Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #2941
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy5555 View Post
Question, we have reserved a 2 bedroom for October. How many adults can it sleep comfortably? We have 2 more now joining us, for a total of 7 adults and one child.
A regular 2bdrm unit contains a king bed in the master bedroom, 2 doubles/queens in the 2nd bedroom, and a pull out couch.

Since you know the makeup of your group, You can probably figure it out from there.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #2942
Peggy5555
Earning My Ears

Our group consists of my husband and myself, my oldest son (32) and his girlfriend, my daughter and her husband, my youngest son (20) and my granddaughter (7). I'm thinking My husband/I and the granddaughter sharing the king bed, my youngest son and daughter/husband sharing the 2nd bedroom, and my son/girlfriend taking the couch bed, as she has trouble sleeping?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #2943
Mommytink
Mouseketeer

We will be checking in next month for the first time. We have a 2 bedroom presidential. I need some guidance with a room request. We really would like a firework view and view of Spaceship Earth and/or castle. Does anyone have a recommendation?
Old 06-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #2944
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Anyone know the status of the WiFi installation in all the towers? I'm hoping for tower 5.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #2945
JoeU
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
Anyone know the status of the WiFi installation in all the towers? I'm hoping for tower 5.
When I called the resort this week, they said the towers were completed 3 days earlier. I'm hoping there is confirmation here soon from people at the resort before I go out and buy a router.

Joe
Old 06-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #2946
JoeU
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommytink View Post
We will be checking in next month for the first time. We have a 2 bedroom presidential. I need some guidance with a room request. We really would like a firework view and view of Spaceship Earth and/or castle. Does anyone have a recommendation?
My understanding is all 2BR, and 3BR presidential suites are located in Tower 6 only. In Tower 6, there are no fireworks views unless you are on like the 19th floor (Presidential Reserve). Your view of Epcot is blocked by Tower 5 from this spot.

I wouldn't downgrade the room for the view though. Presidential suites are super nice. I'll be in mine in about a week!

Joe
Old 06-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #2947
dancin Disney style

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeU View Post
When I called the resort this week, they said the towers were completed 3 days earlier. I'm hoping there is confirmation here soon from people at the resort before I go out and buy a router.

Joe
Yes....hopefully someone can confirm this week. I've already bought a router but it was only $15 so no big deal. I would much prefer to not pack it....I'm bring enough already.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #2948
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Does anybody know if Ken rents units for only 2 nights? Last time we did 3 nights and his website only lists 3 nights and above.

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 06-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #2949
dancin Disney style

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoGKC View Post
Does anybody know if Ken rents units for only 2 nights? Last time we did 3 nights and his website only lists 3 nights and above.
Call him and ask.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #2950
mikana876
I <3 Disney

Does anyone know how much the maid service costs and what the service includes?

DLR 1990, 1993, 2000, 2003, 2012
WDW 2008
Old 06-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #2951
Libby
Mouseketeer

Just wondering what the difference between a regular 2-bed and presedential 2-bed is? We've booked a 2 bed (for 2A, 2C) but wonder if we should upgrade as we got such a great deal by staying here.

DL '92, DL '97, WDW '99 , DL '00, WDW '02, WDW/DCL '04, DL '07, DL '11, WDW Nov/Dec '12
Old 06-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #2952
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
Call him and ask.
I e-mailed him but he doesn't work on Sundays. Juts thought I might be able to get a quick answer on here.

Mom to DD 11 , DD 9 , DS 7

1975-2011 - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses, cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
Old 06-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #2953
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
Just wondering what the difference between a regular 2-bed and presedential 2-bed is? We've booked a 2 bed (for 2A, 2C) but wonder if we should upgrade as we got such a great deal by staying here.
a TAD more square footage (not a whole lot), upgraded stainless appliances and upgraded furnishings, the couch is not a pull out in the presidential units, granite countertops, and hardwood floors.

Basically, the primary differences are the presidential units have a bit more fancy/expensive decor, and they are all located in tower 6.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #2954
suebedo
Mouseketeer

Here now, we checked in today. This is our second stay. We are in tower 4 for the second time. In fact, we are one floor above the same room we were in last year. We are facing the parking lot. Last year were on the first floor, which wasn't the greatest because our patio had no view at all, it was completely covered by shrubs and plants. It felt a bit cavelike with no view out the patio door. This year we are on the second floor. Not much better. My question for you Bonnet Creek frequent fliers...Do you request a certain building /floor? I requested a higher floor -in any tower but got 2nd floor parking lot view. How can I get a nice view???Is it just luck? We are planning on staying here again in October.
TIA
Old 06-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #2955
kleldridge
Disney regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebedo View Post
Here now, we checked in today. This is our second stay. We are in tower 4 for the second time. In fact, we are one floor above the same room we were in last year. We are facing the parking lot. Last year were on the first floor, which wasn't the greatest because our patio had no view at all, it was completely covered by shrubs and plants. It felt a bit cavelike with no view out the patio door. This year we are on the second floor. Not much better. My question for you Bonnet Creek frequent fliers...Do you request a certain building /floor? I requested a higher floor -in any tower but got 2nd floor parking lot view. How can I get a nice view???Is it just luck? We are planning on staying here again in October.
TIA
At Spring Break I requested tower 5, fireworks view. She told me she had a room ready for me but if I wanted to wait, she would see what she could do. So, we busied ourselves in the parks for a few hours and they called when the room was ready. We got our request but I don't know if it would be possible everytime. Since I was willing to wait, I think she could make it happen. This may not always be the case. We always check in early. This may better our chances.

DW DH: , DS19 , DD18:

Previous stays: POFQ 99, 01, 04, 05, 06, 09; CB 02, 03, 09; CS 06; Pop 04, 08; WL 04; Sports 07; SSR 07, 08; AKL 08; Offsite 10, Bonnet Creek 10, 11, 12, 12
Closed Thread