Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #2836
overthemoon4mickey
Mouseketeer

Hi all,
Just got back for a 10 day stay. We were in tower 4 room 974, Firework view. I can't imagine the views get any better than that view! We had the Epcot ball in front of us and at 9 each night we would sit and watch the illuminations fireworks, then about 25 minutes later we'd catch a few random fireworks from HS's Fantasmic a bit to our right. At 10 we would watch Wishes! We could even see the hot air ballon at Downtown Disney to our right. The view was amazing!

Our room was wonderful too. We had a 2 bedroom and it was great to be able to spread out. The laundry really helped with all the rain we had. The only negative was that we got a peeling couch. It was an eyesore but we just threw a blanket over the couch because a fake leather couch is uncomfortable to sit on anyway. Overall it was perfect. The extra room really worked for our family (no bickering) and the resort was so centrally located that it was easy to drive to any destination.
SEPT. 05' 10 days CBR/WLV DEC. 07' 9 days CSR JAN. 09' 10 days POR Aug.09' 10 days ASMovies. Jan.11' 10 days CBR June 12' 11 days Bonnet Creek, Dis & Universal June 14' 2 weeks Bonnet Creek and Universal
Old 06-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #2837
ClanHarrison
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdis View Post
Thanks for those pictures Ecohqueen

Thanks that does answer my question It is obviously not meant to walk out from. While you could go through and I'm sure my tween boys could mow one down in a second. I am a rule following and would not have my boys trample through something they should not.

Thanks
When my group stayed, we ended up in different towers (1, 2 & 3). The group that stayed in tower 2 had a ground fl. room (I didn't care for that much) off the parking lot (dumpsters were out there also and no view whatsoever) and leaving out the patio was a short-cut for them to the pools...and for us to visit them from tower 1. The pool was right around the corner.

All Star Vacation Homes
http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/...rty.asp?ID=378 (Absolutely Gorgeous home!!!!) from 8/20-26/05.

We NEVER wanted to leave!

June 29-July 6, 2010...Next stop...USO/IOA. Staying on-sight again; 1 nt. @ RPR for FOTL...AWESOME! Also chillaxin' at STAR LAKE MANOR http://www.star-lake-manor.co.uk/gallery.php
. PARADISE!

We just couldn't stay away! Spring Break 4/16-4/23/11-WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK-4b/r Presidential Suite was sweeeeet !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #2838
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Can someone point me to the activity schedule for July? I tried searching and look at the list on page 1, but no luck.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #2839
kchristopher
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
Can someone point me to the activity schedule for July? I tried searching and look at the list on page 1, but no luck.
I have not yet posted 10 times, so I can't post a link, but after wyndhamvacationresorts and then .com, put the following in the address bar (make it one continuous address):

/ffrweb/pdfs/BonnetCreek_AG.pdf

Does this make sense?
Old 06-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #2840
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchristopher View Post
I have not yet posted 10 times, so I can't post a link, but after wyndhamvacationresorts and then .com, put the following in the address bar (make it one continuous address):

/ffrweb/pdfs/BonnetCreek_AG.pdf

Does this make sense?
Perfect! Thank you!!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #2841
kchristopher
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
Perfect! Thank you!!
no prob. if it works for you, maybe you could post it back as a link so others can just click on it.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #2842
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Thanks. You just answered one of my questions. DH was afraid that the elevators would be too slow, especially with the large number of stories in each tower. He doesn't want to spend half of his vacation waiting for an elevator.

However, how many elevators are in each tower?

Also, is there a common area where you can watch the fireworks. We wouldn't mind a non-fireworks room (we'd probably prefer a lower floor room) if we could view fireworks from a common area...maybe poolside or someplace like it.

Also, I heard they sometimes put out the bouncing moonwalks. How often do they put them out?

As always, many thanks.
Some of the older towers (1,2, and 3) which are smaller have fewer elevators than sme of the newer towers, which are taller. I've stayed in Towers 3, 5, and 6. Tower 3 had 3 elevators, 5 had 4, and 6 (the tallest) had 6 elevators.

Overall, I've never waited more than a minute or two for an elevator, even during busier times.

as for Common firework view locations, i've heard that they will open up the Presidential Unit model in Tower 1 during fireworks sometimes for people to see the fireworks. There is supposedly also a lounge in Tower 6 for Presidential and/or VIP guests.

Beyond that, There really isn't a common area, but I know some people will go to their elevator windows to watch them. You can also see some of the higher fireworks from the tower 2/3 pool area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
This may have been posted before but I can't remember.....

Is there an in room safe? If so, what type....key or number keypad? Also, how large is it?
It's a small hotel type room safe. Number Keypad style.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #2843
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Link for activities June-Aug 2012

https://www.wyndhamvacationresorts.c...etCreek_AG.pdf
Old 06-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #2844
mom2m2j
Mouseketeer

Enjoyed a great stay last week in room 302 (1 Bedroom) in the main building. Has the largest balcony in that building. Rooms are only on the 3rd & 4th floor. We arrived at 10AM to check in, our room was not ready until almost 4PM. We had 2 coolers that they held for us so we could get them out of the heat, also placed some takeout containers in the frig. Very easy and convienant for us. My only issue was hearing the people above us at all hours. We sleep with a sound machine so the noise from the pool was not a problem, but someone jumping up & down above us at midnight was.

We didn't get to enjoy the resort pools as much as we had planned due to the weather. We did make our way around the lake so my kids could slide, swim, and/or float in them all at least once.

Used the transportation 1st 2 days, decided to drive after having to wait in the rain for our bus from Epcot and seeing lots of rain forecasted for the rest of the week. Was standing room only when we got on, thankfully an elderly gentleman moved his granddaughter to his lap so I could sit and hold my youngest. The bus was full the 1st morning, 2nd morning not everyone was able to get on the 8AM bus.

A tip for securing the balcony slider, I unscrewed the broom from it's handle. The handle fit perfectly to keep my youngest from unlocking the door and opening it.

Pics of our view & room are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/rmporre...ekRoom302View#
Old 06-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #2845
harvey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2m2j View Post
Enjoyed a great stay last week in room 302 (1 Bedroom) in the main building. Has the largest balcony in that building. Rooms are only on the 3rd & 4th floor. We arrived at 10AM to check in, our room was not ready until almost 4PM. We had 2 coolers that they held for us so we could get them out of the heat, also placed some takeout containers in the frig. Very easy and convienant for us. My only issue was hearing the people above us at all hours. We sleep with a sound machine so the noise from the pool was not a problem, but someone jumping up & down above us at midnight was.

We didn't get to enjoy the resort pools as much as we had planned due to the weather. We did make our way around the lake so my kids could slide, swim, and/or float in them all at least once.

Used the transportation 1st 2 days, decided to drive after having to wait in the rain for our bus from Epcot and seeing lots of rain forecasted for the rest of the week. Was standing room only when we got on, thankfully an elderly gentleman moved his granddaughter to his lap so I could sit and hold my youngest. The bus was full the 1st morning, 2nd morning not everyone was able to get on the 8AM bus.

A tip for securing the balcony slider, I unscrewed the broom from it's handle. The handle fit perfectly to keep my youngest from unlocking the door and opening it.

Pics of our view & room are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/rmporre...ekRoom302View#
We were there the same time I wondered if there were rooms in the main building...I saw lots of time share presenters and families on the balconies, but didn't know if there were guest rooms as well. We also didn't have a good experience with the buses, so not sure what's up with that. Wish we'd had better weather to enjoy the pools more. BTW, we were in Tower 2, and I can see our room in some of your pics

'85 First trip!, '96 All Star Music, '97 Dixie Landings, '98 All Star Sports, '00 Port Orleans Riverside, '02 Caribbean Beach, '03 Vistana, '04 Yacht Club/Coronado Springs, '05 Cypress Point, '06 Beach Club/Pop Century, '07 Windsor Hills, '08 Windsor Hills, '09 Windsor Hills, '11 Indian Creek, '12 #1 Sanctuary at West Haven, '12 #2 Bonnet Creek, '13 Emerald Island Resort
Old 06-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #2846
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Pics of our view & room are here: https://picasaweb.google.com/rmporre...ekRoom302View#[/QUOTE]

Nice photos! Thanks. LOVE Your balcony!!!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #2847
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Eating tables on any balconies?

We are staying in a 3 bdrm presidential. I love using a balcony to eat meals. Do the 3 bdrm pres. balconies have anything more than chairs and side tables?
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; WBC '14, ; WBC/ASSp Spring Break 2015
Old 06-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #2848
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
We are staying in a 3 bdrm presidential. I love using a balcony to eat meals. Do the 3 bdrm pres. balconies have anything more than chairs and side tables?
It has a table with 4 chairs and 3 to 4 chairs with side tables. We ate breakfast out there in the mornings.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #2849
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

It's been a tough decision! It was between a 1BR BC and a 2BR/2Bath at Windsor Hills. That 2nd bath was quite a draw!!

I also read a bunch of TripAdvisor reviews that had me concerned. One said that BC had salt water pools!!! One said that the showers are not very hot -- I really need hot showers.

I still haven't heard about that one. I just think that if it's true, that folks wouldn't be staying tehre.

And finally about the fact that the a/c turns off randomly.

Does anyone have recent information about the pools, the showers (are they really just lukewarm?!) and the a/c?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #2850
harvey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candleshoe View Post
It's been a tough decision! It was between a 1BR BC and a 2BR/2Bath at Windsor Hills. That 2nd bath was quite a draw!!

I also read a bunch of TripAdvisor reviews that had me concerned. One said that BC had salt water pools!!! One said that the showers are not very hot -- I really need hot showers.

I still haven't heard about that one. I just think that if it's true, that folks wouldn't be staying tehre.

And finally about the fact that the a/c turns off randomly.

Does anyone have recent information about the pools, the showers (are they really just lukewarm?!) and the a/c?
We've stayed at WH 3 times in townhomes. It's a nice resort, but doesn't have the same atmosphere at BC. Just one pool and slide, although if you're staying in one of the condos, you'll be close to it. Using your own vehicle, you can get to the parks faster than using the buses at BC. It's more like a neighborhood, not a resort. It's very quiet and private if that's what you're into. We enjoyed all our stays there and will likely stay there again sometime.

I believe there is only one salt water pool at the main building at BC, also has a splash pad and lazy river. It was my favorite pool at BC. That water doesn't leave you feeling chlorinated, lol. I loved it. You can bring the inner tubes from the lazy river over and float to your hearts content. It's a large pool and a lovely area.

Our showers were wicked hot. SAme for the tub, the kitchen sink, kids bath, and laundry. Never had an issue with ac turning off, but there are folks on this thread who can tell you how to override it if it does.

IME, Tripadvisor should be taken with a grain of salt. We've stayed at several places in the US that received negative comments and had a great time.

WH or BC are both wonderful places, either one would make an awesome vacation spot near Disney. Sometimes it's best to just make a list of what is most important to you and find the place that matches it, hold your breath and leap. You're going to Disney afterall....

'85 First trip!, '96 All Star Music, '97 Dixie Landings, '98 All Star Sports, '00 Port Orleans Riverside, '02 Caribbean Beach, '03 Vistana, '04 Yacht Club/Coronado Springs, '05 Cypress Point, '06 Beach Club/Pop Century, '07 Windsor Hills, '08 Windsor Hills, '09 Windsor Hills, '11 Indian Creek, '12 #1 Sanctuary at West Haven, '12 #2 Bonnet Creek, '13 Emerald Island Resort
Closed Thread