Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #2956
cinderellamom123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoGKC View Post
Does anybody know if Ken rents units for only 2 nights? Last time we did 3 nights and his website only lists 3 nights and above.
The problem for just renting a few nights is that overall, it usually is more per night. Just recently Wyndham started charging owners to put the reservation into the name of a guest. After a 10 day vacation it is minimal but for one or two days it can make the daily rate go up substantially. I used to do a one or two night here and there but now it is not as good a deal.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #2957
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Monnytink, my understanding is that when a presidential building is booked by an owner, it is for a specific unit at the time of booking. The owner should be able to tell you the unit number of the unit he reserved for you.

In building 6, the odd numbers face the lake, the even face the conservation area and towards Downtown Disney. Building 5 does block the fireworks view all the way to the top floor, 19, for some units because building 6 is curved like a partial crescent shape, and Building 5 blocks the view of all but the highest fireworks. However, the view of the lake and especially the sunset over the lake is wonderful. I was in 1919, 2 room presidential, a few weeks ago and could see (from a distance) the Dolphin hotel, Tower of Terror, the rooftops of the Carribbean beach all dead on, and Pop Century to the left. I also could see part of the Hilton Bonnet Creek building even further to the left.

You could not see the castle (way too far away) nor Space ship Earth from the unit where we stayed. I actually never saw the fireworks from Fantasmic either but I think I was either not in the room at the right time or Fantasmic was cancelled due to rain.

We did stay in a 3 bedroom end unit in building 4 once where we were able to catch Illuminations and see fireworks during Fantasmic, but it was a deluxe unit not a presidential.

Hope that is helpful.

I do think there are some units in building 6 where you can see fireworks, perhaps the end of 6 that just outs past building 5 on the far end of the crescent curve of the building. Maybe the resort can advise you.
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #2958
disneyfreak7
DIS Veteran

Has anyone had the Christmas Day dinner buffet? Wondering how it is. Also how much would a taxi cost from Epcot to BC?

Me DH DS DD DS DS DD:
http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...crrvt3digw.png
Old 06-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #2959
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

I've had packages shipped to myself at a WDW resort and I'm wondering if anyone does it at WBC?

I'm looking to order some dance shoes for my DD.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #2960
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderellamom123 View Post
The problem for just renting a few nights is that overall, it usually is more per night. Just recently Wyndham started charging owners to put the reservation into the name of a guest. After a 10 day vacation it is minimal but for one or two days it can make the daily rate go up substantially. I used to do a one or two night here and there but now it is not as good a deal.

Yes, I knew about the extra fee, but when we split it between two families it still came out to be a great deal.

And FYI, I heard back from Ken & Denise - they do rent for 2 nights to prior customers. Unfortunately my dates weren't available, but it is good to know for the future since we live close enough to do weekend trips.

Mom to DD 13 , DD 11 , DS 9

1975-present - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses (old), cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 06-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #2961
Fundytrail
Our 1988 Ticket

A couple of days ago I sent out two requests for quotes for 14 nights in April 2013, within hours I had a quote back from one and 48 hours has passed and no response from the other.

Vacation Strategy provided a very reasonable quote so we are now booked in for April 2013

Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #2962
sherabby
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know where the links are to the pay it forwards? I cannot seem to find it.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #2963
disneyfreak7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak7 View Post
Has anyone had the Christmas Day dinner buffet? Wondering how it is. Also how much would a taxi cost from Epcot to BC?
anyone?

Me DH DS DD DS DS DD:
Old 06-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #2964
trishwal
Convince me to take our family to Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherabby View Post
Does anyone know where the links are to the pay it forwards? I cannot seem to find it.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2663580
2007 - 7 day Disney World with DS-10 and DD-6
2012 - 2 Days onsite at Universal and 3 Days Disney at Bonnet Creek DS-15, DD-11
2014 - 13 of us (parents, siblings, and all our kids) 4-Day WDW staying in a 7 BR Emerald Island villa
Old 06-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #2965
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

I just booked our first stay at WBC! Well I paid the deposit anyway. We will be there April 10-18 2013 before our very first (testing the waters) cruise on the Dream. We left DH behind on our Christmas trip so its his turn. Since it's just us we booked a 1 bedroom.

We had Art of Animation Little Mermaid room booked, but DH wanted to make the dining plans and when he saw the sticker prices on the Disney meals (this is his 4th trip so I am not sure why this is a surprise except I did most of the planning) he said we needed to try a condo with a kitchen. I had tried to get him to try WBC but he wanted to stay only on-site until he saw the meal prices.

Turns out with a quote from VS we are saving over $300 from our Disney res. I know I will miss the Disney magic and I am sad but we are calling it a recon trip for future trips with the kids. Although I am certain I will not miss the value beds. The are older now and one Disney room is not going to work anymore.
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 06-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #2966
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post
I just booked our first stay at WBC! Well I paid the deposit anyway. We will be there April 10-18 2013 before our very first (testing the waters) cruise on the Dream. We left DH behind on our Christmas trip so its his turn. Since it's just us we booked a 1 bedroom.

We had Art of Animation Little Mermaid room booked, but DH wanted to make the dining plans and when he saw the sticker prices on the Disney meals (this is his 4th trip so I am not sure why this is a surprise except I did most of the planning) he said we needed to try a condo with a kitchen. I had tried to get him to try WBC but he wanted to stay only on-site until he saw the meal prices.

Turns out with a quote from VS we are saving over $300 from our Disney res. I know I will miss the Disney magic and I am sad but we are calling it a recon trip for future trips with the kids. Although I am certain I will not miss the value beds. The are older now and one Disney room is not going to work anymore.
I understand your situation...even with multiple trips under your belt you can still cringe when you see the cost of dining at the table service restaurants. Our DD's are getting into the tween stage and the extra room and bathroom at WBC is priceless in our opinion. Then the savings on eating in for things like breakfast and the occasional dinner is icing on the cake, so to speak. We were worried that we would miss staying on site, but we ended up loving it! And the bonus is the location of WBC...you never leave WDW property until you drive down Chelonia Pkwy, so you are still surrounded by purple WDW signs!

Old 06-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #2967
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak7 View Post
anyone?
I cannot answer about the buffet but a cab from Epcot to WBC cost about $10.

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
Old 06-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #2968
nilseks
DIS Veteran

Trying to figure out the best way to go about getting some food staples...

We are staying at Bonnet Creek for our next trip. Cooking on vacation just isn't my thing, but we are planning to eat breakfast in the room most days to save some money (and also because my kids aren't big breakfast eaters and prefer to eat in the room).

We're flying on SW so no paying to check an extra bag. My kids are basically cereal eaters so I'm planning to bring box of cereal, maybe some snack bars, goldfish crackers, jar of nutella...things of that nature. I want my vacation to start when I get off the plane and I don't want to spend a lot of time going to Publix or whatnot.

Is there a store at WBC where I can get a gallon or two of milk, a case of pop, loaf of bread, a 6 pk of beer, etc.? If so is it really expensive? Or will the Hess gas station that's on property have items of that nature?
Old 06-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #2969
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilseks View Post
Trying to figure out the best way to go about getting some food staples...

We are staying at Bonnet Creek for our next trip. Cooking on vacation just isn't my thing, but we are planning to eat breakfast in the room most days to save some money (and also because my kids aren't big breakfast eaters and prefer to eat in the room).

We're flying on SW so no paying to check an extra bag. My kids are basically cereal eaters so I'm planning to bring box of cereal, maybe some snack bars, goldfish crackers, jar of nutella...things of that nature. I want my vacation to start when I get off the plane and I don't want to spend a lot of time going to Publix or whatnot.

Is there a store at WBC where I can get a gallon or two of milk, a case of pop, loaf of bread, a 6 pk of beer, etc.? If so is it really expensive? Or will the Hess gas station that's on property have items of that nature?
I know milk and some other stuff are available at the onsite shop. Honestly, the selection is extremely limited and expensive and generally not worth it. The Hess station may also have some stuff, but again, overpriced and not necessarily worth it.

Depending upon what you are wanting, if you don't want to make a store run, You might want to look at one of the grocery delivery services such as Garden Grocer. I don't know if they can do alcohol though.

Personally, I like making a run by the Walmart the day I arrive to grab some things when I fly in. It doesn't take that long and that way I can get all the items I need and the exact brands or sizes that I want instead of relying on a limited selection available at most small convenience shops. (Bonus: the Walmart has a Liquor store at the front, so I can also grab some rum or other tasty adult beverage so I can save some money at the pool bar.)
Old 06-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #2970
disneyfreak7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
I cannot answer about the buffet but a cab from Epcot to WBC cost about $10.
Thanks....Is it true that there is a $fee for the cab to pull up to a park?
I wonder if we could hop on the WBC shuttle if we are staying on Disney property? no flames please, just wondering.

Me DH DS DD DS DS DD:
Closed Thread