Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #2911
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
Christmas week 2012, do i wait until 60 days out to trey and book it?
I just checked the Wyndham owners' site, and you are already too late. There are no units of any size for a full week checking in on 12/21-22-23/12. You will need to rent from someone who has booked the week speculatively hoping to rent it later. And, you will probably not be getting a great deal on it---that's a huge week, demand-wise.

If you mean New Years Eve, there are a still a handful of 1BR Pres and 2BR Dlx units left checking in on 12/30/12, but nothing for the 28th or 29th. I would not wait to book those.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #2912
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

I am at my 60 mark e-mailed Ken price at 4 am, when do you think I will get a quote.

VS gave me a quote and it was the same as before my 60 day window and way more expensive than other quotes that I have got already. So far the lowest is 1075. for 10 days...

I really want to book so I can just move on to other things. I guess I am just rambling...but only other planners will get my obsessive nature. ugggh, not a good waiter, it took forever to get to my 60 day mark.
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #2913
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
I am at my 60 mark e-mailed Ken price at 4 am, when do you think I will get a quote.

VS gave me a quote and it was the same as before my 60 day window and way more expensive than other quotes that I have got already. So far the lowest is 1075. for 10 days...

I really want to book so I can just move on to other things. I guess I am just rambling...but only other planners will get my obsessive nature. ugggh, not a good waiter, it took forever to get to my 60 day mark.
I feel confident you'll get a quote tomorrow night!!

You will probably get one even sooner than that! I just thought if you can mentally assume tomorrow night,then you'll be excited when it comes sooner.

Let's dance:
Old 06-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #2914
labdogs42
I managed to wrestle a playhouse to the ground and twisted it into submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
I just checked the Wyndham owners' site, and you are already too late. There are no units of any size for a full week checking in on 12/21-22-23/12. You will need to rent from someone who has booked the week speculatively hoping to rent it later. And, you will probably not be getting a great deal on it---that's a huge week, demand-wise.

If you mean New Years Eve, there are a still a handful of 1BR Pres and 2BR Dlx units left checking in on 12/30/12, but nothing for the 28th or 29th. I would not wait to book those.
I wanted 12/24-12/31 -- no go? How do I check the availability?
Old 06-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #2915
JoeU
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob52 View Post
There is a benefit of using a personnal router vs a *shared/public* wifi connection ... personnal = private and faster (probable).

Routers were installed in building 4 (end of May) and according to a couple of DISboard posts - Building 2 (early June).

Might be safe to assume wifi will be available entire Resort (Buildings) soon ... but a phone call to Resort would be best.
Did this today, and according to the person at the front desk, all rooms have wifi as of 3 days ago. I think I'll wait for confirmation here though. So as people stay on property, can you post if you had wifi in your room, and what room/building.

Thanks

Joe
Old 06-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #2916
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeU View Post
Did this today, and according to the person at the front desk, all rooms have wifi as of 3 days ago. I think I'll wait for confirmation here though. So as people stay on property, can you post if you had wifi in your room, and what room/building.

Thanks

Joe

It's a Dog eat Dog world out there

Disney is my Happy ~ Place
Old 06-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #2917
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candleshoe View Post
I feel confident you'll get a quote tomorrow night!!

You will probably get one even sooner than that! I just thought if you can mentally assume tomorrow night,then you'll be excited when it comes sooner.

Let's dance:
I just reread his email and it said it will have a quote within 48 hours, so I am just being anxious.

I was surprised by VS though the quote I got was the same as the quote I got 2 months ago. I have already recieved a quote 600 less than VS, I really thought they would have the best price from what I had read but I was wrong

I am itching to book...I think your right by this time tommorow night I think I will have booked. So I guess I just got to keep to keep swimming...just keep swimmingjust keep swimming
Old 06-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #2918
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
So, if I want a good price on a 2 bedroom for Christmas week 2012, do i wait until 60 days out to trey and book it? Or do I book it now? I love the idea of doing a condo, especially at the holidays. Then if the parks are crazy, we can just hang out in the condo (as opposed to a tiny room at POP or POR). We have stayed on property many many times, but I really like the idea of Bonnett Creek. I need some tips - help a newbie out!

Christmas week.. Book ASAP. The reason it's usually cheaper to rent at 60 days is from the resort offering discounts to owners in order to try and fill the week. With high demand times like Christmas week, the resort will end up booked long before any discounts are offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labdogs42 View Post
I wanted 12/24-12/31 -- no go? How do I check the availability?
I just checked the owners site and it looks like there is 1 2bdrm deluxr unit let for those dates as of right now. As mentioned above, I'd book ASAP if you are really wanting to go those dates.

To check availability, you have to own within the Wyndham system in order to be able to access their internal reservations system. There is not a way for non-owners to check availabilty directly.

Even then, all I can see is the number of open reservations at the resort. I cannot see how many of the existng reservations are behind held by people looking to rent out the reservation.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #2919
Photobee
Mouseketeer

I have a question about check in....we are driving and will possibly not get there until 10pm or later on our check in day. If it happens to be later, how long will they hold our room for us? If we arrive after midnight, will we have issues?
Old 06-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #2920
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobee View Post
I have a question about check in....we are driving and will possibly not get there until 10pm or later on our check in day. If it happens to be later, how long will they hold our room for us? If we arrive after midnight, will we have issues?
It's a time share resort, so it's not like a hotel where after a certain time they'll turn around and resell your reservation. You should have no problem if you arrive and check in after midnight.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #2921
Travellerman
Mouseketeer

Will be making our second trip to WBC soon. It has been 2 years since we stayed there last, will I notice many changes? Or is it the same as I remember?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #2922
Photobee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
It's a time share resort, so it's not like a hotel where after a certain time they'll turn around and resell your reservation. You should have no problem if you arrive and check in after midnight.
thank you! that makes me feel soooo much better! Especially not knowing how traffic or the kiddos will be!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #2923
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

I am waiting for my rental agreement, we are doing this

I am so excited, I am asking for building 6 9th floor or above!

Sherri let's dance!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #2924
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:

Sherri let's dance!

Dancing with you Pammy, Dancin!!

Let's go NOW!!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #2925
DCTooTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travellerman View Post
Will be making our second trip to WBC soon. It has been 2 years since we stayed there last, will I notice many changes? Or is it the same as I remember?
Biggest difference you should notice: All the construction is done. The Hotel, which was the final building to be completed, opened last October.

The hotel is a nice addition to the resort complex since it adds a few new onsite restaurants.

Um.... The bus stop at the main lobby building has moved, and is now located at a dedicated shelter/stop by Tower 1. this is in addition to the stop by Tower 6.

I don't remember if Tower 6 was completed 2 years ago or not.... but it's now open as well, complete with the pirate pool (and slide)

Quote:

Sherri let's dance!
I'm pretty sure that unless you have a Presidential Unit, you are most likely going to be out of luck with that request. I think all the floors above 9 are exclusively presidential units in Tower 6.
Closed Thread