Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #2821
kleldridge
Disney regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarry View Post
I am trying to book Xmas week Dec 26 to Jan 2. I have contacted Vacation Strategy and Vacation Upgrades...neither of them have a 3 bedroom available. Anyone else I can book with??? They both stated they would continue to check. Is there any hope one will become available??
Keep checking. Many times these popular weeks come open as the time gets closer. Those listed by Branabb are good places to start. Don't give up!

DW DH: , DS19 , DD18:

Previous stays: POFQ 99, 01, 04, 05, 06, 09; CB 02, 03, 09; CS 06; Pop 04, 08; WL 04; Sports 07; SSR 07, 08; AKL 08; Offsite 10, Bonnet Creek 10, 11, 12, 12
Old 06-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #2822
nuts4wdw
Have a disney day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthemoon4mickey View Post
Fellow Bonnet Creekers,

free to good home.... One super comfy travel stroller.

We leave for home tomorrow Sunday the 10th. We will be leaving our trusty stroller behind. It is a Graco. it is Large, black with grey and red details and a large basket underneath that will fold down to allow for items to be added or removed if child is asleep in the stroller. It has 2 cup holders, and 2 cubbies to tuck sunglasses and other items into. It has a large sun shade and a clear rain cover that has it's own bag and will be in the basket of the stroller. This is a sturdy stroller and we used it for my 6 year old on this trip (we parked it by day and only used it to tote the passed out boy back to the car and up the elevator at night). DS has outgrown the need for a stroller but I will miss the use of one as I did love the cup holders. This stroller is in very good condition and comes from a smoke free home. if your coming to WBC this week and would like it I can leave it with guest services.

So.....who wants it???

We are off to Epcot and should be back to watch fireworks by 9. I'll get back to you then.
Hello, it is super late. But I did one last check before we head out in the morning. So, if you check this thread again great! We are arriving tomorrow the 10th late. We would be glad to use the Graco on our dates 10-20th. Then we could leave it for the next person. If not, that is ok too! Safe travels!!!

Prescott's Make a Wish pre-trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #2823
harvey
Mouseketeer

Just back from a week at BC. Our first stay there. It was a lovely resort, although the weather was not conducive to much swimming. We were in Tower 2, room 744...right over the top of the baby pool. I thought it was a very pretty view. I decided I really don't want to stay in a higher floor in the taller buildings. We could see Epcot if we cranked our necks to the left, but had to go to the elevator window to see the fireworks, which we did twice.

BTW, they were putting in the wireless internet while there. Our unit had new furniture and granite countertops. Unit was very clean, beds were super comfy, and we were impressed by the quick elevators. I definitely would not want to be in a unit that faced a parking lot or garage unless they were higher floors. The pool was loud until 10-11 on the evenings it wasn't raining, especially when they do live music (which was very good, btw). If we were heading to bed before they finished (which we didn't), it prolly would've made falling asleep a bit difficult, but I noticed the noise was much worse when they did stuff over at Towers 4/5 at Escuidos.

Other impressions....I think the rainy weather really dampened our spirits as we'd planned to spend 3 days just hanging out at the pools while hubs attended a conference. We did make it to the lazy river over at Tower 5 and the pool/river at the welcome building, and played putt putt a couple times. The pool at our tower was crowded when it wasn't raining, and the boys liked that slide better than the pirate slide, which always had a wait. The hot tub and pool were kinda dirty for my taste (lots of stuff floating), but I'm used to having a private pool when we rent homes, so maybe I'm weird that way. My boys enjoyed the game room a couple times too.

We must've been unlucky in bus drivers the one time we used it....11 pick up at Tower 1, and we had to stand for the bumpy, jerky ride. Never had that happen on a Disney bus (standing in the morning and having to hold on for dear life). And the guy didn't know where he was going, arrived late, and got irritated and snapped at a with a mom in front of us during pickup at the TTC. He confused several families who didn't know whether they were supposed to take the monorail to Epcot or wait on the bus so he could take them, and the driver didn't know. We ended up making a long detour into epcot for this family. Then he about wrecked the bus in the parking garage behind Tower 6. I hope he was a 'one off' driver as I'd never heard of problems with the BC transporation. We ended up driving to the MK the following day as I didn't want to repeat that journey.

Check in was fairly painless and quick (checked in midday last Sunday), although the parking pass agent was way more pushy than we were led to believe. Hubby wasn't very pleased about that, but it is a time share. They called at least 2 other times, but we didn't answer the phone. Our unit wasn't ready yet, so we made use of the shower rooms to change and swam for an hour or so till they called.

My hubs also shattered a glass baking pan pulling our salmon out of the oven one night. I called for guest services and asked if someone could come vacuum the carpet under the table as the glass went everywhere, and they were there lickety-split.

Never had a problem finding parking behind our building.

For the price and location, it's a great place. Will I stay there again? It would depend on how many of our family are travelling with us as even a 4 bedroom presidential wouldn't fit everyone...if it was just hubs and I, I think I'd rather splurge on a Disney resort as I was kinda weird to be on property but not have the extra 'pixie dust'. For my whole family (6 kids, 3 kids in law and a grandbaby) we would probably just rent a house as we've done in the past. If just a few of the kids came along, we'd certainly consider Bonnet Creek again.

If I can figure out how to upload pics, I'd be happy to post them of our view.

'85 First trip!, '96 All Star Music, '97 Dixie Landings, '98 All Star Sports, '00 Port Orleans Riverside, '02 Caribbean Beach, '03 Vistana, '04 Yacht Club/Coronado Springs, '05 Cypress Point, '06 Beach Club/Pop Century, '07 Windsor Hills, '08 Windsor Hills, '09 Windsor Hills, '11 Indian Creek, '12 #1 Sanctuary at West Haven, '12 #2 Bonnet Creek, '13 Emerald Island Resort
Old 06-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #2824
tripplanner2
DIS Veteran

Can anyone give me an idea what a four bedroom unit would cost over the Christmas break? We would love to stay for a week.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #2825
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thank you for your review, Cindy.
Where are these "shower rooms" you mentioned?
We'll probably be arriving quite a bit before 4 PM, so those rooms would be a great help...
Old 06-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #2826
harvey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Thank you for your review, Cindy.
Where are these "shower rooms" you mentioned?
We'll probably be arriving quite a bit before 4 PM, so those rooms would be a great help...
Head out from the registration area to the pool area and go right all the way to the end of the building. There's a men's and women's restroom/shower room there. I can't remember if there's lockers...hubby just took our clothes to our car.

'85 First trip!, '96 All Star Music, '97 Dixie Landings, '98 All Star Sports, '00 Port Orleans Riverside, '02 Caribbean Beach, '03 Vistana, '04 Yacht Club/Coronado Springs, '05 Cypress Point, '06 Beach Club/Pop Century, '07 Windsor Hills, '08 Windsor Hills, '09 Windsor Hills, '11 Indian Creek, '12 #1 Sanctuary at West Haven, '12 #2 Bonnet Creek, '13 Emerald Island Resort
Old 06-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #2827
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #2828
harvey
Mouseketeer

Here's a link to photos I posted of our views.

Bonnet Creek Tower 2 Room 744 views

Old 06-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #2829
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pics - they are awesome!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #2830
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
..we were impressed by the quick elevators.
Thanks. You just answered one of my questions. DH was afraid that the elevators would be too slow, especially with the large number of stories in each tower. He doesn't want to spend half of his vacation waiting for an elevator.

However, how many elevators are in each tower?

Also, is there a common area where you can watch the fireworks. We wouldn't mind a non-fireworks room (we'd probably prefer a lower floor room) if we could view fireworks from a common area...maybe poolside or someplace like it.

Also, I heard they sometimes put out the bouncing moonwalks. How often do they put them out?

As always, many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
Old 06-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #2831
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Thanks. You just answered one of my questions. DH was afraid that the elevators would be too slow, especially with the large number of stories in each tower. He doesn't want to spend half of his vacation waiting for an elevator.

Also, is there a common area where you can watch the fireworks. We wouldn't mind a non-fireworks room (we'd probably prefer a lower floor room) if we could view fireworks from a common area...maybe poolside or someplace like it.

Also, I heard they sometimes put out the bouncing moonwalks. How often do they put them out?

As always, many thanks.
There are 6 elevators we were on the 13 floor, waiting for elevators is not a problem.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #2832
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post

As always, many thanks.
IIRC ... 4 Elevators = Building 4 ... not much of a wait most times ... might be a bit more of a wait around 10am = if alot of folks are checking out at same time.
Enjoy your stay ... We sure did = best vacation ever ... for the price of a mid range suite hotel ($120.00 day/night)... we enjoyed it much more.

It's a Dog eat Dog world out there

Disney is my Happy ~ Place
Old 06-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #2833
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
Here's a link to photos I posted of our views.

Bonnet Creek Tower 2 Room 744 views
Great views!! That would be pretty much where we would want to be as it looks close to everything, especially the pools
Old 06-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #2834
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

This may have been posted before but I can't remember.....

Is there an in room safe? If so, what type....key or number keypad? Also, how large is it?
Old 06-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #2835
harvey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelionqueen View Post
Great views!! That would be pretty much where we would want to be as it looks close to everything, especially the pools
That's what I thought. If we decide to go back, I will request Tower 2 or 3

Someone asked about a common fireworks view....I don't think you can see them at all from any of the pools. You have to be higher up. In Tower 2 where we were, we couldn't see them unless we walked down the hall to the center of the building where the elevators were and looked out the window. We could see the Epcot ball looking to our left from the balcony, but it was the east side of it, so we weren't able to see the fireworks. The other side of our building had great fireworks views from their balconies (lake side, not parking lot side).

Closed Thread