Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #2851
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

is there a Tower closer to a lazy river?? DS's love lazy rivers! thanks

I also don't really understand Towers and locations. If you could request a Tower w/fireworks view, that was close to a lazy river...which would you choose (if that even exists, lol)

thanks

I got a rate of $100 a night for 11/3-11/7 for a 1 bedroom through Vacation Upgrades...is that about the norm??
Old 06-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #2852
harvey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallandcartersmo View Post
is there a Tower closer to a lazy river?? DS's love lazy rivers! thanks

I also don't really understand Towers and locations. If you could request a Tower w/fireworks view, that was close to a lazy river...which would you choose (if that even exists, lol)

thanks

I got a rate of $100 a night for 11/3-11/7 for a 1 bedroom through Vacation Upgrades...is that about the norm??
There are rivers at the Main Building where you check in and at Tower 5. There are fireworks views in Tower 5, but you may need to be need to be facing the parking lot (except way up high).

Honestly, it takes like 5 minutes to walk to any pool from any location...and all the pools offer fun stuff to do. You'll want to check them all out.

Can't help with your rate as we rented a 2 bedroom deluxe thru a local travel agent.

'85 First trip!, '96 All Star Music, '97 Dixie Landings, '98 All Star Sports, '00 Port Orleans Riverside, '02 Caribbean Beach, '03 Vistana, '04 Yacht Club/Coronado Springs, '05 Cypress Point, '06 Beach Club/Pop Century, '07 Windsor Hills, '08 Windsor Hills, '09 Windsor Hills, '11 Indian Creek, '12 #1 Sanctuary at West Haven, '12 #2 Bonnet Creek, '13 Emerald Island Resort
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #2853
pandamom
I want to go to WDW NOW!
Loves Panera Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candleshoe View Post

Does anyone have recent information about the pools, the showers (are they really just lukewarm?!) and the a/c?
We were there last week and had no issues with hot water or A/C -- in fact I kept turning A/C the temp up because I was too cold.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #2854
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Has anyone attended the timeshare presentation recently? Did they offer anything good? Free tickets? Cash?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #2855
mom2m2j
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I also read a bunch of TripAdvisor reviews that had me concerned. One said that BC had salt water pools!!! One said that the showers are not very hot -- I really need hot showers.

I still haven't heard about that one. I just think that if it's true, that folks wouldn't be staying tehre.

And finally about the fact that the a/c turns off randomly.

Does anyone have recent information about the pools, the showers (are they really just lukewarm?!) and the a/c?
LOVE salt water pools (have one at home!), the only issue I had with the shower was a weak mist that you can not adjust. Water saving I guess. The water in all sinks and the shower was VERY hot. Spoiled me because mine at home takes so long to get hot.

I never had issues with the AC, but you can override the motion sensor by pressing & holding F/C button on the left side of thermostat, once "6P" apprears in display, unit is on override. I had this written in my notes from a previous post in case I needed it.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #2856
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

That seems a bit high but it is over a weekend which I know increases the cost.

We got a 2br with Vacation strategies at roughly the same time frame for approx $94 (average cost per night). If I did the math right, we are paying $75 per night weekday and $120 per night weekend. But these rates are for a 2br which is why your rate for a 1br seems a bit high. Irregardless .....$100 a night is a great rate!!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #2857
dsmith72
Mouseketeer

My husband and I did the timeshare presentation last week because it was $125 AMEX gift card. The lady said when we checked in just show up any morning at 8:15 and if you say no it will be about 1 1/2 hours, if you say yes it will be about 2 hours. We showed up on one of our resort days, you had to have an appt., they squeezed us in but we were there for about 2 hours and even though we said no, the guy said think about it and come back and then I will give your gift. We came back and they kept us another hour. They started with a price of around $40,000 and kept giving us different offers until it was a price of only $7500. We still didn't buy, but at least we got the money. If we ever do that again, we will come in stronger with our no!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #2858
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith72 View Post
They started with a price of around $40,000 and kept giving us different offers until it was a price of only $7500. We still didn't buy, but at least we got the money.
That sounds about right for a timeshare offer. They probably offered you what it would be for a four bedroom Presidential during high season. $7,500 will probably get you a one or two bedroom during regular season every other year. When we bought retail at Wyndham about 12 years ago, I think we paid $4K for points every other year.

For $125, we may do the presentation. We still have over a year to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
Old 06-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #2859
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith72 View Post
My husband and I did the timeshare presentation last week because it was $125 AMEX gift card. The lady said when we checked in just show up any morning at 8:15 and if you say no it will be about 1 1/2 hours, if you say yes it will be about 2 hours. We showed up on one of our resort days, you had to have an appt., they squeezed us in but we were there for about 2 hours and even though we said no, the guy said think about it and come back and then I will give your gift. We came back and they kept us another hour. They started with a price of around $40,000 and kept giving us different offers until it was a price of only $7500. We still didn't buy, but at least we got the money. If we ever do that again, we will come in stronger with our no!
Heck, for $125 I'd sit through the presentation. I might consider it...we arrive on June 30th and the next day is a free day to get groceries and get settled.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #2860
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelionqueen View Post

We got a 2br with Vacation strategies at roughly the same time frame for approx $94 (average cost per night). If I did the math right, we are paying $75 per night weekday and $120 per night weekend. But these rates are for a 2br which is why your rate for a 1br seems a bit high. Irregardless .....$100 a night is a great rate!!
thanks, I didn't think it was a GREAT deal either, but not bad. Maybe they'll go down closer to arrival date. I didn't book, may try again closer. Thanks
Old 06-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #2861
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelionqueen View Post

Vacation Upgrades posts the prices on their website....$100/night for a 1br is the lowest it will go with them. I think it's a very reasonable price considering that he is VERY reputable and also a hotel room will cost that much and more. Getting a 1br condo for $100/night(no extra tax or fees)....very good deal IMO.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #2862
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
We've stayed at WH 3 times in townhomes. It's a nice resort, but doesn't have the same atmosphere at BC. Just one pool and slide, although if you're staying in one of the condos, you'll be close to it. Using your own vehicle, you can get to the parks faster than using the buses at BC. It's more like a neighborhood, not a resort. It's very quiet and private if that's what you're into. We enjoyed all our stays there and will likely stay there again sometime.

I believe there is only one salt water pool at the main building at BC, also has a splash pad and lazy river. It was my favorite pool at BC. That water doesn't leave you feeling chlorinated, lol. I loved it. You can bring the inner tubes from the lazy river over and float to your hearts content. It's a large pool and a lovely area.

Our showers were wicked hot. SAme for the tub, the kitchen sink, kids bath, and laundry. Never had an issue with ac turning off, but there are folks on this thread who can tell you how to override it if it does.

IME, Tripadvisor should be taken with a grain of salt. We've stayed at several places in the US that received negative comments and had a great time.

WH or BC are both wonderful places, either one would make an awesome vacation spot near Disney. Sometimes it's best to just make a list of what is most important to you and find the place that matches it, hold your breath and leap. You're going to Disney afterall....
Thanks! I'll know to avoid that pool and not to worry about the showers.

I went ahead and said yes to a 1br through Ken and Denise. My contract's on its way

Thanks y'all!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #2863
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamom View Post
We were there last week and had no issues with hot water or A/C -- in fact I kept turning A/C the temp up because I was too cold.
Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2m2j View Post
LOVE salt water pools (have one at home!), the only issue I had with the shower was a weak mist that you can not adjust. Water saving I guess. The water in all sinks and the shower was VERY hot. Spoiled me because mine at home takes so long to get hot.

I never had issues with the AC, but you can override the motion sensor by pressing & holding F/C button on the left side of thermostat, once "6P" apprears in display, unit is on override. I had this written in my notes from a previous post in case I needed it.
I appreciate this! I hope that I don't have to do anything special with it though. I'm not very mechanically inclined.

As far as salt water pools I could take them or leave them. Don't really like them but they'll do in a pinch. But my daughter won't swim in them at all. DH and I (AND DD) discovered this the hard way on a cruise. No sense in pushing what she hates, especially for something that's supposed to be fun, kwim?

Where is the Pirate pool? I asked Ken for Building 5 -- like DCTooTall suggested, but forgot to ask where that pool is. I've seen pics of it and it's cute.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #2864
Disneyforus
Lover of all things Disney

To the person with Mattress Information...

I looked through the posts and can't find the discussion about the mattresses at BC. Someone mentioned they loved the mattress and wrote down all the information and may purchase one.. I am looking for the same info. I too would like to look into purchasing the same mattress...they are sooo comfy.

If I don't hear anything back I will just call the resort and ask...

Thanks!!
'75~Fort Wilderness '97~offsite HoneymoonMay'07~Orange LakeMay'08~Roesen Center & POP without Kids Jan'09~Caribbean BeachResort Nov'09~Fort Wilderness Sept'10~POFQ for Night of Joy, without kids April'11~Wyndham Bonnet Creek May'12~Wyndham Bonnet CreekAugust'13~Art of Animation
Old 06-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #2865
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Thanks!!

I appreciate this! I hope that I don't have to do anything special with it though. I'm not very mechanically inclined.

As far as salt water pools I could take them or leave them. Don't really like them but they'll do in a pinch. But my daughter won't swim in them at all. DH and I (AND DD) discovered this the hard way on a cruise. No sense in pushing what she hates, especially for something that's supposed to be fun, kwim?

Where is the Pirate pool? I asked Ken for Building 5 -- like DCTooTall suggested, but forgot to ask where that pool is. I've seen pics of it and it's cute.
The Pirate ship pool is at Tower 6, next to tower 5.

I haven't ever actually gone in that pool (I tend to stick to the hottubs ), but i recall someone mentioning once that it may also be a salt water pool.

BUT.... if you are interesting in the slide there, it does not empty into the pool so it probably wouldn't be salt water even if the pool was.
Closed Thread