Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #2866
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
The Pirate ship pool is at Tower 6, next to tower 5.

I haven't ever actually gone in that pool (I tend to stick to the hottubs ), but i recall someone mentioning once that it may also be a salt water pool.

BUT.... if you are interesting in the slide there, it does not empty into the pool so it probably wouldn't be salt water even if the pool was.
Yes it's hot tubs for me, too. (and not this kind: ) But my daughter is 12 and that would suit her.

Ken got back with me and extended our stay a day, so we'll be there the whole trip. No moving to Universal for the last night. The family didn't really want to go so much, it was just me. And we might still go for a single day if I can scrap together a little extra dough. Otherwise we'll stick to Disney and be happy. Plus maybe we'll get to actually do some of the BC activities!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #2867
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
Vacation Upgrades posts the prices on their website....$100/night for a 1br is the lowest it will go with them. I think it's a very reasonable price considering that he is VERY reputable and also a hotel room will cost that much and more. Getting a 1br condo for $100/night(no extra tax or fees)....very good deal IMO.
I've never seen the prices on their website, where are they located? I simply filled out the form and got a quote on the size of the villa and the length of stay. I added 2 more weeknights to our reservation (which included 2 weekends) and took the difference in the two rates, figured out the weekday cost and the weekend cost...which is why I stated "if my calculations are correct" and I also said "irregardless...$100 is a great rate" Would really like to know where the prices are posted on the website though...I still don't see them. Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #2868
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyforus View Post
I looked through the posts and can't find the discussion about the mattresses at BC. Someone mentioned they loved the mattress and wrote down all the information and may purchase one.. I am looking for the same info. I too would like to look into purchasing the same mattress...they are sooo comfy.

If I don't hear anything back I will just call the resort and ask...

Thanks!!
Would you mind posting that info if you get it?

We haven't had the pleasure of staying at WBC yet, but are in the market for a new mattress. If we like it as much as everyone else seems to the info will be quite handy.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #2869
mom2m2j
Mouseketeer

I would LOVE to know what Brand the sofa's with the hideabed are! I slept on the one in our room the last night so I could get up early and finish packing without disturbing my kids, and could not believe how thick and comfy it was. It was the 1st time I have ever slept on one that was even close to being comfortable!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #2870
Candleshoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelionqueen View Post
I've never seen the prices on their website, where are they located? I simply filled out the form and got a quote on the size of the villa and the length of stay. I added 2 more weeknights to our reservation (which included 2 weekends) and took the difference in the two rates, figured out the weekday cost and the weekend cost...which is why I stated "if my calculations are correct" and I also said "irregardless...$100 is a great rate" Would really like to know where the prices are posted on the website though...I still don't see them. Thanks!
http://vacationupgrades.com/pricing.html

It's not on vacationstrategy's page though.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #2871
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candleshoe View Post
http://vacationupgrades.com/pricing.html

It's not on vacationstrategy's page though.
Ahhhh yes I do remember seeing that page when I was comparing prices. I thought I read that she was looking at Vacation Strategy which doesn't post their prices. I'm not confused anymore (at least for the time being ) Thanks for the link!!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #2872
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran

As a side note, I am using Vacation Strategy for the first time and have absolutely 1000% amazing customer service and speed in every communication with them.

I did a lot of research on the Dis about other vaction rental companies, and compared prices with them all. VS has stellar reviews on the Dis as do many others, but the price difference was significantly less going through VS then with the other companies I had them give me a quote (looked on ebay too). On top of that...VS has a "low price guarantee" so if you find a lower price they will match or beat it. I didn't need to use that guarantee because they were priced far below everyone else I checked with. As an example, the exact same room and timeframe with VU is $1320 with VS it is $1041 that is more than 20% less for the exact same room. Just FYI

Last edited by thelionqueen; 06-13-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #2873
harvey
Mouseketeer

The mattresses are Simmons Beautyrest. The tag said "Wyndam Hospitality' as well, so they may be made particularly for them. It also said Savana Plush, I believe. I meant to take a pic with my phone, but forgot.

Absolutely the most comfy mattress I've ever slept in. After getting home, my back started acting up again...time for new mattresses here as well. Hoping I can find the Simmons here!

'85 First trip!, '96 All Star Music, '97 Dixie Landings, '98 All Star Sports, '00 Port Orleans Riverside, '02 Caribbean Beach, '03 Vistana, '04 Yacht Club/Coronado Springs, '05 Cypress Point, '06 Beach Club/Pop Century, '07 Windsor Hills, '08 Windsor Hills, '09 Windsor Hills, '11 Indian Creek, '12 #1 Sanctuary at West Haven, '12 #2 Bonnet Creek, '13 Emerald Island Resort
Old 06-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #2874
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
The mattresses are Simmons Beautyrest. The tag said "Wyndam Hospitality' as well, so they may be made particularly for them. It also said Savana Plush, I believe. I meant to take a pic with my phone, but forgot.

Absolutely the most comfy mattress I've ever slept in. After getting home, my back started acting up again...time for new mattresses here as well. Hoping I can find the Simmons here!
Savannah Plush is by Dormia, but I did read that Wyndham is going with Simmons Beautyrest beds, so now I'm confused. We LOVED the bed we had in Building 2 last month. However, we have a Simmons Beautyrest now at home, and it's almost the most uncomfortable bed we've ever had, with the Simmons Beautyrest we owned previously being even less comfortable. I know there are different models, but I don't want to take a chance on another Simmons product. Just wish I had taken a look at the mattress label while I was there.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #2875
Candleshoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelionqueen View Post
As a side note, I am using Vacation Strategy for the first time and have absolutely 1000% amazing customer service and speed in every communication with them.

I did a lot of research on the Dis about other vaction rental companies, and compared prices with them all. VS has stellar reviews on the Dis as do many others, but the price difference was significantly less going through VS then with the other companies I had them give me a quote (looked on ebay too). On top of that...VS has a "low price guarantee" so if you find a lower price they will match or beat it. I didn't need to use that guarantee because they were priced far below everyone else I checked with. As an example, the exact same room and timeframe with VU is $1320 with VS it is $1041 that is more than 20% less for the exact same room. Just FYI
That's so weird, because for us we were quoted almost $400 more with VS than with VU.

Let me be clear though. VS's more expensive quote was outside 60 days, and I knew up front what VU's would be at 60 days and just waited and got my room for $400 less. Wait. Was that clear? I could try again if it was 'clear as mud'.

I believe that inside 60 days VU will be less. However. I did NOT get a quote from VS inside the 60 day mark since they were so much more expensive outside of it.

whew.

I guess really everyone should just shop around.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #2876
harvey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
Savannah Plush is by Dormia, but I did read that Wyndham is going with Simmons Beautyrest beds, so now I'm confused. We LOVED the bed we had in Building 2 last month. However, we have a Simmons Beautyrest now at home, and it's almost the most uncomfortable bed we've ever had, with the Simmons Beautyrest we owned previously being even less comfortable. I know there are different models, but I don't want to take a chance on another Simmons product. Just wish I had taken a look at the mattress label while I was there.
Hmmm...that is confusing. We were also in Building 2 (last week). I'm almost sure it said Savanah Plush as well as Simmons Beautyrest on the side tag. Weird. I guess we could call BC and ask?

'85 First trip!, '96 All Star Music, '97 Dixie Landings, '98 All Star Sports, '00 Port Orleans Riverside, '02 Caribbean Beach, '03 Vistana, '04 Yacht Club/Coronado Springs, '05 Cypress Point, '06 Beach Club/Pop Century, '07 Windsor Hills, '08 Windsor Hills, '09 Windsor Hills, '11 Indian Creek, '12 #1 Sanctuary at West Haven, '12 #2 Bonnet Creek, '13 Emerald Island Resort
Old 06-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #2877
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candleshoe View Post
That's so weird, because for us we were quoted almost $400 more with VS than with VU.

Let me be clear though. VS's more expensive quote was outside 60 days, and I knew up front what VU's would be at 60 days and just waited and got my room for $400 less. Wait. Was that clear? I could try again if it was 'clear as mud'.

I believe that inside 60 days VU will be less. However. I did NOT get a quote from VS inside the 60 day mark since they were so much more expensive outside of it.

whew.

I guess really everyone should just shop around.
I just got a quote back from VS. They were $77 more than VU.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #2878
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
I just got a quote back from VS. They were $77 more than VU.
When you book further out the rates are higher with both companies. The quotes I compared were outside the 60 day window for both companies, so I'm not sure if we're all comparing apples to apples..but for my trip it was quite a bit less with VS. Also they have a price match guarantee so if you wanted to guarantee the lowest price VS is where I would book and did..but obviously everyone needs to go with whomever they feel most comfortable with
Old 06-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #2879
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Would you mind posting that info if you get it?

We haven't had the pleasure of staying at WBC yet, but are in the market for a new mattress. If we like it as much as everyone else seems to the info will be quite handy.

Thanks!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
Quote:
Hmmm...that is confusing. We were also in Building 2 (last week). I'm almost sure it said Savanah Plush as well as Simmons Beautyrest on the side tag. Weird. I guess we could call BC and ask?
Ok, I'm going to call and ask tomorrow, and find out exactly what the brand is...I suppose it is possible that they have more than one brand...We've stayed in two buildings in the last two years and I feel like they were the same...(Bldg 2 and 5)...I'll let everyone know what I find out.
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Old 06-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #2880
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer

We just returned from a 10 night stay at WBC in a 1 bedroom deluxe. I fell in love with the bed ! I wrote down the name . It was a Simmons Beautyrest Vacation Therapy Spa Mattress - Plush. Im going to try to find one to purchase. Let me know if anyone has any luck locating them.
Closed Thread