
armmom
Earning My Ears

We are going on our 1st vacation in 8 years with our 3 DS and are staying at WBC. We are booked through VS but I was wondering what tower do we request? Do we want a fireworks or a pool veiw? We will be in the park for 3 days but 2 days we want to hang around the pool. This trip is really special to us. Our middle son is in REMISSION!!!!!!! And we need a smooth and fun time!!!Would love some feedback as to what would be a great tower and view!!! LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #2995
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
Hey Cheryl long time no see There are 3 of us in the AVC staying at WBC this August. A cruise in April I have one booked in April too for 4 days on the Wonder, but will be cancelling because I want a 7 day on the Fantasy in 2014 when the dates come out
I just wanted to give you a big Ol'Queenie hug
warning please excuse our reunion

Queenie!!! If 3 AVC'ers are here than I must be in the right place! I am just getting my feet weet with a 3 day. My motion sickness can be really bad. What better way to test it than a boat ride with Mickey. Maybe I will join you on the Fantasy if this little boat ride is as wonderful as it sounds.

I was hoping to upgrade from Art of Animation to Riverside for this trip. And I think I am going to really miss it. But I will not miss the beds that were a little to hard. Your trip is so close. Your going to give me the Queenie report, right! You must be so excitied. I'm so excited for you!

I love your countdown "Shut up and Have Fun!" classic AVC!
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 06-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #2996
Disfan15
Earning My Ears

Can they take any requests at check in for Wyndham Bonnet Creek?
Also what is the best building and view? Won't lake view be loud from the pools nearby?
Old 06-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #2997
nancy155
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe how quickly the time is flying by! We leave four weeks from today. At this time in one month we will be getting our rental from the airport and headed to Publix on our way to WBC!!!!!

Me , DS
Old 06-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #2998
kleldridge
Disney regulars

Just checked into a presidential suite. Having stayed at WBC 3 other times, I must say I was thoroughly impeessed. Didn't get to check in early but busied ourselves at Epcot. Love the extra space and memories in the presidential!

DW DH: , DS19 , DD18:

Previous stays: POFQ 99, 01, 04, 05, 06, 09; CB 02, 03, 09; CS 06; Pop 04, 08; WL 04; Sports 07; SSR 07, 08; AKL 08; Offsite 10, Bonnet Creek 10, 11, 12, 12
Old 06-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #2999
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleldridge View Post
Just checked into a presidential suite. Having stayed at WBC 3 other times, I must say I was thoroughly impeessed. Didn't get to check in early but busied ourselves at Epcot. Love the extra space and memories in the presidential!
Here's to hoping you and yours have a perfect vacation!

Me , DS
Old 06-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #3000
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan15 View Post
Can they take any requests at check in for Wyndham Bonnet Creek?
Also what is the best building and view? Won't lake view be loud from the pools nearby?
Yes they will consider requests / preferences at check in.

Sometime's LUCK and time of arrival can be a important factor in what you can negotiate with the front desk.
I arrived @ 7pm on Saturday
the line was short at that time (not so @ 4pm *insert patience*)

So I was able to discuss @ check in *my preference* (if available) = Building 6 / High Floor / Lake view ...
after they checked the system ... I was offered a few different options (low floor / parking lot view / etc) ...
I was able to chose ... Building 4 / 9th Floor / Lake View.

The pool area activities with *microphone* usage (Karaoke - Games - etc) are quite loud (while on the balcolny)
with the sliding Glass Door shut = room was quiet.
Much lower floors of same building I would not ... think so.

From my observance of WBC (layout) ... IIRC
Not all ... Lake / pool view rooms ... are in Buildings
that are directly behind / near a pool.

The actual noise from the pool area was not noticable (High Floor)
during normal use ... but with the organized activities = it can be loud (microphone).

Depending on the room location in the building ... one end of the same building
may not have the same experience as the other end of same building.

I had the Best vacation ever ~ WBC

It's a Dog eat Dog world out there

Disney is my Happy ~ Place

Last edited by ibob52; 06-30-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Closed Thread